2-away/7-away cube action?

atila...@gmail.com

May 17, 2022, 2:22:21 PM5/17/22
XGID=aB-A-CDACaa----aaacbbbA---:1:-1:-1:00:2:0:0:7:10

X:Player 2 O:Player 1
Score is X:0 O:2 7 pt.(s) match.
+13-14-15-16-17-18------19-20-21-22-23-24-+
| X X O O | | O O O O |
| O | | O O O |
| O | | O O |
| | | O |
| | X | |
| |BAR| |
| | | |
| X | | | +---+
| X | | X X X | | 2 |
| X X X X | | X X X O | +---+
+12-11-10--9--8--7-------6--5--4--3--2--1-+
Pip count X: 134 O: 97 X-O: 0-2/7
Cube: 2, X own cube
X on roll, cube action

Timothy Chow

May 17, 2022, 7:00:59 PM5/17/22
This is not "2-away/7-away cube action." It's
"7-away/5-away recube action." Generally speaking, if the
7-away player detects the slightest whiff of a gammon, he
should redouble (unless he's too good). The question here
is whether O can take. With X being on the bar and nearly
40 pips down, you might think that this would be an easy take,
but ATS I think it's a pass. If it's a pass then the question
is whether X is TG. Despite efforts to train myself, I still
have a tendency to cash when TG. I think this is D/P.

---
Tim Chow