True or not true?

risky biz

Sep 13, 2021, 4:00:13 PM9/13/21
'The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically.'
-Robert E. Lee

Dutch

Sep 13, 2021, 11:59:05 PM9/13/21
On 2021-09-13 1:00 p.m., risky biz wrote:
> 'The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically.'
> -Robert E. Lee

Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
now forced to do back-breaking work dawn to dusk 12/7/365 just to avoid
being beaten bloody might disagree.

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 5:04:45 AM9/14/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:59:05 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:
> On 2021-09-13 1:00 p.m., risky biz wrote:
> > 'The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically.'
> > -Robert E. Lee

~ Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
> now forced to do back-breaking work dawn to dusk 12/7/365 just to avoid
> being beaten bloody might disagree.

In other words, the Al Sharpton kind of blacks? What about a typical black that was sold into slavery by those same high ranking tribesmen? Slavery in the southern states was just more of the same but with better housing and a better diet.

BTW- 12/7/365 is a gross exaggeration.

Splashie

Sep 14, 2021, 10:17:03 AM9/14/21
Yeah, they had Sundays off:

https://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtid=2&psid=3041

"On a typical plantation, slaves worked ten or more hours a day, "from day clean to first dark," six days a week, with only the Sabbath off. At planting or harvesting time, planters required slaves to stay in the fields 15 or 16 hours a day."

Michael

BillB

Sep 14, 2021, 2:14:40 PM9/14/21
Leave it to riskytard to be an apologist for slavery. Makes perfect sense. He's also an apologist for the government murdering black people with "particular cruelty" in the streets. Starting to see a pattern here?

Dutch

Sep 14, 2021, 2:33:11 PM9/14/21
On 2021-09-14 2:04 a.m., risky biz wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:59:05 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:
>> On 2021-09-13 1:00 p.m., risky biz wrote:
>>> 'The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically.'
>>> -Robert E. Lee
>>>

> ~ Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
>> now forced to do back-breaking work dawn to dusk 12/7/365 just to avoid
>> being beaten bloody might disagree.
>
> In other words, the Al Sharpton kind of blacks?

Don't know what that means..

> What about a typical black that was sold into slavery by those same high ranking tribesmen?

What about him?

> Slavery in the southern states was just more of the same but with better housing and a better diet.
>
> BTW- 12/7/365 is a gross exaggeration.

OMG, I knew you had slid, but defending slavery is bridge too far. Get a
grip dude

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 2:45:39 PM9/14/21
~ OMG, I knew you had slid, but defending slavery is bridge too far. Get a
> grip dude

Are you asserting that they had better housing and a better diet in Africa? Or are you just blabbering?

As far as how free they were in Africa you can re-reference my Phillis Wheatley Peters post:
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/xgkeMjCmLI0/m/XubnA-9wAAAJ

'She was sold by a local chief to a visiting trader'

Was being a slave to an African chieftain freer than slavery on a Southern plantation? Please elaborate.

VegasJerry

Sep 14, 2021, 2:59:19 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:45:39 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:33:11 AM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:
> > >>>

> > > ~ Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
> > >
> > > In other words, the Al Sharpton kind of blacks?
> > Don't know what that means..
> > > What about a typical black that was sold into slavery by those same high ranking tribesmen?
> > What about him?
> > > Slavery in the southern states was just more of the same but with better housing and a better diet.
> > >
> > > BTW- 12/7/365 is a gross exaggeration.
> ~ OMG, I knew you had slid, but defending slavery is bridge too far. Get a
> > grip dude

> Are you asserting that they had better housing and a better diet in Africa? Or are you just blabbering?

Jesus, Risky, just skimming this thing, but Yea, they did. And they weren't beaten, rapped, had their religion stolen, or made into forced labor.

> As far as how free they were in Africa you can re-reference my Phillis Wheatley Peters post:
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/xgkeMjCmLI0/m/XubnA-9wAAAJ
>
> 'She was sold by a local chief to a visiting trader'
>
> Was being a slave to an African chieftain freer than slavery on a Southern plantation? Please elaborate.

No, but for the majority of blacks in Africa, are you saying they're better off being enslaved?

(I suggest you see the true story of Roots).

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 3:05:06 PM9/14/21
~ No, but for the majority of blacks in Africa, are you saying they're better off being enslaved?

> (I suggest you see the true story of Roots).

