Texas Governor signs HB3907, Critical race theory – Ban school books or burn them

VegasJerry

Oct 15, 2021, 8:33:27 PM10/15/21
THE WASHINGTON POST

Texas school official tells teachers that Holocaust books should be countered with ‘opposing’ views

A NORTH TEXAS SCHOOL DISTRICT apologized late Thursday after an
administrator advised teachers that if they have books about the Holocaust
in their classrooms, they should also include reading materials that have
“opposing” perspectives of the genocide that killed millions of Jews.

During a training session on what books teachers can have in their classroom
libraries, Gina Peddy, executive director of curriculum and instruction for
the Carroll Independent School District, referenced a new Texas law that
requires educators to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely
debated and currently controversial” issues.

“Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Peddy said on
Oct. 8, according to a recording obtained by NBC News, which first reported
the story. “And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust that you
have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”

“How do you oppose the Holocaust?” one teacher said in response, sounding baffled.

“Believe me,” Peddy said, “that’s come up.”

Lane Ledbetter, superintendent for Carroll ISD in Southlake, Tex., apologized
late Thursday and acknowledged the authenticity of the recording.

“During the conversations with teachers, comments made were in no way to convey
the Holocaust was anything less than a terrible event in history,” Ledbetter said
in a statement posted to Facebook. “Additionally, we recognize there are not two
sides of the Holocaust.”

Peddy did not immediately respond to requests for comment early Friday. A
spokesperson with the school district shared the statement posted on social
media when reached by The Washington Post.

The incident in North Texas is the latest example of how schools, educators
and parents nationwide are clashing over what can and can’t be taught in the
classroom. Much of the focus has been on the teaching of history, LGBTQ
issues and race, specifically critical race theory — an academic framework
for examining the way laws and policies perpetuate systemic racism.
Conservative lawmakers and right-leaning news outlets have seized on critical
race theory in recent months.

When Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) signed HB 3979 into law on Sept. 1, the
state prohibited teachers from discussing “a particular current event or
widely debated and currently controversial issue of public policy or social
affairs.” The law states that if a teacher does engage in that kind of discussion
in the classroom, the educator is required to “explore such issues from diverse
and contending perspectives without giving deference to any one perspective.”

More:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2021/10/15/holocaust-texas-school-books-opposing

Satoshi Popinjay

Oct 15, 2021, 8:52:55 PM10/15/21
What holocaust?

Bill Vanek

Oct 15, 2021, 9:28:18 PM10/15/21
On Oct 15, 2021, Satoshi Popinjay wrote
(in article<1d047543-89b7-47d2...@googlegroups.com>):
Jan 6 riots. 5 people died. Sure, none of those deaths were related, but
still. They died. Have you noticed how Tim and his ilk dismiss any claims of,
say, blood clots from a vaccine because those things happen all the time
anyway, but when heart attacks happen within a 5 mile radius of some noisy
republicans, those republicans are responsible?

Satoshi Popinjay

Oct 15, 2021, 9:52:59 PM10/15/21
On Friday, October 15, 2021 at 6:28:18 PM UTC-7, Bill Vanek wrote:

> Jan 6 riots. 5 people died. Sure, none of those deaths were related, but
> still. They died. Have you noticed how Tim and his ilk dismiss any claims of,
> say, blood clots from a vaccine because those things happen all the time
> anyway, but when heart attacks happen within a 5 mile radius of some noisy
> republicans, those republicans are responsible?

No, I guess I hadn't noticed that. I always thought Tim and his ilk were so fair and objective. I'll have to pay more attention.

Bill Vanek

Oct 15, 2021, 10:28:12 PM10/15/21
On Oct 15, 2021, Satoshi Popinjay wrote
(in article<0bf570b0-969f-4839...@googlegroups.com>):
Well, *they* think they are. That might explain the confusion...

Dutch

Oct 16, 2021, 12:33:19 AM10/16/21
If Antifa rioters brutally beat and tasered 150 police officers would
you say they were just being "noisy"?

As far as I know none of the rioters are being charged with murder.

Dutch

Oct 16, 2021, 12:34:41 AM10/16/21
Do *you* think you are?

VegasJerry

Oct 16, 2021, 11:10:07 AM10/16/21
> What holy cause.

Holocaust! Holocaust! can't you even read?

Tim Norfolk

Oct 16, 2021, 4:02:27 PM10/16/21
And now you have to lie about me, which tells me that you know that you are wrong.

Go read what I said: Possible blood clots from Covid vaccines are at least an order of magnitude less likely than blood clots from Covid infection.

