Steriev Ljupco

cavema...@my-deja.com

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
The following information on Steriev Ljupco Is Taken From Sam Sloan's
Web Site, for those of you who have not previously seen this story. I
have not been able to independently verify all of these details, but
that should not be taken as a statement impuning Sam's version of the,
as it seems to have been kept very quiet so that details were difficult
to verify.

Note: In 1997, Ljupco Steriev qualified for the US junior Closed solely
on the basis of rating. He finished 0-9. As white, he managed to lose a
Rook AND Queen within 15 moves in one game. After the tournament, the
USCF adjusted Steriev's rating downward from nearly 2400 to 1380,
because the 2400 rating he had "earned" was obviously quite
unrepresentative of his true ability.
Rating History for

LJUPCO STERIEV
USCF ID: 12649546 Expires: 30 Apr 1998 State:
ILLINOIS

Source Regular Rtg Quick Rtg
----------------- ----------- -----------
12-97 Supplement 1380
10-97 Supplement 1380
08-97 Supplement 2260
06-97 Supplement 2399
04-97 Supplement 2397
02-97 Supplement 2384
12-96 Supplement 1794
10-96 Supplement 1337
08-96 Supplement 1310 p 18
12-95 Supplement 1087 p 13
10-95 Supplement 1010 p 11
06-95 Supplement 877 p 07

**********************************
Steriev Ljupco responds to charges that he used fraud to get into the
1997 US Junior Closed Championship
To: SL...@ISHIPRESS.COM
Subject: THANK GOODNESS I...
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 14:22:37 PDT
I FOUND YOUR ADDRESS ON THE WEB BY A TOTAL ACCIDENT...

THIS IS MR. STERIEV LJUPCO AND I DEMAND YOU TAKE OFF MY NAME FROM YOUR
WEB. ( SPEAKING OF STAN VAUGHAN, IS HE A MASTER ANYWAY , CAN YOU PROVE
HE CHEATED, NO !?! )

WHAT DO YOU MEAN: "EARNED", I CRUSHED MANY MASTERS ( MOSTLY EXPERTS )
IN THE CHICAGO AREA. YOU GUYS CAN'T PROVE NOTHING ABOUT MY RATING. MY
YUGOSLAVIAN RATING IS WELL OVER 2100, THE HIGHEST YUG. RATING I HAD WAS
2333, I DON'T CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE 2400, BUT AT LEAST 2200 ELO, YES I
DO !!! AND I CAN PROVE THAT. I HAD MANY REASONS TO LOOSE ALL THOSE NINE
GAMES ON PURPOSE, OK ( LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF GAMES: #1 AND #9 ) THEY
WERE A NICE CREATION, UNTIL I LOST A ROOK ON PURPOSE AND FAILED TO DRAW
GAME #9, THE MAIN REASON WAS: I WANTED TO DISAPPOINT SOMEBODY WHO HAD
HURT ME A LOT IN MY LIFE, TO GET EVEN WITH, I DON'T CARE ABOUT USCF
RATING ANYWAY, MY YUGO RATING IS NOW: 2175 ( USCF 2275 ), AND I'M VERY
HAPPY WITH IT.

AFTER THE NATO TERRORISTS STOP BOMBING YUGOSLAVIA I WILL GO BACK THERE
AND PLAY SOME TOURNAMENTS AS I DO AT LEAST 2 TIMES IN A YEAR. LONG ONES
ONLY. I USUALLY PLAY MANY GAMES.

THANK GOD I FOUND YOU BY ACCIDENT, SO I CAN STRAIGHTEN EVERYTHING OUT!

P.S. AND YES, I HATE USCF, BUT I'M GLAD MY RATING IS DOWN, THIS WAY I
CAN CRUSH WITH MY EYES CLOSED ALL THE PEOPLE IN MY GROUP AND WIN SOME
MONEY, ANYTIME I'LL FEEL LIKE IT, AND BROTHER I HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO
DO IT NOW AFTER THE STUPID USCF PEOPLE TOOK MY RATING DOWN, I'M GLAD
IT'S DOWN, I'M ALSO GLAD MY YUGOSLAVIAN RATING IS ON THE MASTER'S
LEVEL, AND YES I PLAYED MANY FM'S, I CAN SEND YOU SOME GAMES, IF YOU
PAY ME FOR S&H, ON A DISK, AGAINST COMPUTERS AS WELL I PLAY BETTER,
TOTAL PRICE IS 10$ !@!! OVER 500 GAMES AND 500 PUZZLES I CREATED !@!!

GOOD-BYE DUDE, AND YES I'LL BE ON TV VERY SOON WITH MY NEW CHESS
COMPANY, ON A TALK SHOW, AND NO, I WILL NEVER HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH
THE USCF FOLKS !!!

