Anyone ever hear of a Mexican card game named CON QUIEN?

Neile

Jan 4, 2002, 11:54:55 AM1/4/02
I was in Mexico last week and playing a really cool game of cards that
my host kept calling "Con Quien". With my bad Spanish and her bad
English, I barely learned the rules. I'm trying to find something on
the Web with instructions of some sort. All I know is that the deck
is 1-12, minus 8 and 9. 8's and 9's are not used at all. There are
four suits: Swords, Coins, Clubs/Batons and Kettles of some sort.

I found a game with the same set of cards (except it used 8's and
9's), but the game was called Butifarra or Botifarra or something like
that.

Anyway, has anyone out there ever heard of a Mexican card game named
Con Quien and do you know the rules and how to play?

Kind regards.

Iain Cheyne

Jan 4, 2002, 12:19:24 PM1/4/02
In article <27c994ed.02010...@posting.google.com>,
Neile_Ri...@3com.com says...

> Anyway, has anyone out there ever heard of a Mexican card game named
> Con Quien and do you know the rules and how to play?

It's called Conquian and the rules are here:
http://www.pagat.com/rummy/conquian.html.

The best place to ask questions about card games is really
news:rec.games.playing-cards, so I've cross posted my reply there.

I hope that helps,

--
Iain Cheyne
Replace 'invalid' with 'com' to reply.

Neile

Jan 4, 2002, 4:43:54 PM1/4/02
Iain Cheyne <iz6jgu4pq...@sneakemail.invalid> wrote in message news:<MPG.169ff475e...@news.demon.co.uk>...

> In article <27c994ed.02010...@posting.google.com>,
> Neile_Ri...@3com.com says...
>
> > Anyway, has anyone out there ever heard of a Mexican card game named
> > Con Quien and do you know the rules and how to play?
>
> It's called Conquian and the rules are here:
> http://www.pagat.com/rummy/conquian.html.
>
> The best place to ask questions about card games is really
> news:rec.games.playing-cards, so I've cross posted my reply there.
>
> I hope that helps,

AWESOME! That helps a lot! I really should brush up on my Spanish!

Cheers!

jerrymo...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2017, 12:56:01 PM4/19/17
It's called konkian.