Hawaii International

1 view

Hal Bogner

May 16, 1994, 2:45:37 PM5/16/94
Hi! I was asked to pass on this report about an international
match-tournament going on now in Hawaii. I expect that either Jim Eade or
Eric Schiller will post the final results, and maybe some games, when they get
back later this week.

-hal

------------------------------------

From Jim...@aol.com Sun May 15 20:48:21 1994

Would you please post the standings so far, I can't seem to get there from
here.

After 6 rounds:
The International Team is leading the Hawaii Team by a score of 18 to 12.
International team leaders:
Leski 4.5 out of 5
Schiller 3.5 out of 5
Leading the Hawaii team is
Reynolds Takata with 3.5 out of 6

The International team also has Jordy (50%)
Jim Eade
Tom Dorsch
Luis Busquets
and Martin Herzog of Switzerland.

Rounding (literally) out the Hawaii team:
Clyde Nakamura
Leslie Au
Skip Shipman
Tom Weiderman.

The all master modified round robin is scheduled to end on Wednesday. The
purpose was to get the Hawaii players to establish FIDE ratings so that
future events become more attractive.

Ken Kuniyuki

May 18, 1994, 4:51:45 PM5/18/94
After 9 rounds the score is Mainland 27.5 Hawaii 17.5
Hawaii is even against Jordy.
Leading is Marc Leski at 7-1
Leading Hawaii is Reynolds Takata at 5.5-3.5
Last Round Tonight.