Dennis Miller on Israel

Irish Mike

Aug 3, 2008, 10:54:35 PM8/3/08
(This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)

Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
following to say about the Middle East situation:

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a
service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the
story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really
need.

Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that:
There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine
for
two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is
really a
modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was
owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no
"Palestinians."

As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big
as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping
for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to
describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths
until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them
what they are:

"Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap
Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."
I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then:
"Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own
country.
Oops, just one more thing: No, they don't. They could've had their own
country
any time in the last thirty years, especially a few years ago at Camp David.
But
if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage
trucks
and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some
way
to make a living.
That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region
want:
Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where
the
real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.

Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as
their
textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab
countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact
that
they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on
God's
Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really
saying
something.
It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about
the
great history and culture of the Muslim Mid east. Unless I'm missing
something,
the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the
way,
thanks a hell of a lot for that one.

Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five Million
Jews.
Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of
matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if
Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals.
Really?
Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate
the
tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew
into
the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend, Kevin Rooney, made a gorgeous point the other day:
Just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million
Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the
Jews
strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.
Or
marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive
tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of
innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the
Arabs
baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. Now, as you know,
left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to
people
is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that with
vital
operations in Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to
stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be
much harder than stabilizing a roomful of super models who've just had their
drugs taken away.
However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of losing
moral
weight. We've already lost some. After September 11th our president told us
and
the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that
supported them. Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of
having
the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to
do
the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint. If America were
being
attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be
screaming
for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of
the
Mediterranean and east of the Jordan."

Everyone needs to know what is really going on today, and that Israel has
the
willingness to stand up and defend itself at any cost against people who
cannot
be negotiated with, and have to be destroyed."

Irish Mike

James L. Hankins

Aug 3, 2008, 11:21:28 PM8/3/08

"Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
>
> Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
> following to say about the Middle East situation:

Mike, Mike, Mike......

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp

It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.

BillB

Aug 3, 2008, 11:51:47 PM8/3/08

"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

> Mike, Mike, Mike......
>
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp
>

> It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.

He's pulling a doggystyle. He did this one on purpose to pretend he's just
been trolling us all along.

Irish Mike

Aug 3, 2008, 11:56:49 PM8/3/08

"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

James, James, James.....

The beauty part - it's still balls-on accurate. Except Iran has made
another bunch of more recent blood oaths to destroy Israel and they're
trying to build a nuclear bomb to get the job done.

Irish Mike

Irish Mike

Clave

Aug 4, 2008, 12:00:02 AM8/4/08
"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

I'm so old I remember when Dennis Miller was funny.

Jim

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 12:06:55 AM8/4/08

I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his delightful
life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest Liar
In This County".

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

Clave

Aug 4, 2008, 12:12:35 AM8/4/08
"risky biz" <risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> On Aug 3 2008 9:21 PM, James L. Hankins wrote:
>
>> "Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> > (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
>> >
>> > Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
>> > following to say about the Middle East situation:
>>

>> Mike, Mike, Mike......
>>
>> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp
>>

>> It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.
>
> I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his delightful
> life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest Liar
> In This County".

Tell us again about the "Little People," Irish Mike!

Jim

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 12:27:18 AM8/4/08

> I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his delightful
> life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest Liar
> In This County".

I was thinking something like BillB said. Even Kilgore Trout has speculated
something similar. Is it possible that Irish Mike is just jerking us all
around? Is he the troll of all trolls? Could he be smart enough to know
how stupid he appears? Could he have posted something easily shown to be
fake on Snopes, knowing that someone would out its appearence on Snopes?
And one other point in conclusion. Does this guy EVER post an "OT" in his
subject line? It's just difficult to believe that Irish Mike really could
be as stupid as he looks. Maybe it's all just an act. I don't know. If
so, it's a good act. Bravo!

-PP

Message has been deleted

OrangeSFO

Aug 4, 2008, 2:03:04 AM8/4/08
Dennis Miller didn't write this you gullible fuck

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 2:10:25 AM8/4/08
"Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>
> Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.
>
> Where are the lies?

Hey Auto, check this out. See the way you top posted? You put this comment
directly under my name so it actually looks like that is what Paul Popinjay
said. But it's not what I said. What I said was below your comment, down
at the bottom of your reply. So straighten that out, man. Don't do that
shit no more. Ok?

