Miniatures are the best

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2020, 4:18:11 AM1/3/20
Bs"d

Miniatures are the best.

As long as you win them of course.

Here another one of 13 moves, nice trap in the Caro Kann:

https://lichess.org/ja03lx2bYNA4

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2020, 3:48:54 PM1/4/20
Bs"d

This is a classic. Mate in 8 after queen sacrifice in the Petrov followed by the Stafford gambit.

Why is not everybody studying opening traps one wonders?

The beauty is, after the opponent plays 6.Bg5, he is lost. He just doesn't know it yet.

It is such a natural and sensible move, it's just that it is a death sentence.

HalleluJah!!

https://lichess.org/jfiGIg3sWwss

http://tiny.cc/Albert-chess

Offramp

Jan 5, 2020, 5:48:47 AM1/5/20
That was a GG! Quite a whirlwind. I play the Caro-Kann and I can easily imagine me losing this kind of game.

Offramp

Jan 5, 2020, 5:51:53 AM1/5/20
On Saturday, 4 January 2020 20:48:54 UTC, nastyho...@gmail.com wrote:

> HalleluJah!!
>
> https://lichess.org/jfiGIg3sWwss

That is a version of LĂ©gall's Mate. I have rarely seen it done by Black.
You are right that Bg5 is a natural move but it is bad.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2020, 6:55:20 AM1/5/20
Bs"d

It is not only bad, it is totally losing. I just checked Stockfish, and after 6.Bg5-Nxe4, there is no defense. When white takes the horse, white loses his queen. When the bishop returns to e3, the whole white kingside get's wiped out, including the rook.

White is left with a big material disadvantage, and black has several connected passed pawns on the king side.

White is lost. Also when he does not take the queen.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2020, 6:57:55 AM1/5/20
Bs"d

That's why everybody has to study opening traps. Even if you don't like to play them, you got to know them just to make sure you don't fall victim to 'm.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2020, 12:32:18 PM1/5/20
Bs"d

They keep on dropping like flies.

Another victim of the Stafford gambit, mate in 11:

https://lichess.org/GcEFSQR1ImCe

Offramp

Jan 5, 2020, 1:12:53 PM1/5/20
Flaming Nora, as we say in London. If I had been White I would have figuratively swept the pieces from the board and sworn to give up chess forever.
This one reminded me of an old Marshall attack, with Black's queen and knight causing mayhem over at white's castled position.
If white's best move is really 5.h3 then this opening MUST be good for Black.

Who was Stafford, I wonder.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2020, 5:25:46 PM1/5/20
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 8:12:53 PM UTC+2, Offramp wrote:
> On Sunday, 5 January 2020 17:32:18 UTC, nastyho...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Bs"d
> >
> > They keep on dropping like flies.
> >
> > Another victim of the Stafford gambit, mate in 11:
> >
> > https://lichess.org/GcEFSQR1ImCe
>
> Flaming Nora, as we say in London. If I had been White I would have figuratively swept the pieces from the board and sworn to give up chess forever.
> This one reminded me of an old Marshall attack, with Black's queen and knight causing mayhem over at white's castled position.

Bs"d

This one is better, I have a triple attack on f2, with queen, horse, and bishop. The double attack of horse and bishop on f2 drives the king into castling, and then a surprise comes, the queen joins in in the fun, and white is in big trouble.

The best white can do is give up the exchange when the horse comes on f2, but you don't see that often. Usually what happens is what you see in this game, the queen goes to f3, and when the horse goes away, white has a battery on f7 with queen, rook, and also a bishop in the mix.
The only problem for white is, he doesn't get time to actually use it. He'll be mate before that or he loses the queen. And even then his position is very bleak.

> If white's best move is really 5.h3 then this opening MUST be good for Black.

On our level it's a killer. There are many more traps in it. It is hard to sail around all the hidden cliffs.

> Who was Stafford, I wonder.

I guess some chess master. Can't find him in google.

But when I play the Petrov, of often transfers into the four knights, so I bought some books about that one. It is not so riddled with traps as the Stafford, but good preparation sure pays off.

Even if, like me, you can't play chess so well, if you just know your openings, you can often wreak havoc.

And that is so much fun.... :D

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2020, 5:11:12 PM1/12/20
Bs"d

Once you learned certain trapping motif, you can apply it totally different ways that you learned it.

Here is a trapping motif I so far only played with black in the Stafford gambit, and now I saw the same motif popping up while I played white.

It resulted in a game which was concluded on move 8.

https://lichess.org/6uT3icAJ6bmF

Miniatures are the best!

As long as you win them of course.

http://tiny.cc/elaborate-waste

Offramp

Jan 13, 2020, 4:36:25 AM1/13/20
On Sunday, 12 January 2020 22:11:12 UTC, nastyho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Bs"d
>
> Once you learned certain trapping motif, you can apply it totally different ways that you learned it.
>
> Here is a trapping motif I so far only played with black in the Stafford gambit, and now I saw the same motif popping up while I played white.
>
> It resulted in a game which was concluded on move 8.
>
> https://lichess.org/6uT3icAJ6bmF
>
> Miniatures are the best!

