Objections to the Stipulation of Settlement

13 views
Skip to first unread message

samsloan

unread,
Jan 25, 2010, 9:34:35 AM1/25/10
to
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
LUBBOCK DIVISION
_________________________________________________
SUSAN POLGAR, §
Plaintiff, §
v. §
§ Civil
Action
§ No. 5:08-CV-169-C
§ ECF
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CHESS §
FEDERATION, INC. and BILL GOICHBERG, §
JIM BERRY, RANDY BAUER, and §
RANDALL HOUGH, all Individually and §
in their Representative Capacities as §
Members of the Executive Board of the §
United States of America Chess §
Federation; BILL HALL, Individually §
and in his Representative Capacity as §
Executive Director of the United §
States of America Chess Federation; §
BRIAN MOTTERSHEAD; HAL BOGNER; §
CONTINENTAL CHESS INCORPORATED; §
JEROME HANKEN; BRIAN LAFFERTY; §
SAM SLOAN; KARL S. KRONENBERGER; §
and KRONENBERGER BURGOYNE, L.L.P.; §
§
Defendants. §
_________________________________________________§

Sam Sloan,

Defendant-Counter-Claimant

v.

Susan Polgar
Plaintiff-Defendant
Hoainhan "Paul" Truong
Third-Party-Defendant
OBJECTIONS TO THE STIPULATION OF SETTLEMENT

I, the undersigned, Sam Sloan, hereby object to the proposed
stipulation of settlement filed in this court on January 22, 2010.
First, I will summarize my objections and then I will explain. My
objections are, in summary:

1. The Fake Sam Sloan is again posting, this time making obscene
remarks about the judge of this court and signing my name. Almost
without doubt, these new Fake Sam Sloan postings are by Paul Truong. A
settlement at this time lets Truong off the hook and allows him to
resume and to continue his nefarious activities, unpunished.

2. This settlement is brought about by the nefarious activities of
Rogue Mediator Daniel Bowling, who is charging the USCF membership
$300 per hour and uses threats, badgering and coercive tactics in
order to force a settlement highly favorable to Polgar and Truong and
unfavorable to the USCF and its members. I estimate that the
activities of Mr. Bowling have cost the USCF $100,000 in membership
dues money. Mr. Bowling essentially forced this settlement by running
the USCF's legal bills so high that the USCF could not afford to
continue. I am demanding that the USCF and its attorneys not pay Mr.
Bowling anything and I demand that Mr. Bowling refund everything that
has been paid to him thus far, which I estimate to be about $15,000.

3. The parties have not disclosed to this court what the real
settlement deal is. According to statements on the USCF's Home Page,
the actual agreement between the parties is vastly different from what
the stipulation of settlement says. I am demanding that the full
actual agreement be disclosed to the court and to the USCF membership
and the chess playing public. Secret deals should not be allowed.

4. Susan Polgar is already announcing on her blog and her website that
she won this case and has been vindicated. This is based on the fact
that the secret settlement deal involves a payment to her of $39,000.
It is highly objectionable that she be paid anything, especially in
view of the utterly frivolous nature of her lawsuit.

5. The USCF is agreeing to this settlement because it has essentially
been bankrupted by this case. The USCF is unable to pay its legal
bills up to this point and at least one of the attorneys has refused
to proceed further unless he is paid. This is the reason that the USCF
suddenly became willing to settle on these terms.

6. Polgar is agreeing to settle at this time because on just the
previous day this court ordered her to comply with discovery orders by
providing her tax returns by February 1, 2010 and this court ordered
Truong to answer questions about the Fake Sam Sloan postings. It is
likely that Truong and Polgar feel that by settling they will not have
to comply with the orders of this court. I disagree. I am still in
this case and I am demanding that they comply with these discovery
orders.

7. As I was on the Executive Board of the USCF during the period of
time covered by this case, I have a right to be represented by USCF
Counsel, just as the other board members have been.

8. Several USCF Insiders and directors are now stating that they will
not accept this settlement and they are prepared to go so far as to
expel from the USCF all members of the Executive Board who agreed to
this settlement, just as Polgar and Truong were expelled last year.
Thus, this settlement might not hold. The existing parties may lose
their authority to agree to this settlement.