Bill Vanek

Oct 16, 2021, 10:07:50 PM10/16/21
On Oct 15, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <skdkm9$unh$1...@dont-email.me>):
If I were a liberal I would just call that a summer of love. Just ask the
Portland/Seattle/Minneapolis cops, among many others.

> As far as I know none of the rioters are being charged with murder.

No, but they were certainly determined to find Sicknick’s “murderer”.

Bill Vanek

Oct 16, 2021, 10:10:31 PM10/16/21
On Oct 16, 2021, Tim Norfolk wrote
(in article<cb84ee25-1978-41e0...@googlegroups.com>):
You have been very dismissive of any claims of possible causation with the
vaccine, going on about the statistics of random occurrences in the general
population. You were not dismissive of any claims of causation of deaths at
the Jan 6 riots. I don’t think I lied.

Dutch

Oct 17, 2021, 2:43:07 AM10/17/21
Never heard anything remotely like that.. quote please.

>> As far as I know none of the rioters are being charged with murder.
>
> No, but they were certainly determined to find Sicknick’s “murderer”.

It was reported he was hit on the head with a fire extinguisher, should
they not have investigated that?

150 cops violently assaulted in a four hour period, many suffering
serious injuries. Five dead including the aftermath. Show me anything
comparable from a left wing protest.

Tim Norfolk

Oct 17, 2021, 11:38:04 AM10/17/21
Then you didn't even bother to check. You just blow more hot air and continue to claim that you are correct.

VegasJerry

Oct 17, 2021, 3:41:39 PM10/17/21
It remains worthless cowardly motherfucker to show anything.
He's an obvious fool and tool of the right. He can only Run & Hide.
He's simply to be battered, bashed and buttfucked as all the
fools on the right have been.

Bill Vanek

Oct 17, 2021, 8:21:20 PM10/17/21
On Oct 17, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <skgglm$e1j$1...@dont-email.me>):
Portland mayor.

> > > As far as I know none of the rioters are being charged with murder.
> >
> > No, but they were certainly determined to find Sicknick’s “murderer”.
>
> It was reported he was hit on the head with a fire extinguisher, should
> they not have investigated that?

Of course, and when no trauma of any sort is found, that should have been the
end of it. But it dragged on and on because it was useful.

> 150 cops violently assaulted in a four hour period, many suffering
> serious injuries. Five dead including the aftermath. Show me anything
> comparable from a left wing protest.

Open your fucking eyes. An entire year of ongoing riots in at least three
cities. It shouldn’t be hard to find out how many cops were hurt. They
tried to burn a building after trapping cops inside. I’m sure there was
silence from your handlers, so of course you wouldn’t know that, or
anything else.

Bill Vanek

Oct 17, 2021, 8:22:07 PM10/17/21
On Oct 17, 2021, Tim Norfolk wrote
(in article<def65ca4-8447-482b...@googlegroups.com>):
What have I claimed I am correct about? That people should have open minds?
I’ll stand by that.

Dutch

Oct 18, 2021, 1:47:13 AM10/18/21
Not a quote.

>>> No, but they were certainly determined to find Sicknick’s “murderer”.
>>
>> It was reported he was hit on the head with a fire extinguisher, should
>> they not have investigated that?
>
> Of course, and when no trauma of any sort is found, that should have been the
> end of it. But it dragged on and on because it was useful.
>
>> 150 cops violently assaulted in a four hour period, many suffering
>> serious injuries. Five dead including the aftermath. Show me anything
>> comparable from a left wing protest.
>
> Open your fucking eyes. An entire year of ongoing riots in at least three
> cities. It shouldn’t be hard to find out how many cops were hurt. They
> tried to burn a building after trapping cops inside. I’m sure there was
> silence from your handlers, so of course you wouldn’t know that, or
> anything else.

There were hundreds, maybe thousands of BLM protests in cities around
the world, that went on for months. And you *think there must have been*
a lot of cops harmed, and that is equivalent to 150 injured in four
hours. You are a bad joke.>

Bill Vanek

Oct 18, 2021, 12:07:17 PM10/18/21
On Oct 18, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <skj1or$net$1...@dont-email.me>):
Here ya go, Leni:
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/police-chief-association-releases-number-
of-officers-injured-nationwide-during-violent-protests/article_db673920-34ab-
11eb-9431-a3e24704f86a.html

2,000 injured in just over 30 days last year at the BLM/antifa riots. I’m
also sure you know (LOL, I love saying that because you don’t know
anything) that an injury can be anything from a fucking scratch to a cracked
skull. Cops were killed at BLM/antifa riots, no one except a protester killed
by a cop was killed at the DC "January of love". You are dumb.

risky biz

Oct 18, 2021, 5:07:38 PM10/18/21
On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 9:07:17 AM UTC-7, Bill Vanek wrote:

~ Here ya go, Leni:
> https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/police-chief-association-releases-number-
> of-officers-injured-nationwide-during-violent-protests/article_db673920-34ab-
> 11eb-9431-a3e24704f86a.html
>
> 2,000 injured in just over 30 days last year at the BLM/antifa riots. I’m
> also sure you know (LOL, I love saying that because you don’t know
> anything) that an injury can be anything from a fucking scratch to a cracked
> skull. Cops were killed at BLM/antifa riots, no one except a protester killed
> by a cop was killed at the DC "January of love". You are dumb.

