Blabbermouth keeps asking Paul, 'Where's the hyperinflation?'

risky biz

Aug 8, 2021, 3:52:53 AM8/8/21
At least he got the direction right, moron. That's the part you got completely wrong. Remember?

'Companies across the country are raising wages at one of the fastest paces in decades, but workers may not be reaping the benefit of those gains amid a recent burst of inflation.

Average hourly earnings climbed in July for the third consecutive month, rising 4% from the year-ago period and 0.4% over the month, according to the Labor Department's monthly payroll report. That follows similar gains in April, May and June.

Low-wage workers appear to be the biggest beneficiaries of the pay increase, with industries such as leisure, hospitality and retail – which employ roughly 30 million people combined – reporting some of the strongest gains.

The increase is in part due to an unusual paradigm in the labor market: Businesses are desperate to hire workers and take advantage of the surge in consumer spending as Americans – flush with cash – venture out to eat at restaurants, shop and travel. Even though there are a record number of job openings, there are still 5.7 million out-of-work Americans.

But some of those gains are being erased by the rapidly rising price of consumer goods and services: "Real wages," which measures income after accounting for inflation, dropped by nearly 2%, on average, in June compared with 2020. In June, consumer prices jumped 0.9% from the previous month and 5.4% over the past year – the biggest increase in 13 years, the Labor Department said.

Republican lawmakers have likened the growing disparity between wages and consumer prices to a pay cut for working-class Americans.

"Costs for working families have shot up," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in mid-July. "Inflation is running so hot that even though American workers have seen a 3.6% pay increase on average since last year, it’s been completely swamped and then some by inflation. In real terms, American workers’ pay has actually gone down nearly 2% since last July."

Still, rising inflation and stagnant wages could put fresh pressure on businesses to up workers' pay, Morgan Stanley economists said in a recent analyst note. Even though average earnings have increased in recent months, 79% of industries are still seeing inflation outpace wage growth.

"While hard to know exactly how these political forces impact wage growth in the short-term, we suspect this is a longer-term tailwind toward rising and broadening wage growth," the bank said.

The White House and Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell have mostly downplayed rising prices, blaming the increase on widespread shortages that have disrupted the global supply chain and pent-up demand among consumers. Though Powell has said inflation could turn out to be "higher and more persistent than we expect," he has repeatedly said that it's likely transitory.'
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/july-jobs-report-inflation-workers-wages

Satoshi Popinjay

Aug 8, 2021, 8:31:40 AM8/8/21
The CPI is EXTREMELY flawed. And Powell is not mistaken about calling inflation "transitory", he's just LYING. BillBlab knows all about lying. Inflation is here to stay, it is not transitory. We haven't seen nothing yet. And any wage increases are going to be short lived. Raise them all they want, it's not going to help.

Dutch

Aug 8, 2021, 1:14:05 PM8/8/21
Were you always Chicken Little or did something happen to make you this way?

BillB

Aug 8, 2021, 1:27:18 PM8/8/21
Not always...he used to go by Henny Penny.

Satoshi Popinjay

Aug 8, 2021, 3:42:44 PM8/8/21
On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 10:14:05 AM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:

> Were you always Chicken Little or did something happen to make you this way?

Yes, I looked at M-2 growth. And what happened to you? Did you skip school?

Are you vegetarian, or do you buy meat at the market?

BillB

Aug 8, 2021, 5:03:52 PM8/8/21
On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 12:52:53 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> At least he got the direction right, moron. That's the part you got completely wrong. Remember?

Yet another riskytard pathological lie.

> 'Companies across the country are raising wages at one of the fastest paces in decades, but workers may not be reaping the benefit of those gains amid a recent burst of inflation.
>
> Average hourly earnings climbed in July for the third consecutive month, rising 4% from the year-ago period and 0.4% over the month, according to the Labor Department's monthly payroll report. That follows similar gains in April, May and June.
>
> Low-wage workers appear to be the biggest beneficiaries of the pay increase, with industries such as leisure, hospitality and retail – which employ roughly 30 million people combined – reporting some of the strongest gains.
>
> The increase is in part due to an unusual paradigm in the labor market: Businesses are desperate to hire workers and take advantage of the surge in consumer spending as Americans – flush with cash – venture out to eat at restaurants, shop and travel. Even though there are a record number of job openings, there are still 5.7 million out-of-work Americans.
>
> But some of those gains are being erased by the rapidly rising price of consumer goods and services: "Real wages," which measures income after accounting for inflation, dropped by nearly 2%, on average, in June compared with 2020. In June, consumer prices jumped 0.9% from the previous month and 5.4% over the past year

Pretty much exactly what I predicted last year. A 2% drop in real wages is no big deal. It's only temporary. Given everything that's happened in the last year, I think a
drop as low as 2% in real wages is rather remarkable.

