For immediate release---STC World Championships 2003

TheWiz

Sep 3, 2003, 3:15:24 AM9/3/03
Dear Chessfriends,

With final committment from ICC management today confirming our long
standing friendship and solid affialiation, I am proud to announce that ICC
will be hosting the STC World Championship Finals and has agreed to fund the
prize fund with four prizes, as indicated here.

o 1st Place - 1 Year Free Membership
o 2nd Place - 9 Months Free Membership
o 3rd Place - 6 Months Free Membership
o 4th Place - 3 Months Free Membership

As has been previously announced, the first phase of the tournament will be
held on each of the respective servers, ICC, FICS, and USCL, beginning
September 16th, with registration ending around September 14th. With this
notice, I am announcing that the Final Four Double Round Robin (2nd Phase),
will be hosted by the Internet Chess Club (ICC), beginning on or around
November 6th, with accounts and interface software provided free of charge
to the winners from FICS, USCL, and the Wild Card Winner as described in our
newsletter of 31 Aug 2003

The STC BUNCH World Championships is just one of four majors held each year
and one of only two, which features cross server play for the bragging
rights of the STC BUNCH, and fine prizes worth over One Hundred US Dollars
($$130.00 USD---approximate value).

This tournament was inaugurated in 1996, and has been in continuous service
each year since.

This tournament is restricted to STC BUNCH Members only, who have registered
as users on any of the servers, ICC, FICS and USCL.

STC Home: http://www.stcbunch.org
STC News: http://www.stcbunch.org/newsletter.html
Tourney Info: http://www.stcbunch.org/nl20030831art1.html

Thank you,