'inflation surging to a level not seen for more than 30 years'

risky biz

Nov 15, 2021, 2:43:26 AM11/15/21
That is the definition of hyperinflation. For anyone fluent in English.

'Pressure on America’s central bank to raise interest rates has intensified after rising energy costs, supply shortages and increased consumption sent US inflation surging to a level not seen for more than 30 years.

Although the Federal Reserve has repeatedly insisted price pressures will prove “transitory”, financial markets were taken aback by a 6.2% increase in the cost of living in the world’s biggest economy over the past year.

A labor department report released on Wednesday showed prices rose by 0.9% in October alone – more than double the 0.4% jump in September – to push the annual rate of inflation to its highest level since December 1990, a time when global oil prices had risen sharply due to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.'
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/10/inflation-us-latest-high-30-years-economy-predictions

VegasJerry

Nov 15, 2021, 10:02:05 AM11/15/21
.

I’ll say, going great guns. This is the fastest growing economy in the world right now. Mostly because covid’s been dropping down and people like me – locked up for over a year – are out spending with everybody else. Jobs increasing about 500k a month. Unemployment in the tank, and Biden being pressed to open immigration to fill all those Help Wanted signs. And the supply chain stacking up.

Fortunately, Bidens bill with fix the ports and put even more to work. The ribbon cutting ceremonies are going to look funny with Republicans trying to take credit. The Build Back Better Bill has even more jobs and THAT’S going to slow the inflation

Only problem now is anti-vaxers and Red (commie) State governors insisting our kids don’t wear masks so they can spread the virous to each other’s parents and teachers and see how many kids they can kill. And with the numbers heading up the Republicans are hoping the economy dips. What a bunch of assholes.