That was a quick game. Nxc6 or c3, bxc6 or c3 lets the c-bishop straight into the game free of charge: no need to play P-Q3 (or P-Q4). It gives White a good lead in development.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2020, 7:07:55 AM1/13/20
Bs"d

The opening I played is the Boden-Kieseritzky gambit. It has some traps in it, it is a sort of Stafford gambit for white. I made already quite a few victims with it, but this motif I never had before in this opening, because the opponent here played very unusual. First blundering away the pawn on d5, and then attacking the bishop on d5. If he would have played a normal developing move with his horse or with his kingside bishop, the trick would not have been possible, because then his queen would have been protected when his king would have taken my bishop on f7.

Anyway, I LOVE those miniatures!

http://tiny.cc/chess-happy
This is not the first time that a motif from a trap suddenly pops up in a totally different opening or position. It shows again the importance of studying opening traps.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2020, 4:00:07 PM1/13/20
Bs"d

The Fishing Pole trap, who hasn't heard of it?

Well, my opponent I just played. Resigned on move 14. Checkmate in one was unavoidable.

But at least he could comfort himself with the fact that he was a horse ahead.

I gave him a horse, he lost his king.

Isn't chess great?!

https://lichess.org/AccKEePEYyrI

http://tiny.cc/sense-beauty

Offramp

Jan 14, 2020, 4:20:53 AM1/14/20
On Monday, 13 January 2020 21:00:07 UTC, nastyho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Bs"d
>
> The Fishing Pole trap, who hasn't heard of it?
>
> Well, my opponent I just played. Resigned on move 14. Checkmate in one was unavoidable.

I am flabberghasted that he would take the bishop... He must have never see that stratagem before.

I have played it often as Black in the Caro Kann. Black plays c6 and d5, and often white plays Ng1-f3, allowing Bg4 - but before that I play Nf6, and after Nd4xNf6+ I recapture ...g7xf6. At some point I'll play ...Qc7, Nd7 and 0-0-0.
After ...Bg4 White often tries h3, and after ...h5 Black has a huge amount of attacking chances: along the KR and KN file and various other things.

Taking the bishop is a disaster, but people still play it.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2020, 6:54:39 AM1/14/20
Bs"d

It's amazing how many people fall for traps. I would say that the most well known trap is the Blackburn-Shilling, but still, when I set it about 5 times, one will fall for it and be gutted, usually within 10 moves.

It is also amazing how many people refuse to study any theory. Of the Russians I play with in the park, almost nobody knows any theory. I tell them again and again that with just a very little bit of theory they will start playing MUCH better, but somehow they don't want to do it. So I keep on releasing my traps on them. They even fall for Legal's mate. One time I had a game there, it went: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4 Nc6 4. Nc3 Bg4 and then the opponent said jokingly: "You can take my pawn on e5!" Doing that might lead to the loss of a horse, so I just grumbled something and played h3. He did Bh5. At this point I asked him: "What did you say? Can I take you pawn on e5? OK, why not?" and I played Nxe5. His bishop dove upon my queen with the speed of a vulture diving upon a rotting carcass. I made a lot of upset noises about him taking my queen, the Russian kibitzers were laughing, and after everybody calmed down I proceeded to mate him in 2 moves. I love those shocked faces!

That's what you get if you don't want to learn theory.

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bc4 Nc6 4. Nc3 Bg4
5. h3 Bh5 6. Nxe5 Bxd1 7. Bxf7+ Ke7 8. Nd5#

http://tiny.cc/Karpov-queen-sac

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2020, 5:04:05 PM1/14/20
Bs"d

The Stafford gambit hit again; mate in 8 moves after a queen sacrifice.

The crucial position came up through a slightly different move order, but it was the same position necessary for the trap anyway.

Miniatures are the best!

https://lichess.org/4rMV3U4S7gQv

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2020, 5:09:16 PM1/14/20
Bs"d

So the guy wants a rematch. Who am I to deny him that, right? So we played again, and now I had white. Then he starts doing weird stuff, like the Damiano defense. So I sacrifice a horse on move 4, but he didn't manage to improve his record, he still didn't get past the 8 moves.

Maybe next time.

https://lichess.org/03W4WiDjc7WP

Offramp

Jan 15, 2020, 3:15:20 AM1/15/20
How can that player possibly be rated "nader_2050 (1715)".
1715? He played like a beginner.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2020, 7:13:52 AM1/15/20
Bs"d

That's how I like them. Not low rated, but playing like a patzer.

Chess should be easy and enjoyable.

https://tinyurl.com/leag-of-legends

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2020, 8:32:23 AM1/15/20
On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 10:15:20 AM UTC+2, Offramp wrote:
Bs"d

He played the Damiano defense, which is playable, but only if you know what you're doing.
It is a favorite of Sam Sloan. It's just that you can NEVER take the horse when it smacks in on e5. If you do, and the queen comes to h5+, then, if you play g6, you lose your castle in the corner, if you move the king you go mate in about 11 moves.