Just so we can get on the same page why don't you state what you think I said?

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 3:16:40 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:59:19 AM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:45:39 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:

> > > Don't know what that means..
> > > What about him?

> > ~ OMG, I knew you had slid, but defending slavery is bridge too far. Get a
> > > grip dude
>
> > Are you asserting that they had better housing and a better diet in Africa? Or are you just blabbering?

~ Jesus, Risky, just skimming this thing, but Yea, they did.

Slave housing and diet in Africa was better than on a Southern plantation? What was their housing and diet in Africa as slaves? Please elaborate.

~ And they weren't beaten, rapped, had their religion stolen, or made into forced labor.

What religion? Totem poles? They don't seem to have had much attachment to it considering how quickly they forgot it. There used to still be some voodoo around New Orleans. Pickle might be able to elaborate. The blacks I knew as a teenager feared voodoo. When they saw it they would physically flee.

As far as rapping, that is something they choose to do voluntarily 150 years after they've been emancipated. How is that relevant?

They were slaves in Africa. Their African masters sold them. Do you think they weren't beaten or forced into labor as slaves there?

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 3:25:06 PM9/14/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:59:05 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:
> On 2021-09-13 1:00 p.m., risky biz wrote:
> > 'The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically.'
> > -Robert E. Lee

~ Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
> now forced to do back-breaking work dawn to dusk 12/7/365 just to avoid
> being beaten bloody might disagree.

Prince Estabrook, supposed to have been a tribal prince, might think you're full of yourself. He became a revolutionary war hero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Estabrook

He fought in the revolution against the monarchy that you are STILL in thrall to. White fool.

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 3:26:56 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:14:40 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 7:17:03 AM UTC-7, Splashie wrote:
> > > > >
> > > ~ Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
> > > In other words, the Al Sharpton kind of blacks? What about a typical black that was sold into slavery by those same high ranking tribesmen? Slavery in the southern states was just more of the same but with better housing and a better diet.
> > >
> > > BTW- 12/7/365 is a gross exaggeration.
> > Yeah, they had Sundays off:
> >
> > https://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtid=2&psid=3041
> >
> > "On a typical plantation, slaves worked ten or more hours a day, "from day clean to first dark," six days a week, with only the Sabbath off. At planting or harvesting time, planters required slaves to stay in the fields 15 or 16 hours a day."
> >
> > Michael

~ Leave it to riskytard to be an apologist for slavery. Makes perfect sense. He's also an apologist for the government murdering black people with "particular cruelty" in the streets. Starting to see a pattern here?

Not to mention that a certain blabbermouth in Vancouver is horrendously butthurt.🤣

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 4:48:32 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 7:17:03 AM UTC-7, Splashie wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 2:04:45 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> > > >
> > ~ Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
> > > now forced to do back-breaking work dawn to dusk 12/7/365 just to avoid
> > > being beaten bloody might disagree.
> > In other words, the Al Sharpton kind of blacks? What about a typical black that was sold into slavery by those same high ranking tribesmen? Slavery in the southern states was just more of the same but with better housing and a better diet.
> >
> > BTW- 12/7/365 is a gross exaggeration.

~ Yeah, they had Sundays off:

> https://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtid=2&psid=3041
>
> "On a typical plantation, slaves worked ten or more hours a day, "from day clean to first dark," six days a week, with only the Sabbath off. At planting or harvesting time, planters required slaves to stay in the fields 15 or 16 hours a day."
>
> Michael

Please reference my Liberia post:

'Believing themselves different from and culturally and educationally superior to the indigenous peoples..'
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/XmjgXdldiyE/m/Vk3CnJMxAgAJ

Guess what? Your 'Digital History' reference MAY BE FULL OF SHIT. That may not be apparent if you're ignorant and unquestioningly believe what 'everyone knows'.

Dutch

Sep 14, 2021, 6:01:31 PM9/14/21
On 2021-09-14 11:45 a.m., risky biz wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:33:11 AM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:
>>>>>

>>> ~ Which blacks, living where and when? A respected high ranking tribesman
>>>
>>> In other words, the Al Sharpton kind of blacks?
>> Don't know what that means..
>>> What about a typical black that was sold into slavery by those same high ranking tribesmen?
>> What about him?
>>> Slavery in the southern states was just more of the same but with better housing and a better diet.
>>>
>>> BTW- 12/7/365 is a gross exaggeration.
>
> ~ OMG, I knew you had slid, but defending slavery is bridge too far. Get a
>> grip dude
>
> Are you asserting that they had better housing and a better diet in Africa? Or are you just blabbering?