– the biggest increase in 13 years, the Labor Department said.

> Republican lawmakers have likened the growing disparity between wages and consumer prices to a pay cut for working-class Americans.
>
> "Costs for working families have shot up," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in mid-July. "Inflation is running so hot that even though American workers have seen a 3.6% pay increase on average since last year, it’s been completely swamped and then some by inflation. In real terms, American workers’ pay has actually gone down nearly 2% since last July."
>
> Still, rising inflation and stagnant wages could put fresh pressure on businesses to up workers' pay, Morgan Stanley economists said in a recent analyst note. Even though average earnings have increased in recent months, 79% of industries are still seeing inflation outpace wage growth.
>
> "While hard to know exactly how these political forces impact wage growth in the short-term, we suspect this is a longer-term tailwind toward rising and broadening wage growth," the bank said.
>
> The White House and Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell have mostly downplayed rising prices, blaming the increase on widespread shortages that have disrupted the global supply chain and pent-up demand among consumers. Though Powell has said inflation could turn out to be "higher and more persistent than we expect," he has repeatedly said that it's likely transitory.'
> https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/july-jobs-report-inflation-workers-wages

The biggest drivers of the rather modest increase in inflation we have experienced have been covid related supply issues and an increase in demand as people slowly emerge from isolation (where cash savings increased). For you economic illiterates out there (riskytard, popinjay), when supply decreases and demand increases, prices go up, especially when interest rates are very low. That's why Powell keeps saying the inflation is transitory.

Dutch

Aug 8, 2021, 5:25:59 PM8/8/21
On 2021-08-08 12:42 p.m., Satoshi Popinjay wrote:
> On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 10:14:05 AM UTC-7, Dutch wrote:
>
>> Were you always Chicken Little or did something happen to make you this way?
>

> Yes, I looked at M-2 growth. And what happened to you? Did you skip school?

I've said it before, if the whole world is simultaneously increasing
money supply in response to a global emergency then there is no reason
to worry too much. That is what is happening. And even if there is some
lingering inflation the economic system can adapt to it.

BillB

Aug 8, 2021, 5:40:11 PM8/8/21
It matters to people who have their life savings stuffed in their mattress or buried in their backyard, or to people like riskytard who live off government checks that, though often indexed, tend to be outpaced by inflation.

Dutch

Aug 8, 2021, 6:03:45 PM8/8/21
It's highly unlikely that anything approaching the inflation of 1980
will happen and we survived that.

risky biz

Aug 9, 2021, 10:28:04 AM8/9/21
EVERYTHING Blab and 'dutch' say on this subject derives 100% from one mind-numbing fear- that the Democrats will get wiped out in the mid-terms.

risky biz

Aug 12, 2021, 4:28:30 AM8/12/21
On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 12:52:53 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:

~ At least he got the direction right, moron. That's the part you got completely wrong. Remember?

'Consumer prices spiked in June at the fastest annual pace since 2008 and everything from used cars and airfare to laundry machines and bacon has become more expensive..'

The fastest annual pace in APPROXIMATELY(🤣🤣🤣) 13 years.

BillB

Aug 12, 2021, 4:54:29 AM8/12/21
Inflation at the end of July was 5.4% annualized. I predicted last year it would reach somewhere around 5%. Popinjay predicted hyperinflation. I'll let the intelligent readers (which excludes you and the other two stooges, obviously) decide who made the best prediction.

Yes, there has been low inflation for 13 years, so the highest in 13 years isn't really saying a whole lot. The number is 5.4%. No need to try to spin it at all (to those of us who understand third-grade arithmetic). we know what 5.4% is. Inflation also appears to be slowing:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8103454/u-s-inflation-july/

Hmmm...what do you know? Just like the Fed said would happen. I am SHOCKED that you and your wack-job internet spouse don't know as much about the economy as the collective wisdom of the country's central bankers. Seriously, it's very hard to believe given the way you two can scrounge nickels and quarters with the best of them, but the numbers don't lie. I was right. You two were wrong. But you MUST be used to that by now.

risky biz

Aug 12, 2021, 1:19:44 PM8/12/21
On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 1:54:29 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 1:28:30 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 12:52:53 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> > ~ At least he got the direction right, moron. That's the part you got completely wrong. Remember?
> >
> > 'Consumer prices spiked in June at the fastest annual pace since 2008 and everything from used cars and airfare to laundry machines and bacon has become more expensive..'
> >
> > The fastest annual pace in APPROXIMATELY(🤣🤣🤣) 13 years.