9. Because Polgar and I remain parties to this case even after this
settlement, and since the heart of this case concerns the Fake Sam
Sloan postings by Polgar and Truong, nothing is gained in terms of
saving judicial time by the dismissal of the other parties. This case
remains the same. Thus the court gains no benefit from this
settlement.

Now, here are the details about the above points:

Point I

New Objectionable Postings are by The Fake Sam Sloan, including an
attack on this Judge

10. I am sorry to have to bring this matter to the attention of this
court, but on January 4, 2010 at 9:58 PM, the evening of the same day
that this court made two rulings unfavorable to Polgar and Truong, an
article appeared on the chess newsgroup rec.games.chess.politics
attacking the judge of this court. The article is at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.politics/msg/90a4d774ae70728c?
And stated the following:

Judge Cummings, you freaking a--hole


Judge Cummings, you freaking a--hole, how dare you get in the way of
progress?
Keep going and you'll soon earn the butt whipping you've been begging
for.
If you value the continued functioning of your cornhole, wise up. But
quickly.

Sam Sloan

> SAM R.CUMMINGS
> UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
> Date: 1/4/2010

11. As you can see, it is signed “Sam Sloan”. However, I did not write
it. Experienced “Fake Sam Sloan” watchers were able to realize
immediately that I had not posted this. There is almost universal
agreement that Paul Truong did this. Anybody would be crazy to say
such a thing about a sitting federal judge, but Paul Truong has been
doing this and getting away with it for the past five years since
2005, so it must have been him or some entity closely associated with
him who posted this.

12. Polgar and Truong have been insinuating that I am the “Fake Sam
Sloan”. They are suggesting that I am impersonating somebody
impersonating myself. In view of this, I hereby offer to allow the
FBI, the CIA, the KGB and any other law enforcement authority to come
at any time to my home unannounced, to examine my computer hard drive,
search the place, to read all my books, to take my deposition and do
anything else they feel like doing to establish whether I am or am not
the Fake Sam Sloan.

13. Paul Truong, however, when asked any questions about the Fake Sam
Sloan at a deposition, refused to answer. He has now been ordered by
this court to answer. You will see that he will never answer. All of
the evidence points to Truong doing this and no evidence points to me.
It is clear that Truong is the guilty party.

14. For that reason, this court should not endorse this settlement,
which is favorable to Truong and Polgar.

15. Evidence that the above posting does not come from me can be found
in the headers to the above posting. The full posting with the headers
is as follows:

Path: g2news1.google.com!news4.google.com!feeder2.cambriumusenet.nl!
feed.tweaknews.nl!194.109.133.84.MISMATCH!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!
newsfeed5.news.xs4all.nl!xs4all!news.wiretrip.org!
news.bananasplit.info!mail2news
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address
above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer
software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <ab...@frell.theremailer.net>.
Identifying the real sender is technically impossible.
Subject: Judge Cummings, you freaking a--hole,
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
X-Clue: KRON001082 (Bates stamp)
From: samsloan <samhsl...@gmail.com>
Message-ID:
<7848217e146f5a6c...@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>
Precedence: anon
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 03:58:56 +0100
X-Abuse-Contact: ab...@bananasplit.info
Organization: Bananasplit - Mail2News

Judge Cummings, you freaking a--hole, how dare you get in the way of
progress?
Keep going and you'll soon earn the butt whipping you've been begging
for.
If
you value the continued functioning of your cornhole, wise up. But
quickly.

Sam Sloan

> SAM R.CUMMINGS
> UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
> Date: 1/4/2010

16. The above headers show that this posting came from
bananasplit.info , an anonymous remailer often used as the Fake Sam
Sloan by Paul Truong and Gregory Alexander. I have never in my entire
life used bananasplit.info for anything. I do not even know what it
is. The Fake Sam Sloan usually uses dizum.com and bananasplit.info
plus one in Italy and one in Australia.

17. I am asking that the judge of this court order or direct the FBI
or any other competent law enforcement authority to investigate this
posting and find out who did this. I am confident that the result of
this investigation will be that Truong did it.

