Novag/Yorter Chinese Chess computers

Javier Marcelo

Aug 29, 2002, 3:56:34 AM8/29/02
I'd like to know where to buy the Novag-Yorter Xiangqi computers, as I
live in Spain and it'simpossible to find them here (I think that is the same
dor a lot of Western countries). I'd like to know too, if anybody has one,
how good they're, their strenght, and do.
Tank you.

Erik Anker

Aug 29, 2002, 10:41:18 PM8/29/02
Hello Javier Marcelo! :)

I have bought a Novag Yorter #9302 Xiang Qi Computer, and I'm very satisfied
with it!
I'm not a very good player, but still I know that it's very strong. I've had
mine for about a year and I still haven't beaten it. I let it think when
it's my turn to move and when it's his turn, I let him think for max 15
seconds.
The playing levels are divided into eight basic types, and each type has 10
different levels.

Technical Specifications Novag Yorter Art no. 9302:

Processor Speed: 20 Mhz
Program Memory: 32 Kb
Ram Memory: 1 Kb
Sound: Piezo electric Buzzer
Opperating Voltage: 9VDC at 300mA or 6 AAA Size Batteries
Battery Life: 80 Hours (Alkaline Bateries)
Current Consumption: 20mA Max

P.S: Does not include Adaptor.

Contact Information:

YORTER INTERNATIONAL
UNIT 8, 8/F., THRIVING IND. CENTRE,
26-38 SHA TSUI ROAD, TSUEN WAN, N.T. HONG KONG
TEL: [852] 2416 6636 FAX: [852] 2412 2220

You can read about the Xiang Qi Computers at
http://www.yutopian.com/chinesechess/. Unfortunatly, they haven't got the
best (#9302) for sale.
Maybe Yorter International have developed a stronger Xiang Qi Computer since
I bought mine. If so and you find out, please let me know. Thanx! :)

Sorry for the bad english, It's late now and I'm tired....

Good luck and best regards from Erik Anker. :)

Javier Marcelo

Aug 30, 2002, 8:47:28 AM8/30/02
Thank you Erik. Very useful info :-)

I've seen the yutopian page, and now they've got your model for sale. I
prefer the 9301 model, just for the portability. I think that it is the same
as the 9302, but in a smaller size (same 32k memory and features). I own a
Novag Opal Plus Chess computer (Western Chess, I mean :-) ), that looks the
same as this machine. Did you buy it from yutopian?. There's a great
difference in prices between the Western Chess and Xiangqi computers that
have the same features. It's just their prices or it's yutopian that charges
more for this "exotical" products for european customers?
Is there any way of cantcating Yorter without using a phone?. I mean email
or something.

Best regards, and thank you again.

"Erik Anker" <er...@sensewave.com> escribió en el mensaje

Claus

Aug 30, 2002, 3:31:08 PM8/30/02

I'm also in possession of a Novag Xiangqi computer
and, in my opinion, it's not strong at all. I bought
in HongKong some time ago and I was very disappointed
about it. I haven't been using it for quite a while.
I will look up which model I really have and post it
here as soon as possible. Most likely, Erik has a
much better model than I have.

Claus

Erik Anker

Aug 30, 2002, 5:21:25 PM8/30/02
Hi Javier! :)

I didn't buy mine from Yutopian. I bought mine directly from Yorter
International. It cost me 190 USD by air mail. I live in Norway. I haven't
got their e-mail. You should try to send them a fax.

Best regards,

Erik Anker. :)

Robert Reynolds

Aug 31, 2002, 8:48:47 PM8/31/02
"Javier Marcelo" <gor...@teleline.es> wrote in message news:<Sskb9.195236$We6.1...@telenews.teleline.es>...

I order one for about 200$ from the now deceased www.xiangqi.com. I
am very happy with it. Even though I have the largest one the pieces
are pretty small. I am still not very good at xiangqi yet, although I
am an expert at Western Chess. I can only beat the first 2 levels

Claus

Sep 2, 2002, 3:37:21 AM9/2/02
In the meantime I looked up what model I have,
it's model 9300, probably a weaker model than
9301 and 9302?!

zuldare

Sep 15, 2002, 5:43:57 PM9/15/02
Anyone know how to order these without using your credit card?

zul
"Robert Reynolds" <re...@excite.com> wrote in message

bon...@connect.hku.hk

Jun 2, 2020, 2:50:00 AM6/2/20
Anyone still have this chinese chess computer but doesn’t need it anymore? I’ve been looking for one as a present to my nephew.
Please help!! Many thanks.

chris...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2020, 11:57:30 PM6/4/20
I have a Novag chinese chess, but lost the menu, if anyone has one please email me.

fang chan

May 10, 2021, 11:08:08 PM5/10/21
I have two menu for 8710 and 9302. which model you need?

David Garcia

Nov 10, 2022, 5:56:54 AM11/10/22

> I have two menu for 8710 and 9302. which model you

I recently purchased a used 9302. However, it did not come with a the menu (manual?).

Do you still have the menu for the 9302 available? Thank you so much!

fang chan

Dec 7, 2023, 1:06:05 PM12/7/23
my email is squarec...@gmail.com. i don't know your email are