Another Great Show

瀏覽次數:61 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

BillB

未讀,
2021年8月24日 凌晨1:19:162021/8/24
收件者:
I'm well behind the curve on this one (it's halfway into Season 2), so maybe I'm the last one here to know about it. In case you aren't familiar with it, the show is called "Ted Lasso." It's about football (soccer).

A wealthy British woman takes her nasty billionaire husband's football team in a divorce settlement, the one thing he really cares about. She undertakes a mission to destroy the team out of spite, and part of her plan is to hire Ted Lasso as team manager (head coach). Ted is a Division II American coach who knows absolutely nothing about pro football. He's a down home, folksy, hyper-positive, country boy. He's also one hell of a coach who gradually wins over his players, and the boss.

It's a feel-good comedy, and it's really well done. Apple TV strikes again.

Dutch

未讀,
2021年8月24日 凌晨1:55:492021/8/24
收件者:
I'm in the middle of that too.

Mossingen

未讀,
2021年8月26日 凌晨12:11:022021/8/26
收件者:
"BillB" wrote in message
____________

Really? It looks terrible.

BillB

未讀,
2021年8月26日 凌晨12:31:592021/8/26
收件者:
Give it a try. Let me know. I think there are a lot of good characters. Most people seem to like it:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/ted_lasso

Dutch

未讀,
2021年8月26日 凌晨1:10:572021/8/26
收件者:
It's hokey as hell but it kind of grows on you.

risky biz

未讀,
2021年8月26日 凌晨4:45:112021/8/26
收件者:
That's a tremendously successful business you're running there, Blabbermouth. LOL.

BillB

未讀,
2021年9月19日 晚上11:32:342021/9/19
收件者:
On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 10:19:16 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
20 Emmy nominations, and wins for best actor, best supporting actor, and best supporting actress (I'm not sure what else they won). The show doesn't really have a lead actress, so they weren't nominated in that category. I sure can call them.
0 則新訊息