Point II

Coercive and Threatening Tactics by Rogue Mediator Daniel Bowling

18. Nobody other than the parties to this case knew anything about the
nefarious activities of Rogue Mediator Daniel Bowling until I revealed
this is a prior motion to this court. Many now assume that the
mediators are volunteers, providing a public service. This is not the
case. Daniel Bowling and Robin Siefkin are charging us $300 per hour
each for each hour they spend on this case. This is their standard
rate. What makes this especially objectionable is that we did not
invite them into this case. They invited themselves. In other words,
they crashed the party. It would have been difficult for our attorneys
to refuse their offers of “help”, because they would have reported to
the judge that we were not cooperating.

19. Thus, the parties including 13 attorneys were compelled to spend
two full days in a mediation session lasting 13 hours each day, for a
total of 26 hours. Since Daniel Bowling and Robin Siefkin were each
charging us $300 per hour, that meant that we had to pay them $15,600
for just this two day session, which did not have any chance of
accomplishing anything.

20. The first session which took place consisted of all parties and a
total of 13 attorneys sitting in a room together in the federal
courthouse in San Francisco, each telling each other what a bad person
the other person was. Needless to say, this is likely to lead to a lot
of yelling and screaming. It is a well known trick to put two warring
parties in a room together and let them yell at each other until they
finally become friends. However, we at the USCF are not children. We
should not have been required to have our highly paid attorneys submit
to this, especially considering that USCF membership dues had to pay
for this.

21. In the second mediation session, the 13 attorneys and the parties
were divided up into adjacent rooms while Daniel Bowling and Robin
Siefkin went back and forth between the two rooms trying to negotiate
a settlement. I got tired of waiting in a small room by myself, so I
sat out in the public lobby area where I could see the mediators going
back and forth. Although I could not hear what was being said, I could
see that the mediators spent most of their time in the Polgar-Truong
Room, trying to get them to agree to something-anything reasonable.
Again, this lasted 13 hours and nothing came of it.

22. I have estimated that these two mediation sessions combined cost
$100,000 in legal fees, especially since most of the lawyers had to
fly from Texas to San Francisco to participate. Nobody has disputed
this estimate and it is probably too low.

23. Subsequently, the mediators reported to Judge Patel that the
mediation had been unsuccessful. Judge Patel then ruled that the
mediation was terminated. However, since then, the mediators have
invited themselves back in. We cannot seem to get rid of them.

24. The question of their fees was first brought up by Jeff Jones, one
if the Texas attorneys representing the USCF, who wrote on May 14,
2009:

Dear Mr. Bowling:

As you are probably aware, I am counsel of record for the United
States Chess Federation, Bill Hall, Bill Goichberg, Randy Hough, Randy
Bauer, and Jim Berry in the lawsuit that is currently pending in the
Northern District of Texas, Lubbock Division. I appreciate your
assistance in trying to set up a global mediation of all the
litigation that these parties are currently involved in. I am
available on either June 4th or June 5th to discuss these issues. I
also have no objection to utilizing Ms. Leitner as a co-mediator in
the case, but would be interested in knowing what her normal hourly
rate would be after the first eight hours of her involvement.

Again, thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Yours very truly,

Jeff Jones
Jones, Flygare, Brown & Wharton
P.O. Box 2426
Lubbock, Texas


25. Daniel Bowling wrote on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM:

[The mediator] would be entitled, after donating the first 4 hours of
any mediation and reasonable preparation time, to charge $300/hour for
4 hours. After 8 hours, she would be entitled to charge her normal
hourly rate. In addition, the preparation time in this case could be
greater than "normal," which would entitle her, based on our Court
rules to begin her donated hours as part of her preparation.
(Generally, we allow mediators to charge after donating approximately
6 to 7 hours). Will having to share the costs of a co-mediator impact
on your clients' willingness to participate in a mediation?

26. In subsequent emails, Daniel Bowling make it clear that the
appearance by the Texas lawyers at the San Francisco mediation was
mandatory and required. When our Illinois counsel, David Herman, to
his credit, refused to participate in the mediation, Daniel Bowling
replied on Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM:

First, Mr. Herman raises an interesting question regarding not being
admitted to practice in this Court or in California. The important
concern, of course, is violating any ethical practice of law
requirements in your states or in California, and I am not in a
position to advise you on what is appropriate. There are also
interesting questions as to whether every party here has, or is
required to have, local California counsel to appear at a mediation
and whether appearing at mediation would constitute entering an
appearance in the case before this Court. Again, I cannot advise you
on what is appropriate and recommend that you research these
questions, if you are concerned.