You get no relief from your moral crimes by arguing that you are giving
your victims better food than they had before, or that other people
enslaved them first. If you bought Asian sex slaves you would be no less
a monster if the girls were previously sex slaves in Asia.

> As far as how free they were in Africa you can re-reference my Phillis Wheatley Peters post:
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/xgkeMjCmLI0/m/XubnA-9wAAAJ
>
> 'She was sold by a local chief to a visiting trader'
>
> Was being a slave to an African chieftain freer than slavery on a Southern plantation? Please elaborate.

What does it matter? Are you trying to claim a moral victory for
slaveholders?

BillB

Sep 14, 2021, 6:05:40 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 3:01:31 PM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:
> On 2021-09-14 11:45 a.m., risky biz wrote:

> >> Don't know what that means..
> >> What about him?

> > ~ OMG, I knew you had slid, but defending slavery is bridge too far. Get a
> >> grip dude
> >
> > Are you asserting that they had better housing and a better diet in Africa? Or are you just blabbering?

> You get no relief from your moral crimes by arguing that you are giving
> your victims better food than they had before, or that other people
> enslaved them first. If you bought Asian sex slaves you would be no less
> a monster if the girls were previously sex slaves in Asia.

Most people grow out of the "But they did it too!" defense by the time they are seven. Apparently riskytard's moral development stagnated at about the same time as his arithmetic skills.

Dutch

Sep 14, 2021, 6:46:34 PM9/14/21
Risky is engaging in the most craven version of moral relativism.

Dutch

Sep 14, 2021, 6:48:41 PM9/14/21
Jesus, what a shit-slinger.

Splashie

Sep 14, 2021, 6:59:06 PM9/14/21
WTF does your cite have to do with mine?

Dutch: Slaves were forced to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Risky: That's a gross exaggeration.
Me: <provides cite that slaves worked 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week, 364 days a year> (they probably got Xmas off too)
Risky: LOOK AT LIBERIA!

Am I supposed to be surprised that people that were subject to brutal oppression in America, upon receiving an opportunity to escape that oppression in Africa, themselves turned into oppressors? Are you completely unfamiliar with the concept that people subjected to physical or emotional abuse while growing up often turn into inflictors of abuse themselves?

It may be possible for someone to be more morally dense and intellectually dishonest than you, but I doubt it. You've firmly surpassed "Irish" Mike in that category.

Michael

VegasJerry

Sep 14, 2021, 7:24:14 PM9/14/21
I simply answered your question; why can't you answer mine?

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 7:34:30 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 3:59:06 PM UTC-7, Splashie wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:48:32 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:

> > ~ Yeah, they had Sundays off:
> > >
> > > https://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtid=2&psid=3041
> > >
> > > "On a typical plantation, slaves worked ten or more hours a day, "from day clean to first dark," six days a week, with only the Sabbath off. At planting or harvesting time, planters required slaves to stay in the fields 15 or 16 hours a day."
> > >
> > > Michael
> > Please reference my Liberia post:
> >
> > 'Believing themselves different from and culturally and educationally superior to the indigenous peoples..'
> > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/XmjgXdldiyE/m/Vk3CnJMxAgAJ
> >
> > Guess what? Your 'Digital History' reference MAY BE FULL OF SHIT. That may not be apparent if you're ignorant and unquestioningly believe what 'everyone knows'.

~ WTF does your cite have to do with mine?

> Dutch: Slaves were forced to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
> Risky: That's a gross exaggeration.
> Me: <provides cite that slaves worked 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week, 364 days a year> (they probably got Xmas off too)
> Risky: LOOK AT LIBERIA!
>
> Am I supposed to be surprised that people that were subject to brutal oppression in America, upon receiving an opportunity to escape that oppression in Africa, themselves turned into oppressors? Are you completely unfamiliar with the concept that people subjected to physical or emotional abuse while growing up often turn into inflictors of abuse themselves?
>
> It may be possible for someone to be more morally dense and intellectually dishonest than you, but I doubt it. You've firmly surpassed "Irish" Mike in that category.
>
> Michael

If 'slaves worked ten or more hours a day, "from day clean to first dark," six days a week, with only the Sabbath off' (your reference) did they develop the opinion that they were 'different from and culturally and educationally superior to the indigenous peoples' (my reference) BY MAGIC? It's glaring evidence that your reference is full of shit. You still can't grasp it after I put it right in front of your face. You're a dimwit.

risky biz

Sep 14, 2021, 7:36:07 PM9/14/21
~ I simply answered your question; why can't you answer mine?

Because your questions aren't relevant to anything I said.

VegasJerry

Sep 14, 2021, 7:52:05 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 12:16:40 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:59:19 AM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:

> > > ~ OMG, I knew you had slid, but defending slavery is bridge too far. Get a
> >
> > > Are you asserting that they had better housing and a better diet in Africa? Or are you just blabbering?
> ~ Jesus, Risky, just skimming this thing, but Yea, they did.

> Slave housing and diet in Africa was better than on a Southern plantation?

Yes. Why would they NOT eat good and HTF would "Eating a better-balanced bowel of gruel" justify being enslaved?

> What was their housing and diet in Africa as slaves? Please elaborate.

Let's see. They, as societies, grew crops, they hunted animals, they made bread, they fished. "Gee, I'd sure rather be a beaten slave and have American grown food?"

> ~ And they weren't beaten, rapped, had their religion stolen, or made into forced labor.
>
> What religion? Totem poles?

Muslims, Voodoo; a mix of superstitions, just like Americans deal with.

> They don't seem to have had much attachment to it considering how quickly they forgot it.

Jesus (heh) where the hell you getting this information? Many maintained their religions as best they could (having to hide it).

> There used to still be some voodoo around New Orleans. Pickle might be able to elaborate.
> The blacks I knew as a teenager feared voodoo. When they saw it they would physically flee.

Heh; how about a religion that swings a smoking brass around on a chain by a guy dressing in a large, pointed hat (after just forcing his child helper to suck his dick)? Why didn’t those kids run?

> As far as rapping, that is something they choose to do voluntarily 150 years after
> they've been emancipated. How is that relevant?

And the white priest that rapes? We're getting away from it here. You still seem to be justifying kidnapping people, enslaving them, taking their freedom and religion from them as justified because they ate better?

> They were slaves in Africa.

So? There were slaves in America (American Indians enslaved their captured enemy, early American women were enslaved as wives, no vote, can't own property...). There were enslaved Hawaiians. There have been people all over the world enslaved. Is this your justification for enslaving them, taking their freedom and religion?

> Their African masters sold them.

As did all slave masters I mentioned.

> Do you think they weren't beaten or forced into labor as slaves there?

Is THAT your justification for the history of American slavery? We did them a favor?

> > > As far as how free they were in Africa you can re-reference my Phillis Wheatley Peters post:
> > > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/xgkeMjCmLI0/m/XubnA-9wAAAJ
> > >
> > > 'She was sold by a local chief to a visiting trader'
> > >
> > > Was being a slave to an African chieftain freer than slavery on a Southern plantation? Please elaborate.
> > No, but for the majority of blacks in Africa, are you saying they're better off being enslaved?
> >
> > (I suggest you see the true story of Roots).

See Roots… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roots:_The_Saga_of_an_American_Family

VegasJerry

Sep 14, 2021, 7:56:14 PM9/14/21
Heh, knew you couldn't answer...

risky biz

Sep 15, 2021, 2:21:55 PM9/15/21
~ See Roots… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roots:_The_Saga_of_an_American_Family

Why do you keep trying to justify slavery?

VegasJerry

Sep 15, 2021, 3:35:09 PM9/15/21
NO ANSWER NOTED!

.
> > Jesus (heh) where the hell you getting this information?

NO ANSWER NOTED!

> > > Many maintained their religions as best they could (having to hide it).
> > > There used to still be some voodoo around New Orleans. Pickle might be able to elaborate.
> > > The blacks I knew as a teenager feared voodoo. When they saw it they would physically flee.

> > Heh; how about a religion that swings a smoking brass around on a chain by a guy dressing in a large, pointed hat (after just forcing his child helper to suck his dick)? Why didn’t those kids run?

NO ANSWER NOTED!

> > > As far as rapping, that is something they choose to do voluntarily 150 years after
> > > they've been emancipated. How is that relevant?

> > And the white priest that rapes? We're getting away from it here. You still seem to be justifying kidnapping people, enslaving them, taking their freedom and religion from them as justified because they ate better?

NO ANSWER NOTED!

> > > They were slaves in Africa.

> > So? There were slaves in America (American Indians enslaved their captured enemy, early
> > American women were enslaved as wives, no vote, can't own property...). There were enslaved
> > Hawaiians. There have been people all over the world enslaved. Is this your justification for
> > enslaving them, taking their freedom and religion?

NO ANSWER NOTED!

> > > Their African masters sold them.
> > As did all slave masters I mentioned.

> > > Do you think they weren't beaten or forced into labor as slaves there?

> > Is THAT your justification for the history of American slavery? We did them a favor?

NO ANSWER NOTED!

> ~ See Roots… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roots:_The_Saga_of_an_American_Family
>
> Why do you keep trying to justify slavery?

Bad dodge. Embarrassed much?

risky biz

Sep 17, 2021, 6:29:57 PM9/17/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:00:13 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:

~ 'The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically.'
> -Robert E. Lee

True or not true?

VegasJerry

Sep 17, 2021, 8:09:26 PM9/17/21
Not, and that's been proven.

risky biz

Sep 17, 2021, 8:37:35 PM9/17/21
LOL@'proven':

'Roots faced two lawsuits that charged plagiarism and copyright infringement. The lawsuit brought by Margaret Walker was dismissed, but Harold Courlander's suit was successful. Courlander's novel The African describes an African boy who is captured by slave traders, follows him across the Atlantic on a slave ship, and describes his attempts to hold on to his African traditions on a plantation in America. Haley admitted that some passages from The African had made it into Roots, settling the case out of court in 1978 and paying Courlander $650,000.[26][27]

Genealogists have also disputed Haley's research and conclusions in Roots. The Gambian griot turned out not to be a real griot, and the story of Kunta Kinte appears to have been a case of circular reporting, in which Haley's own words were repeated back to him.[28][29] None of the written records in Virginia and North Carolina line up with the Roots story until after the Civil War. Some elements of Haley's family story can be found in the written records, but the most likely genealogy would be different from the one described in Roots.[30]

Haley and his work have been excluded from the Norton Anthology of African-American Literature, despite his status as the United States' best-selling black author. Harvard University professor Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., one of the anthology's general editors, has denied that the controversies surrounding Haley's works are the reason for this exclusion. In 1998, Dr. Gates acknowledged the doubts surrounding Haley's claims about Roots, saying, "Most of us feel it's highly unlikely that Alex actually found the village whence his ancestors sprang. Roots is a work of the imagination rather than strict historical scholarship."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Haley#Works

Anyway, I think his best fiction was this screenplay:

'Super Fly T.N.T. is a 1973 American blaxploitation crime drama film directed and starring Ron O'Neal. Soundtrack by Osibisa. O'Neal reprises his role of Youngblood Priest from the 1972 film Super Fly. The film was both a critical and commercial failure..'

Different strokes for different folks.

risky biz

Sep 17, 2021, 9:11:21 PM9/17/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:00:13 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> 'The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically.'
> -Robert E. Lee

~Jerry said: Are Africans, that are living - healthy - in Africa, farming, hunting, fishing, trading with other African groups, holding their religious services and ceremonies

They weren't 'healthy - in Africa farming, hunting, fishing, trading with other African groups, holding their religious services and ceremonies'. They were slaves in Africa.

~ Yea, actually most were. why do you think they were grabbed for slave work?

Slavery to another African tribe must have done wonders for their health? I guess you know everything.

~ Where some were, most weren't. So you going to answer the question?

Any African sold to a white slave trader was a slave. The logic is inexorable.

Guess under what kind of conditions.

Dutch

Sep 17, 2021, 11:38:43 PM9/17/21
Oh for God sakes. Which blacks, when? Which part, morally? socially?
physically? All of the above?

What the hell is your point?

Dutch

Sep 18, 2021, 1:21:06 AM9/18/21
On 2021-09-17 6:11 p.m., risky biz wrote:
> Any African sold to a white slave trader was a slave.

If they were "sold" then logically of course. But even if every slave
was captured by other Africans, so what? By buying the slave the
American perpetuated the slavery. And you don't think that the African
slave traders were capturing people for the purpose of selling them to
whites? Good business. You are still attempting to make excuses for
slavery. Why?