Please flush this trash line you're pushing down the nearest shithole. No one in 'antifa' was EVER a threat to our constiututional order or attempted a putsch against our representative democracy.

If George Washington had been commander of the army on Jan. 6, 2021 Donald Trump would have been swinging from a gallows on Jan. 7, 2021. The fact that he wasn't is a measure of the moral decline of America.

Dutch

Oct 18, 2021, 5:47:19 PM10/18/21
8700 protests, 2000 reported injuries to police officers, that is less
than 1/4 of one injury per protest. No officer deaths reported directly
or indirectly related to the protests. Thank you for making my point.

And lets not lose sight of the reason for the protests.

The BLM marches were in reaction to a police officer murdering an
unarmed citizen, and police mistreatment of blacks in general. In other
words, a worthy cause.

The Jan 6 insurrection, besides being infinitely more violent and deadly
by comparison, was in response to, and an attempt to interfere with the
certification of a free and fair election. In other words, sedition.

Bill Vanek

Oct 18, 2021, 10:40:41 PM10/18/21
On Oct 18, 2021, risky biz wrote
(in article<b6e24ba2-516b-4a52...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 9:07:17 AM UTC-7, Bill Vanek wrote:
>
> > Here ya go, Leni:
> > https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/police-chief-association-releases-number-
> > of-officers-injured-nationwide-during-violent-protests/article_db673920-34ab
> > -
> > 11eb-9431-a3e24704f86a.html
> >
> > 2,000 injured in just over 30 days last year at the BLM/antifa riots. I’m
> > also sure you know (LOL, I love saying that because you don’t know
> > anything) that an injury can be anything from a fucking scratch to a cracked
> > skull. Cops were killed at BLM/antifa riots, no one except a protester
> > killed
> > by a cop was killed at the DC "January of love". You are dumb.
>
> Please flush this trash line you're pushing down the nearest shithole. No one
> in 'antifa' was EVER a threat to our constiututional order or attempted a
> putsch against our representative democracy.

Really? How about the “trained Marxists” who founded BLM? You think they
revere our constitution?

Bill Vanek

Oct 18, 2021, 10:44:04 PM10/18/21
On Oct 18, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <skkq12$a6u$1...@dont-email.me>):
LOL, as usual. Pure fucking ignorance. The only “deadly” related incident
was the unarmed protester who was shot dead. If you don’t think the
Portland cops got the shit beat out of them, along with all the building
damage, we both know why. You hide from the truth behind MSNBCNBCNN.

> was in response to, and an attempt to interfere with the
> certification of a free and fair election. In other words, sedition.

And all those other rioters want to do is impose Marxism. Nothing to see
here.

Tim Norfolk

Oct 18, 2021, 11:36:56 PM10/18/21
For one thing, you claimed that I denied that blood clots might be associated with some vaccines, in some circumstances. You are completely dishonest, and when this is pointed out, accuse me of pedantry.

In another thread, you claimed, "Do you know that there are studies that show that most scientific papers/research/studies are wrong, or not duplicable?"

I suspect that you don't have a clue as to how many papers are published in science, nor how much research is done.

risky biz

Oct 19, 2021, 3:52:35 AM10/19/21
~ Really? How about the “trained Marxists” who founded BLM? You think they
> revere our constitution?

I doubt it but I'm not getting anxious about it as long as they aren't organizing a putsch. When they do that they deserve the gallows.

VegasJerry

Oct 19, 2021, 4:52:14 PM10/19/21
> unarmed citizen...

Oh, you KNOW it was murder? What's your evidence?

> and police mistreatment of blacks in general.

"Mistreating" people resisting arrest? How is that?

> In other words, a worthy cause.

Nope, wrong; try some "other words."

VegasJerry

Oct 19, 2021, 4:56:12 PM10/19/21
The dead cops don't count?

> > was in response to, and an attempt to interfere with the
> > certification of a free and fair election. In other words, sedition.

> And all those other rioters want to do is impose Marxism. Nothing to see here.

"And" what? Did you miss the "sedition?"