And another thing, I didn't say anything in the "artical" was a lie. Did I
address anything besides the fact that irish Mike is such a boob? I was
making my comment to Risky Biz, and he knows what I was talking about. So,
you've got to clean this shit up, dude. Or don't be replying to my posts
again.

-Paul Popinjay

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 2:24:10 AM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 11:54 PM, Auto wrote:

> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>
> Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.
>
> Where are the lies?

You are hilarious. You or someone else posts something consisting of about
thirty baldfaced lies then you say, "Disprove it." I have a better idea.
Stick it up your ass. That's where it belongs.

brewmaster

Aug 4, 2008, 2:32:34 AM8/4/08

He was funny so long ago Mikhail Gorbachev didn't have the red spot on his
forehead yet.

(that was my attempt at Dennis Miller type humor).

> Jim

---------------
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

brewmaster

Aug 4, 2008, 2:35:10 AM8/4/08

Irish Mike posts almost exclusively truths when he makes political posts.
He is one of the only true conservatives who post on rgp. Paul Gennaro
should go join his father in the fascist Mussolini supporter graveyard in
Italy somewhere.

---------------
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

---

brewmaster

Aug 4, 2008, 2:35:32 AM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 11:03 PM, OrangeSFO wrote:

> Dennis Miller didn't write this you gullible fuck

Still true, commie.

---------------
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 2:57:06 AM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 12:35 AM, brewmaster wrote:

> On Aug 3 2008 11:03 PM, OrangeSFO wrote:
>
> > Dennis Miller didn't write this you gullible fuck
>
> Still true, commie.

Must be a full moon tonight.

Message has been deleted

K9way

Aug 4, 2008, 4:46:39 AM8/4/08

I remember when Miller had a backbone , and some morals.

now he is no better than Zel Miller

He became irrelevant , couldnt get another show to flop on HBO , and found
the only niche he could .

Faux News Buttboy !!

Sad what a person will do when he relaizes he is irrelevant (no offense
IRUSS)

Thank you Lord for the TV Scooter Morons we are about to deceive

K9way

Aug 4, 2008, 4:51:02 AM8/4/08

How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??

Thank you Lord for the TV Scooter Morons we are about to deceive

------

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 8:27:31 AM8/4/08

> You and I have probably met, or played poker together. If you played in
> the Bay Area back in the day. Did you ever play at the Avalon in
> Emeryville? Or the Key Club?

Avalon was too far back. Key Club, yes, plenty of times. Had more No Limit
high draw than any other place in the universe. I wish I had some photos of
the Key Club. I was really disappointed when they tore it down.

But back to the other subject for a moment. Someone mentioned the
possibility that Irish Mike knew that was a faked article and he posted it
just KNOWING that someone would call him out on it. That would be a very
clever troll if Irish Mike were actually and deliberately TRYING to appear
dumb as a way of constantly trolling this newsgroup. That would make Irish
Mike perhaps the most BRILLIANT troll in all of RGP history. Nobody
succeeds in looking so stupid as Irish Mike does. It's a stroke of sheer
genius!

-PP

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 8:33:12 AM8/4/08
"K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??

Yes, that's what I'm starting to believe. Irish Mike is beyond brilliant!
NOBODY can act as dense as he does. This guy is ONE smart cookie!

-PP

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 8:46:25 AM8/4/08

> On Aug 4 2008 12:27 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
>> "risky biz" <risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>

>> > I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his
>> > delightful
>> > life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest
>> > Liar
>> > In This County".
>> >

>> I was thinking something like BillB said. Even Kilgore Trout has
>> speculated
>> something similar. Is it possible that Irish Mike is just jerking us all
>> around? Is he the troll of all trolls? Could he be smart enough to know
>> how stupid he appears? Could he have posted something easily shown to be
>> fake on Snopes, knowing that someone would out its appearence on Snopes?
>> And one other point in conclusion. Does this guy EVER post an "OT" in
>> his
>> subject line? It's just difficult to believe that Irish Mike really
>> could
>> be as stupid as he looks. Maybe it's all just an act. I don't know. If
>> so, it's a good act. Bravo!
>>
>> -PP
>
> How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??

Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and the
arab vs Israeli situation that was not true? If so, please dazzle us with
your knowledge and insight. (Yawn). Didn't think so.

Irish Mike

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 9:00:03 AM8/4/08

> Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and the
> arab vs Israeli situation that was not true?