~ Inflation at the end of July was 5.4% annualized. I predicted last year it would reach somewhere around 5%. Popinjay predicted hyperinflation. I'll let the intelligent readers (which excludes you and the other two stooges, obviously) decide who made the best prediction.

You predict three different things and then declare credit for the one that's right.

> Yes, there has been low inflation for 13 years, so the highest in 13 years isn't really saying a whole lot. The number is 5.4%. No need to try to spin it at all (to those of us who understand third-grade arithmetic). we know what 5.4% is. Inflation also appears to be slowing:
>
> https://globalnews.ca/news/8103454/u-s-inflation-july/
>
> Hmmm...what do you know? Just like the Fed said would happen. I am SHOCKED that you and your wack-job internet spouse don't know as much about the economy as the collective wisdom of the country's central bankers. Seriously, it's very hard to believe given the way you two can scrounge nickels and quarters with the best of them, but the numbers don't lie. I was right. You two were wrong. But you MUST be used to that by now.

Whoopsie! 'U.S. consumer prices increases slowed in July'👀

The increase was slower in July than it was in June? VICTORY for Blabbermouth!!!

LOL. What an infantile, mutant troll. This is a repeat of your 'baseball bat' data gerrymandering. You've been revealed an absolute imbecile on that and now you're back with the same moronic blabbing on another subject.

If a moron like you jumps out of a 20th-floor window it's 'so far, so good' until you get to the first floor.

BillB

Aug 12, 2021, 2:04:40 PM8/12/21
On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 10:19:44 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 1:54:29 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> > On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 1:28:30 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> > > On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 12:52:53 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> > > ~ At least he got the direction right, moron. That's the part you got completely wrong. Remember?
> > >
> > > 'Consumer prices spiked in June at the fastest annual pace since 2008 and everything from used cars and airfare to laundry machines and bacon has become more expensive..'
> > >
> > > The fastest annual pace in APPROXIMATELY(🤣🤣🤣) 13 years.
> ~ Inflation at the end of July was 5.4% annualized. I predicted last year it would reach somewhere around 5%. Popinjay predicted hyperinflation. I'll let the intelligent readers (which excludes you and the other two stooges, obviously) decide who made the best prediction.
>
> You predict three different things and then declare credit for the one that's right.

I didn't predict three different things. I predicted one thing, and I was galaxies closer than you two morons.

> > Yes, there has been low inflation for 13 years, so the highest in 13 years isn't really saying a whole lot. The number is 5.4%. No need to try to spin it at all (to those of us who understand third-grade arithmetic). we know what 5.4% is. Inflation also appears to be slowing:
> >
> > https://globalnews.ca/news/8103454/u-s-inflation-july/
> >
> > Hmmm...what do you know? Just like the Fed said would happen. I am SHOCKED that you and your wack-job internet spouse don't know as much about the economy as the collective wisdom of the country's central bankers. Seriously, it's very hard to believe given the way you two can scrounge nickels and quarters with the best of them, but the numbers don't lie. I was right. You two were wrong. But you MUST be used to that by now.

> Whoopsie! 'U.S. consumer prices increases slowed in July'👀

Yes, they usually do increase in any inflationary environment. The point is the annualize monthly increase was one-third what it was the previous month. Take a basic economics course for retards and get back to me.

> The increase was slower in July than it was in June? VICTORY for Blabbermouth!!!

