Angry residents want to boot school board member for supporting masks -- and she's a pediatrician

risky biz

Sep 19, 2021, 3:15:25 PM9/19/21
'Dr. Tracie Newman is a pediatrician, county public health officer and mother of three who was the top vote-getter just last year when she ran for the school board in Fargo, ND.

Now, thousands of angry anti-maskers "have gathered signatures to remove her from the board organized protests and questioned Dr. Newman's integrity at school-board meetings" the Wall Street Journal reports today. At issue is her recommendation that students continue to wear masks at school this fall.

"'People are questioning my motives and my ability as a pediatrician," Dr. Newman said."'That's never happened to me in my professional life.'

"The effort to oust Dr. Newman is one of more than 60 recall efforts of board members this year in school districts across the country, according to election-data website Ballotpedia. That is the most in the 15 years Ballotpedia has kept track. Some 60% mention Covid-19 restrictions as a motivation to unseat board members."

Dr. Newman is one of four Fargo school board members facing a recall election, the Journal reports. And that's not the half of it.

"A few months ago, Dr. Newman received a Hero Award from Sanford Health, the regional hospital system where she works, for her dedication and leadership in getting children safely back in school. The local YWCA nominated her to be Woman of the Year.

"Now she's entering school-board meetings through a back door to avoid angry parents," the Journal reports. "People sent photos of her unmasked at a gala event to the local paper, saying they were evidence of her hypocrisy.

"She said people have left her threatening voice mails, accused her of taking kickbacks from mask manufacturers and threatened to derail her career. In a city of 120,000, she feels constantly watched.'
https://www.rawstory.com/school-boards/

Tim Norfolk

Sep 19, 2021, 8:22:08 PM9/19/21
"She's a witch. Burn her."

People have not changed in centuries.

joeturn

Sep 20, 2021, 12:06:31 AM9/20/21
On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 3:15:25 PM UTC-4, risky biz wrote:
So far all the said recipients of the bogus Covid has been wearing mask,washing their hands with purell and using plenty of saturated toilet paper.The Government is still paying out the yang yang for hospitals and doctors for all the deaths they claim were covid related.Dont you people realize there will never be a vaccination to cure covid.If such were possible the food and drug administration would go out of bidniz. It would have to cure the common cold,the flew,pneumonia.bronchitis with a single dose and there would never be a shingles out break ever again$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dutch

Sep 20, 2021, 12:29:45 AM9/20/21
Welcome back joe, every group needs a resident mental case.

BTSinAustin

Sep 20, 2021, 11:27:41 AM9/20/21
That's not Joe, it's Morgan Freeman

risky biz