Shredder2

Mike Cooter

Jul 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/26/98
Could someone give me some feedback on Shredder 2 on how they like its
features, and playing style?

Komputer Korner

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
My review is finished and will be published at WCCR this week.

Komputer Korner
The inkompetent komputer

To send email take the 1 out of my address. My email address is
kor...@netcom.ca but take the 1 out before sending the email.
Mike Cooter wrote in message
<6pgqhn$jqd$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

Har...@t-online.de

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98

quoting a mail from mco...@sprintmail.com concerning Shredder2

> Could someone give me some feedback on Shredder 2 on how they like its
> features, and playing style?

It counts to the top programs which are equally strong. The major lack of
features is the missing possibility to let Shredder automatic analyze
game(s).
But IMHO it has the best GUI for Win95/98/NT.

Harald Faber

Sean Evans

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
Where prey tell is WCCR and what is WCCR??

Why not post it here I would very much like to read it!

Do you happen to know when Shedder 3 will be released??

Your friend in Computer Chess,

Sean Evans

Komputer Korner wrote in message <6pi16o$dkk$2...@tor-nn1.netcom.ca>...

>My review is finished and will be published at WCCR this week.
>
>--
>--
>Komputer Korner
>The inkompetent komputer
>
>To send email take the 1 out of my address. My email address is
>kor...@netcom.ca but take the 1 out before sending the email.
>Mike Cooter wrote in message
><6pgqhn$jqd$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

Komputer Korner

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
For a complete review you can review my article on Shredder 2
at the Web Computer Chess Reports which can
be accessed only by subscription. For more information about
the Reports and subscription rates, log on to http://www.icdchess.com/
and click on "Computer Chess Reports".

A tidbit of news: Yesterday, Tom O'Donnell got crushed by Shredder 2
at 5 5 time control in a 10 game match on a Pentium II-350Mhz.
Score: Shredder2 got 6 wins and 4 draws. Gamescores are contained
in the article.

Komputer Korner
The inkompetent komputer

To send email take the 1 out of my address. My email address is
kor...@netcom.ca but take the 1 out before sending the email.

Sean Evans

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
It appears KK has cashed in his Computer Chess ethics for cash!

Instead of posting his review at rgcc so we can all read it and learn he has
sold it to Steven Schwartz of CCC for the all mighty dollar.

So much for KK's reputation for helping people now you must pay. I think
his new name should be Kash Kash.

In future if you have a computer chess question send $ 3.00 to Komputer
Korner care of the Chess Federation Of Canada (CFC).

Best regards,

The Apostle Sean

Komputer Korner

Enrique Irazoqui

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
KK, never mind this idiot. The more he is against you, the better you stand.
I got worried when he praised me a few days ago. Imagine the horror of
reading that this little worm is proud of you!

Enrique

Komputer Korner escribió en mensaje <6pnap8$6up$1...@tor-nn1.netcom.ca>...

Steven Schwartz

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 06:49:41 -0400, "Sean Evans" <spe...@cyberus.ca>
wrote:

>It appears KK has cashed in his Computer Chess ethics for cash!
>
>Instead of posting his review at rgcc so we can all read it and learn he has
>sold it to Steven Schwartz of CCC for the all mighty dollar.
>
>So much for KK's reputation for helping people now you must pay. I think
>his new name should be Kash Kash.
>
>In future if you have a computer chess question send $ 3.00 to Komputer
>Korner care of the Chess Federation Of Canada (CFC).
>
>Best regards,
>The Apostle Sean

KK gets paid exactly the same amount of money to write
articles for the Web Computer Chess Reports than you are
paid to write here in rgcc.
- Just Plain Steve (ICD/Your Move Chess & Games)
(http://www.icdchess.com)

Robert Hyatt

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:
: I have never been paid a cent from Steve for any article I have

: written. I think I will let Steve comment on this unwarranted attack.

KK...

It was a stupid remark in the first place. Just ignore him, as he has
nothing useful to contribute, only trite personal remarks like this. You
*could* get paid for all I care. Everyone has a right to earn a living,
and writing chess-software reviews is no less honorable than any other
profession. And nothing says you should not "sell" such reviews if you
can, because they take time to produce and certainly have an intrinsic
value.

He's trolling. You bit.

Don't next time. :)

Mike Tiller

Jul 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/29/98
Robert Hyatt <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> writes:

Dr. Hyatt,

Could I pursued you to follow your own advice. :-)

I'm a big fan of everything you have to say about chess and computers
so I have you as +1000 in my score file (Gnus). Unfortunately, I
can't distinquish which of your posts are responses to trolls and
which aren't.

Not meant as a criticism, just a friendly request.

--
Michael Tiller

Robert Hyatt

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
Mike Tiller <mti...@ptrs14.srl.ford.com> wrote:
: Robert Hyatt <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> writes:

: Dr. Hyatt,

Point taken.. :)

Bob

Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hy...@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213 115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX Birmingham, AL 35294-1170

User923005

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
Look at who Sean & his crank cronies attack. Look at who they like. Which
group would you like to be in?

I wish he would find something slanderous to say about me. The best I have
ever received is a tag of "MORON," which could hardly be considered libelous.
He's about half right on that one anyway. The real problem, I think, is that I
really don't know enough about computer chess to get the witches chasing me.
It appears that you have to know what you are talking about. Maybe in a couple
years I can draw their ire. One can always hope.

--
C-FAQ ftp sites: ftp://ftp.eskimo.com ftp://rtfm.mit.edu
Hypertext C-FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Heinrich Konrad B.-Snoerje

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
Robert Hyatt wrote:

> He's trolling. You bit.
>
> Don't next time. :)

| Let No trolls |
| survive HERE! |

--
PLEASE:
Don't send anwsers by email AND newsgroup, it cuts threads and it makes