Not as far as I'm concerned. Israel just wants to defend itself and live in
peace, and the Jew-hating Arab countries want to anihilate them and drive
them into the sea. Duh! Who doesn't know THAT! But why don't you put "OT"
in your subject line anyway, you big Irish dope!

Admit it, Mike! You KNEW that article was a fraud. And you KNEW someone
could and would find that on Snopes and call you out on it. You are the
most brilliant troll in all of RGP history! I am not worthy. I am not
worthy.

-PP

trang...@hotmail.com

Aug 4, 2008, 9:46:04 AM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 8:00 am, "Paul Popinjay"
<paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

He's so good at trolling, he doesnt even KNOW he's trolling.

John_Brian_K

Aug 4, 2008, 9:51:48 AM8/4/08
Me thinks we should take Miller for what he is. Comedy. He is a horrible
historian and political voice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_people

TIGERS World Series- 35, 45, 68, 84
RED WINGS Stanley Cups- 36, 37, 43, 50, 52, 54, 55, 97, 98, 02, 08
PISTONS Championships- 44, 45, 89, 90, 05
LIONS Superbowls- lol

BOOM byae
John

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 10:08:50 AM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 2:24 am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Aug 3 2008 11:54 PM, Auto wrote:
>
> > "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>
> > Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.
>
> > Where are the lies?
>
> You are hilarious. You or someone else posts something consisting of about
> thirty baldfaced lies then you say, "Disprove it." I have a better idea.
> Stick it up your ass. That's where it belongs.

I saw no lies in the article. It is simply slanted in such a way that
the facts it presents are one-sided. There was certainly no
Palestinian identity before the 1920s but there were individuals who
owned land. No "nation" has been displaced but individuals were
deprived of their land and their rights. Many of the people who claim
to have lost land were tennant farmers and their land was _sold_ out
from under them by their landlords. However, under their laws, customs
and expectations, this could not have happened. A new owner would have
simply been a different person would get their rents. Under, however,
the colonial administrations, it happened routinely as it was quite
normal under European laws. Some of the people who bought this land,
probably most of them, were unaware of the way this was perceived by
the tennants. Others quite cynically didn't care. Other land was
seized from the owners under the pretext of necessity and later by
simple use of eminient domain in peacetime. The loss of land and other
indignities, like the Law of Return, which doesn't include many of the
people who LIVED there, have FORGED the Palestinian identity and
that's why it exists now.

The Palestinians are not innocent victims and there's no point
pretending they are but neither are the Israelis. The idea that a
theocacy represents democracy and Western values is absurd. That
Israel is governed better and more justly than the surrounding states
does not mean they should get a free pass. Obviously, Iraq and many
other Arab countries should return the assets that they seized from
the Jews _they_ expelled but Israel should stop pretending that
eminent domain isn't theft and that there is something special about
ones ancestry and religion. Of course, eminent domain is theft in this
country too.

--
Will in New Haven

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:09:17 AM8/4/08

In this country eminent domain isn't implemented by ethnic cleansing. If
you can call the zionist rampage in Palestine "eminent domain" then you
could equally call the nazi conquest of Eastern Europe "eminent domain".
Please.

Palestinians don't have to be the most perfect people on earth to have the
same rights to property and self-determination as every other people on
earth. Somehow, especially in America, special rules and requirements are
always required of the Palestinians. For example, for them, but no one
else except maybe now Iraqis, it's a terrible, unbelievable crime to
resist someone who has seized their property through violence, murdered
their people, and engaged in wholesale population transfers.

As far as your supposed point about theocracy goes there isn't anything
even approaching unified support for that among Palestinians (you're
overlooking the fact that a hell of a lot of them are Christians) and you
can thank the Israeli juggernaut and unquestioning American support of it
for the creation of Hamas and it's ilk.

-----

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:10:36 AM8/4/08

That's why I think "he's" you, Paul. That, and your planetary ambitions.

--------

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:19:56 AM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 8:54 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
>
> Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO.

LIE

He had the
> following to say about the Middle East situation:
>
> "A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a
> service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the
> story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really
> need.
>
> Here we go:
>
> The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that:
> There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine
> for
> two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is
> really a
> modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was
> owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no
> "Palestinians."

LIE

> As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big
> as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping
> for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

LIE

> So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to
> describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths
> until someone points out they're being taped.

LIE

Instead, let's call them
> what they are:
>
> "Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap
> Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."