VERY SERIOUSLY: MR. CM/(GM) STERIEV LUPCO

NO MATTER WHAT YOU OR THE USCF THINK, U GUYS ARE REALLY WRONG, I LOVE
CHESS AND I SUPPORT CHESS AND YOU SHOULD THANK ME FOR BEING THE: CHESS-
AMBASSADOR OF THE WORLD, I SUPPORT THE CHESS INTO OLYMPICS, I HAVE MY
OWN NEWSPAPER CHESS-COLUMN, ON MY FORMER WEEKLY ELVIS RADIO SHOW I
TALKED ABOUT CHESS A LOT, AND YES I PERSONALLY WON FEW BLITZ GAMES
AGAINST IM/GM PALOS OSMAN, 10 MINUTES BLITZ, I WON TWO, LOST TWO AND
DREW FOUR OF THEM... BUT I AM NOT A 100% PLAYER IN ANY BLITZ MODE!

YOU ARE NO JUDGE TO JUDGE OTHERS MAN !!!!!!!

Dear Mr. Steriev Ljupco,
I am sorry but I cannot take your name off of my chess web site.

You have earned a place in chess infamy, a name which will never be
forgotten in the annals of US Chess.

You somehow managed to get into the US Junior Closed Championship,
preventing somebody more deserving from playing, and then you lost all
your games on purpose, you say.

For this you have made a name for yourself, a name which will never be
forgotten by chess players everywhere.

Sam Sloan

**********
At 11:51 AM 4/6/99 PDT, THE WPCA CHESS CO. wrote:
I AM VERY RESPECTED BY MOST OF THE CHICAGO AND POLISH AND YUGOSLAVIAN
PLAYERS. I HOPE MY NAME WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

I GOT THERE LEGALLY AND THE USCF ACCEPTED ME. I LOST ON PURPOSE TRUE,
AND I NEVER WANTED TO GO THE TOURNAMENT ANYWAY, I WAS FORCED TO...

ASK THE SPONSOR, THE GUYS FROM NORMAL ILLINOIS, I CALLED THEM AND I
TOLD THEM I AM NOT HAPPY WITH ME GOING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I AM HAPPY
I LOST ALL THOSE NINE GAMES, MAKE SURE EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT AROUND THE
WORLD. I'M VERY HAPPY AND I DON'T REGRET ANYTHING AT ALL MR. SLOAN.

I WAS FORCED TO GO BY SOME OTHER PEOPLE I HATE NOW AND FOR EVER, I WILL
PROVE TO YOU ALL UNBELIEVERS IN THE FUTURE MY REAL 2200+ RATING, YOU
JUST WAIT AND SEE. I DON'T CARE IF MY NAME IS ON YOUR WEB-SITE OR NOT,
YOU ARE ALL WRONG AND GOD KNOWS IT ALL !!!

THE CHESS-PLAYERS EVERYWHERE WILL FOR EVER BE GRATEFUL TO ME AND THEY
WILL ALL RESPECT ME ( MOST OF THEM ANYWAY ). I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR
SOME USCF. BECAUSE I'M THE FIRST WORLD'S AMBASSADOR OF CHESS.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND AT LEAST 50% OF IT ALL, YOU ARE NO GOD TO JUDGE
OTHERS, SIR...

THE TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN OUT...

YOU all HAVE A NICE LIFE sir...

AND ONCE AGAIN: THINK WHATEVER YOU WANT, BUT YOU ARE ALL WRONG, YOU AND
THE USCF PEOPLE. ONLY YOU !!!!!!! OK!?!

SPEAKING IF STAN VAUGHAN, I DON'T KNOW THE GUY, ALL I HEARD ABOUT HIM
IS THAT HE HAS HIS OWN CHESS COMPANY, AND YES I THINK HE IS A MASTER,
BUT A GRAND-MASTER, NO WAY, HIS USCF RATING IS OVER 2200, THAT'S OK !

WELL, THAT'S ALL MAN !!!

AND GOOD BYE!!!

**************

Some readers are apparently not familiar with the history behind this
and what Mr. Steriev Ljupco actually did.
He created a fake rating, got in the 1997 US Junior Closed Championship
and then played beginner's moves. He lost all of his games and finished
with 0-9 in a tournament where almost every other player was over 2400.

Because of him, major changes had to be made in the way the US Junior
Championship was conducted. A lot of promising juniors have had their
careers hurt by his malicious acts.

Sam Sloan

[Event "U.S. Junior Championship"]
[Site "Bloomington IL"]
[Date "1997.06.23"]
[Round "3"]
[White "Steriev,I"]
[Black "Ippolito,D"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. d3 Nc6 4. a3 d5 5. Qe2 Bg4 6. g3 Nd4 7. Qd1 Nxf3+
8. Ke2 Nd4+ 9. Ke1 Bxd1 10. Kxd1 dxe4 11. dxe4 Nb3+ 0-1

--
Kevin Bachler
Caveman

"Caveman chess is chess without finesse."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

A Frymer

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
<< 02-97 Supplement 2384
12-96 Supplement 1794
10-96 Supplement 1337 >>

Kevin: That was a PERMANENT rating (1337) which went up 250 pts. per month!
One would like to know who his opponents were.
They would share in the guilt if there were any.
That game vs. Dean I. is even badly played for a 1300 player. Maybe
he did throw the game. He might be much stronger. But if he's still in Illinois
and didn't "clean up" at the Chicago Open, he might be telling more tall tales.
Your research is impeccable.