Taking the horse is just not an option. But like I said; a lot of people refuse to study theory.

http://tiny.cc/violent-sport

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2020, 5:34:16 AM1/17/20
Bs"d

Dear old Englund struck again. Yet another mate in 8 moves.

Isn't life great?

https://lichess.org/CqZiRgSOSIDo

http://tiny.cc/chess-is-war

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2020, 7:04:04 AM1/17/20
Bs"d

And less than an hour later another one decided to follow in the footsteps of the guy above who bit the dust in 8 moves.
So did Dinobryon, rated a solid 1777. Another mate in 8.

The game is almost totally identical to the previous one. :)

Miniatures rock!

http://tiny.cc/ruthless-kill

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2020, 9:49:10 AM1/17/20

The Horny Goat

Jan 17, 2020, 10:25:38 PM1/17/20
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 04:04:03 -0800 (PST), nastyho...@gmail.com
wrote:
You make it sound like you think high 1700s makes you a GM :)

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2020, 5:16:09 PM1/18/20
On Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 5:25:38 AM UTC+2, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 04:04:03 -0800 (PST),
> wrote:
>
> >Bs"d
> >
> >And less than an hour later another one decided to follow in the footsteps of the guy above who bit the dust in 8 moves.
> >So did Dinobryon, rated a solid 1777. Another mate in 8.
> >
> >The game is almost totally identical to the previous one. :)
> >
> >Miniatures rock!
> >
> > http://tiny.cc/ruthless-kill
>
> You make it sound like you think high 1700s makes you a GM :)

Bs"d

Well, at least almost....

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2020, 5:19:31 PM1/18/20
Bs"d

And yet another one! They're dropping like flies!

https://lichess.org/SzC15iMI92Dc

http://tinyurl.com/chess-3-stages

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2020, 1:33:05 AM1/19/20
Bs"d

OK guys, please tell me how often it happens to you that you have a game which is mated or resigned within 10 moves?

Please provide the links.

If you don't have any, then it is time to seriously start studying opening traps.

http://tinyurl.com/is-pawn-gloom

Offramp

Jan 19, 2020, 11:46:34 AM1/19/20
You are becoming oddly aggressive.

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2020, 12:36:11 PM1/19/20
On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 6:46:34 PM UTC+2, Offramp wrote:
> You are becoming oddly aggressive.

Bs"d

Nobody is perfect.

OK, forget it. Don't study. Whatever suits your fancy.

Sorry for bringing the subject up.

http://tiny.cc/keepcalm

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2020, 4:48:32 PM1/19/20
Bs"d

A Fried Liver against a 1758 in 10 moves.

https://lichess.org/5PRygwrzzhQ4

Thank God that there are so many people who refuse to study openings.

HalleluJah!!

http://tiny.cc/winning-isnt-everything

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2020, 5:05:01 PM1/19/20
Bs"d

Don't try this at home! I'm a trained professional.

http://tiny.cc/get-smarter-opp

(just kidding)

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2020, 12:54:43 PM1/21/20
Bs"d

And yet another mate in 8 in the Stafford gambit: https://lichess.org/JFiXNEHt2Ocs

The road to chess hell is paved with natural moves.

http://tiny.cc/problem-solve

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2020, 1:03:03 PM1/21/20
Bs"d

Followed by an 11 move miniature in the Stafford gambit.

https://lichess.org/XRsJ6CyD6nlr

Let's face it; chess is a GREAT game!

http://tiny.cc/chess-happy

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2020, 12:47:17 AM1/22/20
Bs"d

And an Englund gambit with mate in 8 moves: https://lichess.org/JEvOckl6on0y

https://tinyurl.com/leag-of-legends

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2020, 4:27:02 PM1/22/20
Bs"d

Boden-Kiezeritsky gambit, followed by a sort of Damiano defense by the opponent.

Unfortunately, he didn't now what he was doing, he took the horse which I sacrificed, and that's a no-no.

He didn't get past 9 moves.

https://lichess.org/2vWP68ipx4UV

http://tiny.cc/trappy

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2020, 3:08:06 PM1/23/20
Bs"d

A decisive 10 move game is a miniature, right?

https://lichess.org/slNDzWAeK5pb

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2020, 6:49:47 AM1/26/20
Bs"d

A Boden-Kiezeritsky gambit, a kind of Stafford gambit for white.

https://lichess.org/OTLkYUDGMSK2

As usual you get the threefold attack against f7 or f2. Unfortunately, the opponent responded the right way, and sacrificed the exchange. I sacrificed a bishop, but I don't think that was correct, but thanks to help of the opponent, I could mate him quickly.

http://tiny.cc/sky-dive

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2020, 5:09:20 PM1/26/20
A 1775 bit the dust in 10 moves with a Fried Liver.

