OT : Shotgun for Christmas

1 view

mo_charles

Dec 28, 2009, 11:18:38 AM12/28/09
my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.

mo_charles

---�
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

BTSinAustin

Dec 28, 2009, 11:31:13 AM12/28/09
On Dec 28 2009 11:18 AM, mo_charles wrote:

> my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> mo_charles

I have been thinking an 870 is in order. What did you get?

----�

mo_charles

Dec 28, 2009, 11:43:58 AM12/28/09
> > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> I have been thinking an 870 is in order. What did you get?

lefty rem 870 exp. it's my first gun. i'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant
chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen
(http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun.html).
i wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?

mo_charles

----�

Gary Carson

Dec 28, 2009, 11:52:24 AM12/28/09
On Dec 28 2009 10:18 AM, mo_charles wrote:

> my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.

If you actually think liberals aren't armed you really should get out of
the city every now and then (even Rosie has a handgun).

________________________________________________________________________�

Kingo Gondo

Dec 28, 2009, 11:45:45 AM12/28/09

"BTSinAustin" <a1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> On Dec 28 2009 11:18 AM, mo_charles wrote:
>
>> my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
>> lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
>> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>>
>> mo_charles
>

> I have been thinking an 870 is in order. What did you get?

Are you talking about for self-defense?

The plus is that the 870 is the most common, and thus the most customizable,
with all kinds of aftermarket accessories. The Mossberg 500 series is not
that far behind, however.

The bad thing is that Remington has gone cheap on the 870, with plastic
where it does not belong and poor QC. You can undo most of the penny saving
that Remington has done, but it will wind up costing you quite a bit more.

You can pick up a used 870 that is still solid as a tank. Or you can do what
I did and buy this:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/173/products_id/60309

This Browning is solid as a motherfucking rock. As a bottom ejector, it is
also ambidextrous, so if you have people in your household who are
left-handed, no problem.

But for serious social work I also have this:

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF005&gid=FNG002&mid=FNM0018

Good God, what a monster! You can throw so much lead down range so quickly
it is scary. Since I am in prime hurricane country (SE FL), this would be my
long gun of first resort to carry after The Big One.

mo_charles

Dec 28, 2009, 11:55:04 AM12/28/09
> > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> If you actually think liberals aren't armed you really should get out of
> the city every now and then (even Rosie has a handgun).

you're conceding that liberals are pussies?

mo_charles

BTSinAustin

Dec 28, 2009, 11:58:35 AM12/28/09
On Dec 28 2009 11:43 AM, mo_charles wrote:

> > > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > > lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> > > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
> >
> > I have been thinking an 870 is in order. What did you get?
>
> lefty rem 870 exp. it's my first gun. i'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant
> chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen
> (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun.html).
> i wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?
>
> mo_charles

Great choice. The 870 can be customized so many ways. Combat mag,
barrels, stocks etc. And still relatively cheap to buy and shoot.

________________________________________________________________________�

Gary Carson

Dec 28, 2009, 11:58:58 AM12/28/09
On Dec 28 2009 10:55 AM, mo_charles wrote:

> > > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > > lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> > > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
> >
> > If you actually think liberals aren't armed you really should get out of
> > the city every now and then (even Rosie has a handgun).
>
> you're conceding that liberals are pussies?

Is there something wrong with that?

mo_charles

Dec 28, 2009, 12:06:47 PM12/28/09
> > you're conceding that liberals are pussies?
>
> Is there something wrong with that?

here are a few democrats that aren't pussies:
http://gothamist.com/2009/12/27/video_bloody_fight_on_the_6_train.php

if one had a gun, the world could've been a better place for the rest of
us.

mo_charles

------�

chandler

Dec 28, 2009, 12:08:37 PM12/28/09
On Dec 28 2009 11:43 AM, mo_charles wrote:

> > > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > > lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> > > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
> >
> > I have been thinking an 870 is in order. What did you get?
>
> lefty rem 870 exp. it's my first gun. i'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant
> chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen
> (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun.html).
> i wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?
>
> mo_charles

Lots of what you would call liberals love guns. She did well. The 870 is
a classic. I believe even long guns need to be registered in the city
now. Make sure you dot your Is and cross your Ts when fullfilling that
requirement.

Chandler

______________________________________________________________________�
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

mo_charles

Dec 28, 2009, 12:13:00 PM12/28/09
> > lefty rem 870 exp. it's my first gun. i'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant
> > chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen

(http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun.html).
> > i wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?
>
> Lots of what you would call liberals love guns. She did well. The 870 is
> a classic. I believe even long guns need to be registered in the city
> now. Make sure you dot your Is and cross your Ts when fullfilling that
> requirement.

true liberals are comrades, chandler. i have a mint foid. the picture i
mailed got exchanged for one of record (my license). my head's shaved,
the pic on the id has piles of hair, the hair descriptor is bald. gotta
love the idiots in government.

mo_charles

-------�

Arlo-Payne

Dec 28, 2009, 1:18:58 PM12/28/09
On Dec 28 2009 9:18 AM, mo_charles wrote:

> my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> mo_charles

Take it from me sleep with one eye open.

I still have spots on my back from Jody and the guns :(

chandler

Dec 28, 2009, 1:59:04 PM12/28/09

You'll shoot your eye out kid... The foid is an easy hoop to jump
through. I know some people who have had some problems with registering
in Chicago. Forgotten what their exact issue was. Yet another revenue
stream for Daley.

Chandler

--------�

mccard

Dec 28, 2009, 2:58:13 PM12/28/09
"mo_charles" <harry...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the
> good
> lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you
> liberal
> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.

Insufficiently armed, the courage to be truly liberal in life,
morality and politics is rare.

pltrgyst

Dec 28, 2009, 3:59:11 PM12/28/09
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:58:35 -0800, "BTSinAustin" <a1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:

>Great choice. The 870 can be customized so many ways. Combat mag,
>barrels, stocks etc. And still relatively cheap to buy and shoot.

Since the 870 has come up: Anyone have any idea what a 1984 Model 870 "Special
Field" in 12 gauge (checkered, straight English-style stocks [no pistol grip],
21-inch ventilated rib barrels in --I think -- full choke, never fired) might be
worth?

-- Larry

raven1

Dec 28, 2009, 4:21:33 PM12/28/09
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:06:47 -0800, "mo_charles"
<harry...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > you're conceding that liberals are pussies?
>>
>> Is there something wrong with that?
>
>here are a few democrats that aren't pussies:
>http://gothamist.com/2009/12/27/video_bloody_fight_on_the_6_train.php
>
>if one had a gun, the world could've been a better place for the rest of
>us.

The NYC newspapers are reserving judgment over whether the whole
incident was staged. Stay tuned.

Paul Popinjay

Dec 28, 2009, 5:23:12 PM12/28/09

> for all you liberal

> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.

To be fair, Mo, the liberals are not trying to disarm anyone. They merely
want safety regulations to be enforced, and guns kept out of the hands of
criminals. The problem is that too many states have lenient gun laws which
makes regulation difficult. What we need is a national gun law to prevent
this. And, Mo, if just one child can be saved, isn't it worth it?

BTSinAustin

Dec 28, 2009, 6:22:24 PM12/28/09

No, we want to maintain the 2nd amendment. We have plenty of gun laws.

______________________________________________________________________�

Dude777

Dec 28, 2009, 6:15:05 PM12/28/09
Paul Popinjay wrote:

> To be fair, Mo, the liberals are not trying to disarm anyone. They merely
> want safety regulations to be enforced, and guns kept out of the hands of
> criminals.

