BGO

Stick Rice

May 25, 2023, 10:11:54 AM5/25/23
After taking a few years off post whoring I'm pleased to announce BGO (https://bgonline.org/forums/) is back up and should be fully functional and running like it once did. It may take a minute to get the users to start visiting again like they once did but I promise to do my part to revive viewership.

If you used to post on BGO and need your password reset because you don't remember it from years ago send me a message, shoot me a text, send me an email and I'll be able to reset it for you.

Stick

Frank Berger

May 25, 2023, 3:43:19 PM5/25/23
Cool, really missed it. Thanks!

MK

Jun 5, 2023, 4:16:14 AM6/5/23
On May 25, 2023 at 8:11:54 AM UTC-6, Stick Rice wrote:

> After taking a few years off post whoring

Hmm. I wasn't sure about how to parse
this sentence but I concluded that you
meant you were "whoring" by posting
in RGB for a few years and that you are
now back to running your own "whore
house"...

> I'm pleased to announce BGO ... is back up

Like many others, I'm glad that it's again
accessible. It's not a forum that I would
follow regularly or do "post whoring" at,
I will use it to read selected discussions
by doing keyword searches. (When I had
last noticed that it was down, I was trying
to read some posts about the pitfalls of
luck based PR calculations or such, which
were listed on the index page but were not
accessible. I will go back to it if I remember
what I was after.)

Daily position discussions, tournament rules,
etc. never interest me. Not even Tim's quizz
scoring suggestion that seems to have found
better interest there.

The only remaining thread was about a "new
computer" to do faster rollouts and I may use
some numbers from it an another post here.

MK

Backgammon Finesse

Nov 1, 2023, 5:02:26 PM11/1/23
четверг, 25 мая 2023 г. в 17:11:54 UTC+3, Stick Rice:
> After taking a few years off post whoring I'm pleased to announce BGO (https://bgonline.org/forums/) is back up and should be fully functional and running like it once did. It may take a minute to get the users to start visiting again like they once did but I promise to do my part to revive viewership.
>
> If you used to post on BGO and need your password reset because you don't remember it from years ago send me a message, shoot me a text, send me an email and I'll be able to reset it for you.
>
> Stick
forum didnt workin again? or i must do somethin?
Can't access the site
Can't access the site
(

Timothy Chow

Nov 2, 2023, 8:46:56 AM11/2/23
It's working for me. There are occasional outages but recently it's
been pretty reliable.

---
Tim Chow

Stick Rice

Nov 3, 2023, 3:52:09 PM11/3/23
You need to go directly to the forums and not the site's main page which uses flash which is no longer supported. Are you doing that?

http://www.bgonline.org/forums/

Stick

Backgammon Finesse

Nov 4, 2023, 7:01:17 AM11/4/23
пятница, 3 ноября 2023 г. в 22:52:09 UTC+3, Stick Rice:
nah, didnt work.
ok maybe problem is that im from Russia...but anyway i dont think so problem is on my side.
i hope soon i'll try with vpn

Stick Rice

Nov 7, 2023, 3:14:45 AM11/7/23
I haven't had anyone from anywhere else in the world report an issue to me for what it's worth.

Stick

MK

Nov 8, 2023, 3:41:15 AM11/8/23
On November 7, 2023 at 1:14:45 AM UTC-7, Stick Rice wrote:

> I haven't had anyone from anywhere else in the
> world report an issue to me for what it's worth.

I for one am able to access the forum just fine.

It was an unexpected surprise to see some posts
other than ainine daily position discussions, such
as Tim's "giving math" to the idle whores waiting
for customers at your bordello. :) See for example:

https://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?read=211771

Down from predicting 32-bit Mersenne Twister
dice numbers after just 7-8 rolls in RGB, there in
BGO he is lecturing about "math/logic" puzzles to
predict numbers, colors, etc. drawn from 52-card
decks shuffled using 8-bit Mersenne Twister... :)

Someone must have put him where he belongs... ;)

MK