Breaking the transfer

Kenny McCormack

Oct 19, 2023, 11:31:08 AM10/19/23
I probably knew this at one time (back when I was playing regularly), but
what does it mean if you don't bid the suit you're supposed to bid when
partner transfers? I,e., is there a defined meaning to:

1N 2H (transfer to spades)
3D

Or does it just mean you've lost your mind (or forgotten your system) ?

--
The motto of the GOP "base": You can't *be* a billionaire, but at least you
can vote like one.

Mister Johnson

Oct 19, 2023, 12:03:05 PM10/19/23
On 2023-10-19, Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> I probably knew this at one time (back when I was playing regularly), but
> what does it mean if you don't bid the suit you're supposed to bid when
> partner transfers? I,e., is there a defined meaning to:
>
> 1N 2H (transfer to spades)
> 3D
>
> Or does it just mean you've lost your mind (or forgotten your system) ?

Some kind of super-accept as defined by the partnership.
Pard can bid 3H as a retransfer.

Elims

Oct 20, 2023, 3:14:57 AM10/20/23
torsdag 19 oktober 2023 kl. 18:03:05 UTC+2 skrev Mister Johnson:
> On 2023-10-19, Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:

> > partner transfers? I,e., is there a defined meaning to:
> > 1N 2H (transfer to spades)
> > 3D

Standard meaning 4c support doubleton in bid suit (3424/4423) and maximum.
Think BWS standard https://tinyurl.com/yoana6tl is only in competition

Kenny McCormack

Oct 20, 2023, 8:27:09 AM10/20/23
In article <597fab37-1671-4ec4...@googlegroups.com>,
Elims <arnejor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>torsdag 19 oktober 2023 kl. 18:03:05 UTC+2 skrev Mister Johnson:
>> On 2023-10-19, Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
>
>> > partner transfers? I,e., is there a defined meaning to:
>> > 1N 2H (transfer to spades)
>> > 3D
>
>Standard meaning 4c support doubleton in bid suit (3424/4423) and maximum.

OK - I've never heard that before, but it makes a certain amount of sense.

>Think BWS standard https://tinyurl.com/yoana6tl is only in competition

Something seems to have been lost in translation - not sure what you mean
by this. Anyway, the true URL (translation of your tinyurl) is:

https://www.bridgeworld.com/pages/readingroom/bws/bwscompletesystem.html

--
Watching ConservaLoons playing with statistics and facts is like watching a
newborn play with a computer. Endlessly amusing, but totally unproductive.