Steve F.

cavema...@my-deja.com

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
In article <19990902205542...@ng-bd1.aol.com>,

afr...@aol.com (A Frymer) wrote:
> << 02-97 Supplement 2384
> 12-96 Supplement 1794
> 10-96 Supplement 1337 >>
>
> Kevin: That was a PERMANENT rating (1337) which went up 250 pts. per
month!
> One would like to know who his opponents were.
> They would share in the guilt if there were any.
> That game vs. Dean I. is even badly played for a 1300
player. Maybe
> he did throw the game. He might be much stronger. But if he's still
in Illinois
> and didn't "clean up" at the Chicago Open, he might be telling more
tall tales.
> Your research is impeccable.
>
> Steve F.

Thanks for the compliment, but, while I don't often (ever??) seem to
agree with Sam, I have to say again that this was all on Sam Sloan's
web site.

Peter Stein

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
In article <7qoll5$evl$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, <cavema...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>In article <19990902205542...@ng-bd1.aol.com>,
> afr...@aol.com (A Frymer) wrote:
>> << 02-97 Supplement 2384
>> 12-96 Supplement 1794
>> 10-96 Supplement 1337 >>
>>
>> Kevin: That was a PERMANENT rating (1337) which went up 250 pts. per
>month!
>> One would like to know who his opponents were.
>> They would share in the guilt if there were any.
>> That game vs. Dean I. is even badly played for a 1300
>player. Maybe
>> he did throw the game. He might be much stronger. But if he's still
>in Illinois
>> and didn't "clean up" at the Chicago Open, he might be telling more
>tall tales.
>> Your research is impeccable.
>>
>> Steve F.
>>

>Thanks for the compliment, but, while I don't often (ever??) seem to
>agree with Sam, I have to say again that this was all on Sam Sloan's
>web site.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes (even Sam raises worthwhile
issues sometimes).

On the subject of whether insanity is a defense to defamation the two
attorneys I queried both indicated "absolutely not". Of course the
availability of assets in case of successful litigation is another
matter entirely.

Peter Stein
n...@xnet.com

macam...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2019, 4:31:34 PM11/8/19
On Friday, September 3, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, A Frymer wrote:
> << 02-97 Supplement 2384
> 12-96 Supplement 1794
> 10-96 Supplement 1337 >>
>
> Kevin: That was a PERMANENT rating (1337) which went up 250 pts. per month!
> One would like to know who his opponents were.
> They would share in the guilt if there were any.
> That game vs. Dean I. is even badly played for a 1300 player. Maybe
> he did throw the game. He might be much stronger. But if he's still in Illinois
> and didn't "clean up" at the Chicago Open, he might be telling more tall tales.
> Your research is impeccable.
>
> Steve F.

to all the judges who judged wrong; if he was to fake the rating, he would go above 2400 and get senior fide master title but his was 2399, you just dont calculate exactly 2399 when you cheat; you can find tons of his master level games ljupco/lupco/ljupce steriev gaves on his long, long castle page: encyclopediasupreme.org/0000
he won the 1999/2000 yugoslavian championship, wca match play world champion 1998-2003: geocities.ws/cmby2k
ljupco is done with chess as of 2003, the heck with it as it is vanity, alekhine's quote approved!

macam...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2019, 4:34:18 PM11/8/19
On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 3:31:34 PM UTC-6, macam...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 3, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, A Frymer wrote:
> > << 02-97 Supplement 2384
> > 12-96 Supplement 1794
> > 10-96 Supplement 1337 >>
> >
> > Kevin: That was a PERMANENT rating (1337) which went up 250 pts. per month!
> > One would like to know who his opponents were.
> > They would share in the guilt if there were any.
> > That game vs. Dean I. is even badly played for a 1300 player. Maybe
> > he did throw the game. He might be much stronger. But if he's still in Illinois
> > and didn't "clean up" at the Chicago Open, he might be telling more tall tales.
> > Your research is impeccable.
> >
> > Steve F.

to all "the judges" who judged wrong; if he was to fake the rating, he would go above 2400 and get senior fide master title but his was 2399, you just dont calculate exactly 2399 when you cheat; you can find tons of his master level games ljupco/lupco/ljupce steriev gaves on his long, long castle page aka the lubek castle 2000: encyclopediasupreme.org/0000

Lupco won the 1999/2000 yugoslavian correspondence championship, wca match play world champion 1998-2003: geocities.ws/cmby2k encyclopediasupreme.org/0000/cmby2k.pdf