27. The result of this lengthy exchange of emails was that our Texas
attorneys were required to go to San Francisco for the mediation,
which resulted them in being locked up in a small room for 26 hours,
for which they charged the USCF membership $400 per hour, but our
Illinois attorney refused to participate.

28. We quickly learned that Mr. Bowling knew nothing about the case.
He had not even bothered to read the complaint and answer and other
basic documents to know what the case was all about. Obviously, a
person who did not know what the case was all about would be in no
position to negotiate a settlement. Even recently, Daniel Bowling
still did not know what the case was about. On November 19, 2009 I
posted to rec.games.chess.politics, “Are the Polgar vs. USCF Cases
about to settle?” Immediately, Daniel Bowling called me and demanded
that I remove that question from the “website”. I replied that I had
not posted this to a website. I had posted it to a newsgroup and once
posted it cannot be removed because it is broadcast all around the
world. Mr. Bowling did not understand this and refused to believe it.
Again and again, Mr. Bowling kept insisting that I delete this
statement from the “website”. The fact that he did not understand that
it was impossible for me to do this demonstrated his lack of
understanding about this case, because the way that Paul Truong was
caught and identified conclusively as the “Fake Sam Sloan” was that
his postings had survived on news readers such as Free Agent, even
though Truong thought he had deleted them from the Google Groups.

29. The result of this was that Daniel Bowling wasted a tremendous
amount of our time and money. The USCF had to pay him $300 per hour to
tell him about this case. When for example, one of our attorneys spent
one hour talking to him and Robin Siefkin, it cost us USCF members one
thousand dollars, because we had to pay each of them $300 and we had
to pay our own attorney at least $400. This enormous cost to talk to
two people who had not even bothered to find out what the case was all
about is what has virtually bankrupted the USCF and forced the
organization and its members to settle.

Point III

USCF Has Been Forced into this Settlement by Being Bankrupted by this
Litigation and by the Mediators

30. At the Eastern Open Chess Championship held in Washington DC on
December 27-30, 2009, Michael Atkins, a member of the USCF Executive
Board, revealed to one of the delegates that the USCF owes $250,000 to
one of the attorneys in this case and, as the USCF has no money to
pay, the attorney was refusing to proceed further until he was paid.

31. I feel that the USCF attorneys have done a wonderful job in
defending the USCF from this entirely frivolous lawsuit. I fully
understand that they want to be paid for their work. I have a
solution. I propose that Daniel Bowling and Robin Siefkin be ordered
to pay the $250,000 to our attorneys, so that this case can be proceed
to trial. It was the abusive and coercive tactics of Daniel Bowling
and Robin Siefkin that ran up the legal bill and put us into this
position. Since they have now been made parties in interest in this
case (Thank you your honor) whereas before my motion they had been
operating in secrecy, this court has jurisdiction to impost sanctions
and a money judgment on them. Remember that if Daniel Bowling and
Robin Siefkin are not ordered to pay the lawyer's bill they incurred,
then we the USCF dues paying members will have to pay with our dues
money.

32. The fact is that the first time the USCF board started to
seriously considered settling in a way that involved paying any money
to Polgar came at exactly this time, December 30, 2009. At exactly
this time, on December 31, 2009, the parties (except Sam Sloan and
Gregory Alexander) filed in this court a “Notice to the Court of
Tentative, Possible, Partial Settlement.” Thus, it is clear that the
USCF decided to settle because it has run out of money to pay the
lawyers. It is submitted that giving Polgar a settlement just because,
through her frivolous and entirely untrue claims that we are
discriminating against her because she is a girl, she has bankrupted
the USCF, should not be allowed. Rather this court should dismiss her
claims altogether and award the USCF a money judgment against her and
her attorneys, requiring them to pay back all the money this
litigation has cost the USCF and its members.