Fried Livers rock!

https://lichess.org/pX9PJ6QzWpDA

http://tiny.cc/life-death

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2020, 5:09:30 PM1/27/20
Bs"d

And this is how the Boden-Kieseritzky gambit is supposed to go:

https://lichess.org/b6RdcDTM2zED

The opponent resigned on move 11, because mate on move 12 was unavoidable.

The natural move 5... d6 is horribly wrong and invites terrible retribution.

The way to chess hell is paved with natural moves.

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2020, 12:34:47 PM1/29/20
Bs"d

The Fried Liver is a powerful and devastating weapon. However, there are some antidotes for it.
Here we have an opponent who tried to play a Fried Liver against me. So I let him fork my queen and rook, moved away my queen, he took my rook, and I mated him on move 10. https://lichess.org/1TjxvsB3Ory8

The mating pattern is identical to the Blackburn-Shilling trap, and even as devastating. Only difference is the preliminaries. Here with the Fried Liver attempt there are more moves before the trap is sprung, so I only mated him on move 10 in stead of on move 7 which happens often in the Blackburn-Shilling.

But still a mate in 10 is also nice, especially when the opponent thought he had a nasty horse fork on me.

I really hated to have to suddenly disappoint the opponent who thought he was a rook ahead, but chess is war. And in love and war everything goes.

http://tiny.cc/ruthless-kill

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2020, 1:30:25 AM2/2/20
Bs"d

I let a fried liver loose on MrPhysics.

https://lichess.org/GSFxeo1m8X0I

MrPhysics decided to resign on move 9. I don't think that was really necessary, but hey, I'm not gonna yell at my opponent if he wants to resign.

http://tiny.cc/enemy-mistake

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 8:50:28 AM2/10/20
Bs"d

An other mighty weapon against the Fried Liver is the Traxler counter attack.

I'm ashamed to say that many a time I bit the dust against this defense.

But I think I'm now getting the hang of it. This one who tried the Traxler against me bit the dust in 11 moves.

https://lichess.org/3vMZ3T9oUp90

http://tiny.cc/meaning-of-life

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2020, 4:09:07 PM2/11/20
Bs"d

Another game of 11 moves in the Stafford gambit. https://lichess.org/IpN5WNDu1Iat

I again sacrificed my bishop, but I think this time the sacrifice was correct.

When the opponent told me:

ChickensCanFly Well I'd like to thank you for the game
ChickensCanFly Even though it lasted 11 moves

I could honestly answer him:

nastyhorsefork The pleasure was all mine.

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2020, 4:28:39 PM2/18/20
Bs"d

It's amazing how many people are not familiar with the Fishing Pole trap.

https://lichess.org/BrX00Jk4EhiW

You'd think that a 1753 should know better.

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2020, 1:39:19 AM2/19/20
Bs"d

And especially a 1798 should know better then let himself be checkmated in one simple move: https://lichess.org/wyO96m34KH0X

Once you get the threefold attack on f2 or f7 you're in good shape. You are at least going to win an exchange. It is something to look out for.

http://tiny.cc/small-chance

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2020, 8:19:24 AM2/19/20
Bs"d

An 1847 meets the Stafford gambit: https://lichess.org/wCjvJb0r4Yk7

On move 9 he lost his queen, on move 10 he resigned.

Like I said: There are many hidden cliffs in the Stafford gambit, and it is hard to avoid them all.

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2020, 3:30:40 PM2/20/20
Bs"d

This mate motive; https://lichess.org/AvGM8GwDsHcd which ended the game on move 13, I learned from CT-Art 3.0

The opponent never saw it coming.... :)

http://tiny.cc/mate-is-the-end

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2020, 3:37:06 PM2/20/20
Bs"d

And for a change here a Stafford gambit with a mate in 11 moves: https://lichess.org/9ajlMwtXq2W8

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2020, 2:22:56 AM2/21/20
Bs"d

In the above game, https://lichess.org/wCjvJb0r4Yk7 after the preliminaries of the Stafford gambit, on move 5 the opponent decided to attack my horse by pushing his e-pawn forward. So I put my horse forward on e4, and he had a horse right in his face. Nobody likes that, so almost always they will try to remove that horse from the middle of the board.
Regularly they try to do that by playing d3, attacking the horse on e4. And the howler is, that little natural innocent looking move d3, pushes white over the edge and he is lost. No matter how he responds, he's done for. If he takes the horse, like in the game, he loses his queen. If he protects against the double attack on f2 by putting his bishop on e3, he loses his castle on h1 and his king has to move, can't castle anymore, and I end up with two connected passed pawns.

There is no defense anymore after the natural and innocent looking move d3.

The road to chess hell is paved with natural moves.

http://tiny.cc/trap-filled

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2020, 3:31:28 PM2/22/20
Bs"d

A 1774 resigns after 13 moves when confronted with a Fried Liver: https://lichess.org/lYhmEdewIeoE

But the battle was far from over. OK, it didn't look good for him, but that is no reason to resign.

http://tiny.cc/resign-grace

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2020, 3:46:25 AM2/25/20
Bs"d

And here https://lichess.org/joKWd6IkvFMj we have another mate in 8, thanks to the good old Englund gambit.