No, I already had victory. There is no hyper-inflation.

risky biz

Aug 12, 2021, 7:59:48 PM8/12/21
On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 11:04:40 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 10:19:44 AM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:

> > ~ Inflation at the end of July was 5.4% annualized. I predicted last year it would reach somewhere around 5%. Popinjay predicted hyperinflation. I'll let the intelligent readers (which excludes you and the other two stooges, obviously) decide who made the best prediction.
> >
> > You predict three different things and then declare credit for the one that's right.
> I didn't predict three different things. I predicted one thing, and I was galaxies closer than you two morons.
> > > Yes, there has been low inflation for 13 years, so the highest in 13 years isn't really saying a whole lot. The number is 5.4%. No need to try to spin it at all (to those of us who understand third-grade arithmetic). we know what 5.4% is. Inflation also appears to be slowing:
> > >
> > > https://globalnews.ca/news/8103454/u-s-inflation-july/
> > >
> > > Hmmm...what do you know? Just like the Fed said would happen. I am SHOCKED that you and your wack-job internet spouse don't know as much about the economy as the collective wisdom of the country's central bankers. Seriously, it's very hard to believe given the way you two can scrounge nickels and quarters with the best of them, but the numbers don't lie. I was right. You two were wrong. But you MUST be used to that by now.
>
> > Whoopsie! 'U.S. consumer prices increases slowed in July'👀

~ Yes, they usually do increase in any inflationary environment. The point is the annualize monthly increase was one-third what it was the previous month. Take a basic economics course for retards and get back to me.

In your expert opinion, then, the proper thing to do is annualize one month that was lower than the previous month and ignore the previous 13 (APPROXIMATE, LOL) years? You really are the Archbishop of Dumb.

'So far, so good. Duh.'

BillB

Aug 12, 2021, 9:47:12 PM8/12/21
On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 4:59:48 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 11:04:40 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

> > > ~ Inflation at the end of July was 5.4% annualized. I predicted last year it would reach somewhere around 5%. Popinjay predicted hyperinflation. I'll let the intelligent readers (which excludes you and the other two stooges, obviously) decide who made the best prediction.
> > >
> > > You predict three different things and then declare credit for the one that's right.
> > I didn't predict three different things. I predicted one thing, and I was galaxies closer than you two morons.

> > > Whoopsie! 'U.S. consumer prices increases slowed in July'👀
> ~ Yes, they usually do increase in any inflationary environment. The point is the annualize monthly increase was one-third what it was the previous month. Take a basic economics course for retards and get back to me.
>
> In your expert opinion, then, the proper thing to do is annualize one month that was lower than the previous month and ignore the previous 13 (APPROXIMATE, LOL) years? You really are the Archbishop of Dumb.
>
> 'So far, so good. Duh.'

5.4% is not hyperinflation. Further, the fact that inflation (consumer prices) slowed significantly in July (as the Fed indicated it likely would) was seen as a positive sign for institutional traders around the world, and drove US stock markets to record all-time highs. But riskytard thinks he knows better. LOLOL Hilarious.

Just answer the question, riskytard: WHERE IS THE HYPER-INFLATION??? Quick, look under your bed! Maybe it's there!

risky biz

Aug 12, 2021, 10:30:25 PM8/12/21
On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 6:47:12 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 4:59:48 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:

> > > I didn't predict three different things. I predicted one thing, and I was galaxies closer than you two morons.

> > ~ Yes, they usually do increase in any inflationary environment. The point is the annualize monthly increase was one-third what it was the previous month. Take a basic economics course for retards and get back to me.
> >
> > In your expert opinion, then, the proper thing to do is annualize one month that was lower than the previous month and ignore the previous 13 (APPROXIMATE, LOL) years? You really are the Archbishop of Dumb.
> >
> > 'So far, so good. Duh.'

~ 5.4% is not hyperinflation.

So you agree with both me and hundreds of millions of others who never said it was? Really groundbreaking, genius.

~ Further, the fact that inflation (consumer prices) slowed significantly in July (as the Fed indicated it likely would) was seen as a positive sign for institutional traders around the world, and drove US stock markets to record all-time highs. But riskytard thinks he knows better. LOLOL Hilarious.

The stock market goes higher when New York traders get back from lunch, too. It means ZERO, long-term.

~ Just answer the question, riskytard: WHERE IS THE HYPER-INFLATION??? Quick, look under your bed! Maybe it's there!

Here's the deal I'll make- you first predict when the world population will be 20% more than it is currently and then I'll predict when the U.S. economy will experience hyperinflation.

Dumb shit. Blabbermouth: 'so far, so good'.

BillB

Aug 12, 2021, 10:43:10 PM8/12/21
LOL...so now he's denying that his internet spouse has been predicting hyperinflation and that he has been defending him ad nauseam.