33. Because of the coercive tactics of Mr. Bowling, who is trying to
force the USCF defendants to agree to a settlement, while lining his
own pocket, this litigation has ground to a halt. There is nothing
going on. Furthermore, the USCF has run out of money. We have spent
$600,000 in this litigation. We have no money left to pay attorneys.
More than that, it is imminent that we will have to stop the
publication of Chess Life magazine. No money. Meanwhile, Susan Polgar
is celebrating her imminent victory. She is succeeding by having
bankrupted the organization. At the National K-12 Scholastic Chess
Championship held December 11-13, 2009 in Dallas, Texas, Susan Polgar
had the audacity to set up a booth explaining her side of the story,
but always omitting the key fact that it was her, Susan Polgar, and
not the USCF, who filed the lawsuit that started all this. As she
tells it, it was the USCF who started this, following the long-
standing USCF pattern of invidious discrimination against foreign-born
women, which started all of these destructive lawsuits.

Point IV

Polgar is already celebrating her “Victory” stating that the
settlement before this court vindicates her


34. As all Polgar-watchers have predicted, Susan Polgar has already
announced on her websites and blogs that she won the case by this
settlement, which involves her being paid $39,000. It is important to
remember that the Susan Polgar blogspot is heavily censored. Nothing
can appear there without her express authorization. Take a look at

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2010/01/saturday-open-forum_23.html

The USCF has to pay Polgar / Truong nearly $40,000 in addition to
spending more than $750,000 of members' money for legal fees. All
members should demand Goichberg, Hough, Berry, and Bauer to pay back
their money.
Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:14:00 AM CST
Masked Pawn said...

Susan Polgar Wins!!!

Paul Truong is innocent!!!

Long Live Chess!!!
Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:24:00 AM CST
Anonymous said...

"Indications from the USCF's Forums that the settlement involved
cash payments to Susan Polgar. Amid all of the spin that has come from
that place, money talks loudest." -- Jack Lemoine

Anonymous said...

Money talks and the USCF/their insurance company paid Polgar/Truong.
This means that Polgar/Truong won and the USCF lost. All the spins
won't ever change this fact.


Point V

The actual terms of this settlement are being kept secret and must be
disclosed to the court and to the USCF Dues Paying Membership

35. The USCF Website and Press Release provides an entirely different
version of what this stipulation of settlement. It states:

http://main.uschess.org/content/view/10070/319/

USCF Home arrow Press arrow USCF Agrees to Settle Lawsuits with Susan
Polgar and Paul Truong
USCF Agrees to Settle Lawsuits with Susan Polgar and Paul Truong
By USCF Executive Board
January 23, 2010
The USCF announced it has agreed to a settlement with Susan Polgar and
Paul Truong stemming from lawsuits filed by both parties. Polgar’s
lawsuit, filed in August 2008, alleged libel, slander, defamation and
other claims. USCF’s California lawsuit, adding claims against Susan
Polgar in October 2008, alleged email hacking and wire fraud. The
USCF also filed an Illinois lawsuit against Susan Polgar and Paul
Truong to remove them as Executive Board members and end their
relationship with the USCF for not acting in the best interests of the
USCF.

Under the settlement agreement, all named parties except Gregory
Alexander and Sam Sloan have agreed to dismiss all claims and counter-
claims in the actions in Texas and California. The Illinois lawsuit
will end with a judgment confirming that Susan Polgar and Paul Truong
are no longer Executive Board members. The USCF’s civil case against
Alexander for email hacking and wire fraud continues, and Alexander is
also facing similar federal criminal charges in California.

As part of the settlement, Polgar and Truong have agreed to never
contest the USCF Executive Board’s action in revoking their USCF
memberships; acknowledge that they are no longer members of the USCF
or members of the USCF Executive Board; agree to never seek, run for,
or accept a leadership position in the USCF; and will never contest
the Delegate’s actions that ratified the decisions of the USCF
Executive Board at the August 2009 Annual Delegates Meeting.

Under the settlement, the USCF will allow Polgar and Truong to be
playing, non-members of the USCF and will be listed as “Playing Non-
Member Status.”

The USCF Insurer, Ansur America Insurance Company, a member of
Frankenmuth Financial Group, has agreed to provide $131,000 to the
USCF and $39,000 to Polgar’s attorneys.

The USCF is pleased that this matter is finally settled and that no
USCF funds will go to Polgar and Truong. Additionally, the USCF
receives $131,000 to agree to a settlement.