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2020, 6:28:27 AM2/25/20
Bs"d

This game https://lichess.org/DoWYBPpUKelo , a Stafford gambit, was a bit more cumbersome, but I did get the threefold attack on f2. Unfortunately the opponent, an 1845, realized that his best bet was to sacrifice the exchange, so I didn't get a spectacular mate, but I was the exchange ahead, picked up a few pawns, and the opponent resigned.

http://tiny.cc/only-play-better

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2020, 6:39:02 PM2/25/20
Bs"d

I wonder who invented the Stafford gambit. I should send him flowers or something.

Just had a 1848, who bit the dust in 15 moves: https://lichess.org/tXkd8MDx7nRk

On move 7 he took a horse from me. On move 9 I took his queen. On move 12 I relieved him of a castle, and I kept on removing his material, until on move 15 he resigned.

Where would I be without opening traps?

I think 100 or 200 points lower.

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2020, 4:54:43 AM2/26/20
Bs"d

An 1845 bit the dust in 10 moves against a Boden-Kieseritzky gambit: https://lichess.org/LdtMqyGxBMgQ

I told him: "nastyhorsefork" and then forked him.

Chess is a wonderful sport!

nastyhorsefork

Paul

Feb 26, 2020, 5:07:31 AM2/26/20
On Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 9:54:43 AM UTC, nastyho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Bs"d

Why do you begin each post with "Bs'd"?

Paul

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2020, 5:38:04 AM2/26/20
Bs"d

Because I need all the help I can get.

http://tiny.cc/Bs-d

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2020, 1:19:09 PM2/26/20
Bs"d

And here we have an Englund gambit in which the opponent resigned on move 7:

https://lichess.org/3ArX1fKQue2m

http://tinyurl.com/chess-3-stages

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2020, 2:36:33 PM2/27/20
Bs"d

Here an interesting Englund gambit: https://lichess.org/epi1IHP1HK5d

The opponent played on until move 21, but by move 6 I was 5 points ahead, he had to part with a castle, by move 9 I was 9 points ahead, by move 13 I was 11 points ahead, and by move 21, when the opponent left the game without resigning, I was 13 points ahead.

That's the kind of chess I like. I extend hereby a warm thank you to mr Fritz Carl Anton Englund.

http://tinyurl.com/is-pawn-gloom

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2020, 4:57:48 PM2/27/20
Bs"d

Here an other interesting trick in the Stafford gambit: https://lichess.org/u2dbKod2Ikt5

Here, after I plant my horse on e4, the opponent doesn't try to chase it away, but instead start to protect his pawn on e5 by playing d4. I move my queen to h4, and have a double attack on f2. Now he plays the most natural move, g3, and he thinks f2 is protected, and my queen has to move away.
Think again.

That move is not good, because I simply smack with my horse in on g3. hxg3 is obviously not possible, and when he plays fxg3, then I do Qe4+, and his castle on h1 is a gone. So he has to move his castle, my horse takes his bishop, castle takes horse, I take an extra pawn on h2, and then he makes another mistake, he overlooks the horrors of my bishop going to h3, which makes him loose his castle anyway.
Then, probably weary of the disasters, he blunders a bit more, loses more material, and resigns on move 16.

http://tiny.cc/two-plus-two

nastyho...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2020, 5:15:07 PM2/27/20
Bs"d

Here is a nice short game I played in the park against one of the Russians: https://lichess.org/Uft5eAnw/black#19

I give the opponent 2 pawns and a skewer on my queen and rook.

And then all hell breaks lose.

The game ends when I also sacrifice my queen but the opponent says: "Thanks but no thanks" and in stead of taking my queen he resigns.

https://tinyurl.com/1bad-40good

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2020, 1:55:57 AM3/2/20
Bs"d

A Boden-Kiezeritsky gambit with mate in 11: https://lichess.org/hzvyWaoeFFTS

It is a reversed Stafford gambit. Or the Stafford gambit is a reversed Boden-Kiezeritsky gambit.

I got the threefold attack on f7, the opponent reacted in the wrong way, and I mated him quickly.

http://tiny.cc/MacOrlan

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2020, 1:09:01 AM3/3/20
Bs"d

And yet another Boden-Kiezeritsky gambit: https://lichess.org/cHk7D0F5msQI
I got the threefold attack on f7, unfortunately the opponent reacted in the right way on it and parted with the exchange. He limped on to move 17 where he was going to lose his queen, after which he resigned.

http://tiny.cc/bad-chess-day

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2020, 1:15:55 PM3/3/20
Bs"d

And yet another Boden-Kiezeritsky gambit: https://lichess.org/vyPcPpzEHBM0

He did the Damiano defense like kind of thing, my horse smacked in on e5, and he had to part with a rook, after which he resigned on move 10.

The irony of the thing is, that his move: 5.f6 was the only right move, only his follow up was wrong.

