final post

71 views
Skip to first unread message

Andrew Gambier

unread,
Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99
to
In article <7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu>, Robert Hyatt
<hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> writes
>After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that
>the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'.

(snip rest about how there'll be one more post and that's it)

There are some here to which this will be a further nail in the coffin.
I'm trying to write a chess program (from scratch, not a bastardized
version of somebody else's...) And I've found some of the advice here
pretty helpful. But as more and more people bow out, it's going to
become more difficult to get any sensible suggestions.

So... is there a mailing list we can turn to? (I'd rather avoid things
web-based if at all possible).

--
andrew


gto

unread,
Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99
to
Hello, Bob:

I will remove the link to rec.games.chess.computer from my system. Without
you, it makes no sense to listen to these news.

Really sad, but I can completely understand your point after so much unfair
provocation.

May your Crafty project prosper.

GTO


Robert Hyatt wrote in message <7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu>...


>After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that

>the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'. What
.....

Robert Hyatt

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that
the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'. What
that means, simply, is that I finally realized that no matter how
much time I spend defending myself (or others that no longer post
here because they tired of having to defend themselves and wisely
left), there is no way to ultimately win this battle. DB will
forever be called a 'cheat' by Rolf. People will forever be in-
sulted by Sean. And 'Zarathustra' and his alter-egos seem to be
intent on following me so long as I continue to post here. The
"Sam Sloan conspiracy theory" will be rehashed every time someone
thinks it will damage my (or other members of the CB team) repu-
tation. IE this is not ever going to stop, unless this newsgroup
becomes moderated to stop the 'problems'. We watched Ken Thomp-
son, Dave Slate, all the way through Ed Schroeder, leave rather
than put up with the continuous insults and personal attacks. We
suffered thru Fong driving Schaeffer off. Then TheDoDo. We even
almost survived the room full of monkeys with a word processor
that posts under the pseudonym "Rolf". But this should be fun.
And it is not. And for me, it is time to 'stop'. I suppose it
is remarkable that I managed to survive here for > 10 years, now
that I think about it. That must be some sort of record that
might be harder to break than the 70 home runs hit last year. :)

Zarathustra claimed he 'wanted to save this newsgroup.' Yet he
has become more of a problem than the ones that came before him
(if indeed he is not another alter-ego for TheDoDo or whatever).
He contributes nothing. He only wants to 'stalk' and I seem to
be his target. However, this target is going to drop off the
radar.

I plan for this to be my next-to-final post here. I believe that
if I disappear (to CCC and the Crafty mailing list) part of the
'reason' for his garbage in this newsgroup will go away. I am
also going to discontinue the ftp site for Crafty source and exe-
cutables. I will continue providing Eugene's tablebase files and
the 'plytest' data that the JICCA article Monty and I wrote men-
tions, but no more crafty distributions will take place via
anonymous ftp. If you are a crafty user, or are interested in
becoming one, feel free to contact me via email, via CCC, or via
the crafty mailing list. I'm not deserting everyone that is us-
ing it. But I am going to make it impossible for someone to ex-
ploit what I have worked so hard to create. This time there will
be a legitimate licensing facility (no charge) but it will re-
quire a real email where I can choose to send a copy or refuse if
I suspect something odd going on. If you are interested, don't
give up.

I say this will be my 'next-to-final' post, because I do plan one
more post in a few weeks. Once certain events have been handled
here, I do plan on one more post to supply the real name, ad-
dress, and phone number of our 'anonymous stalker'. Since I
don't believe anyone should be allowed to run over our newsgroup
freely. Of course, anyone can do the necessary 'detective work'
on their own, if interested.

I really dislike 'giving up' but it is apparent there is no win-
ning here. I guess I now understand why all the 'old hands' left
one by one. The bad thing is that as the Internet grows, you are
going to see more and more 'Zarathustras' here, because the more
apples you get, the more bad apples you get. And in this case,
one apple can definitely spoil the barrel.

Feel free to continue to ask questions via email, but understand
that I am one person, and although I answer every email personal-
ly, it takes some time and effort.

99.9% of the folks here have been enjoyable to chat with, argue
with, or compromise with. I certainly apologize for being a
'lightning rod' and providing a ready target for our 'stalkers';
and for sometimes allowing myself to be provoked to the point of
using language I don't normally use. However, after getting pro-
voked _so many_ times, I hope most at least understand 'why'.
The down side is that as more of 'us' leave, all that will be
left is 'them'. Not a pretty sight. And perhaps this is clear
evidence that we do need a moderated forum like CCC to prevent
this kind of nonsense.

Note that you can always find me at hy...@cis.uab.edu, or at
www.icdchess.com/ccc/ where the 'stalkers' are not welcome and
not allowed. If you'd like to see a less 'noisy' discussion area
(although web-based which I don't like as well as usenet news)
feel free to join 'us' there. And if there is an interest in
(finally) turning this into a moderated newsgroup, I'm always
willing to help, as that would be one way to 'take
rec.games.chess.computer' "back" from the 'problems'. IE can you
imagine a r.g.c.c without Rolf, Sean or "Z"? Is that 'image'
good enough to start the process? Because we know where apathy
leads. To a newsgroup overrun with people only interested in
posting nonsense personal attacks, and _nothing_ else.

We know because we are _there_ almost. There will continue to be
good posters here, Until they become targets. And the cycle
continues, and the number of good posters dwindles.

In any case, I am now returning to what I should have been doing
more of, namely trying to make Crafty better, rather than trying
to make this newsgroup more informative.

respectfully yours,

Bob Hyatt


james....@yale.edu

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
On 25 Mar 1999 03:58:22 GMT, Robert Hyatt <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu>
wrote:


>I say this will be my 'next-to-final' post, because I do plan one
>more post in a few weeks. Once certain events have been handled
>here, I do plan on one more post to supply the real name, ad-
>dress, and phone number of our 'anonymous stalker'. Since I
>don't believe anyone should be allowed to run over our newsgroup
>freely. Of course, anyone can do the necessary 'detective work'
>on their own, if interested.

Don't forget place of work. He likes to post from there.


C. L. Williams

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

>In any case, I am now returning to what I should have been doing
>more of, namely trying to make Crafty better, rather than trying
>to make this newsgroup more informative.

>respectfully yours,

>Bob Hyatt

I don't know what to say, Bob. I don't think I could have gotten my
program to run without your posts, either in response to my questions,
or researched through Dejanews. At least not within a four month
period. See you in CCC.


Chuck


UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Robert Hyatt wrote in message <7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu>...
I also have been one who believed in un-moderated forums but have like
others had to use filters to the point where it became pointless when they
reply and responses are posted including the rubbish they write.

I will also join CCC that way at least I will get to see your helpful
replies to peoples questions. Especially my own.
Good luck to you. Dr.
UltraB.

Adnan

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

On 25 Mar 1999 03:58:22 GMT, in rec.games.chess.computer Robert Hyatt wrote:

>I plan for this to be my next-to-final post here. I believe that
>if I disappear (to CCC and the Crafty mailing list) part of the
>'reason' for his garbage in this newsgroup will go away. I am
>also going to discontinue the ftp site for Crafty source and exe-
>cutables. I will continue providing Eugene's tablebase files and
>the 'plytest' data that the JICCA article Monty and I wrote men-
>tions, but no more crafty distributions will take place via
>anonymous ftp.

>I really dislike 'giving up' but it is apparent there is no win-


>ning here. I guess I now understand why all the 'old hands' left
>one by one. The bad thing is that as the Internet grows, you are
>going to see more and more 'Zarathustras' here, because the more
>apples you get, the more bad apples you get. And in this case,
>one apple can definitely spoil the barrel.


I suggest a new moderated group called: rec.games.chess.computer.moderated.

If that is not possible, I think you can get enough votes for at least
rec.games.chess.moderated. Where computer chess and other chess topics
would be allowed. This way we will have one moderated and other unmoderated
groups for those who prefer unmoderated groups.

Anyone wants to take this cause?

Steffen A. Jakob

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
A very good decision! For those people who are interested in your work
nothing will change. But some guys have to get a life now.

Best wishes,
Steffen.
--
Steffen A. Jakob | "Victory goes to the player who makes the
ste...@jakob.at | second-to-last mistake."
http://www.jakob.at/ | (Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower)

RDavis101

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Well...I just drove 20 hours to reach a friends house on what was supposed to
be an enjoyable vacation. Everyone else has gone to bed, but I wanted to stay
up to read rec.games.chess.computer, only to find out that it's losing its CORE
PERSON. What a bummer for everyone on this group. I'd ask you to reconsider,
Bob, but I completely understand. As far as I am concerned, this group has lost
its reason for being.

