Software for running tournaments

Skelley

Mar 31, 2003, 5:59:59 AM3/31/03
> I have been searching for free software programs to automate much of the
> paperwork involved with running a game tournament. My search has led to
> two conclusions:

<snip snap>

Do you know Christoph Gerlach's McMahon?

http://www.cgerlach.de/macmahon.html

This is a very powerful tool for administrating and pairing tournaments.
Many large international tournaments in Europe are 'run' with this
program.

Skelley

Ben Finney

Mar 31, 2003, 6:11:06 PM3/31/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:59:59 +0200, Skelley wrote:
> > I have been searching for free software programs to automate much of
> > the paperwork involved with running a game tournament.
>
> Do you know Christoph Gerlach's McMahon?
> http://www.cgerlach.de/macmahon.html
>
> This is a very powerful tool for administrating and pairing
> tournaments. Many large international tournaments in Europe are
> 'run' with this program.

One of many non-free programs, unfortunately. The author does not make
source code available, and so users are not free to examine, modify and
redistribute the program.

I will be gathering ideas from this and other popular tournament
programs (for Go and other games) to design a free software tournament
assistant.

--
\ "If you ever reach total enlightenment while you're drinking a |
`\ beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose." -- Jack Handey |