The devil is in the details!

http://tiny.cc/devil-details

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2020, 12:16:28 PM3/12/20
Bs"d

Another nice trick in the Stafford gambit. https://lichess.org/f7wKLrPdMVWb
On move 6 the opponent played h3, making the mate in 8 impossible. However, he fell for another nice trick, which usually gives me 2 pawns, and the castling of white is messed up. However, he played too fast, and overlooked him losing his queen, so he resigned on move 9.

http://tiny.cc/4k-with-u

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2020, 8:10:13 AM3/13/20
Bs"d

I went for the Russian defence, hoping for a Stafford gambit, but the opponent didn't want to take my pawn on e5: https://lichess.org/uvmbbVFyx6Dz

He turned it into a four knights game, but still I mated him on move 12.

Not bad.

http://tiny.cc/chess-serious

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2020, 2:44:43 AM3/15/20
Bs"d

A fried liver with a mate in 11: https://lichess.org/3xn1nz3kT0g4

http://tiny.cc/hard-to-win

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2020, 8:08:12 AM3/16/20
Bs"d

An Englund gambit: https://lichess.org/vzCnnpSxL2z6

The opponent resigned on move 5.

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2020, 9:38:44 AM3/16/20
Bs"d

With the Caro-Kann Ahmet2035 fared a little better: https://lichess.org/tFHqKVvpKuPQ

With that opening he lasted 9 moves.

http://tiny.cc/horsy

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2020, 2:02:50 AM3/18/20
Bs"d

Another Boden-Kiezeritsky gambit. On move 10 the opponent had to part with a rook, and he resigned on move 17: https://lichess.org/MjBC13lkK8f4

http://tiny.cc/seegood-lookbetter

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 3:17:24 PM3/19/20
Bs"d

Interesting variation on the fishing pole trap: https://lichess.org/QP5BXfEE5pRF

I doubt if it was correct what I played, but it resulted in a 13 move miniature, so all is well that ends well. :)

http://tiny.cc/keep-kalm-win

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 3:22:32 PM3/19/20
Bs"d

Thanks to a Stafford gambit I got the threefold attack on f2: https://lichess.org/RPBNPddAvjZa

The opponent was wise enough to resign on move 10.

http://tiny.cc/pickpocket

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 3:38:37 PM3/19/20
Bs"d

A weird Stafford gambit, in which the opponent resigned on move 12: https://lichess.org/wTgA1WHG86Vd

Swell guy that Stafford.

http://tiny.cc/violent-sport

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 3:49:40 PM3/19/20
Bs"d

So the idea of a gambit is that you sacrifice a pawn, or a more valuable piece.

With the Stafford gambit I sacrifice a pawn, in order to get ahead in development, and as black be the attacking party in stead of white. But for the price of a pawn.

But, with this Stafford gambit; https://lichess.org/N2O10yJzewwb I managed to give him two totally isolated double pawns, and I started harvesting those pawns.

When, on move 13, I was about to harvest my fourth pawn, which would bring me three pawns ahead in stead of one behind, the opponent resigned.

A bit disappointing. But much better than losing.

http://tiny.cc/pawn-power

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2020, 3:20:33 AM3/22/20
Bs"d

Thanks to a Stafford gambit I got the triple attack on f2: https://lichess.org/axKnqPP3w5fe

But when my horse smacked in on f2 on move 8, the opponent resigned.

http://tiny.cc/keep-kalm-win

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2020, 7:07:17 PM3/22/20
On Friday, January 3, 2020 at 11:18:11 AM UTC+2, nastyho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Bs"d
>
> Miniatures are the best.
>
> As long as you win them of course.
>
> Here another one of 13 moves, nice trap in the Caro Kann:
>
> https://lichess.org/ja03lx2bYNA4

Bs"d

Here a variation of that Caro-Kann trap: https://lichess.org/yQ7q8BYS7KKF

The opponent resigned on move 12; he was going to come out of the opening 4 points down.

http://tiny.cc/trap-filled

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2020, 12:16:50 PM3/24/20
Bs"d

Mr Stafford was kind enough to give me the triple attack on f2.

The opponent was kind enough to resign on move 9.

HalleluJah!!

http://tiny.cc/trappish

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2020, 6:28:40 PM3/24/20
Bs"d

A classic Stafford gambit ending in mate on move 8: https://lichess.org/zr9XL3jiUaE8

http://tiny.cc/sense-beauty

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2020, 4:00:34 AM3/25/20
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 3:50:28 PM UTC+2, nastyho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Bs"d
>
> An other mighty weapon against the Fried Liver is the Traxler counter attack.
>
> I'm ashamed to say that many a time I bit the dust against this defense.
>
> But I think I'm now getting the hang of it. This one who tried the Traxler against me bit the dust in 11 moves.
>
> https://lichess.org/3vMZ3T9oUp90
>
> http://tiny.cc/meaning-of-life

Bs"d

Unfortunately, yesterday I again went down against a Traxler counter gambit as answer to my Fried Liver Attack.
It was one in a long range of losses, and I think that if I was a little bit more focused, and would have played a little bit less blunderfull, I should have won it.