The USCF is a not-for-profit membership organization devoted to
extending the role of chess in American society. The USCF promotes
the study and knowledge of the game of chess, for its own sake as an
art and enjoyment, but also as a means for the improvement of society.
It informs, educates, and fosters the development of players
(professional and amateur) and potential players. It encourages the
development of a network of institutions devoted to enhancing the
growth of chess, from local clubs to state and regional associations,
and it promotes chess in American schools


36. Based on this press release, it is easy to see why the USCF would
agree to this settlement, especially since the USCF is broke. However,
much of this is taking place outside of the court. Very little of this
is included in the stipulation of settlement. Since the USCF is a
national membership organization and represents the United States of
America in such events as the World Chess Championship and the World
Chess Olympics, all of this should be included in any public
settlement that is approved by this court. Otherwise, Polgar will soon
announce her own version of this settlement, claiming victory.

Point VI

Polgar is agreeing to settle at this time because on just the previous
day this court ordered her to comply with discovery orders by
providing her tax returns by February 1, 2010 and this court ordered
Truong to answer questions about the Fake Sam Sloan postings.

37. Polgar agreed to settle the day after this court ordered her to
comply with discovery orders. Obviously, Polgar feels that by setting
she will not have to comply. I disagree. I am also certain that Polgar
will never comply. I am asking this court to make clear that she and
her attorneys and Paul Truong will still have to comply with the
discovery orders. Otherwise, this court should award a default
judgment in my favor including a substantial money judgment for the
thousands of obscene postings by Polgar and Truong in which they
signed “Sam Sloan”.

Point VII

Several Prominent USCF Members are calling for the Entire USCF Board
to be Removed in view of this settlement, and thus this settlement may
not hold

38. Within a few hours after the settlement deal was announced, two of
the defendants, Hal Bogner and myself, were suspending from posting to
the USCF Issues Forum. Thus, we defendants cannot discuss this
settlement deal there.

39. However, several prominent members are calling for the removal of
the entire board because of these deals. One of the persons making
such a call is Hal Terrie, the long time Chairman of the USCF Ethics
Committee. At least two former USCF Presidents have expressed extreme
unhappiness about this deal.

40. One of the topics being discussed on the USCF Issues Forum is
“board member(s) should resign”. Since this settlement deal was
announced, there have been more than two hundred postings about it,
and almost all of them are either opposed to or are questioning this
settlement. If the membership could vote on it now, almost all of them
would vote against approving the settlement. There is talk of calling
a special meeting of the delegates to take place during the US Amateur
Team Championship in Parsippany New Jersey in February, to not only
disapprove this settlement, but to remove the entire Executive Board
from office. Based upon the mood of the membership right now, such a
motion would likely pass. Thus, there is likelihood that this
settlement will not hold. In addition, I am running for election and,
if elected, I will do everything I can to overturn this settlement.

WHEREFORE, for all of the reasons set forth above, this court should
not approve this Stipulation of Settlement, at least not at the
present time or without further hearings.

Very Truly Yours

/S/____________________
Samuel H. Sloan
1664 Davidson Ave., Apt. 1B
Bronx NY 10453-7877

1-917-507-7226
1-917-659-3397
samh...@gmail.com
Copy to:

James L. Killion
2521 74th Street
P.O. Box 64670
Lubbock, Texas 79464

William P. Huttenbach
HIRSCH & WESTHEIMER, P.C.
Bank of America Center
700 Louisiana, 25th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002-2772

Bill LaFont and Brent Hamilton
LaFont, Tunnell, Formby, LaFont & Hamilton, L.L.P.
P.O. Box 1510
Plainview, Texas 79073-1510

The Historian

unread,
Jan 25, 2010, 10:14:41 AM1/25/10
to

How much of this is true, folks, and how much is spin from Sloan?

And will Polgar's tax returns and Truong's sworn testimony be turned
over?

RayGordon

unread,
Jan 25, 2010, 10:16:20 AM1/25/10
to
GO SAM!!!!

Polgar and Truong are INNOCENT?

Um, CRIME has a SIX year statute of limitations, and I just elected to
stop making everyone's attorneys rich, and file a criminal complaint
here, and possibly in Lubbock. The police there said they'd open a
case.

Hope you don't sell this one out too early, or too quickly.

