How many posts

da pickle

Jan 29, 2024, 12:56:15 PMJan 29

In the last ten years, there have been almost 200,000 posts to RGP.

The last year represents the least "good".

It was once a great place.

www.avg.com

Tim Norfolk

Jan 30, 2024, 3:17:34 PMJan 30
And it is clear that most, like me, are using google groups, and won't be back. End of an era.

da pickle

Feb 1, 2024, 12:08:06 PMFeb 1
text.giganews.com

much better

Tom W.

Feb 5, 2024, 11:41:21 PMFeb 5
On Monday, January 29, 2024 at 12:56:15 PM UTC-5, da pickle wrote:
Wow, havent been on here in some 15 odd years or more, sad to see it go.

da pickle

Feb 6, 2024, 9:54:31 AMFeb 6
On 2/5/2024 10:41 PM, Tom W. wrote:
> On Monday, January 29, 2024 at 12:56:15 PM UTC-5, da pickle wrote:
>> In the last ten years, there have been almost 200,000 posts to RGP.
>>
>> The last year represents the least "good".
>>
>> It was once a great place.
>> www.avg.com

> Wow, havent been on here in some 15 odd years or more, sad to see it go.

It is indeed GONE ...

Tim Norfolk

Feb 6, 2024, 1:31:22 PMFeb 6
Looks like most people used google groups.

End of an era.

da pickle

Feb 6, 2024, 3:54:02 PMFeb 6
Some used

text.giganews.com

much better

Grunty

Feb 6, 2024, 5:04:20 PMFeb 6
Take BKS's example and follow him to alt.politics. He realised this group is no longer worthy of his time.
He seems to have found his place in the world there, posting links and excerpts like a maniac, in a vain hope of leaning the election against Trump.

Tim Norfolk

Feb 6, 2024, 9:50:46 PMFeb 6
It applies to all groups, and I don't intend to change newsreaders.

da pickle

Feb 7, 2024, 10:47:30 AMFeb 7
alt.politics apparently is not the only group that BKS has clobbered.

He is a strange one.

VegasJerry

Feb 7, 2024, 4:15:25 PMFeb 7
.

What? BKS is on ALT.POLITICS? Where do I sign up?

….. Aw, shit. Looks like I must catch up to the world… again…

I used to use to peruse a site called (whatever it was called) when I drift around, ALT.SPORTS.FOOTBALL and all that. About 20,000 bulletin boards. (I built a BBS, back in the 80's)

Then I got a site of my own ALT.SUPPORT.IMPOTENCE that I ran. This was around 1995+. I ran two doctors, a nurse and a support staff for helping people. Then I spread it to four more sites, where I appointed others to run. Then they (whatever they’re called) said, “No more access.”

So, I made www.alt-support-impotence.com and ran that for a while. Then turned it all over to the staff as my government job took all my time.

Then, years later, I heard of Google Groups and – somehow – ended up here with this poker group, RGP. I don’t know how long I’ve been here, but we used to play Last Longest on PokerStars, till that shut down. Now Google Groups is shutting down. So, I see this NEXT move (over the last 30+years) is to Usenet. (*sigh*).

“Nothing to it, just use text.giganews.com. Yea, okay. “Oh, but you’ll need a ‘Newsreader,’ ‘cause this ain’t a Browser thing.”

Okay, where do I get a Reader? (I remember using one about 10-years ago, but I don’t remember where or why). “Well, if you got Outlook, (which I do) use it. Simply do these 87 different things and pick some channels and links and options and you’re in!”

With the medicine I’m one, I’m lucky to access my email.. So I guess I buy a Newsreader – from somewhere (so I don’t crash my Outlook). Then – somehow – get to ALT.POLITICS, etc.

Am I getting too old for this shit?

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 7, 2024, 4:22:31 PMFeb 7
VegasJerry <jer...@cox.net> wrote:
>What? BKS is on ALT.POLITICS? Where do I sign up?

talk.politics.misc

--bks

da pickle

Feb 7, 2024, 5:41:06 PMFeb 7
Thunderbird

da pickle

Feb 7, 2024, 5:42:40 PMFeb 7
or alt.politics

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 7, 2024, 7:21:21 PMFeb 7
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/7/2024 3:22 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> VegasJerry <jer...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> What? BKS is on ALT.POLITICS? Where do I sign up?
>>
>> talk.politics.misc
>
>or alt.politics

While I often post to both alt.politics and talk.politics.misc,
I might post to the latter without posting to the former. But
not vice versa. YMMV

--bks