Wonderous elite ACBL online tournament quarter-final session

Douglas

Apr 10, 2021, 6:52:58 PM4/10/21
I recently read a self-congratulatory Bridge Winners posting from a well-known bridge player saying he felt confident his recent elite ACBL on-line tournament was without any cheating.

Here is some food for thought: The following are the condensed results from a quarter-final session in that tournament. They are declarer groupings, followed by contracts, and over-under tricks for each declarer.

Open room:
3N 3
4S 0
2N 1
3N 2
5H 0
4S 0
3N 0
6S 0
3N 3
3N 0
5H 0
4S 2
2H 2
3N 2

Closed room:
6D 0
6D 0
4S 0
1D 1
5H 0
4S 0
3N 0
4S 1
3N 2
3N 1
4H 0
4S 2
5D -1
3N 1

I never before have seen 13 of 14 consecutive bridge deals being par game or slam possibilities. And I certainly have never considered the possibility of of there being every contract, except one, being bid and made, or over, for all 28 boards; all in perfect grouping symmetry between the open and closed rooms. It is breath-taking to observe in full.

Douglas