I look forward to reading your messages at www.icdchess.com. I hope everyone on
this group who wants to participate in the intelligent discussion of computer
chess will join there.

Roger

Vitaly Livshits

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
The owner of jpunix.com is running several mailing lists which you may find
helpful.

--
Vitaly Livshits
vit...@nospam.poboxes.com

Andrew Gambier <nai...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:PToH6DA+...@panix.com...


> In article <7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu>, Robert Hyatt
> <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> writes

> >After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that
> >the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'.
>

Peter Kappler

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Bob,

A few years ago, when I first started to write my program, I remember
being amazed that the author of Cray Blitz would take the time to
answer my silly novice questions about chess programming.

Since then I've made countless visits to dejanews, and typed "Hyatt
nullmove" or "Hyatt bitboards", knowing that I would find the answer
to my question.

Thanks for all the great posts. See you at CCC.

--Peter

Jeff Hamm

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Sorry for the double posting, but I just realised I had originally
posted this as a new thread rather than as a reply! Ooops!

- Jeff

Hi,
Sorry to see you go. I've been reading this news group, with only the
occasional question, and I understand why you might have had enough of
"the problem children".

Wish you had not been driven to your choice. I've found that
filtering out Rolf, Sean, any post with Hiattian, Drafty (though I can
understand why you would have to montior that due to the copywrite
issue), and a few other simple selections really improved the "air
quality".

It's a shame, really, that those who know so little have chosen to
torment one who might actually be able to teach them something rather
than to learn.

- Jeff

Robert Sullivan

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Sad news for this group, Bob. Meaning no offense to those who remain here,
I'm going to delete this group from my browser, since Bob is just too much
of what brings me here. I'm going to CCC. Bob, if you should ever decide to
return here, please post that good news to CCC. Thanks. For everything.
Best regards,
Robert Sullivan, MD
bob4...@earthlink.net

"Can the battlefield offer anything I can win?"
(from "A Course In Miracles")


David Rasmussen

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Robert Hyatt wrote:
>

Fuck. That it really sad.
Thanks a lot, you anti-Hyatt people! You've really done the world a lot
of good! (not!)
Do You feel better now?

--
David Rasmussen
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be." Roger
Waters
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John
Lennon
Floyd Code: v1.2a r+d>s TW 1/0/pw tG sqrt(-1)? 0 DSotM 3 2 <6jun98>

Andreas Schwartmann

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Hi,

A while ago, I have created an english language mailing list for computer chess
lovers. It has 45 subscribers yet, so everyone who is not pleased with r.g.c.c.
is welcomed to subscribe to this list. This list is not actually moderated, but
personal attacks and insults are not tolerated and result in immediate sign-off
of the attacking poster.

The subscription address is: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/computerchess


Andreas


--
schwa...@netcologne.de
ICQ # 27170739

Visit my homepage "Andi's Playground": http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-schwaran2/

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." -
Stephen King, The Gunslinger


Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Robert Hyatt <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> wrote in message
news:7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu...

> After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that
> the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'.

No Dr. Bobo we beat you and now you have to climb back over the wire with
your Voodoo troll dolls.

>What
> that means, simply, is that I finally realized that no matter how
> much time I spend defending myself (or others that no longer post
> here because they tired of having to defend themselves and wisely
> left), there is no way to ultimately win this battle. DB will
> forever be called a 'cheat' by Rolf. People will forever be in-
> sulted by Sean.

People insult me such as you as was proven with Hyatt Watch...you are
leaving because Hyatt Watch proved; using you're own words that you are a
troll doll and nothing more...I am surmizing the UAB told you to stop
posting here at rgcc or risk being fired from you're job due to disgraceful
behaviour !

>And 'Zarathustra' and his alter-egos seem to be
> intent on following me so long as I continue to post here.

You were beaten by the facts and the truth Bob, nothing more !

>The
> "Sam Sloan conspiracy theory" will be rehashed every time someone
> thinks it will damage my (or other members of the CB team) repu-
> tation. IE this is not ever going to stop, unless this newsgroup
> becomes moderated to stop the 'problems'. We watched Ken Thomp-
> son, Dave Slate, all the way through Ed Schroeder, leave rather
> than put up with the continuous insults and personal attacks. We
> suffered thru Fong driving Schaeffer off. Then TheDoDo. We even
> almost survived the room full of monkeys with a word processor
> that posts under the pseudonym "Rolf". But this should be fun.
> And it is not. And for me, it is time to 'stop'. I suppose it
> is remarkable that I managed to survive here for > 10 years, now
> that I think about it. That must be some sort of record that
> might be harder to break than the 70 home runs hit last year. :)

If people cannot defend themselves in the public domain it is their fault
and nothing more !

> Zarathustra claimed he 'wanted to save this newsgroup.' Yet he
> has become more of a problem than the ones that came before him
> (if indeed he is not another alter-ego for TheDoDo or whatever).
> He contributes nothing. He only wants to 'stalk' and I seem to
> be his target. However, this target is going to drop off the
> radar.

Nobody is stalking anybody...Dr. Bobo stated in the public domain that he
never said certain things, yet the Hyatt Watch web site proved he had; now
Dr. Bobo is mad because he has been proven a liar and a troll....good bye !

> I plan for this to be my next-to-final post here. I believe that
> if I disappear (to CCC and the Crafty mailing list) part of the
> 'reason' for his garbage in this newsgroup will go away.

Yes when you leave Bob a big rgcc problem will leave as well ! YOU !

>I am
> also going to discontinue the ftp site for Crafty source and exe-
> cutables

Stop there Dr. Bobo nobody wants you're crappy software that is why you are
giving it away Kasparov calls it a weak program ! What more can you say !

> I say this will be my 'next-to-final' post, because I do plan one
> more post in a few weeks. Once certain events have been handled
> here, I do plan on one more post to supply the real name, ad-
> dress, and phone number of our 'anonymous stalker'. Since I
> don't believe anyone should be allowed to run over our newsgroup
> freely. Of course, anyone can do the necessary 'detective work'
> on their own, if interested.

I already know who he is and I applaud his actions ! In real life this
person is a respectable man and is a good person, nothing wrong with that !

> I really dislike 'giving up' but it is apparent there is no win-
> ning here.

Finally the truth Dr. Bobo has lost "THEM" are retreating, "US" have won no
more Hyattian spam....aren't some causes worth fighting for !

>I guess I now understand why all the 'old hands' left
> one by one. The bad thing is that as the Internet grows, you are
> going to see more and more 'Zarathustras' here, because the more
> apples you get, the more bad apples you get. And in this case,
> one apple can definitely spoil the barrel.

Your the bad worm infested apple though Mr. Bobo so good-bye !

> Feel free to continue to ask questions via email, but understand
> that I am one person, and although I answer every email personal-
> ly, it takes some time and effort.

Don't worry we won't !

> 99.9% of the folks here have been enjoyable to chat with, argue
> with, or compromise with. I certainly apologize for being a
> 'lightning rod' and providing a ready target for our 'stalkers';

Translation:

Mr. Bobo who is a troll and a trouble maker has been beaten by the facts and
now he is leaving a beaten man....chow baby !

> and for sometimes allowing myself to be provoked to the point of
> using language I don't normally use.

Actually you use foul language quite often as Hyatt Watch proved !

>However, after getting pro-
> voked _so many_ times, I hope most at least understand 'why'.

Yes "US" understands that you have many character defects which is why we
would not stand for your crappola any longer !

> The down side is that as more of 'us' leave,

No No More of "THEM"

>all that will be
> left is 'them'.

No No More of "US" !

>Not a pretty sight.

Actually a beautiful sight !

>And perhaps this is clear
> evidence that we do need a moderated forum like CCC to prevent
> this kind of nonsense.

Run and hide with your friends behind the barb wire Dr. Bobo, with your evil
Death Ray Guns and Land mines....."US" shall prevail ....because we tell the
truth !

> Note that you can always find me at hy...@cis.uab.edu, or at
> www.icdchess.com/ccc/ where the 'stalkers' are not welcome and
> not allowed.

CCC where the people who are unable to defend themselves from the facts also
hide like Dr. Bobo !

>If you'd like to see a less 'noisy' discussion area
> (although web-based which I don't like as well as usenet news)
> feel free to join 'us' there. And if there is an interest in
> (finally) turning this into a moderated newsgroup, I'm always
> willing to help, as that would be one way to 'take
> rec.games.chess.computer' "back" from the 'problems'. IE can you
> imagine a r.g.c.c without Rolf, Sean or "Z"? Is that 'image'
> good enough to start the process? Because we know where apathy
> leads.

>To a newsgroup overrun with people only interested in
> posting nonsense personal attacks, and _nothing_ else.

