Software for administering school chess club ratings

packc516

Jan 29, 2003, 7:47:43 PM1/29/03
I am running a school chess club. I have implemented a rating system,
assigning preliminary ratings and initially calculating the rating changes
using Excel.

1. Can someone suggest a shareware program which will calculate the rating
changes? I would like to simply enter results and be able to print an
updated list.

2. Each rating adjustment is a net zero change as the increase to the
winner player is offset by an equal decrease to the loser. How can I cause
the average rating to increase over time as games are played to reflect the
improvement of the players? That is, do I inject additional rating
points into the system somehow?

Thanks
John

Fred Mellender

Jan 2, 2011, 11:46:17 AM1/2/11
I have written some free software for chess clubs. It includes a tournament manager and a "Ladder" that calculates ratings. It runs under Windows. It can be downloaded from: sites.google.com/site/fredm/. The file to download is chessClubKit.zip. The documentation included should help.

Monique Schmn

Aug 31, 2022, 2:39:00 AM8/31/22
On Sunday, January 2, 2011 at 6:46:17 PM UTC+2, Fred Mellender wrote:
> I have written some free software for chess clubs. It includes a tournament manager and a "Ladder" that calculates ratings. It runs under Windows. It can be downloaded from: sites.google.com/site/fredm/. The file to download is chessClubKit.zip. The documentation included should help.
The Site is not available anymore. Anywhere else we might find the software?

Ken Blake

Aug 31, 2022, 10:48:42 AM8/31/22
You're replying to an 11.5-year-old message. No surprise that the site
is gone, and highly unlikely that he's still here in this NG. He might
not even be alive any more.

Robert Fischer

Oct 14, 2022, 10:50:24 AM10/14/22
I found it at https://sites.google.com/view/fredm#h.k6gpmytuqzgn
The ladder is part of the Chess Club Kit.