Just admit you got your stupid ass kicked again, riskytard. I"M the one who predicted the 5% inflation, and your claim that I made three different such predictions was your lame attempt at a face-saving lie.

risky biz

Aug 12, 2021, 11:01:49 PM8/12/21
On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 7:43:10 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

~ LOL...so now he's denying that his internet spouse has been predicting hyperinflation and that he has been defending him ad nauseam.

I did not anywhere deny, or even mention, that anyone predicted hyperinflation. You're a blabbermouthing bullshit-meister that leaps from one lie to the next like a frog jumping lilypads.

~ Just admit you got your stupid ass kicked again, riskytard. I"M the one who predicted the 5% inflation, and your claim that I made three different such predictions was your lame attempt at a face-saving lie.

WHOOPSIE!!!
'Wholesale price increases. July's Producer Price Index (PPI) rose by a record 7.8% over the year.
Wholesale ENERGY prices rose by over 33% over the year.
Goods by nearly 12%.
Food by 9.5%.'
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/sHLBmUJFaA0/m/FGZrxT8rBAAJ

LOL. What a maroon. Paul is kicking your ass into little pieces.

BillB

Aug 12, 2021, 11:29:33 PM8/12/21
Inflation is at 5.4%, almost exactly as I predicted. Paul predicted hyperinflation. I have no illusion that an economic illiterate like you can't understand who made the correct prediction. Even if you were capable of understanding, of course you are going to support the man you love over facts and logic. It's what low-IQ people do.

risky biz

Aug 13, 2021, 12:41:48 PM8/13/21
On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 8:29:33 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 8:01:49 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
> > On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 7:43:10 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> >
> > ~ LOL...so now he's denying that his internet spouse has been predicting hyperinflation and that he has been defending him ad nauseam.
> >
> > I did not anywhere deny, or even mention, that anyone predicted hyperinflation. You're a blabbermouthing bullshit-meister that leaps from one lie to the next like a frog jumping lilypads.
> >
> > ~ Just admit you got your stupid ass kicked again, riskytard. I"M the one who predicted the 5% inflation, and your claim that I made three different such predictions was your lame attempt at a face-saving lie.
> >
> > WHOOPSIE!!!
> > 'Wholesale price increases. July's Producer Price Index (PPI) rose by a record 7.8% over the year.
> > Wholesale ENERGY prices rose by over 33% over the year.
> > Goods by nearly 12%.
> > Food by 9.5%.'
> > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.poker/c/sHLBmUJFaA0/m/FGZrxT8rBAAJ
> >
> > LOL. What a maroon. Paul is kicking your ass into little pieces.

~ Inflation is at 5.4%, almost exactly as I predicted. Paul predicted hyperinflation. I have no illusion that an economic illiterate like you can't understand who made the correct prediction. Even if you were capable of understanding, of course you are going to support the man you love over facts and logic. It's what low-IQ people do.

Paul did not 'predict' there would be hyperinflation on August 12, 2021. Nor did you predict that 'inflation' would be at 5.4% on August 12, 2021. That's just more of your bullshit.

You're a LIAR.

BillB

Aug 13, 2021, 12:48:42 PM8/13/21
I'm a "liar" because I didn't say what you just made up?? LOL What a low-IQ donkey. I said Paul predicted hyperinflation, and I predicted inflation would reach about 5%. No, that is NOT a lie. It's a truth you apparently can't deal with.

risky biz

Aug 13, 2021, 1:09:17 PM8/13/21
On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 9:48:42 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

> > ~ Inflation is at 5.4%, almost exactly as I predicted. Paul predicted hyperinflation. I have no illusion that an economic illiterate like you can't understand who made the correct prediction. Even if you were capable of understanding, of course you are going to support the man you love over facts and logic. It's what low-IQ people do.
> >
> > Paul did not 'predict' there would be hyperinflation on August 12, 2021. Nor did you predict that 'inflation' would be at 5.4% on August 12, 2021. That's just more of your bullshit.
> >
> > You're a LIAR.

~ I'm a "liar" because I didn't say what you just made up?? LOL What a low-IQ donkey. I said Paul predicted hyperinflation, and I predicted inflation would reach about 5%. No, that is NOT a lie. It's a truth you apparently can't deal with.

So if 'inflation' is at 5% on August 12, 2093 you're 'right' again? What an ASS.

Why does Paul have to predict 'when' if you don't? What a manure pit of an intellect you have.

BillB

Aug 13, 2021, 1:19:34 PM8/13/21
Is this your way of trying to slither away from your lying?