Sounds like you Dr. Bobo now that you have left perhaps things will calm
down !

> We know because we are _there_ almost. There will continue to be
> good posters here, Until they become targets. And the cycle
> continues, and the number of good posters dwindles.
>
> In any case, I am now returning to what I should have been doing
> more of, namely trying to make Crafty better, rather than trying
> to make this newsgroup more informative.

It's about time...your program has fallen so far behind it is now
ridiculously poor "Relatively Speaking" as per Gary Kasparov !

> respectfully yours,
>
> Bob Hyatt

unrespectfully yours,

The Apostle Sean

Henri H. Arsenault

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
In article <7dd2tm$kaj$1...@oak.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "Robert Sullivan"
<bob4...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Sad news for this group, Bob. Meaning no offense to those who remain here,
> I'm going to delete this group from my browser, since Bob is just too much
> of what brings me here. I'm going to CCC. Bob, if you should ever decide to
> return here, please post that good news to CCC. Thanks. For everything.
> Best regards,
> Robert Sullivan, MD
> bob4...@earthlink.net
>

Yeah, but geez, these newsgroups are much too slow to read. What do we
have to do to get a moderated newsgroup?

After KK leaving and now Bob, this newsgroup is really taking a nosedive...

*sob*

Henri

Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
David Rasmussen <ho...@kampsax.dtu.dk> wrote in message
news:36FA1C68...@kampsax.dtu.dk...

> Fuck. That it really sad.

I think you have been reading to many of Hyatt's posts he, you now swearing
like him and a banchee !

> Thanks a lot, you anti-Hyatt people!

Your welcome !

> You've really done the world a lot of good!

Thank you !

> Do You feel better now?

Yes I feel great...you have to understand that Hyatt brought this ALL onto
himself with his crap......now he has finally lost the War......chow bud !


The Apostle Sean

David Rasmussen

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Sean wrote:
>
> David Rasmussen <ho...@kampsax.dtu.dk> wrote in message
> news:36FA1C68...@kampsax.dtu.dk...
>
> > Fuck. That it really sad.
>
> I think you have been reading to many of Hyatt's posts he, you now swearing
> like him and a banchee !
>

I've always been swearing you fucking moron.

> > Thanks a lot, you anti-Hyatt people!
>
> Your welcome !
>
> > You've really done the world a lot of good!
>
> Thank you !
>
> > Do You feel better now?
>
> Yes I feel great...you have to understand that Hyatt brought this ALL onto
> himself with his crap......now he has finally lost the War......chow bud !

His crap? What crap? What have YOU done to help anybody? You're just a
tiny man with a tiny brain.
Motherfucker.

John A. Perry

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:23:58 GMT, Vitaly Livshits
<vit...@nospam.poboxes.com> wrote:
>The owner of jpunix.com is running several mailing lists which you may find
>helpful.

I'd also like to point out that the majority of my mailing lists are
moderated. That means that if you want to bring the petty, insulting,
word-wars the my mailing lists you will be summarily ignored and
filtered out. Anyone that wants to discuss Crafty and it's developemnt
in a reasonable, sane manner are welcome to join. I won't put up with
arguing and fighting.

--
John Perry pe...@jpunix.com PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!
WWW - http://www.jpunix.com
PGP 2.62 key for pe...@jpunix.com is on the keyservers.
http://rc5stats.distributed.net/tmsummary.idc?TM=4264 for freechess.org RC5.

Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
David Rasmussen <ho...@kampsax.dtu.dk> wrote in message
news:36FA374B...@kampsax.dtu.dk...

> I've always been swearing you fucking moron.

My My Davey Boy judging by your posts at ICD/CCC/HYATT you have some sort of
split personality similiar to your's and my favorite troll doll Dr. Bobo !

> His crap? What crap?

Do you honestly believe Davey Boy that Hyattian theories and foot in mouth
disease did not bring this upon himself ??

> What have YOU done to help anybody?

I have helped many people....now "US" have driven off the enemy and claim
victory !

Nah Nah Nah Hey Hey Hey Good Bye !!

> You're just a tiny man with a tiny brain.

I only twelve !

> Motherfucker

Hey I am only twelve I told you !

Regards,

The Apostle Sean

"Who put the mad in the mad house baby....."You Did Baby"..."You Did"

Avi

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Sad news indeed,I don't think this group will be worth visiting
Without you posting here.

At least we have CCC to keep reading,learning and enjoying
Your posts.

See you there then.

Avi.


Robert Hyatt wrote in message <7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu>...

Peter Klausler

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Robert Hyatt wrote in message <7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu>...
>I plan for this to be my next-to-final post here. I believe that
>if I disappear (to CCC and the Crafty mailing list) part of the
>'reason' for his garbage in this newsgroup will go away. I am
>also going to discontinue the ftp site for Crafty source and exe-
>cutables. I will continue providing Eugene's tablebase files and
>the 'plytest' data that the JICCA article Monty and I wrote men-
>tions, but no more crafty distributions will take place via
>anonymous ftp.

I might as well take CDB off the web as well then, since
it's not terribly useful without a good chess engine.

Christopher R. Dorr

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Sean wrote in message <0nqK2.4531$_47....@news2.giganews.com>...

>Robert Hyatt <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> wrote in message
>news:7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu...
>
>> After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that
>> the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'.
>
>No Dr. Bobo we beat you and now you have to climb back over the wire with
>your Voodoo troll dolls.

No actually, Little Seanie, it means that a college professor has better
things to do with his time than to deal with a semi-literate yokel like you.
You don't seem to get it. You didn't win...you lost! You lost access to a
helpful, intelligent leader in his field. You could have chosen to learn
something (obviously you need to...you are rated about 1100 at chess, so you
ned to learn chess, and you could never figure out how to get Crafty to
work, so you clearly need to learn something about computers), but instead
you found a forum to boost your self-importance (by being an ass) in order
to make yourself seem worthwhile. Bob lost nothing...CCC (which you got
yourself kicked out of for being a jerk) provides everybody who is truly
interested in computer chess a positive forum for education, discussion, and
enjoyment. *Without* the noise created by idiots like you and Rolf.


>
>>What
>> that means, simply, is that I finally realized that no matter how
>> much time I spend defending myself (or others that no longer post
>> here because they tired of having to defend themselves and wisely
>> left), there is no way to ultimately win this battle. DB will
>> forever be called a 'cheat' by Rolf. People will forever be in-
>> sulted by Sean.
>
>People insult me such as you as was proven with Hyatt Watch...you are
>leaving because Hyatt Watch proved; using you're own words that you are a
>troll doll and nothing more...I am surmizing the UAB told you to stop
>posting here at rgcc or risk being fired from you're job due to disgraceful
>behaviour !
>

He's leaving because he shouldn't have to put up with such nonsense. The
*vast* majority of people here believe you to be nothing but a fool and a
loser. The same majority believes Rolf to be 'off his rocker', and the same
majority believes Hyatt Watch to be pathetic.

>>And 'Zarathustra' and his alter-egos seem to be
>> intent on following me so long as I continue to post here.
>
>You were beaten by the facts and the truth Bob, nothing more !


Again, Little Seanie, he wasn't beaten! I realize that you're probably not
bright enough to understand this, but sometimes the smart thing to do is to
escape an uncomfortable situation. You made it uncomfortable, but you seem
too dense to understand why.

Actually tens of thousand of users do. And they (unlike you) seem smart
enough to figure out how it works!


>> I say this will be my 'next-to-final' post, because I do plan one
>> more post in a few weeks. Once certain events have been handled
>> here, I do plan on one more post to supply the real name, ad-
>> dress, and phone number of our 'anonymous stalker'. Since I
>> don't believe anyone should be allowed to run over our newsgroup
>> freely. Of course, anyone can do the necessary 'detective work'
>> on their own, if interested.

>>> Note that you can always find me at hy...@cis.uab.edu, or at
>> www.icdchess.com/ccc/ where the 'stalkers' are not welcome and
>> not allowed.
>
>CCC where the people who are unable to defend themselves from the facts
also
>hide like Dr. Bobo !
>

It's where people who actually care about computer chess go. It where
*sensible* people are *allowed* to go.

>>If you'd like to see a less 'noisy' discussion area
>> (although web-based which I don't like as well as usenet news)
>> feel free to join 'us' there. And if there is an interest in
>> (finally) turning this into a moderated newsgroup, I'm always
>> willing to help, as that would be one way to 'take
>> rec.games.chess.computer' "back" from the 'problems'. IE can you
>> imagine a r.g.c.c without Rolf, Sean or "Z"? Is that 'image'
>> good enough to start the process? Because we know where apathy
>> leads.
>
>>To a newsgroup overrun with people only interested in
>> posting nonsense personal attacks, and _nothing_ else.
>
>Sounds like you Dr. Bobo now that you have left perhaps things will calm
>down !
>

Yes indeed! You and Rolf can now use discuss computer chess between
yourselves, using all your collected 'expertise'!

>> We know because we are _there_ almost. There will continue to be
>> good posters here, Until they become targets. And the cycle
>> continues, and the number of good posters dwindles.
>>
>> In any case, I am now returning to what I should have been doing
>> more of, namely trying to make Crafty better, rather than trying
>> to make this newsgroup more informative.
>

>


>> respectfully yours,
>>
>> Bob Hyatt
>
>unrespectfully yours,
>
>The Apostle Sean
>


Seanie, you are a loser, and a fool. And a bigot to boot. Not a good
combination. You understand nothing about chess or computers (as you have
clearly demonstrated numerous times), and you are too stupid to realize that
you don't know.

I agree with Bob, and believe he has the right solution. So I'm doing the
same. I realize that nobody else contributes a fraction of what Bob did
here, but I am a Master, who perhaps might have had some insight to chess
and computers (not all that many Masters here, it seems), and I am following
suit. Immediately following this post, RGCC is coming off my newsgroup list.
I got sick of Rolf's nonsense a few years ago, and stopped reading for a
while (a year or so), and now I've gotten sick of your gibberish.

I'll be at CCC, discussing computer chess. And not being bothered with
trivial fools like you. Anybody else interested in computer chess, I
strongly advise to subscribe to CCC. It's got the best information about
computer chess, it's got the best experts online, and it *doesn't* have any
fools or freaks like you. Perhaps one day you'll get some help. Perhaps one
day, you'll be worth bothering with. But until then, you're just too trivial
to bother with.

See you in the funny papers. (And at CCC).

Chris Dorr
USCF Master

Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Christopher R. Dorr <crd...@one.net> wrote in message
news:36fa6...@news.one.net...

I figured the local "Queer" would show up eventually !

> No actually, Little Seanie, it means that a college professor has better
> things to do with his time than to deal with a semi-literate yokel like
you.

He is leaving because his integrity is question by Hyatt Watch he knows he
could lose his job at UAB because of it, therefore, he has resigned a beaten
man !!

Three cheers for the victory...

Hip Hip Hooray !.....Hip Hip Hooray !.....Hip Hip Hooray......!

A great day at rec.games.chess.computer Hyatt is finished here now !

>you are rated about 1100 at chess, so you

Actually my rating at Chess4U is between 1250 and 1350 but I think I can get
it up to 1700 in a year or two of practice...remember there is no chess in
Canada so I am at a slight disadvantage !


> He's leaving because he shouldn't have to put up with such nonsense.

Hyatt is leaving because he is beaten and he knows it ! He was beaten by
his own words at Hyatt watch....now he must hide from the truth at the
CCC....unable to defend himself in the Public Domain....let him wallow in
the caves at the CCC...the light shines brightly amongst "The Chosen
Guardians" at rgcc ! We have won !

> Again, Little Seanie, he wasn't beaten! I realize that you're probably not
> bright enough to understand this, but sometimes the smart thing to do is
to
> escape an uncomfortable situation. You made it uncomfortable, but you seem
> too dense to understand why.

Yes it was uncomfortable for Dr. Bobo, his head was snapped back by Hyatt
Watch so hard he has resigned from rgcc forever "His Words"......Poor
Bob...!

> Actually tens of thousand of users do. And they (unlike you) seem smart
> enough to figure out how it works!

It is just a piece of Crapty ask Kasparov he knows !

> It's where people who actually care about computer chess go. It where
> *sensible* people are *allowed* to go.

Every person who has been allegedly kicked out of the CCC is still there
"Little Missy" we are all there posting under assumed names........We are
part of the rgcc under ground movement to destroy evil in all it's fascists
!

> Seanie, you are a loser, and a fool. And a bigot to boot.

I would say in this case "US" is the winner, the brighter and smarter ! If
being anti-homosexual makes a person a bigot so be it.....but you have the
disease Miss Dorr and you have to live with that ! I do not !

> I agree with Bob, and believe he has the right solution. So I'm doing the
> same.

Yes ! Another victory the little homo Christopher Dorr-Knob is leaving
also......!! Another beaten women? ...man ? whatever !

> See you in the funny papers. (And at CCC).

> Chris Dorr
> USCF Master

USCF Masturbater more like !

Have fun with you boyfriends at the CCC, we shall not be joining you !

Cheers,

Sean

Charles Milton Ling

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Robert Hyatt schrieb:

Dear Bob,

I am really, truly, deeply sad to see you leave. RGCC will be a poorer
place for your absence. Although I have no pretensions to anything more
than the most rudimentary knowledge of computers, it was always a
pleasure to read your posts (particularly, for me, those reminiscing of
the days when there was still a "brave new world" ahead).
I admit, however, that, regret it as I might, I understand and respect
your decision. Putting myself in your position (as far as I can
manage), I think I would have thrown the towel in long ago. It was
indeed cruel, yes even heartless, to misuse your accessibility to those
who truly seek assistance and the exchange of ideas in the furtherance
of ambitions I can only call deranged.
It is a great comfort to know that you will still be around on CCC (and
ICC, for that matter, it's Knallo writing here).
See you there!

Charley


flum

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Hyatt is gone! This newsgroup is safe for morons once again!

UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Sean mumbled in message ...

>Actually my rating at Chess4U is between 1250 and 1350 but I think I can
get>it up to 1700 in a year or two of practice...remember there is no chess
in
>Canada so I am at a slight disadvantage !
>

Sean ever heard of the CFC or a Chess Club !! not sure nor interested where
you live but Chess in Canada is active, you just need to get away from your
keyboard and find it.
The CFC has a website where you will find a listing of affiliated Canadian
Chess clubs and even of tournaments, just not sure if they have them for up
to 1350 Chess4U ratings :-).
I am also in Canada and don't feel in any way at a dissadvantage
to living here.


.

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
I have only been subscribed to this news group for a fortnight or so. I have
asked Bob Hyatt various questions about Crafty via the Crafty mailing list
and by e-mail. All I can say is that his responses have without exception
been prompt, courteous and most helpful.

It seems to me that when a person is skilled enough to write a program such
as Cratfy, gracious enough to offer it to the public free of charge and then
willing to offer support and advice to anyone asking, then that person
deserves respect and thanks from those of us who benefit from his hard work.

I think his decision to leave the group is the correct one - I would
certainly have done so long ago. It is obvious, however, that he is the
mainstay of the group, and the small number of people who have caused this
to happen can, therefore, be compared to a cancerous tumour. From their
point of view, they have "won the battle", in fact by attacking the 'host',
all they have brought about is there own destruction. The rest of us,
including me, will now merely switch to a more restricted forum such as the
mailing list.

It seems, as a race, that us humans have a way to go yet.

Tim Holland

Dann Corbit

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
I agree that it is time to go. I will stick to CCC also, as the terrorists
have won. 99% of what goes on here is noise now, so posting here is
relatively pointless now. Sadly, the same thing seems to be going on in most
of Usenet. Ten years ago it was this incredible medium where sharp minds
would meet together and share. Now it is becoming a cesspool of lowlife
scum who only want to damage and contribute nothing. I may post an
occasional announcement, but I won't be reading or posting normally either.
--
C-FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html
"The C-FAQ Book" ISBN 0-201-84519-9
C.A.P. Newsgroup http://www.dejanews.com/~c_a_p
C.A.P. FAQ: ftp://38.168.214.175/pub/Chess%20Analysis%20Project%20FAQ.htm

geo...@my-dejanews.com

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
In article <0nqK2.4531$_47....@news2.giganews.com>,

"Sean" <Apostl...@wolf-web.com> wrote:
> Robert Hyatt <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> wrote in message
> news:7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu...
[snip]

> > In any case, I am now returning to what I should have been doing
> > more of, namely trying to make Crafty better, rather than trying
> > to make this newsgroup more informative.
>
> It's about time...your program has fallen so far behind it is now
> ridiculously poor "Relatively Speaking" as per Gary Kasparov !
>
> > respectfully yours,
> >
> > Bob Hyatt
>
> unrespectfully yours,
>
> The Apostle Sean
>

I discovered Crafty yesterday, apparently just in the nick of time.
Would you tell me, Sean, where I can download a copy of your program
so I can compare them?

Geoff Sheffield

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
UltraB <Ult...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:yLuK2.689$_3.32...@bunson.tor.sfl.net...

Well "L' ill Britches" you talk the talk behind your false name and
remailer address....why do not you post under your real name "only cowards
like Hyatt" need run and hide their heads from "THE TRUTH" look at the
losers run without their boyfriend Hyatt to protect them anymore they are
all gone........slobs !