Anyway, just now I was faced with another Traxler counter attack, and in 30 moves I won it: https://lichess.org/D8N1iqpWrrhW

HALLELUJAH!!

It is not exactly a miniature, but I'm happy with the win, the Traxler is a mean beast, and I'm happy I came out on top.

https://tinyurl.com/1bad-40good

nastyho...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2020, 5:37:27 AM3/25/20
Bs"d

A 1842 resigned against me on move 13 while he was a pawn ahead: https://lichess.org/VklT9X6pEGzZ
I gave him the pawn on move 8, because I saw it would give him a totally isolated double pawn close to his king, on the E line, and that would be a lovely thing for me to start attacking, and so put pressure on him. Plus it messed up the position of his castled king.
And then he resigns. While a pawn ahead, just with a rotten position.

What happened to fighting spirit?

https://tinyurl.com/res-no-win

Eli Kesef

Mar 25, 2020, 2:35:26 PM3/25/20
Bs"d

And another Stafford gambit with mate in 8: https://lichess.org/djV5vFyNW4ce

Isn't chess great?

http://tinyurl.com/Aristotl

Eli Kesef

Mar 25, 2020, 3:23:55 PM3/25/20
Bs"d

And an Englund gambit; mate in 8: https://lichess.org/sDcpoyCaJDdo

It's like shooting puppies in a barrel.

http://tinyurl.com/0-0-0

Eli Kesef

Mar 26, 2020, 8:08:37 AM3/26/20
Bs"d

Mate in 12 with a Boden-Kieseritzky gambit: https://lichess.org/tZEbKPS5wLhW

http://tinyurl.com/why-risk

Eli Kesef

Mar 30, 2020, 4:41:14 AM3/30/20
Bs"d

And 1898 resigned on move 7 with an Englund gambit: https://lichess.org/lexDIPWR708o

Really I think guys with a rating like that are too good for me, and I shouldn't play them. But the point is, 2000 is like a psychological barrier. I seen it again and again, as long as I am below 2000, even 1998 or something, I find opponents very quickly, even though I set my search settings on a maximum of 1850.
But once I'm 2000 or up, I'm waiting ages for an opponent of 1850 or lower. So I was forced to set my search settings to a max of 1900. Which means that I'm usually only a 100 points or so higher than the opponent, which I think is too close for comfort.
What can I do; I hate losing.

A few days ago I used the Lichess button on the right which says: "new opponent". I shouldn't use that button, because usually he makes a search with the exact same search settings as before, but sometimes he gives the same time settings, but no rating settings. And so it happens that when I got a new opponent, and I started the game, that I saw that I, then rated 1970, was playing a 2009. And that is really not what I want.
Thank God I won the game, but still. Chess is supposed to fun and relaxing, not a stressful endeavour. https://lichess.org/lexDIPWR708o

Anyway, the Englund gambit, which by now I played many hundreds of times, came through for me, again, like hundreds of times before, and the opponent didn't make it past move 7.

That's the way I like it.

http://tinyurl.com/no-relax

Ain't that the truth.

Except of course, when the opponent fals victim to an opening trap. :))

Eli Kesef

Mar 31, 2020, 6:39:37 AM3/31/20
Bs"d

A 1900 bites the dust in 13 moves in the tame 4 horses opening: https://lichess.org/yiED0Cs7yoWv

http://tiny.cc/horsy

Eli Kesef

Mar 31, 2020, 7:21:24 AM3/31/20
Bs"d

Also bishops can fork, it just doesn't happen so often.

Anyway, I like horseforks better.

The Horny Goat

Mar 31, 2020, 4:58:05 PM3/31/20
I once had 2 rooks forked by a bishop in a club speed tournament and
resigned on the spot. The TD said 'why did you resign? Now I can't
restore the position because you ended the game when you resigned'
(which 30 years later and having become an international arbiter in
the meantime know isn't true - but given the venue it's not something
you would send to the National Appeals Committee)

The point is the bishop made an illegal move by jumping over an
intervening pawn. I think the guy was innocent but who really knows?

Eli Kesef

Apr 1, 2020, 2:00:06 AM4/1/20
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 11:58:05 PM UTC+3, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 04:21:23 -0700 (PDT), Eli Kesef
Bs"d

Happens to the best of us. A few days ago I resigned in a winning situation. Don't have the game at hand, I would have to search for it, but right after I clicked the resign button I saw the winning line. Happens.

No big deal. No reason to get upset. So after the red haze in front of my eyes started to diminish a bit, I wiped the foam of my mouth, and started a new game as if nothing happened.

Things like that are best forgotten.

I looked at this page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunder_(chess) and that has a soothing effect. I mean; if even grandmasters can blunder horribly, then I am excused. It has also some games in which GM's resign in a winning position. Happens to the best of us.

This section is very entertaining: "Resignation in won positions
Sometimes players, including strong grandmasters, resign a position which they are actually winning, not losing. Chess historian Tim Krabbé calls this kind of mistake "the ultimate blunder".[23]"

I remember Carlsen, I think when he was already world champion, blundering away a horse for no reason. Also in the match with Anand he made at least one enormous losing blunder, but Anand didn't see it. :)

So we shouldn't take our blunders to seriously.