Chris Falter

unread,
Jan 25, 2010, 12:43:45 PM1/25/10
to
On Jan 25, 9:34 am, samsloan <samhsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.politics/msg/90a4d774a...
> <7848217e146f5a6c3decd3a358f12...@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>
> nefarious activities of Rogue Mediator Daniel Bowling until I ...
>
> read more »

The defendants (other than Sam) expressed their opinion as to what was
in their best interest by agreeing to the settlement. I seriously
doubt the judge will substitute his opinion about their best interest
for theirs.

I also have serious doubts that the judge will care that Polgar
declared victory. And there are probably very few who care about
chess who view it as a Polgar victory. Why bother?

It is my understanding that the awarding of attorneys' fees is, in
some circumstances, under the control of the bench. Perhaps, Sam, you
could explore the possibility of asking the judge to annul the portion
of the settlement that awards $39,000 to Polgar's attorneys. Not
being an attorney, I have no idea about whether this idea has a chance
of success.

Your best point, Sam, is that Polgar and Truong must answer the
interrogatories. You obviously feel that making Polgar and Truong
answer those questions is a battle worth fighting for, and as long as
the USCF is not in peril of shedding more money due to lawyers' fees,
I am sure many others would agree as well.

MrVidmar

unread,
Jan 25, 2010, 3:45:31 PM1/25/10
to
samsloan wrote:
> UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
> NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
> LUBBOCK DIVISION
> _________________________________________________
> SUSAN POLGAR, �
> Plaintiff, �
> v. �
> � Civil
> Action
> � No. 5:08-CV-169-C
> � ECF
> UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CHESS �
> FEDERATION, INC. and BILL GOICHBERG, �
> JIM BERRY, RANDY BAUER, and �
> RANDALL HOUGH, all Individually and �
> in their Representative Capacities as �
> Members of the Executive Board of the �
> United States of America Chess �
> Federation; BILL HALL, Individually �
> and in his Representative Capacity as �
> Executive Director of the United �
> States of America Chess Federation; �
> BRIAN MOTTERSHEAD; HAL BOGNER; �
> CONTINENTAL CHESS INCORPORATED; �
> JEROME HANKEN; BRIAN LAFFERTY; �
> SAM SLOAN; KARL S. KRONENBERGER; �
> and KRONENBERGER BURGOYNE, L.L.P.; �
> �
> Defendants. �
> _________________________________________________�
> 11. As you can see, it is signed �Sam Sloan�. However, I did not write
> it. Experienced �Fake Sam Sloan� watchers were able to realize

> immediately that I had not posted this. There is almost universal
> agreement that Paul Truong did this. Anybody would be crazy to say
> such a thing about a sitting federal judge, but Paul Truong has been
> doing this and getting away with it for the past five years since
> 2005, so it must have been him or some entity closely associated with
> him who posted this.
>
> 12. Polgar and Truong have been insinuating that I am the �Fake Sam
> Sloan�. They are suggesting that I am impersonating somebody
> to refuse their offers of �help�, because they would have reported to
> posted to rec.games.chess.politics, �Are the Polgar vs. USCF Cases
> about to settle?� Immediately, Daniel Bowling called me and demanded
> that I remove that question from the �website�. I replied that I had

> not posted this to a website. I had posted it to a newsgroup and once
> posted it cannot be removed because it is broadcast all around the
> world. Mr. Bowling did not understand this and refused to believe it.
> Again and again, Mr. Bowling kept insisting that I delete this
> statement from the �website�. The fact that he did not understand that

> it was impossible for me to do this demonstrated his lack of
> understanding about this case, because the way that Paul Truong was
> caught and identified conclusively as the �Fake Sam Sloan� was that
> Gregory Alexander) filed in this court a �Notice to the Court of
> Tentative, Possible, Partial Settlement.� Thus, it is clear that the
> Polgar is already celebrating her �Victory� stating that the
> Paul Truong stemming from lawsuits filed by both parties. Polgar�s

> lawsuit, filed in August 2008, alleged libel, slander, defamation and
> other claims. USCF�s California lawsuit, adding claims against Susan

> Polgar in October 2008, alleged email hacking and wire fraud. The
> USCF also filed an Illinois lawsuit against Susan Polgar and Paul
> Truong to remove them as Executive Board members and end their
> relationship with the USCF for not acting in the best interests of the
> USCF.
>
> Under the settlement agreement, all named parties except Gregory
> Alexander and Sam Sloan have agreed to dismiss all claims and counter-
> claims in the actions in Texas and California. The Illinois lawsuit
> will end with a judgment confirming that Susan Polgar and Paul Truong
> are no longer Executive Board members. The USCF�s civil case against