> Sean ever heard of the CFC

I live one (1) block away from it ! So yes I have heard of it.....I am
surmizing you have never been in it so let me describe....

It is a single room with a storage room out back it is a run down
"Shit-hole" improperly managed by strange people...there is no chess classes
there just a couple of input computers and racks of books ! Not much
there to see actually !

> or a Chess Club !!

No decent chess clubs in Ottawa, ON, Canada......perhaps you live in
"Tarana" ON. ....but you are still hiding behind your troll name so you are
just another Hyattian coward...run with your friends to the CCC and pretend
to be interested in the truth but you shall never find it in a censored
group !

>not sure nor interested where
> you live but Chess in Canada is active, you just need to get away from
your
> keyboard and find it.

heehee....obviously you do not live in Canada !

> The CFC has a website where you will find a listing of affiliated Canadian
> Chess clubs and even of tournaments, just not sure if they have them for
up
> to 1350 Chess4U ratings :-).

Chess4U "WAS" a nice free club to play at but it appears to have shut down I
did not recheck today !

> I am also in Canada and don't feel in any way at a dissadvantage
> to living here

Perhaps you are only disSadvantaged because of your lack of spelling ability
and therefore, I presume you are a high school drop out !

Have fun,

Sean

Smart Canadian Boy (I'm only twelve (12) ask Dr. Bobo he knows !)

Dr. Bobo can only be found now at the CCC, he has been tagged and bagged a
liar and a troll at "Hyatt Watch" ........See our Doctor run and hide behind
the barbwire with his "other" friends !!

Henning Hansen

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
In article <7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu>, Robert Hyatt
<URL:mailto:hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> wrote:
> After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that
> the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'. What
[large snip]

>
> In any case, I am now returning to what I should have been doing
> more of, namely trying to make Crafty better, rather than trying
> to make this newsgroup more informative.
>
> respectfully yours,
>
> Bob Hyatt
>
>

Don't forget to write that book !!!

--
Henning Hansen

UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Sean mumbled again in message ...

>UltraB <Ult...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:yLuK2.689$_3.32...@bunson.tor.sfl.net...
>
>Well "L' ill Britches" you talk the talk behind your false name and
>remailer address....why do not you post under your real name "only cowards
>like Hyatt" need run and hide their heads from "THE TRUTH" look at the
>losers run without their boyfriend Hyatt to protect them anymore they are
>all gone........slobs !
>
I have posted before under my real name, if you kept up with the postings
instead of watching your own ramblings you would have seen it. My name is
Sarah Bird, I live in Scarborough Ontario.

>> Sean ever heard of the CFC
>
>I live one (1) block away from it ! So yes I have heard of it.....I am
>surmizing you have never been in it so let me describe....


Beeeeeeep Incorrect as usual.


>
>It is a single room with a storage room out back it is a run down
>"Shit-hole" improperly managed by strange people...there is no chess
classes
>there just a couple of input computers and racks of books ! Not much
>there to see actually !


I said heard of !! not ever seen it, duh.


>
>> or a Chess Club !!
>
>No decent chess clubs in Ottawa, ON, Canada......perhaps you live in
>"Tarana" ON. ....but you are still hiding behind your troll name so you are
>just another Hyattian coward...run with your friends to the CCC and pretend
>to be interested in the truth but you shall never find it in a censored
>group !


Ohh I am far from being a coward, and yes I have lots of friends.
If you ever come to Scarborough I could introduce you to some.


>
>>not sure nor interested where
>> you live but Chess in Canada is active, you just need to get away from
>your
>> keyboard and find it.
>
>heehee....obviously you do not live in Canada !


beeeeeep again tut, tut. Do you ever get anything right. If you had bothered
reading the rest of the original post before bothering to reply you might
have got this one right.


>
>> The CFC has a website where you will find a listing of affiliated
Canadian
>> Chess clubs and even of tournaments, just not sure if they have them for
>up
>> to 1350 Chess4U ratings :-).
>
>Chess4U "WAS" a nice free club to play at but it appears to have shut down
I
>did not recheck today !


Who cares!


>
>> I am also in Canada and don't feel in any way at a dissadvantage
>> to living here
>
>Perhaps you are only disSadvantaged because of your lack of spelling
ability
>and therefore, I presume you are a high school drop out !


Aghhhh a spelling mistake, wow. You are so sharp Sean must be why you hold a
1200 plus CFU rating hahahaha, rofl.

>
>Have fun,
I do reading your moronic rantings, lol.
>
>Sean twelve (12)


>
>Smart Canadian Boy (I'm only twelve (12) ask Dr. Bobo he knows !)


No Sean your not twelve (12). You only act like twelve (12).
And as for smart, god get a life.


>
>Dr. Bobo can only be found now at the CCC, he has been tagged and bagged a
>liar and a troll at "Hyatt Watch" ........See our Doctor run and hide
behind
>the barbwire with his "other" friends !!
>

It's not a matter of running child, it is a matter of talking to people who
respect the opinions of others without feeling the need to get themselves
involved in things they no very little or nothing about.
Cheers.
UltraB aka Sarah Bird.

UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

geo...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7de2im$vht$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>In article <0nqK2.4531$_47....@news2.giganews.com>,
> "Sean" <Apostl...@wolf-web.com> wrote:
>> Robert Hyatt <hy...@crafty.cis.uab.edu> wrote in message
>> news:7dcc8u$435$1...@juniper.cis.uab.edu...
>[snip]

>> > In any case, I am now returning to what I should have been doing
>> > more of, namely trying to make Crafty better, rather than trying
>> > to make this newsgroup more informative.
>>
>> It's about time...your program has fallen so far behind it is now
>> ridiculously poor "Relatively Speaking" as per Gary Kasparov !
>>
>> > respectfully yours,
>> >
>> > Bob Hyatt
>>
>> unrespectfully yours,
>>
>> The Apostle Sean
>>
>
>I discovered Crafty yesterday, apparently just in the nick of time.
>Would you tell me, Sean, where I can download a copy of your program
>so I can compare them?
>Geoff Sheffield


Sean's program or is it programme Sean, I can't spell as I'm a drop-out.
Anyway it can be located at: www.nonothing/aboutchess/or/computer.chess
UltraB


Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
> Sarah Bird writes;

> >Chess4U "WAS" a nice free club to play at but it appears to have shut
down
> >I did not recheck today !

> Who cares!

oyo Sarah Bird......a chick huh ?! I thought Bobby Fischer stated
"chickies were weakies" at chess and shouldn't bother playing !

BTW:) I care it was / is ? as nice club !

> Aghhhh a spelling mistake, wow. You are so sharp Sean

Thank you for recognizing my superior intellect "Sweet Sarah" !

> It's not a matter of running child, it is a matter of talking to people
who
> respect the opinions of others without feeling the need to get themselves
> involved in things they no very little or nothing about.

> Cheers.
> UltraB aka Sarah Bird

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ! A Canadian chick
with an attitude !! Gotta luv it !

How about a little kiss Sarah...."I know you want to !!"

Regards,

The Apostle Sean

Richard Heldmann

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Bob,

Thank you for participating here at rgcc. It was a pleasure to have the
opportunity to read your posts. They were informative and humorous. You
will be missed!

See you at CCC!

Rick Heldmann

UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Sean mumbled yet again in message and after a large amount of un-noted
cutting stretched his intellect
to<37xK2.5296$_47....@news2.giganews.com>...

>> >Chess4U "WAS" a nice free club to play at but it appears to have shut
>down
>> >I did not recheck today !
>
>> Who cares!
>
>oyo Sarah Bird......a chick huh ?! I thought Bobby Fischer stated
>"chickies were weakies" at chess and shouldn't bother playing !
>

Do you always listen to other peoples opinions? or did you not learn to
formulate your own. Also if you had read what Fischer had said you would see
that the words you utter are not correct.

>BTW:) I care it was / is ? as nice club !
>

It has 10 computers and you Sean that's all. And in fact I tried it and TBF
it sucked.

>> Aghhhh a spelling mistake, wow. You are so sharp Sean
>
>Thank you for recognizing my superior intellect "Sweet Sarah" !
>

You clipped the rest of the sentence which read "must be why you hold a 1200
plus CFU rating hahahaha, rofl." However I think you got the point.

>> It's not a matter of running child, it is a matter of talking to people
>who
>> respect the opinions of others without feeling the need to get themselves
>> involved in things they no very little or nothing about.
>
>> Cheers.
>> UltraB aka Sarah Bird
>
>Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones !

You should think of that before you post the endless tripe that lots of us
suffer through. But I for one will suffer no longer.
UltraB.

David Franklin

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
I'm not sure if I'm really writing this to Robert or the group,
but still...

>Robert Hyatt wrote:
>
>> After a lot of consideration, I have come to the conclusion that
>> the only way to 'win this war' is to 'resign this battle'.

Damn. I can't say I'm surprised. I would have got tired of the
situation a hell of a long time ago.

As many others have commented, I think that just about
wraps it up for rgcc. I can't see me reading here any more.

Although I've seen people driven out of newsgroups before,
this situation is a new one to me. For the person who
contributes so much more to the newsgroup than anyone else
(with no offense meant to Bruce, Dann, Ed, et. al.) that it will
not survive without them to be driven out is somewhat obscene.

[A couple of comments about individuals that I perhaps
shouldn't make, but will:

ChrisW: There are several idiots who have given Bob a hard
time, but unfortunately you weren't one of them. No, you
have written a good program, you have been around the
block, and *you knew exactly what you were doing*. I'm
disgusted. And you know, I look back over the last few
months, and I can't remember a single thing you've contrib-
uted to this newsgroup (aside from insults, accusations
and innuendo, that is).

Sean: You are a git. That goes without saying. But cool
it with the obscene postings to anyone with a female name.
Not only does it mark you as completely pathetic, but
should anyone want to cause trouble for you, it should be
a good nail to hang you by. (to Paula - *please* complain
about this cretin. Damn - *I* was embarrassed by what
he posted).

end of off charter bitching but couldn't help myself]

Bob, you probably don't remember, but I asked you some stuff
about tablebase generation about 3 years ago. You were
most helpful and courteous despite my naivity to the
subject. It was appreciated.

>> What
>> that means, simply, is that I finally realized that no matter how
>> much time I spend defending myself (or others that no longer post
>> here because they tired of having to defend themselves and wisely
>> left), there is no way to ultimately win this battle.

I'm sure that many times Bob has felt he was standing alone against
the horde, and I'm feeling a certain amount of guilt, because I kept
postponing the post where I told various people what I felt about
them, and now it's too late. Something I've heard said (w.r.t WW2):

"For evil to prosper, all that is necessary is for good men to do
nothing."

(I hope those with N*zi fixations appreciate the irony, because I'm
damn sure they've been playing on the silent majority's apathy).

>>DB will
>> forever be called a 'cheat' by Rolf. People will forever be in-
>> sulted by Sean. And 'Zarathustra' and his alter-egos seem to be
>> intent on following me so long as I continue to post here. The
>> "Sam Sloan conspiracy theory" will be rehashed every time someone
>> thinks it will damage my (or other members of the CB team) repu-
>> tation.

Yup. I know when I saw the Sam Sloan stuff I was thinking I'd be
going absolutely ballistic if I were you, though in fact you handled it
remarkably well and calmly. I don't think Rolf and co. understand
how serious their cheating allegations are - and sadly we seem to
be in "big lie" territory here - if people don't call them on it, they
consider their allegations proved.

>> 99.9% of the folks here have been enjoyable to chat with, argue
>> with, or compromise with. I certainly apologize for being a
>> 'lightning rod' and providing a ready target for our 'stalkers';
>> and for sometimes allowing myself to be provoked to the point of
>> using language I don't normally use. However, after getting pro-
>> voked _so many_ times, I hope most at least understand 'why'.

I certainly understand why. The Hyatt-watch stuff has been
frustrating, because it (of course) hides the 'why', so it looks like
constant over-reaction. But (to analogize), when someone like Rolf
keeps defecating on your carpet, he's apt to get ejected as soon as
he starts fiddling with his belt buckle.

>> The down side is that as more of 'us' leave, all that will be
>> left is 'them'. Not a pretty sight.

But at this rate, who will be watching?

>> And if there is an interest in
>> (finally) turning this into a moderated newsgroup, I'm always
>> willing to help, as that would be one way to 'take
>> rec.games.chess.computer' "back" from the 'problems'. IE can you
>> imagine a r.g.c.c without Rolf, Sean or "Z"?

I would vote in favour. And if you could stand it, I'd be happy with
you as a moderator, FWIW.

>> respectfully yours,
>>
>> Bob Hyatt


Best wishes, and many thanks for your long standing contributions.

David Franklin


Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
UltraB <Ult...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bayK2.702$_3.33...@bunson.tor.sfl.net...

> Do you always listen to other peoples opinions?

Bobby Fischer isn't a person he is the Messiah ! Don't girls know anything
?!

> It has 10 computers and you Sean that's all. And in fact I tried it and
TBF
> it sucked.

Ten (10) computers and me, what more could a girl ask for ?? "TBF" sorry to
trouble you but the acronym eludes moi ! I heard the Tarana girlies go
crazy over us French Canadians ??

> >> Aghhhh a spelling mistake, wow. You are so sharp Sean

Yes I know that !

> You should think of that before you post the endless tripe that lots of us
> suffer through. But I for one will suffer no longer.

> UltraB

Sarah Ultra B...may I ask what the Ultra stands for or am I allowed to guess
! heehee !@!

Luv,

Sean


Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
Hello group,
 
-
----- Original Message -----
From: David Franklin <d.fra...@virgin.net>
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.computer
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 1999 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: final post
 
> ChrisW: There are several idiots who have given Bob a hard
> time, but unfortunately you weren't one of them. No, you
> have written a good program, you have been around the
> block, and *you knew exactly what you were doing*. I'm
> disgusted. And you know, I look back over the last few
> months, and I can't remember a single thing you've contrib-
> uted to this newsgroup (aside from insults, accusations
> and innuendo, that is).
 
Remember Mr. Bobo brought this unto himself, it was his own words at Hyatt Watch which finally toppled him, not ChrisW, not The Pope, not Dodo, not I....it was Hyatt himself who ironically beat himself out of the public domain with his own posts !
 
> Sean: You are a git. That goes without saying.
 
I had to look that one up :
----
git /gIt/ n.1 slang. contempt.M20. [Var. of GET n.1]
A worthless person.
Listener That bald-headed, moon-faced, four- eyed git.
----
 
<sigh> yet another Hyattian troll, I won't forget that one David Franklin........why do you insult me in the public domain.....I do not even know you !  Who are you anyways ?!
 
>But cool
> it with the obscene postings to anyone with a female name.
> Not only does it mark you as completely pathetic, but
> should anyone want to cause trouble for you, it should be
> a good nail to hang you by.
 
uhhhh..... what are you trying to say here ?!
 
> I'm sure that many times Bob has felt he was standing alone against
> the horde, and I'm feeling a certain amount of guilt, because I kept
> postponing the post where I told various people what I felt about
> them, and now it's too late. Something I've heard said (w.r.t WW2):
 
Bobo got what he deserved "His Teeth Kicked In" strangely enough his own words did the kicking - in !!

> "For evil to prosper, all that is necessary is for good men to do
> nothing."

 
That is why "US" (the good guys) did something Dr. Bobo has now been destroyed his reputation in shambles "A broken Man"   Chow !
 
> I certainly understand why. The Hyatt-watch stuff has been
> frustrating, because it (of course) hides the 'why', so it looks like
> constant over-reaction.
 
It also stated the truth ! 
 
> But at this rate, who will be watching?

 
Why my many fans of course !  Ask Sarah, she's my new groupie !
 
> I would vote in favour. And if you could stand it, I'd be happy with
> you as a moderator, FWIW.
 
You really are out of touch with the situation aren't you !
 
> Best wishes, and many thanks for your long standing contributions.
 
You forgot to mention his "Troll Doll" antics !!

> David Franklin
 
Regards,
 
Sean

--
If  You "SISSIES" Dare To Play Me A Game
 

UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Sean again cut without mention then mumbled in message ...

>UltraB <Ult...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:bayK2.702$_3.33...@bunson.tor.sfl.net...
>
>> Do you always listen to other peoples opinions?
>
>Bobby Fischer isn't a person he is the Messiah ! Don't girls know anything
>?!
>
Sorry, but BF is far from the messiah. Wasn't the messiah a hebrew, hmmmm
maybe Bobby is the messiah after all.!! with all that love he has for the
jewish race. I always wondered if Fischer was gay, I read all those rumors
about him in Argentina but never believed them. Is that your attraction with
Fischer Sean.

>> It has 10 computers and you Sean that's all. And in fact I tried
>it and TBF it sucked.
>
>Ten (10) computers and me, what more could a girl ask for ??

Someone, something, anything that was like errrrr normal.

>"TBF" sorry to trouble you but the acronym eludes moi !

We can't all be experts at everything, it means To Be Fair !!.

> I heard the Tarana girlies go

Sean in fact it is TO ladies !!

>crazy over us French Canadians ??

You are not a French Canadian, you stated you were in Ottawa.
Last time I checked it was still the capital of Canada. And personally I am
not a lover of the French.

>Yes I know that !

Been there.

>> You should think of that before you post the endless tripe that lots of
us suffer through. But I for one will suffer no longer.
>
>> UltraB
>
>Sarah Ultra B...may I ask what the Ultra stands

It means the best Seanie, as in Ultimate. The "B" comes from my second name
Bird.

Sean

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
UltraB <Ult...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:zUyK2.715$_3.34...@bunson.tor.sfl.net...

> Sorry, but BF is far from the messiah. Wasn't the messiah a hebrew, hmmmm
> maybe Bobby is the messiah after all.!! with all that love he has for the
> jewish race. I always wondered if Fischer was gay, I read all those rumors
> about him in Argentina but never believed them. Is that your attraction
with
> Fischer Sean.

Huh ?? Bobby's gay ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *Cry*

> >Ten (10) computers and me, what more could a girl ask for ??
> Someone, something, anything that was like errrrr normal.

You do not think I am normal Sarah !? Why would you ever think such a thing
?!

> >"TBF" sorry to trouble you but the acronym eludes moi !
> We can't all be experts at everything, it means To Be Fair !!

Got it !

> Sean in fact it is TO ladies !!

Sarah you shall make a gentleman of me yet !.... I am just a gem in the
rough *smile*

> You are not a French Canadian, you stated you were in Ottawa.

How close is Ottawa to Hull ?

> Last time I checked it was still the capital of Canada.

Only in name...the Capital of Canada is actually Quebec City run by Premier
Bouchard, Chretien is just a puppet !

>And personally I am not a lover of the French.

Okay I am not French then, what are you attracted Sweetie (Somalians ?)

> >Sarah Ultra B...may I ask what the Ultra stands
> It means the best Seanie, as in Ultimate. The "B" comes from my second
name
> Bird

You better send me private emails from now Sarah this is getting good !

The Pope has sent me a private email and asked me to apologize to you :)

As is the custom at rgcc to honour our leader's wishes I humbly apologize to
you.

Sean

UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Sean crawled in message ...
>news:zUyK2.715$_3.34...@bunson.tor.sfl.net...

>
>The Pope has sent me a private email and asked me to apologize to you :)
>
>As is the custom at rgcc to honour our leader's wishes I humbly apologize
to you.
>
As I already said with your rambling about Fischer and women players, do you
not have your own thoughts. Why apologize because someone asks you to. Can't
you tell if you should make an apology or not alone without help. So you are
on good terms with both the Pope and the Messiah, hmmm a Catholic and a
Hebrew. And let's be correct....the Pope is YOUR leader not anyone else's.
TTFN UltraB


Rolf Tueschen

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to
"Sean" <Apostl...@wolf-web.com> wrote in
<zuzK2.5648$_47....@news2.giganews.com>:

>The Pope has sent me a private email and asked me to apologize to you :)

>As is the custom at rgcc to honour our leader's wishes I humbly apologize to
>you.

I asked My Apostle to further leave out associations to jokes about
women and gay people. We shouldn't do that in a cc group. -- All parts
of our population are welcome! Let's enjoy computer chess together!

--The Pope


>Sean

UltraB

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Rolf Tueschen wrote in message <7deh7m$4ea$1...@news00.btx.dtag.de>...

>I asked Sean to further leave out associations to jokes about


>women and gay people. We shouldn't do that in a cc group. -- All parts
>of our population are welcome! Let's enjoy computer chess together!
>

Too bad you didn't ask Sean that prior to some of his more recent efforts.
UltraB.


Todd Durham

unread,
Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
to

Rolf Tueschen wrote:

> "UltraB" <Ult...@hotmail.com> wrote in
> <tQzK2.759$_3.34...@bunson.tor.sfl.net>:


>
> >Too bad you didn't ask Sean that prior to some of his more recent efforts.
> >UltraB.
>

> Was away for a couple of days. But I can't and won't want to direct the
> motivation of other members. However in case of the mentioned topics I
> thought it a good idea to raise my voice. Also against the background
> that too many experts here kept their mouth shut when some people went
> ballistic in questions of politics. It will always be a puzzle to me why
> this was done in a computer chess group. And more. After I criticised
> the like off-topics, I was scapegoated as if I had _started or invented_
> the like off-topics.

Rolf, your protests are weak. You've repeatedly called people you disagree with
fascists for espousing far less nasty positions than Sean has: Sean would
apparently be happier if all gay people were lined up in front of a ditch and
shot and would apparently be happy to rape and beat any woman he met if he felt
like it. (And he apparently does feel like it, given his posts to Paula and
UltraB.) Where are your repeated calls for Sean to behave himself? I have yet
to see you call Sean to task for HIS off topic rants. The same goes for
Zarathustra and all his alter egos. (You are aware, Rolf, that such Nietzschean
references were a hallmark of the Nazis and remain a favorite of neo-Nazis to
this day, aren't you?) How many times have you either sat idly by while Sean or
Z have 'shouted' down people in rgcc by the shear weight of their imbecilic
and, quite often, down right foul opinions? How many times have you
participated? How many times have you praised someone in one paragraph only to
assasinate their character in the next? In short, Rolf, what have you done to
make the rgcc a better place? And don't speak to me (or this group) about
saving us from Hyatt. You know who the instigators are, you know what was done
to whom, and now, thanks completely to Sean, Z and yourself, you've just made
it that much harder for those of us interested in chess programming to learn
more about the subject.

Todd

Rolf Tueschen

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to

Jeroen ;-}

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to
Shame people have to leave a newsgroup, and especially a chess newsgroup.
But I can understand that people get tired from it.

Without giving any opinion about flame wars over sayings or whatever it is a
loss that you have to leave the group, Bob. Whatever the fights, whatever
the trouble, with Crafty development you advanced and still advance
computer chess for a lot of people. Internet and Usenet should be the place
to communicate with each other, and disappearing behind walls of any kind is
a pity. Shame we don't have the courtesy to make the internet a
communicative "happy place to be".
That's the way it goes, folks, Internet is growing up :-((

Jeroen ;-}

btw Bob, you still can READ rgcc from time to time.......:-))


Jake

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to

Sean wrote something like.......
:Hello group,


Sean your worthless lowlife. You have finally done it.

For 3 years I have followed this NG. Now the reason for my interest is gone.

Whoever you are you are, in my eyes you are a complete scumbag!


Jacob Lindquist
Developer [AI] CPH DK

David Rasmussen

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to
Sean wrote:
>
> David Rasmussen <ho...@kampsax.dtu.dk> wrote in message
> news:36FA374B...@kampsax.dtu.dk...
>
> > I've always been swearing you fucking moron.
>
> My My Davey Boy judging by your posts at ICD/CCC/HYATT you have some sort of
> split personality similiar to your's and my favorite troll doll Dr. Bobo !

I've never posted to anything but rgcc, you bleeding idiot.

>
> > His crap? What crap?
>
> Do you honestly believe Davey Boy that Hyattian theories and foot in mouth
> disease did not bring this upon himself ??

Please don't smoke crack while you're posting, it makes you even MORE
incoherent.

>
> > What have YOU done to help anybody?
>
> I have helped many people....


WHO? And with WHAT?

--
David Rasmussen
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be." Roger
Waters
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John
Lennon
Floyd Code: v1.2a r+d>s TW 1/0/pw tG sqrt(-1)? 0 DSotM 3 2 <6jun98>

David Rasmussen

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to
> Sean wrote:
> A lot of crack influenced incoherent bullshit

So did anybody see that film Scream 2?

gbpa...@my-dejanews.com

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to

I echo your comments exactly. In yesteryear, one could read
most any post here and learn something, or have something made
clear by all the wonderful posters. Today, you have to sort
through maybe 80 posts to find the 5-6 that are useful.

Now Sean signs his monicker as the "one who saved rgcc".
How sad. As others have noted, the top posters have all left
one by one due to the personal attacks, etc. I too will
happily spend my time on CCC and get back to learning something.
It is what this place WAS. To the others who will remain...
enjoy the BS!

Thank gawd for ICD!

In article <scvK2.64398$rs2.18...@client.news.psi.net>,

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------

Rolf Tueschen

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to
These are the minutes after the sensational Big bang in computer chess!

(Therefore by email and into the newsgroups.)


Todd Durham <sp...@gator.net> wrote in <36FAD7BB...@gator.net>:

>Rolf, your protests are weak.

Please try to respect our different tempers ... :)

>You've repeatedly called people you disagree with
>fascists for espousing far less nasty positions than Sean has:

Please stop it. If you are really interested in such a topic then call
me by email and I will anwer you. Here in a computer chess group this is
off-topic. Only this, I did NEVER _call_ people this or that without
explanation and justification. It's not the disagreement that led to
such a label but the writings of a member here. Please try to understand
the difference.

>Sean would
>apparently be happier if all gay people were lined up in front of a ditch and
>shot and would apparently be happy to rape and beat any woman he met if he felt
>like it. (And he apparently does feel like it, given his posts to Paula and
>UltraB.)

Could you do me a favor? And post the exact quotes from Sean where you
have seen what you are claiming here? I read all that too and had a
completely different impression. Not that I agreed but I didn't see such
things you want to insinuate. But again post me the evidence and I will
possibly reconsider. Sean didn't write of shooting and r___g. At least I
didn't read it. Perhaps you could also try to understand that I'm not at
all a sort of babysitter here in the group. Also I want to give you this
here to think about: if you want to stop someone from doing something
it's often much more promissing if you oppose him in something he could
possibly understand without too much stress. If you however want to
punish all kind of expressions you'll end without success because
constant punishment here in this virtual reality (other than the real
world) has no consequences at all. Also try to understand that if Sean
really had written what you insinuated it would be hopeless to try to
influence him with words alone. Also and finally try to understand that
nobody here should be invited to be such a watchman you wanted me to be.


>Where are your repeated calls for Sean to behave himself?

As to the effects of mere repetitions please read above ...

>I have yet
>to see you call Sean to task for HIS off topic rants. The same goes for
>Zarathustra and all his alter egos. (You are aware, Rolf, that such Nietzschean
>references were a hallmark of the Nazis and remain a favorite of neo-Nazis to
>this day, aren't you?)

You mean, if someone would take the anonymous pseudonym 'Adolf' that
then _I_ should oppose such a doing? -- Why can't _you_ do this for me?
Again, I'm not the night-sister here in rgcc.

>how many times have you either sat idly by while Sean or


>Z have 'shouted' down people in rgcc by the shear weight of their imbecilic
>and, quite often, down right foul opinions?

How do you know how I sit and with what emotions? Are you a
clair-voyant?

>How many times have you
>participated? How many times have you praised someone in one paragraph only to
>assasinate their character in the next?

You have that tendency to digress. But I'm game. I take the bait. Please
send me all the evidence you have for such character assassinations. You
must be really confused about the real history here. Take a look into
Dejas and do your homework before you make such allegations against me.

I did never do that. But on the contrary I'm the multiple victim of such
character assassinations. Do you have no clue about it? Shall I tell you
the stories, the facts? Again, contaact me via email and I'll tell you
what Ed Schroder (REBEL) and Bob Hyatt (CRAFTY) have done against me!
I want also invite all members who are interested to contact me for
further details. But we shouldn't do that here in public, also when the
concerned persons are no longer members here.

>In short, Rolf, what have you done to
>make the rgcc a better place?

I always argued for a free exchange of opinions without the censorship
by some self-crowned primadonnas. I opposed fascist tendencies. And last
but not least I wrote hundreds of posts about computer chess. BTW in
lively and friendly style with Bob Hyatt.

>And don't speak to me (or this group) about
>saving us from Hyatt.

Please try to seperate Bob Hyatt, the fantastic expert of computer chess
from the ugly Mister Hyatt ... (Either do your home work in Dejas or
contact me via email or just take a short look into Hyatt Watch
Website.)

>You know who the instigators are, you know what was done
>to whom, and now, thanks completely to Sean, Z and yourself, you've just made
>it that much harder for those of us interested in chess programming to learn
>more about the subject.

I don't think that we should give up our hopes that Bob our lovable
computer chess expert will come back to this group if he sees that even
his critics honestly are sad that he has left them. It's a longer
process perhaps for Bob to understand that NOBODY here ever attacked him
for his on-topic expert writings. What was criticised that was the dirty
language and the politically offensive stuff in this international
forum. But take a look into Dejas again. I was always the one who
praised Bob -- beyond all differences -- for his open and authentic
reactions. From a professor _however_ I had expected him to react more
carefully in such delicate off-topics.

As a computer chess lover and addict I must also state that IN A WAY the
absence of Bob Hyatt perhaps can only lead to a significant improvement
of Bob's cc related attempts and contributions. Namely his strong
program, his projects, here the announced book we all waited for, and
last but not least his own state that could only need a few days or
months of holidays after the 25-hours existence here online.


Now comes EDISON into the game! Let's light a candle in the wind ...


Somehow Bob -- as I have known him! -- must be kind of depressed by the
fact that he's not at the next WCCC here in Germany. Oh boy, if I only
had the possibility to manage Crafty on the Atomic Machines in parallel
mode, I would be delighted if Bob would give me the opportunity to
operate his baby only some 30 kilometers from my hometown. I would even
say that the experiment of Crafty on a CRAY would be the absolute dream
of the whole community ... No matter what people might think, if I would
be the resident operator in contact with, err, Alabama, I'm sure that
nothing strange would happen. After the end of DEEP BLUE, we had a new
mark as state of the art. Also under the aspect that CRAY was the
forerunner for DT and DB in the lead at the championships.


You see, Todd, we are now all on ourselves. But with your smart
nit-picking and my creativity we still could make it. Know what I mean?

So, I leave it to you, a) to do all the necessary homework and b) to
contact Bob for the new sensational development here ... :)


>Todd

Nicolai P. Zwar

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to
I've been around in this group only for a few months, so I don't know
all the things that have happened here in the past. I read some of these
pro and anti Hyatt posts and found some of them entertaining for a
while, but couldn't figure out what was going on other than that
apparently some people had a problem with you for some reason. When I
read your posts here, however, I always found them to be helpful and
informative, and frankly, it's not very difficult to skip stuff in a
newsgroup that I'm not interested in, which is why I think unmoderated
forums can work well. I always read your posts, in any case, and if you
jump the boat now, I'll respect your decision, of course, and wish you
the best, but I sure am disappointed about it and will miss your posts.
A lot. No chance that you change your mind?
Take care
Cheerio
--
Nicolai P. Zwar


I am made out of water. You wouldn't know it, because I have it bound
in. My friends are made out of water, too. All of them. The problem for
us is that not only do we have to walk around without being absorbed by
the ground but we also have to earn our livings.
(Jack Isidore of Seville, Calif.)

FM

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to
Sean <Apostl...@wolf-web.com> wrote:

> >you are rated about 1100 at chess, so you

> Actually my rating at Chess4U is between 1250 and 1350

Does it count?

> but I think I can get
> it up to 1700 in a year or two of practice...

Yeah and I think I can beat Kasparov with 10 years of
intense training. BS.

> remember there is no chess in
> Canada so I am at a slight disadvantage !

You're more retarded than I thought.


Todd Durham

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to

Rolf Tueschen wrote:

> These are the minutes after the sensational Big bang in computer chess!

Rolf, I appreciate your email, but it was partly unnecessary. I have no filtered you
out. Sean and Z, yes, but yyou are still in my sight. I will do as you suggest and
take this matter to a personal discussion via email. However, as this will take more
time to have the discussion at the depth you suggest, it will be awhile before I can
respond. (I will be around for shorter posts, however.) In fact, it might not be
until as late as mid-May. I just have a very hectic schedule coming up. If we come
to some sort of personal consensus a that point, perhaps we can bring he discussion
back here. But until then, it will have to wait.

Todd


Dullwitted Slug

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:54:38 GMT, "UltraB" <Ult...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>
>Sean mumbled in message ...
>
>>Actually my rating at Chess4U is between 1250 and 1350 but I think I can
>get>it up to 1700 in a year or two of practice...remember there is no chess


>in
>>Canada so I am at a slight disadvantage !
>>

>Sean ever heard of the CFC or a Chess Club !! not sure nor interested where


>you live but Chess in Canada is active, you just need to get away from your
>keyboard and find it.

>The CFC has a website where you will find a listing of affiliated Canadian
>Chess clubs and even of tournaments, just not sure if they have them for up
>to 1350 Chess4U ratings :-).

>I am also in Canada and don't feel in any way at a dissadvantage

>to living here.
>
>
Aren't you the current champion in LadaSara's tournament?

UltraB

unread,
Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to

Dullwitted Slug wrote in message <36fbea50.25568765@news>...

>>
>Aren't you the current champion in LadaSara's tournament?

No, Sara's tourney is weekly. I won it on Feb 15 beating Dr Mega, so someone
else won last week. Not sure who, probably the computer player Phantom732. I
do play at excite but not very often now and mostly only blitz 2 min games,
as there are far to many computers playing there and no moderators. I assume
you use excite, under what name?.
UltraB.

Rolf Tueschen

unread,
Mar 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/27/99