Did you already work as an arbiter in some international events?

http://tiny.cc/chess-serious

Eli Kesef

Apr 2, 2020, 10:05:32 AM4/2/20
Bs"d

Got some Stafford gambits: https://lichess.org/oxgYmhY4P5le In this one after taking the pawn and horse, he pushed his pawn to e5 to attack my horse. I put my horse on e4, and hoped for d3. It became d4, so my queen went to h4 to have a double attack on f2, after which I hoped for g3, and lo and behold, I got it!

So my horse smacked in on g3, he took my horse with his f pawn, after which my queen went to e4+, and next move I relieved him of his castle on h1.
After that he made one more move, but resigned right after it, on move 10.

I'm using at the moment an old nick I had laying around, wasn't used since 2016, because it is too stressful trying to keep that 2000+ nick in the air. I played some relaxing chess with my brain on zero, but unfortunately, the results were what you expect when playing like that.
Still now my rating is slowly creeping up, I'm now just over 1900.

Two games before the above game I had another Stafford gambit: https://lichess.org/8AcU9va2Jr0d I got the triple attack on f2, the opponent blundered, and I mated him om move 10.

http://tinyurl.com/pin-sword

Eli Kesef

Apr 2, 2020, 10:19:00 AM4/2/20
Bs"d

Here a Fried Liver which made the opponent resign on move 11: https://lichess.org/RzAQ5p1G88iS

https://tinyurl.com/0-0-0

Eli Kesef

Apr 2, 2020, 10:27:31 AM4/2/20
Bs"d

In this Englund gambit the opponent suddenly resigned on move 7: https://lichess.org/dT4v5KSsCa6j

Don't know why he did that, but I happily accepted his resignation. :)

https://tinyurl.com/enemy-mistake

Eli Kesef

Apr 2, 2020, 10:33:42 AM4/2/20
Bs"d

Here an Englund gambit which was refused by the enemy. But still he resigned on move 9: https://lichess.org/8AmpFevMQCKi

https://tinyurl.com/calm-win

Eli Kesef

Apr 2, 2020, 10:40:37 AM4/2/20
Bs"d

If you just try it often enough, sooner or later somebody is going to fall for the Fishing Pole trap: https://lichess.org/LfblOQRnfKPI

A 10 move miniature thanks to the Fishing Pole.

https://tinyurl.com/ever-play-BF

Eli Kesef

Apr 2, 2020, 1:10:24 PM4/2/20
Bs"d

And just now I had another Stafford gambit: https://lichess.org/VnVpOIcIIzxc

Unfortunately, on move 7 I lost my king, but on move 8 I caught his king.

http://tinyurl.com/funny-game

Eli Kesef

Apr 3, 2020, 2:45:47 AM4/3/20
Bs"d

Got myself a fresh victim of the Fishing Pole: https://lichess.org/K79Gh1PMBZWx

He resigned on move 15, mate in one was unavoidable. :)

http://tinyurl.com/funny-game

Eli Kesef

Apr 3, 2020, 7:57:46 AM4/3/20
Bs"d

Here an Englund gambit in which the opponent was trying to fork me: https://lichess.org/NjWGujqCWnkc

That went horribly wrong for him. :)

https://tinyurl.com/0-0-0

Eli Kesef

Apr 3, 2020, 9:29:33 AM4/3/20
Bs"d

A chess player regularly encounters the kings gambit. So did I just now: https://lichess.org/HGCER2ahf8gp

I always like to answer it with Falkbeer's countergambit. And it just happens to be so that there is a horrible way in which the opponent can go wrong with it. And that is what just happened. The opponent grabbed the wrong pawn, the poisoned one, and he resigned on move 7.

I really LOVE those miniatures!

HalleluJah!!

https://tinyurl.com/blunders-all-there

Eli Kesef

Apr 5, 2020, 12:11:35 PM4/5/20
Bs"d

And just now I had another Stafford gambit: https://lichess.org/jkY7Q24updFk

Unfortunately, on move 7 I lost my queen, but on move 8 I mated his king.

http://tinyurl.com/funny-game

Eli Kesef

Apr 5, 2020, 12:31:39 PM4/5/20
Bs"d

And here an opponent who, when confronted with the Englund gambit, decided to resign on move 4: https://lichess.org/YJbhS4YNYVtp

He was rated 1846, so not exactly a raw beginner.

https://tinyurl.com/trappish

Eli Kesef

Apr 5, 2020, 4:11:17 PM4/5/20
Bs"d

So here https://lichess.org/9gBGvMUiUKGs the opponent tried the Fried Liver on me.

I was kind enough to let him fork my queen and castle, but then, after he had taken my castle, I mated him with a smothered mate on move 10.

http://tinyurl.com/tactical-blow

Eli Kesef

Apr 6, 2020, 9:01:57 AM4/6/20
It is loading more messages.