> Alexander for email hacking and wire fraud continues, and Alexander is
> also facing similar federal criminal charges in California.
>
> As part of the settlement, Polgar and Truong have agreed to never
> contest the USCF Executive Board�s action in revoking their USCF

> memberships; acknowledge that they are no longer members of the USCF
> or members of the USCF Executive Board; agree to never seek, run for,
> or accept a leadership position in the USCF; and will never contest
> the Delegate�s actions that ratified the decisions of the USCF

> Executive Board at the August 2009 Annual Delegates Meeting.
>
> Under the settlement, the USCF will allow Polgar and Truong to be
> playing, non-members of the USCF and will be listed as �Playing Non-
> Member Status.�

>
> The USCF Insurer, Ansur America Insurance Company, a member of
> Frankenmuth Financial Group, has agreed to provide $131,000 to the
> USCF and $39,000 to Polgar�s attorneys.
> signed �Sam Sloan�.

>
> Point VII
>
> Several Prominent USCF Members are calling for the Entire USCF Board
> to be Removed in view of this settlement, and thus this settlement may
> not hold
>
> 38. Within a few hours after the settlement deal was announced, two of
> the defendants, Hal Bogner and myself, were suspending from posting to
> the USCF Issues Forum. Thus, we defendants cannot discuss this
> settlement deal there.
>
> 39. However, several prominent members are calling for the removal of
> the entire board because of these deals. One of the persons making
> such a call is Hal Terrie, the long time Chairman of the USCF Ethics
> Committee. At least two former USCF Presidents have expressed extreme
> unhappiness about this deal.
>
> 40. One of the topics being discussed on the USCF Issues Forum is
> �board member(s) should resign�. Since this settlement deal was

Judge Cummings signed off on the settlement this afternoon. So much for
your objections, Sam.

samsloan

unread,
Jan 31, 2010, 7:35:22 PM1/31/10
to
This is too a Fake Sam Sloan posting, and I do not know how I missed
it. How anyone could think I would be responsible for such arrant
nonsense, I do not know.

The message was probably forged by Bad Bill Brock. He keeps attacking
me because I "intentionally exposed" one of my children to graphic,
sexually-explicit materials in the opinion of a Court which had no
experience about sexually-explicit materials. No one knows why Brock
makes these wild accusations. If he believes I raped all my daughters
he should openly write that instead of merely insinuating it. It
would be a lie, as I have not raped all my daughters.

Rogue Mediator Dan Bowling is a flaming faggot but I would not openly
describe him as such because Sammy Cummings is probably sympathetic
to flaming faggots as well as niggers, so he can get discounts. I
would lock up Bowling, Cummings and Hillery in a room with a jar of
ointment and let them play out their game a-trois. I have almost
completed my webpage calling for the arrest of Judge Cummings on
charges of judicial incompetence, racketeering and fraud.

Neither would I describe the KGB as a "law enforcement authority" in
a pubic filing, any more than I would describe Mossad as one. I am
about to file a claim as an unnamed beneficiary of Jerry Hanken's
will, and I wish to maintain a lower profile than usual until then,
specially now I intend to secretly marry Ms. Davis, thus doubling my
chance of soon becoming Governor of the State of New York.
http://www.manhattanmadam.com
http://www.youngnymphs.com

Here are the headers, which show that it was posted through banasplit.
nfo, which is often used by the Fake Sam Sloan including when he
leaked the Kronenberger emails borked from Randall Hough's computer.

Path: g2news2.google.com!news4.google.com!feeder.news-service.com!
proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!news.wiretrip.org!mail2news.banasplit.
info
Subject: Objections to the Stipulation of Settlement
From: samsloan <samhsl...@gmail.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
NNTP-Posting-Host: 173.2.10.44
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,
rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:
1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729),gzip
(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Message-ID: <ace0654a-4ac2-4c82-a783-3ade4fbadc0f@l30g2000yqb.
frelltheremailer.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:34:35 +0100
Mail-To-News-Contact: ab...@banasplit.info

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages