Help me bid another hand

James Dow Allen

Dec 6, 2023, 5:44:10 AM12/6/23
At BBO yesterday I held xx - KQxx - KQJTx - xx
Partner dealt and held AKQJ - Jx - xx - AK98x
With opponents silent (until a final Double) the bidding went
1C - 1D
2S - 3H
3N - 4N
6N Double All Pass

Please comment on the auction. I think 6N was the worst bid
(he should just pass 4N at that point) but what about the other bids?
How would RGB experts bid?

Thank you,
James

Paul N

Dec 6, 2023, 9:30:26 AM12/6/23
I'm not at all an expert, but... The bidding looks fine up until 3N. I'm not sure why you bid 4N. You know partner has under 20 points and your 11 are therefore not going to put you into slam territory. And, given that partner has only 1 point less than the maximum he has shown you, when you raise from 3N he would seem entitled to think that your hand will give him enough points for the slam.

Mister Johnson

Dec 6, 2023, 11:58:03 AM12/6/23
1C – 1D
1S – 2NT