Axelisation -- it's not just for cubing any more!

peps...@gmail.com

May 20, 2022, 4:22:27 PMMay 20
Although racing algos, including Isight, are usually advertised as
cube-assisters only, they also provide conclusions for checker play.
If you have a choice of checker plays and are following an algo, you
should choose the checker play that minimises your adjusted race
(duh!). Here, I failed to do this while Axelising, and paid quite a heavy
price. My play of 6/2(2) gives a worse Isight count than the bot's play.
No, I didn't say it harmed my eyesight. I said a worse Isight count.

Paul

XGID=--BCBAB--------------adbc-:1:-1:1:44:0:0:3:0:10
X:Daniel O:eXtremeGammon

Score is X:0 O:0. Unlimited Game, Jacoby Beaver
+13-14-15-16-17-18------19-20-21-22-23-24-+
| | | O O O O | +---+
| | | O O O | | 2 |
| | | O O | +---+
| | | O |
| | | |
| |BAR| |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | X |
| | | X X X X |
| | | X X X X X |
+12-11-10--9--8--7-------6--5--4--3--2--1-+
Pip count X: 38 O: 23 X-O: 0-0
Cube: 2, O own cube
X to play 44

1. XG Roller+ 6/2 5/1 4/Off(2) eq:-0.296
Player: 44.18% (G:0.00% B:0.00%)
Opponent: 55.82% (G:0.00% B:0.00%)

2. XG Roller+ 6/2(2) 4/Off(2) eq:-0.358 (-0.062)
Player: 41.26% (G:0.00% B:0.00%)
Opponent: 58.74% (G:0.00% B:0.00%)

3. 4-ply 6/2(2) 5/1 4/Off eq:-0.534 (-0.238)
Player: 33.23% (G:0.00% B:0.00%)
Opponent: 66.77% (G:0.00% B:0.00%)

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Axel Reichert

May 20, 2022, 5:46:20 PMMay 20
"peps...@gmail.com" <peps...@gmail.com> writes:

> If you have a choice of checker plays and are following an algo, you
> should choose the checker play that minimises your adjusted race

This is a good rule of thumb, yes. I started a thread about this a
couple of weeks ago.

Best regards

Axel

peps...@gmail.com

May 20, 2022, 5:55:32 PMMay 20
As a child, I think I found exactly one four-leaf clover ever, despite spending several days looking.
I might not be the best person to locate your thread.

Paul