Bull shit. Then why are there *BANS* in place? They wouldn't care if you
had a Fort Knox style gun safe in your home. They want the citizenry
unharmed.

> The problem is that too many states have lenient gun laws which
> makes regulation difficult.

No, idiots and criminals are the problem.

> What we need is a national gun law to prevent
> this.

Second amendment be damed.

> And, Mo, if just one child can be saved, isn't it worth it?

Well hell, let's just ban bicycles and trampolines.

ChrisRobin

Dec 28, 2009, 6:41:01 PM12/28/09
On Dec 28 2009 1:59 PM, chandler wrote:

> You'll shoot your eye out kid... The foid is an easy hoop to jump
> through. I know some people who have had some problems with registering
> in Chicago. Forgotten what their exact issue was. Yet another revenue
> stream for Daley.

I registered with no problem. Just make sure to re-register on time every
year, or they'll likely try to fuck you.

One thing to be wary of � on the registration form, they ask for a
purchase date. However if you've already purchased without first
registering, you've technically already broken the law. I skirted this by
noting "deposit given xx/xx/xx," which apparently worked. No doubt they
work this little loophole into the process so they can deny registrations
whenever they please.

______________________________________________________________________�

Paul Popinjay

Dec 28, 2009, 7:48:13 PM12/28/09

> No, we want to maintain the 2nd amendment. We have plenty of gun laws.

If they had wanted people to own guns then the founders would have said so
before they added the amendments. The second amendment talks about
regulating militias and there is no automatic right for people to own guns
privately. It's the loop holes that is allowing all these violent criminals
to get guns. We need to close the loopholes and adopt a national and more
consistent gun policy in this country, setting much longer waiting periods
and requiring safety courses before people can be licensed to purchase a
firearm. How many children have to die before we can adopt these reasonable
measurements?

Paul Popinjay

Dec 28, 2009, 7:41:54 PM12/28/09
"Dude777" <dud...@dude.mail.com> wrote in message

> Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
>> To be fair, Mo, the liberals are not trying to disarm anyone. They
>> merely want safety regulations to be enforced, and guns kept out of the
>> hands of criminals.
>
> Bull shit. Then why are there *BANS* in place? They wouldn't care if you
> had a Fort Knox style gun safe in your home. They want the citizenry
> unharmed.

Why does the citizenry need to be armed in this day and age when people have
cell phones and you can easily call the police if you need help? If there
were much longer waiting periods then maybe less people would want to go
through the trouble of buying guns and then there would be less for the
crimnals to steal and we would all be safer anyway.

>> The problem is that too many states have lenient gun laws which makes
>> regulation difficult.
>
> No, idiots and criminals are the problem.

No, what the problem is is that ammunition is too available. If there were
more restrictions on ammunition, we would not have so much violence in
society.

>> What we need is a national gun law to prevent this.
>
> Second amendment be damed.

Oh puhleeeese! There is nothing in the second amendment that guarantees
regular people should be allowed to own guns. That was in a time when there
was militias and all they had was muscats.

Adam

Dec 28, 2009, 8:02:59 PM12/28/09
On Dec 29, 11:41 am, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> "Dude777" <dude...@dude.mail.com> wrote in message

> Oh puhleeeese!  There is nothing in the second amendment that guarantees
> regular people should be allowed to own guns.  That was in a time when there
> was militias and all they had was muscats.

They only had grapes? Hard to defend something with a grape.

bub

Dec 28, 2009, 9:14:37 PM12/28/09
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:48:13 -0800, "Paul Popinjay"
<paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>If they had wanted people to own guns then the founders would have said so
>before they added the amendments. The second amendment talks about
>regulating militias and there is no automatic right for people to own guns
>privately. It's the loop holes that is allowing all these violent criminals
>to get guns. We need to close the loopholes and adopt a national and more
>consistent gun policy in this country, setting much longer waiting periods
>and requiring safety courses before people can be licensed to purchase a
>firearm. How many children have to die before we can adopt these reasonable
>measurements?

1. trolling
Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing
one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander,
because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

2. trolling
Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the
internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated
internet community, this can result in banning. When done to uptight
people such as fundies, this can result in hilarity.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

bub

Dec 28, 2009, 9:23:15 PM12/28/09

http://www.shotgunnews.com/

you can try asking on the forum there.

bub

Dec 28, 2009, 9:25:52 PM12/28/09
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:13:00 -0800, "mo_charles"
<harry...@gmail.com> wrote:

>true liberals are comrades, chandler. i have a mint foid. the picture i
>mailed got exchanged for one of record (my license). my head's shaved,
>the pic on the id has piles of hair, the hair descriptor is bald. gotta
>love the idiots in government.
>
>mo_charles

don't have to register rifles here. a handgun permit costs $5. go to
the sheriff's office fill out a form, give them the 5 bucks, you got
your permit in the mail in 2 days.

Paul Popinjay

Dec 28, 2009, 9:33:07 PM12/28/09
"bub" <b...@plottus.com> wrote in message

> 1. trolling
> Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing
> one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander,
> because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
>
> 2. trolling
> Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the
> internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated
> internet community, this can result in banning. When done to uptight
> people such as fundies, this can result in hilarity.

What's this shit? What are you getting on me about? Mo is the one who
started this thread. Get on his ass if you're going to get on anyone.
Besides, Mo is the one with the gun. And seriously, do we really need
people like Mo going around owning guns? Does the 2nd Amendment really
apply to people like Mo? Think about it.

Paul Popinjay

Dec 28, 2009, 9:39:26 PM12/28/09

> don't have to register rifles here. a handgun permit costs $5. go to
> the sheriff's office fill out a form, give them the 5 bucks, you got
> your permit in the mail in 2 days.

Where the fuck do YOU live at? Dodge City?

Will in New Haven

Dec 28, 2009, 10:15:37 PM12/28/09
On Dec 28, 9:33 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

The Ninth Amendment, which says that the people have all the
unenumerated rights that do not appear in the Bill of Rights clearly
means that the citizens of Connecticut, at least, have an _individual_
right to keep and bear arms without reference to any militia. We had
that right when the Constitution was ratified and the Ninth Amendment
says that we still have it.

--
Will in New Haven

croupe

Dec 29, 2009, 1:08:53 AM12/29/09
On Dec 28, 4:23 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> "mo_charles" <harrybal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I still want a tank.

Croupe

Travel A

Dec 29, 2009, 4:17:57 AM12/29/09

The Jayster wrote:
Where the fuck do YOU live at? Dodge City?

I wrote:
Pud won't say where he's from.

I asked Chingachgook if he knew any really dumb indians named Pud who
had internet access, and Chingachgook said: "ugh! he live by great river
where eagle come early. They call him Magua Two Smells of the Huron
nation."

So, hard to say from that. Sounds like he's from Canada somewhere.

Dude777

Dec 29, 2009, 7:18:29 AM12/29/09
Paul Popinjay wrote:

> Why does the citizenry need to be armed in this day and age when people have
> cell phones and you can easily call the police if you need help?

Middle of the night intruders. You want to risk your family's
life/safety on a cell phone and impossibly prompt police response?

chandler

Dec 29, 2009, 7:33:06 AM12/29/09
On Dec 28 2009 6:41 PM, ChrisRobin wrote:

> On Dec 28 2009 1:59 PM, chandler wrote:
>
> > You'll shoot your eye out kid... The foid is an easy hoop to jump
> > through. I know some people who have had some problems with registering
> > in Chicago. Forgotten what their exact issue was. Yet another revenue
> > stream for Daley.
>
> I registered with no problem. Just make sure to re-register on time every
> year, or they'll likely try to fuck you.
>
> One thing to be wary of � on the registration form, they ask for a
> purchase date. However if you've already purchased without first
> registering, you've technically already broken the law. I skirted this by
> noting "deposit given xx/xx/xx," which apparently worked. No doubt they
> work this little loophole into the process so they can deny registrations
> whenever they please.

I think they do work it to deny registrations. This may have been their
problem as it was some sort of collectible and they couldn't get the
numbers off of it until it arrived. I think you can purchase, and just
not bring it in to the city, or say you haven't, until it's registered.

Chandler

________________________________________________________________________�

chandler

Dec 29, 2009, 7:37:11 AM12/29/09
On Dec 28 2009 9:33 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> What's this shit? What are you getting on me about? Mo is the one who
> started this thread. Get on his ass if you're going to get on anyone.
> Besides, Mo is the one with the gun. And seriously, do we really need
> people like Mo going around owning guns? Does the 2nd Amendment really
> apply to people like Mo? Think about it.

I'm sure Mo is all about responsible gun ownership... What could go wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlNIPCirLk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUhUAa3y4rE

Chandler

mo_charles

Dec 29, 2009, 8:38:08 AM12/29/09
> >here are a few democrats that aren't pussies:
> >http://gothamist.com/2009/12/27/video_bloody_fight_on_the_6_train.php
> >
> >if one had a gun, the world could've been a better place for the rest of
> >us.
>
> The NYC newspapers are reserving judgment over whether the whole
> incident was staged. Stay tuned.

has al sharpton seen this nefarious video? i'll bet it was shot by a
white guy ... the angles, the selective editing, the disparaging
commentary on black americans. clearly the work of a racist.

mo_charles

Alim Nassor

Dec 29, 2009, 11:21:06 AM12/29/09
On Dec 29, 12:43 am, "mo_charles" <harrybal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > > lord commanded:  she bought me a shotgun for xmas.  for all you liberal

> > > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> > I have been thinking an 870 is in order.  What did you get?

> lefty rem 870 exp.  it's my first gun.  i'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant
> chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen
> (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun....).

>  i wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?
>
> mo_charles
>
> ----

> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com

Every Christmas since my boys were 12 there has been at least one gun
under the tree for one or both of them. Since they are grown now, we
usually all end up swapping ammo back and forth LOL. This year Igot a
case of 5.56 mm and 2 boxes of .40 SW. I got my oldest son some .45
ACP some .357 Sig and some 5.56. My youngest son got 5000 rounds of .
22

Alim Nassor

Dec 29, 2009, 11:21:45 AM12/29/09
On Dec 29, 12:52 am, "Gary Carson" <garycar...@pokercultureblog.com>
wrote:

> On Dec 28 2009 10:18 AM, mo_charles wrote:
>
> > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > lord commanded:  she bought me a shotgun for xmas.  for all you liberal
> > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> If you actually think liberals aren't armed you really should get out of
> the city every now and then (even Rosie has a handgun).

> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com

Yeah, but Rosie thinks only she should be armed and not the common
people.

Alim Nassor

Dec 29, 2009, 11:25:54 AM12/29/09
On Dec 29, 8:48 am, "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

ARGH!!!< what has happened to the Popinjay we all know and love?

Trolling trolling trolling
keep those lefties trolling
keep those lefties rolling

BTSinAustin

Dec 29, 2009, 12:28:18 PM12/29/09

Yawn. Thank you for playing.

_______________________________________________________________________�

Mrs Iris Mike

Dec 29, 2009, 3:50:58 PM12/29/09
On Dec 28, 8:18 am, "mo_charles" <harrybal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> lord commanded:  she bought me a shotgun for xmas.  for all you liberal
> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> mo_charles
>
> ---

> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com

I think this is wonderful news 'Mo.

Now by gilfriend do you mean beard? or sister?

I can think of no one who should own a gun more than I think you
should own one.

First, thank you for making the US of A the murder epicenter of the
industrial world. We have a murder rate that is 6 times that of most
civilized countries.

Congrats on your new toy. Realize that you are twice as likely to be
shot by your own gun than being shot by another.

Hope your 'girlfriend' knows that if you feel homicidal for a short
period of time, you'll be able to "get 'er done". That murder rate
mentioned above includes tha fact the vast majority of murders are
committed by people close to the victim.

As you shine and polish that bad boy, keep in mind that the USA has a
suicide rate equal to India where the majority live in abject poverty.
Just for kicks, put the barrel in your mouth and know that if a gun is
in the house that the chance of suicide increases by something of the
magnitude of four times. Something to keep in mind when you lose big
at the casino.

Remember, if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. And
where do you think these outlaws will be getting their guns? Number
one prize for burglers is finding a gun, Be sure to tell your
neighbors, they'll be feeling so much safer.

You ever ride through the slums of St Louis? Ever wonder what makes
it such a slum? Gun ownership!!! That's right, it ain't no slum until
everybody has a gun, from Alzhiemer old ladies to lawabiding twelve
year olds. And you have just made your community just that more
American.

No country would ever invade America because of the high rate of gun
ownership. Works in Iraq and Afghanistan, its gotta work here.

One last bit of trivia; the suicide rate doesn't peak during the Xmas
holidays (urban legend), the highest incident rates occur during the
early days of spring. Only 94 shopping days!

Have fun and let us know how things go.

Abbey Johnsson

Dec 29, 2009, 4:12:15 PM12/29/09

uhhhhh....he's not a redneck?

RichD

Dec 29, 2009, 6:20:55 PM12/29/09
Paul Popinjay wrote:
> The problem is that too many states have lenient gun laws which
> makes regulation difficult. What we need is a national gun law to prevent
> this.

We need a WORLD law. We can't depend on a hodgepodge
of inconsistent national laws.

> And, Mo, if just one child can be saved, isn't it worth it?

Indeed.

And, given that more american children die in
swimming pool accidents than from gun cleanings,
we need to ban swimming pools, as honest
compassionate liberals have been pushing for years.

--
Rich

croupe

Dec 29, 2009, 6:59:48 PM12/29/09

Drive by splashings?

Croupe

ContactGSW

Dec 29, 2009, 7:48:29 PM12/29/09
On Dec 29 2009 3:50 PM, Mrs Iris Mike wrote:
ue americans are armed.ink of no one who should own a gun more than I

think you
> should own one.
>
> First, thank you for making the US of A the murder epicenter of the
> industrial world. We have a murder rate that is 6 times that of most
> civilized countries.
>
> Congrats on your new toy. Realize that you are twice as likely to be
> shot by your own gun than being shot by another.

I for one would be out of a job if it were not for America's tradition,
that goes back to the very origins of our country, of the proliferation of
firearm weapons. It is in our DNA Bea, you are living in a fantasy land
if you sit there and think guns will never be an inherent part of our
culture, right or wrong, has been always will be. So keep smacking your
head against that brick wall, its good to see. No part of our country,
from the Revolution to the old west, to East LA has not been influenced
by guns. My brother the trauma surgeon depends on guns. I myself can
count very few things in life that I am good at, much less have an
expertise that less than 500 people have in the country, and that is an
ability to understand, evaluate and interpret the morphological
characteristics of gunshot wounds. God bless America. Oh, my concealed
carry is with me as we speak, thank god this isn't Chicago. In the
immortal words of my concealed carry instructor "we are the good guys,
carry it, and carry it with one jacked in the chamber, otherwise it is
just dead weight"

ContactGSW

Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
like fish.

________________________________________________________________________�

Adam

Dec 29, 2009, 8:21:43 PM12/29/09

Dont get me wrong, I'm mostly pro gun rights (as we have none here)
but carrying must be an awesome responsability, power of life and
death over all you meet really.
What sort of situation would it take to make you take it out in
puplic? I will read in that taking it out is the same as using it as
the former is futile and dangerous if you are not prepared to do the
latter.

Australia - Gun Free for 13 years 9 months with no appreciable
reduction in gun crime or deaths....

ContactGSW

Dec 29, 2009, 10:08:22 PM12/29/09

> Dont get me wrong, I'm mostly pro gun rights (as we have none here)
> but carrying must be an awesome responsability, power of life and
> death over all you meet really.
> What sort of situation would it take to make you take it out in
> puplic? I will read in that taking it out is the same as using it as
> the former is futile and dangerous if you are not prepared to do the
> latter.
>
> Australia - Gun Free for 13 years 9 months with no appreciable
> reduction in gun crime or deaths....

Not really, at the concealed carry course they teach you the law, you
follow it. Carry a little KelTec 380 in a wallet holster in your back
pocket, practice drawing it until you are comfortable, put 100 or so
rounds through it to get to know it, and thats it. Less chance that you
will have to use it than your airbag in the car, but its there.

ContactGSW

Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
like fish.

-------�

ContactGSW

Dec 29, 2009, 10:25:24 PM12/29/09
On Dec 29 2009 10:08 PM, ContactGSW wrote:

> On Dec 29 2009 8:21 PM, Adam wrote:
>

> > On Dec 30, 11:48�ソスam, "ContactGSW" <a1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > > On Dec 29 2009 3:50 PM, Mrs Iris Mike wrote:
> > > ue americans are armed.ink of no one who should own a gun more than I
> > > think you

> > > I for one would be out of a job if it were not for America's tradition,
> > > that goes back to the very origins of our country, of the proliferation
of

> > > firearm weapons. �ソスIt is in our DNA Bea, you are living in a fantasy land

> > > if you sit there and think guns will never be an inherent part of our

> > > culture, right or wrong, has been always will be. �ソスSo keep smacking your

> > > head against that brick wall, its good to see. No part of our country,

> > > from the Revolution to the old west, to East LA has �ソスnot been influenced
> > > by guns. �ソス My brother the trauma surgeon depends on guns. �ソスI myself can

> > > count very few things in life that I am good at, much less have an
> > > expertise that less than 500 people have in the country, and that is an
> > > ability to understand, evaluate and interpret the morphological

> > > characteristics of gunshot wounds. �ソスGod bless America. �ソスOh, my concealed
> > > carry is with me as we speak, thank god this isn't Chicago. �ソスIn the

> > > immortal words of my concealed carry instructor "we are the good guys,
> > > carry it, and carry it with one jacked in the chamber, otherwise it is
> > > just dead weight"
> > >
> > > ContactGSW
> > >
> > > Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
> > > like fish.
> > >
> > Dont get me wrong, I'm mostly pro gun rights (as we have none here)
> > but carrying must be an awesome responsability, power of life and
> > death over all you meet really.
> > What sort of situation would it take to make you take it out in
> > puplic? I will read in that taking it out is the same as using it as
> > the former is futile and dangerous if you are not prepared to do the
> > latter.
> >
> > Australia - Gun Free for 13 years 9 months with no appreciable
> > reduction in gun crime or deaths....
>
> Not really, at the concealed carry course they teach you the law, you
> follow it. Carry a little KelTec 380 in a wallet holster in your back
> pocket, practice drawing it until you are comfortable, put 100 or so
> rounds through it to get to know it, and thats it. Less chance that you
> will have to use it than your airbag in the car, but its there.
>

> ContactGSW
>

> Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
> like fish.

The law is pretty clear cut, you can't show the gun or announce its
presence as an intimidating factor. It must be concealed at all times,
unless in use due to direct fear of someones life. You can't walk toward
a threat thinking it will be an equalizer. You must use it only when
there is a clear cut threat to someones life and you cannot extricate that
threat by backing away. If you ever do, tell the cops two things: I was
in fear of my life, I want to talk to my lawyer (thats not a law, just
what we were taught). In other states its not just your safety that can
be in danger, but your property too, I think Alaska is like that not sure.
Here in Arkansas you can't pull it to stop someone from taking your shit,
but if you do you probably won't get in too much trouble.

ContactGSW

Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
like fish.

--------�ソス

risky biz

Dec 29, 2009, 10:40:51 PM12/29/09
On Dec 28 2009 9:43 AM, mo_charles wrote:

> > > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > > lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> > > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
> >

> > I have been thinking an 870 is in order. What did you get?
>
> lefty rem 870 exp. it's my first gun. i'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant
> chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen

> (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun.html).

> i wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?
>
> mo_charles

"Liberal pussies", mo? It's your first gun at what- age 40+? What a
freakin' a-hole. I learned how to handle and shoot a Smith & Wesson .38
when I was five years old. Let's just categorize you among the
multitudiness faux, he-men Republicans and leave it at that.

________________________________________________________________________�

risky biz

Dec 29, 2009, 10:43:34 PM12/29/09
On Dec 29 2009 9:21 AM, Alim Nassor wrote:

good

> > > I have been thinking an 870 is in order. �ソスWhat did you get?
> >
> > lefty rem 870 exp. �ソスit's my first gun. �ソスi'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant

> > chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen
> > (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun....).

> > �ソスi wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?
> >
> > mo_charles
> >

> Every Christmas since my boys were 12 there has been at least one gun
> under the tree for one or both of them. Since they are grown now, we
> usually all end up swapping ammo back and forth LOL. This year Igot a
> case of 5.56 mm and 2 boxes of .40 SW. I got my oldest son some .45
> ACP some .357 Sig and some 5.56. My youngest son got 5000 rounds of .
> 22

What's the compulsion?

-------�ソス

bub

Dec 29, 2009, 10:42:41 PM12/29/09
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:25:54 -0800 (PST), Alim Nassor
<alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>ARGH!!!< what has happened to the Popinjay we all know and love?
>
>Trolling trolling trolling
>keep those lefties trolling
>keep those lefties rolling

hey alim, how does it feel to be home?

risky biz

Dec 29, 2009, 10:53:08 PM12/29/09
On Dec 28 2009 5:48 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "BTSinAustin" <a1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
>

> > No, we want to maintain the 2nd amendment. We have plenty of gun laws.
> >

> If they had wanted people to own guns then the founders would have said so
> before they added the amendments. The second amendment talks about
> regulating militias and there is no automatic right for people to own guns
> privately. It's the loop holes that is allowing all these violent criminals
> to get guns. We need to close the loopholes and adopt a national and more
> consistent gun policy in this country, setting much longer waiting periods
> and requiring safety courses before people can be licensed to purchase a
> firearm. How many children have to die before we can adopt these reasonable
> measurements?

Take a break from the Jimson weed, Paul.

----�

risky biz

Dec 29, 2009, 10:55:29 PM12/29/09
On Dec 29 2009 1:50 PM, Mrs Iris Mike wrote:

> On Dec 28, 8:18�am, "mo_charles" <harrybal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > lord commanded: �she bought me a shotgun for xmas. �for all you liberal
> > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
> >
> > mo_charles
> >

> I think this is wonderful news 'Mo.
>
> Now by gilfriend do you mean beard? or sister?
>
> I can think of no one who should own a gun more than I think you
> should own one.
>
> First, thank you for making the US of A the murder epicenter of the
> industrial world. We have a murder rate that is 6 times that of most
> civilized countries.
>
> Congrats on your new toy. Realize that you are twice as likely to be
> shot by your own gun than being shot by another.

I'm guessing Mo is about twelve times as likely to get shot by his own gun.

---�

risky biz

Dec 29, 2009, 10:58:31 PM12/29/09

Not if you bury them right.

Paul Popinjay

Dec 29, 2009, 11:13:26 PM12/29/09
"ContactGSW" <a1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> In other states its not just your safety that can
> be in danger, but your property too, I think Alaska is like that not sure.

God bless Sarah!

And God bless Bristol, and Piper, and Track, and Willow, and Trig,
and Donner and Blitzen.

James L. Hankins

Dec 30, 2009, 12:03:29 AM12/30/09

>If you ever do, tell the cops two things: I was in fear of my life, I want

>to talk to my lawyer (thats not a law, just
> what we were taught).

I doubt a lawyer taught you that. It's only half-right.

You should leave out saying the first part and just stick with, "I don't
want to make any statements at all until I can talk to my lawyer."

Paul Popinjay

Dec 30, 2009, 12:42:27 AM12/30/09
"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

nice and warm here

ContactGSW

Dec 30, 2009, 9:01:50 AM12/30/09

No it was a cop that taught us that, but you are in all certainty correct,
and I will remember that. Its amazing how many cases I go to trial on,
that if the guy had just kept his mouth shut when first talking to the
cops, no way would we be at trial.

ContactGSW

Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
like fish.

---�

Jerry Sturdivant

Dec 30, 2009, 9:29:16 AM12/30/09

"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

I used to be a cop. I would suggest something else. Find the officer in
charge (OIC, usually a sergeant) and ask to speak to him (or her) privately.
Tell them you'll talk to them "before being Mirandized." Giving them a rough
idea of what went down will make the whole process smother.

And the word you're looking for, about exposing your gun is: Menacing.

Jerry 'n Vegas

- When you secure an area, don't forget to tell the enemy.

mo_charles

Dec 30, 2009, 10:07:06 AM12/30/09
> > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
> > lord commanded: �she bought me a shotgun for xmas. �for all you liberal
> > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> I think this is wonderful news 'Mo.
>
> Now by gilfriend do you mean beard? or sister?
>
> I can think of no one who should own a gun more than I think you
> should own one.
>
> First, thank you for making the US of A the murder epicenter of the
> industrial world. We have a murder rate that is 6 times that of most
> civilized countries.

most civilized countries don't have democrats.

> Congrats on your new toy. Realize that you are twice as likely to be
> shot by your own gun than being shot by another.
>
> Hope your 'girlfriend' knows that if you feel homicidal for a short
> period of time, you'll be able to "get 'er done". That murder rate
> mentioned above includes tha fact the vast majority of murders are
> committed by people close to the victim.

good, i'm a control freak.

> As you shine and polish that bad boy, keep in mind that the USA has a
> suicide rate equal to India where the majority live in abject poverty.
> Just for kicks, put the barrel in your mouth and know that if a gun is
> in the house that the chance of suicide increases by something of the
> magnitude of four times. Something to keep in mind when you lose big
> at the casino.

i've lost big at the casino a number of times and never contemplated
killing myself over it. there's a big upside to arrogance.

> Remember, if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. And
> where do you think these outlaws will be getting their guns? Number
> one prize for burglers is finding a gun, Be sure to tell your
> neighbors, they'll be feeling so much safer.

i'm contemplating an nra sticker on my door to encourage them.

> You ever ride through the slums of St Louis? Ever wonder what makes
> it such a slum? Gun ownership!!! That's right, it ain't no slum until
> everybody has a gun, from Alzhiemer old ladies to lawabiding twelve
> year olds. And you have just made your community just that more
> American.

the slums of st.louis?

> No country would ever invade America because of the high rate of gun
> ownership. Works in Iraq and Afghanistan, its gotta work here.

you think gun ownership's about outside invasion? let the state manage
your health and bite your nails over the pending uzbek invasion.

> One last bit of trivia; the suicide rate doesn't peak during the Xmas
> holidays (urban legend), the highest incident rates occur during the
> early days of spring. Only 94 shopping days!
>
> Have fun and let us know how things go.

don't slip on a banana peel, bea.

mo_charles

_____________________________________________________________________�

Jerry Sturdivant

Dec 30, 2009, 11:00:50 AM12/30/09

> > my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the
> > good
> > lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
> > pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>
> I think this is wonderful news 'Mo.
>
> Now by gilfriend do you mean beard? or sister?
>
> I can think of no one who should own a gun more than I think you
> should own one.
>
> First, thank you for making the US of A the murder epicenter of the
> industrial world. We have a murder rate that is 6 times that of most
> civilized countries.

Well let's see. We have a lot of automobile deaths. Is it because we have a
lot of cars? Should we get rid of cars to prevent all those traffic
accidents?

Jerry (pointing out hypocrisy) 'n Vegas

- When you dial a wrong number, you NEVER get a busy signal.

Mrs Iris Mike

Dec 30, 2009, 12:35:42 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 8:00 am, "Jerry Sturdivant" <jerr...@cox.net> wrote:

> > First, thank you for making the US of A the murder epicenter of the
> > industrial world. We have a murder rate that is 6 times that of most
> > civilized countries.
>
> Well let's see. We have a lot of automobile deaths. Is it because we have a
> lot of cars? Should we get rid of cars to prevent all those traffic
> accidents?
>
> Jerry (pointing out hypocrisy) 'n Vegas

Well, let's see. We have a lot of automobile deaths in America. Is it
because we have a lot of cars? Should we now abandon licenses,
registration, road signs, traffic signs, drunk driving laws, traffic
cops and seat belts, Jerry (pointy hypocrit) 'n Old Age Home?

James L. Hankins

Dec 30, 2009, 1:28:58 PM12/30/09

> No it was a cop that taught us that, but you are in all certainty correct,
> and I will remember that. Its amazing how many cases I go to trial on,
> that if the guy had just kept his mouth shut when first talking to the
> cops, no way would we be at trial.

And, it happens to people who should know better. The urge to try and
explain the situation is extremely powerful.

James L. Hankins

Dec 30, 2009, 1:31:55 PM12/30/09

"Jerry Sturdivant" <jer...@cox.net> wrote in message

> I used to be a cop. I would suggest something else. Find the officer in
> charge (OIC, usually a sergeant) and ask to speak to him (or her)
> privately. Tell them you'll talk to them "before being Mirandized." Giving
> them a rough idea of what went down will make the whole process smother.
>
> And the word you're looking for, about exposing your gun is: Menacing.

Ugh. That is the worst advice in the universe if you value your freedom.

Alim Nassor

Dec 30, 2009, 3:15:47 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 11:25 am, "ContactGSW" <a1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> On Dec 29 2009 10:08 PM, ContactGSW wrote:

> of

> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

I'll say this about concealed carry. I am much less likely to get
into any kind of confrontation while I carry, BECAUSE I am carrying.
I am a calmer person while carrying.

Alim Nassor

Dec 30, 2009, 3:16:49 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 11:43 am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> good

> > > lefty rem 870 exp. it's my first gun. i'd prefer a handgun, but ignorant

> > > chicago commies prevent ownership for all but favored aldermen
> > > (http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun....).
> > > i wonder why some of these crooks don't want us to own guns?
>
> > > mo_charles
>
> > Every Christmas since my boys were 12 there has been at least one gun
> > under the tree for one or both of them.  Since they are grown now, we
> > usually all end up swapping ammo back and forth LOL.  This year Igot a
> > case of 5.56 mm and 2 boxes of .40 SW.  I got my oldest son some .45
> > ACP some .357 Sig and some 5.56.  My youngest son got 5000 rounds of .
> > 22
>
> What's the compulsion?
>
> -------
> looking for a better newsgroup-reader? -www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

No compulsion. We enjoy shooting. Nothing wrong or strange about it.

Alim Nassor

Dec 30, 2009, 3:18:35 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 11:42 am, bub <b...@plottus.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:25:54 -0800 (PST), Alim Nassor
>
> <alimnas...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >ARGH!!!< what has happened to the Popinjay we all know and love?
>
> >Trolling trolling trolling
> >keep those lefties trolling
> >keep those lefties rolling
>
> hey alim, how does it feel to be home?

Wonderful. except right now I am waiting for my wife to come out of
sugery. We have had a wonderful christmas and my grandson who was
barely talking when we left told me "Hi Gampa" Nothing better.

Alim Nassor

Dec 30, 2009, 3:19:58 PM12/30/09

NEVER, EVER talk to the cops about ANYTHING, without a lawyer.

mo_charles

Dec 30, 2009, 3:41:38 PM12/30/09
> > I doubt a lawyer taught you that. �It's only half-right.
> >
> > You should leave out saying the first part and just stick with, "I don't
> > want to make any statements at all until I can talk to my lawyer."
>
> NEVER, EVER talk to the cops about ANYTHING, without a lawyer.

i learned this from "the wire", a cop show ... lol

mo_charles

--------�

Alim Nassor

Dec 30, 2009, 3:40:02 PM12/30/09

I was a cop for a couple of years way back. I saw way to many abuses
to ever be a fan of the police again.

Follow

Dec 30, 2009, 4:03:48 PM12/30/09
Paul Popinjay wrote:
> "bub" <b...@plottus.com> wrote in message
>> don't have to register rifles here. a handgun permit costs $5. go to
>> the sheriff's office fill out a form, give them the 5 bucks, you got
>> your permit in the mail in 2 days.
>

> Where the fuck do YOU live at? Dodge City?

Here in Utah, there is no registration (as it should be). And
background checks are circumvented if you have a concealed carry permit
(which I do). Furthermore, it is the most permissive permit in the
nation, can carry practically anywhere with impunity. Utah's gun laws
(or lack of) should be an example which all freedom hating states follow.

Follow :)

mo_charles

Dec 30, 2009, 4:23:24 PM12/30/09
> > Where the fuck do YOU live at? Dodge City?
>
> Here in Utah, there is no registration (as it should be). And
> background checks are circumvented if you have a concealed carry permit
> (which I do). Furthermore, it is the most permissive permit in the
> nation, can carry practically anywhere with impunity. Utah's gun laws
> (or lack of) should be an example which all freedom hating states follow.

you live in utah? who knew. skied alta last year. think salt lake city
would be the best city in the nation if not for the mormons. where would
you live to escape the mormon evangelicals?

mo_charles

________________________________________________________________________�

Follow

Dec 30, 2009, 4:18:49 PM12/30/09
Mrs Iris Mike wrote:

> On Dec 28, 8:18 am, "mo_charles" <harrybal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> my girlfriend saw a star shining in the eastern sky and did what the good
>> lord commanded: she bought me a shotgun for xmas. for all you liberal
>> pussies and big state believers, true americans are armed.
>>
>> mo_charles

>> ---
>> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com
>
> I think this is wonderful news 'Mo.
>
> Now by gilfriend do you mean beard? or sister?
>
> I can think of no one who should own a gun more than I think you

> should own one.
>
> First, thank you for making the US of A the murder epicenter of the
> industrial world. We have a murder rate that is 6 times that of most
> civilized countries.
>
> Congrats on your new toy. Realize that you are twice as likely to be
> shot by your own gun than being shot by another.
>
> Hope your 'girlfriend' knows that if you feel homicidal for a short
> period of time, you'll be able to "get 'er done". That murder rate
> mentioned above includes tha fact the vast majority of murders are
> committed by people close to the victim.
>
> As you shine and polish that bad boy, keep in mind that the USA has a
> suicide rate equal to India where the majority live in abject poverty.
> Just for kicks, put the barrel in your mouth and know that if a gun is
> in the house that the chance of suicide increases by something of the
> magnitude of four times. Something to keep in mind when you lose big
> at the casino.
>
> Remember, if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. And
> where do you think these outlaws will be getting their guns? Number
> one prize for burglers is finding a gun, Be sure to tell your
> neighbors, they'll be feeling so much safer.
>
> You ever ride through the slums of St Louis? Ever wonder what makes
> it such a slum? Gun ownership!!! That's right, it ain't no slum until
> everybody has a gun, from Alzhiemer old ladies to lawabiding twelve
> year olds. And you have just made your community just that more
> American.
>
> No country would ever invade America because of the high rate of gun
> ownership. Works in Iraq and Afghanistan, its gotta work here.
>
> One last bit of trivia; the suicide rate doesn't peak during the Xmas
> holidays (urban legend), the highest incident rates occur during the
> early days of spring. Only 94 shopping days!
>
> Have fun and let us know how things go.

Dumbest.
Tirade.
Ever.

Follow :)

Follow

Dec 30, 2009, 4:24:26 PM12/30/09
mo_charles wrote:
>>> Where the fuck do YOU live at? Dodge City?
>> Here in Utah, there is no registration (as it should be). And
>> background checks are circumvented if you have a concealed carry permit
>> (which I do). Furthermore, it is the most permissive permit in the
>> nation, can carry practically anywhere with impunity. Utah's gun laws
>> (or lack of) should be an example which all freedom hating states follow.
>
> you live in utah? who knew. skied alta last year. think salt lake city
> would be the best city in the nation if not for the mormons. where would
> you live to escape the mormon evangelicals?
>
> mo_charles

It's really nice here actually, clean and pretty all the time, streets
cleaner than anywhere else because of roving garbage pickup 24/7. I
don't ski, but there is no problem at all with mormon evangelicals here,
though I don't mind the propagation of the rumor because this city is
growing way too fast for my liking. The mormons are a rapidly shrinking
minority in Utah, and though here in Salt Lake they're being replaced by
lib-tards, it's nice that they (mormons) still control the government of
the state at large. Utah is the most fiscally responsible state, with
generally sane, freedom promoting laws. I didn't think that was the
case before, but after traveling and doing business in many other
states, Utah is a sweet sweet deal.

Let me know next time you're in town.

Follow :)

Adam

Dec 30, 2009, 5:27:07 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30, 2:25 pm, "ContactGSW" <a1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> On Dec 29 2009 10:08 PM, ContactGSW wrote:

> threat by backing away.  If you ever do, tell the cops two things:  I was

> in fear of my life, I want to talk to my lawyer (thats not a law, just
> what we were taught).  In other states its not just your safety that can
> be in danger, but your property too, I think Alaska is like that not sure.
>  Here in Arkansas you can't pull it to stop someone from taking your shit,
> but if you do you probably won't get in too much trouble.
>
> ContactGSW
>
> Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
> like fish.
>
> --------
> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

So as an example, you walk past an alley and see someone getting
mugged by two hoods, a granny say. You keep walking and dial 911? You
know getting involved has a very good chance of escalating to the
point where you are in fear for your life.

Jerry Sturdivant

Dec 30, 2009, 5:52:30 PM12/30/09

"Mrs Iris Mike" <BeaF...@msn.com> wrote in message

WHOOSH!

Jerry Sturdivant

Dec 30, 2009, 5:59:59 PM12/30/09

"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

We'll have to leave that to your opinion.

I'd suggest you watch a number of COPS shows on TV. You'll note that in real
life, the cops at the scene gather all the information they can from both
sides of an altercation _before_ Mirandizing anybody. And in some cases, we
didn't Mirandize at all. We usually shackled the right one.

Jerry 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

Dec 30, 2009, 6:01:20 PM12/30/09

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Well put, sir.

Jerry (me2) 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

Dec 30, 2009, 6:02:52 PM12/30/09

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

IF you're in the wrong...

Jerry 'n Vegas

Beldin the Sorcerer

Dec 30, 2009, 6:09:11 PM12/30/09

"Jerry Sturdivant" <jer...@cox.net> wrote in message
Or if you're not

Go read Mike Matusow's book

> Jerry 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

Dec 30, 2009, 6:12:56 PM12/30/09

"Follow" <lamema...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Here in Utah, there is no registration (as it should be). And
>>> background checks are circumvented if you have a concealed carry permit
>>> (which I do). Furthermore, it is the most permissive permit in the
>>> nation, can carry practically anywhere with impunity. Utah's gun laws
>>> (or lack of) should be an example which all freedom hating states
>>> follow.
>>
>> you live in utah? who knew. skied alta last year. think salt lake city
>> would be the best city in the nation if not for the mormons. where would
>> you live to escape the mormon evangelicals?
>>
>> mo_charles
>
> It's really nice here actually, clean and pretty all the time, streets
> cleaner than anywhere else because of roving garbage pickup 24/7. I don't
> ski, but there is no problem at all with mormon evangelicals here, though
> I don't mind the propagation of the rumor because this city is growing way
> too fast for my liking. The mormons are a rapidly shrinking minority in
> Utah, and though here in Salt Lake they're being replaced by lib-tards,
> it's nice that they (mormons) still control the government of the state at
> large.

Didn't The Church just purchase the sidewalk in front of The Church, from
The City, not long ago? I believe it was to enforce speech and dress code.

> Utah is the most fiscally responsible state, with generally sane, freedom
> promoting laws.

Freedom? I was in SLC for a week on business and had a hell (sorry) of a
time getting a drink. Is that still in force? No booze on Sunday? No
abortions? You know, the religious government controlling everything it
can? -- Just wondering what you mean by, "freedom promoting laws."

Jerry (where there's real freedom) 'n Vegas

Alim Nassor

Dec 30, 2009, 7:02:48 PM12/30/09
On Dec 31, 7:02 am, "Jerry Sturdivant" <jerr...@cox.net> wrote:
> "Alim Nassor" <alimnas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jerry 'n Vegas- Hide quoted text -

Nope, like i said, NEVER. Cops don't care. If you say something you
feel is innocent and helpful it can easily be construed in such a way
as to cast you under suspicion. Best to say nothing. ever.

Adam

Dec 30, 2009, 7:21:58 PM12/30/09
> as to cast you under suspicion.  Best to say nothing. ever.- Hide quoted text -

Isnt it probable that where there is a body with a hole in it and
you're holding the smoking gun that you are going to the station in
cuffs regardless of what you say?

Alim Nassor

Dec 30, 2009, 7:23:54 PM12/30/09
> cuffs regardless of what you say?- Hide quoted text -

That's not the situation we are discussing.

Adam

Dec 30, 2009, 7:35:00 PM12/30/09
> That's not the situation we are discussing.- Hide quoted text -

We are not discussing what you should or should'nt tellt he cops if
you have used a gun you have a permit for?
What are you tallking about? Traffic tickets?
GSW talking about his gun and what he was told to say if he used it
Jerry replying with dubious advice
James disagreeing with Jerry
You?

Follow

Dec 30, 2009, 8:09:19 PM12/30/09
Jerry Sturdivant wrote:

> Didn't The Church just purchase the sidewalk in front of The Church,
> from The City, not long ago? I believe it was to enforce speech and
> dress code.

They purchased an entire block and made it private property, yes. It
wasn't to enforce speech and dress code, it was part of a larger project
to develop the area.

>> Utah is the most fiscally responsible state, with generally sane,
>> freedom promoting laws.
>
> Freedom? I was in SLC for a week on business and had a hell (sorry) of a
> time getting a drink. Is that still in force? No booze on Sunday? No
> abortions? You know, the religious government controlling everything it
> can? -- Just wondering what you mean by, "freedom promoting laws."

When was your last time through? The late 1800s? Abortions are legal
(nationally now, you know, according to Roe v. Wade in '73). Liquor
stores (all state run) are closed on Sunday, but bars aren't. There is
no smoking in bars or in public parks and cemeteries, but that was
largely a lib-tard movement that was picked up here. We have
unobtrusive tax laws, police, safety laws, etc. So please be more clear
when you say "religious government controlling everything." In fact,
recently, the LDS church endorsed a bill to make gays a protected class
here in Utah. The first one of its kind in the US, and because of that
endorsement, it passed easily.

> Jerry (where there's real freedom) 'n Vegas

Real freedom and a ridiculous recession due in no small part to a
spendthrift, corrupt government. How much do legislators get paid in NV
you think? Here it's about 5K a year I think, maybe it was 10K.

Follow :)

risky biz

Dec 30, 2009, 8:22:41 PM12/30/09

I've never felt the urge.

_______________________________________________________________________�

risky biz

Dec 30, 2009, 8:27:33 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30 2009 5:21 PM, Adam wrote:

> On Dec 31, 11:02�am, Alim Nassor <alimnas...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 7:02�am, "Jerry Sturdivant" <jerr...@cox.net> wrote:
> >

> > > "Alim Nassor" <alimnas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > IF you're in the wrong...
> >
> > > Jerry 'n Vegas- Hide quoted text -

> > Nope, like i said, NEVER. �Cops don't care. �If you say something you
> > feel is innocent and helpful it can easily be construed in such a way
> > as to cast you under suspicion. �Best to say nothing. ever.- Hide quoted
text -

> Isnt it probable that where there is a body with a hole in it and
> you're holding the smoking gun that you are going to the station in
> cuffs regardless of what you say?

Maybe not if he welched on a bet.

---�

risky biz

Dec 30, 2009, 8:25:27 PM12/30/09

And the guilty ones got off because you didn't read them their Miranda
rights before questioning them?

Mrs Iris Mike

Dec 30, 2009, 8:21:42 PM12/30/09

SLC is nice enough. Somebody mentioned that it is was a nice place
except for all the Mormons. Well duh! How do you think it got to be a
nice place? It wasn't the Buddhists.

I remember someone telling me that as a kid a cop stopped to smack a
cigarette out of my underage friend's mouth. Seems to be a nice enough
place to me.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Dec 30, 2009, 8:22:09 PM12/30/09

> Jerry Sturdivant wrote:
>
>> Didn't The Church just purchase the sidewalk in front of The Church, from
>> The City, not long ago? I believe it was to enforce speech and dress
>> code.
>
> They purchased an entire block and made it private property, yes. It
> wasn't to enforce speech and dress code, it was part of a larger project
> to develop the area.
>

>>> Utah is the most fiscally responsible state, with generally sane,
>>> freedom promoting laws.
>>
>> Freedom? I was in SLC for a week on business and had a hell (sorry) of a
>> time getting a drink. Is that still in force? No booze on Sunday? No
>> abortions? You know, the religious government controlling everything it
>> can? -- Just wondering what you mean by, "freedom promoting laws."
>
> When was your last time through? The late 1800s? Abortions are legal
> (nationally now, you know, according to Roe v. Wade in '73). Liquor
> stores (all state run) are closed on Sunday, but bars aren't.
Yeah, booze sales exploded to almost delaware levels...

There is
> no smoking in bars or in public parks and cemeteries, but that was largely
> a lib-tard movement that was picked up here.

Wow, you're a shithead.
71% pof the population isn't allowed to smoke by religion.....

We have
> unobtrusive tax laws, police, safety laws, etc. So please be more clear
> when you say "religious government controlling everything."

71% of the population in one minor religion....

You're HOW stupid, follow?

risky biz

Dec 30, 2009, 8:28:18 PM12/30/09
On Dec 30 2009 1:15 PM, Alim Nassor wrote:

> > > follow it. �ソスCarry a little KelTec 380 in a wallet holster in your back

> > > pocket, practice drawing it until you are comfortable, put 100 or so

> > > rounds through it to get to know it, and thats it. �ソスLess chance that you

> > > will have to use it than your airbag in the car, but its there.
> >
> > > ContactGSW
> >
> > > Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
> > > like fish.
> >
> > The law is pretty clear cut, you can't show the gun or announce its

> > presence as an intimidating factor. �ソスIt must be concealed at all times,
> > unless in use due to direct fear of someones life. �ソスYou can't walk toward
> > a threat thinking it will be an equalizer. �ソスYou must use it only when

> > there is a clear cut threat to someones life and you cannot extricate that

> > threat by backing away. �ソスIf you ever do, tell the cops two things: �ソスI was

> > in fear of my life, I want to talk to my lawyer (thats not a law, just

> > what we were taught). �ソスIn other states its not just your safety that can
> > be in danger, but your property too, I think Alaska is like that not sure..
> > �ソスHere in Arkansas you can't pull it to stop someone from taking your shit,

> > but if you do you probably won't get in too much trouble.
> >
> > ContactGSW
> >
> > Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
> > like fish.

> I'll say this about concealed carry. I am much less likely to get
> into any kind of confrontation while I carry, BECAUSE I am carrying.
> I am a calmer person while carrying.

And he shoots straighter when he's drunk.

______________________________________________________________________�ソス

Brandii

Dec 30, 2009, 8:58:00 PM12/30/09
On Dec 29, 6:37 am, "chandler" <a5a7...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> On Dec 28 2009 9:33 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>

> > What's this shit?  What are you getting on me about?  Mo is the one who
> > started this thread.  Get on his ass if you're going to get on anyone.
> > Besides, Mo is the one with the gun.  And seriously, do we really need
> > people like Mo going around owning guns?  Does the 2nd Amendment really
> > apply to people like Mo?  Think about it.
>
> I'm sure Mo is all about responsible gun ownership...  What could go wrong?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlNIPCirLk&feature=related
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUhUAa3y4rE
>
> Chandler

> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com

Make sure you don't do to yourself what this cop did, with that new
iron of yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

Busted

Follow

Dec 30, 2009, 9:23:24 PM12/30/09

You're always a moron Beldin. It's not a minor religion here, and it
isn't 71% of the population, your numbers are incorrect and high. Just
because one religion is dominant over others here, it doesn't mean they
are a "religious government controlling everything" you fuck. I find
the mormons to be a very minor part of my life and I live in a suburb of
Salt Lake City. Even when I lived in a smaller town here, they were a
small part of my life.

Where do you live that you have such a great understanding of my city?
Fucking Massachusetts-dwelling fucktard.

Get over it, ditz.

Follow :)

ContactGSW

Dec 30, 2009, 9:47:16 PM12/30/09

> > be in danger, but your property too, I think Alaska is like that not sure..
> > �Here in Arkansas you can't pull it to stop someone from taking your shit,

> > but if you do you probably won't get in too much trouble.
> >
> > ContactGSW
> >
> > Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
> > like fish.

> So as an example, you walk past an alley and see someone getting
> mugged by two hoods, a granny say. You keep walking and dial 911? You
> know getting involved has a very good chance of escalating to the
> point where you are in fear for your life.

Thats correct and your choice. In New York City many will walk by. In
Little Rock, I will scream and yell for the cops, trying to bear bluff
the situation so they will run, they will run most times. If they don't
and come at me, I will pull the gun and shoot them until it is empty. Then
I guess I will tell the cops, even though they all know me, I want to talk
to the most obnoxious defense attorney I know. They will probably like me
better for it.

ContactGSW

Chic, it doesn't matter what you do, (sniiiff), you're always gonna smell
like fish.

---�

FL Turbo

Dec 30, 2009, 10:53:07 PM12/30/09
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:23:24 -0700, Follow <lamema...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Heehe.

Get ready for a Beldin rant calling you a shithead and a retard with a
lack of reading comprehension that doesn't understand what he was
talking about.

I'm going to get the popcorn right now.

Follow

Dec 30, 2009, 10:55:38 PM12/30/09
FL Turbo wrote:

> Heehe.
>
> Get ready for a Beldin rant calling you a shithead and a retard with a
> lack of reading comprehension that doesn't understand what he was
> talking about.
>
> I'm going to get the popcorn right now.

That's what I love about Beldin, predictability. He's one of my
favorite posters here because of his tourette's-like simplicity.

Follow :)

Beldin the Sorcerer

Dec 30, 2009, 10:57:01 PM12/30/09

"Follow" <lamema...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Never, shithead

. It's not a minor religion here,

It's a minor religion, shitheaD.
YES, it's hip deep in Utah. THAT'S the fucking point, retard.
RELIGIOUS GOVERNMENT, you fucking moron.

They WITHOLD TITHES from your paycheck in Utah.

And if your not Mormon, it seriously impacts your hireability.

and it
> isn't 71% of the population, your numbers are incorrect and high.

Wow, you're a fucking shithead.

"http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=405126After the Olympics, we were
discovered," Wynn said. "The Sundance Film Festival got bigger. It used to
be that after Sundance, it would slow down here and my guys in the warehouse
could take some time off.

"But it isn't that way anymore," he said.

State and local governments are benefiting from more booze. Sales taxes
split between the two rose to $47 million in the 2006 fiscal year, compared
to $22 million in 1996.

School lunch programs also get a 13 percent tax on sales at state liquor
stores. The most recent figure was $20.5 million.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the dominant faith in Utah,
discourages alcohol use by its members. But the percentage of residents who
are Mormon has dropped to 71 percent from 75 percent, and not all consider
themselves "very active," according to poll data cited by the Deseret
Morning News.

Just
> because one religion is dominant over others here, it doesn't mean they
> are a "religious government controlling everything" you fuck

Shithead, a neoconservative cult with a supermajority of members in the
state.

How long you been fucked in the head, Follow?

. I find
> the mormons to be a very minor part of my life and I live in a suburb of
> Salt Lake City. Even when I lived in a smaller town here, they were a
> small part of my life.

You tithe, boy?

> Where do you live that you have such a great understanding of my city?

My sister's a Mormon, moron.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Dec 30, 2009, 11:00:50 PM12/30/09

"FL Turbo" <noe...@notime.com> wrote in message
How about I just cite a few things and call him a moron?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Dec 30, 2009, 11:01:39 PM12/30/09

"Follow" <lamema...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Well, since you're the most simple minded idiot here, you at least amuse
easily.

It's easy for you; you're naturally an idiot

FL Turbo

Dec 30, 2009, 11:09:15 PM12/30/09

Your predictability is one of the few constants in the ever changing
world of RGP.

"If Beldin has never called you a shithead, you ain't nobody in RGP"

It is loading more messages.