LIE

> I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then:
> "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own
> country.
> Oops, just one more thing: No, they don't. They could've had their own
> country
> any time in the last thirty years, especially a few years ago at Camp David.

LIE

> But
> if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage
> trucks
> and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some
> way
> to make a living.
> That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region
> want:
> Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where
> the
> real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.
>
> Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as
> their
> textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab
> countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact
> that
> they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on
> God's
> Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really
> saying
> something.

LIE

> It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about
> the
> great history and culture of the Muslim Mid east. Unless I'm missing
> something,
> the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra,

LIE

and, by the
> way,
> thanks a hell of a lot for that one.
>
> Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five Million
> Jews.
> Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of
> matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if
> Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals.
> Really?
> Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate
> the
> tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew
> into
> the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.
>
> My friend, Kevin Rooney, made a gorgeous point the other day:
> Just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million
> Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the
> Jews
> strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.
> Or
> marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive
> tiny Arab State into the sea?

BECAUSE THEY ALREADY DID THAT. THAT'S HOW "ISRAEL" WAS CREATED.

Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of
> innocents?

LIE

Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the
> Arabs
> baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. Now, as you know,
> left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to
> people
> is debate them to death.

LIE.

OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH OF PRETENDING THIS IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A LYING
PROPAGANDA PAMPHLET THAT DRAWS IT'S INSPIRATION FROM "DER STURMER" IN NAZI
GERMANY.

Abbey Johnsson

Aug 4, 2008, 11:46:54 AM8/4/08

Here's one. Your comparison of the size of Israel being like a book of
matches in a football field isnt even close to being correct. It's at
least a 1,000 fold exageration. Do the math. A book of matches at 3 sq
inches would fit over 6 million times on a football field (120 yds by 40
yds). The "football field sized middle east" would cover the entire
surface of the earth like 7 times if it was 6 million times bigger than a
"matchbook sized Israel" .

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 11:57:39 AM8/4/08

"Will in New Haven" <bill....@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote in message

One question bucko. Let's say a bunch of arabs out number a group of Jews
by 100 to 1. And let,s say the arabs decide to kill these Jews and take
every thing they have. So they declare war and attack the Jews. But the
Jews stomp the arab's asses to a bloody pulp in six days. Then they sieze
some of the arab land around their borders. Is that eminent domain?

Irish Mike

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 12:08:48 PM8/4/08

It was the _Israelis_ I was criticizing when I mentioned a theocracy,
you comprehension-deprived baboon. I realize that your desire to see
Israel pushed into the sea blinded you to the fact that my piece was
generally supportive of Palestinian rights and property claims, you
asshole, but that's not my problem.

--
Will in New Haven

> -----
> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 12:09:06 PM8/4/08

> On Aug 4 2008 6:33 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
>> "K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
>> >
>> > How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??
>> >

>> Yes, that's what I'm starting to believe. Irish Mike is beyond
>> brilliant!
>> NOBODY can act as dense as he does. This guy is ONE smart cookie!
>>
>> -PP
>
> That's why I think "he's" you, Paul. That, and your planetary ambitions.

Risky, Did you see that shit that Igotskillz posted over the weekend? I
didn't even know they found a new planet three times as far from the sun as
Pluto. So what the fuck? They named it Eris? Where do they get these
stupid names from? I can think of a MUCH better name for it.

-PP

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 12:06:35 PM8/4/08
"Abbey Johnsson" <ac6...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

picky picky picky, just like a woman!

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 12:17:03 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 11:57 am, "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote:
> "Will in New Haven" <bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote in messagenews:eeb31a38-6b5e-412a...@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

No. That's conquest. Changing the sovereignty of the land and changing
the individual ownership of the land are two different things. The
Israelis, with some justice in my opinion, felt that they couldn't
survive with Syria in control of the Golan Heights. There are other
instances with less justification but that's the general idea of
changing the political standing of a piece of land.

Taking land from an individual or family is not so easily justified,
although it is _much_ easier to get away with. There is a lot of
property _within_ Israel that was unjustly taken from Arabs. It
doesn't matter that these people have a harsh attitude toward Israel,
they have a right to their property. I don't advocate returning land
that was _bought_ and that acounts for most of Israel. However, the
sizeable amount that was stolen should be returned or compensation
should be paid. I don't advocate Israel giving up sovereignty over any
land that is now part of the state of Israel.

--
Will in New Haven

"Sign on the wall in a bar & brothel in Chihuahua, circa 1969:
"Refrain from abusive language; most of our ladies are quite young."

WuzYoungOnceToo

Aug 4, 2008, 12:21:15 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 10:09 AM, risky biz wrote:

> In this country eminent domain isn't implemented by ethnic cleansing.

Tell that to the Sioux.

> If you can call the zionist rampage in Palestine "eminent domain" then you
> could equally call the nazi conquest of Eastern Europe "eminent domain".
> Please.

Really? I not only haven't seen anything about Palestinian Arabs being
rounded up and marched off to death camps (at least, not in
Israel...though I know they've received some pretty shitty treatment
whilst guests of their oh-so sympathetic Arab brethren.) Not only that,
but you're going to have a damned difficult time explaining the
significant (and on-going) increase in population of the Palestinian Arabs
living on Israel-controlled lands. That's a really odd way to go about
ethinc cleansing, wouldn't you say?

> Palestinians don't have to be the most perfect people on earth to have the
> same rights to property and self-determination as every other people on
> earth. Somehow, especially in America, special rules and requirements are
> always required of the Palestinians. For example, for them, but no one
> else except maybe now Iraqis, it's a terrible, unbelievable crime to
> resist someone who has seized their property through violence, murdered
> their people, and engaged in wholesale population transfers.

It seems that you didn't actually read the post you're responding to.

------

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:33:10 PM8/4/08

"Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.

Can't you? Are you not an educated person Auto? Let's break it down into
manageable parts for you. Start with the first paragraph. What do you see?

buffal...@hotmail.com

Aug 4, 2008, 12:36:17 PM8/4/08
On 3 Aug, 22:54, "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote:
> [...]

> Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the
> Jews
> strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.
> Or
> marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive
> tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of
> innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the

> Arabs
> baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. Now, as you know,
> left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to
> people
> is debate them to death.
>

>There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine

>for two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is

maybe 2000 years is modern to Mick and the Persian ? 1967

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:37:47 PM8/4/08

>But the
> Jews stomp the arab's asses to a bloody pulp in six days. Then they sieze
> some of the arab land around their borders. Is that eminent domain?

No, that is called a violation of international law.

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:43:38 PM8/4/08

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

Sorry, I meant to quote Irish Mike, not Will in New Haven. Irish Mike said
that.

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 12:44:23 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 12:37 pm, "BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote:
> "Will in New Haven" <bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote in message

That was an Irish Mike question you were answering, Bill. Not mine. My
answer was that it was conquest. You have a point, though. If there
were any enforceable international law, it would have been a
violation. Try to attribute correctly.

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 12:53:45 PM8/4/08

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

And the arab's declaration of war, their attack on Israel and their blood
oath to drive all the Jews in to the sea?
What was that called? Did that violate international law?

Irish Mike

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:58:51 PM8/4/08

That was an Irish Mike question you were answering, Bill. Not mine. My
answer was that it was conquest. You have a point, though. If there
were any enforceable international law, it would have been a
violation. Try to attribute correctly.

I do try, and I rarely get it wrong. The mistake was actually partially
related to the way google refuses to format your posts properly (see above).
You should try to use a better news service.

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 1:37:25 PM8/4/08

> And the arab's declaration of war, their attack on Israel and their blood
> oath to drive all the Jews in to the sea?
> What was that called? Did that violate international law?
>
> Irish Mike

Not sure Mike. I'd have to look into that one. Can you give me a hint?

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 1:54:23 PM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 11:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> "James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

> > "Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> >> (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
> >>
> >> Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
> >> following to say about the Middle East situation:
> >

> > Mike, Mike, Mike......
> >
> > http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp
> >

> > It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.
>
> James, James, James.....
>
> The beauty part - it's still balls-on accurate. Except Iran has made
> another bunch of more recent blood oaths to destroy Israel and they're
> trying to build a nuclear bomb to get the job done.

Except... that they aren't. Unless you have proof to the contrary, in
which case, please feel free to show your work. For once.

------

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 1:59:45 PM8/4/08

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

Well there is only one true source of unbiased information and that is, of
course, moveon.org. Or you could cut out the middlemen and just ask George
Soros directly.

Irish Mike

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 4:45:32 PM8/4/08

"ChrisRobin" <a9d...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

Show your work, for once. Or do you believe that bull shit that the
Iranians, who are sitting on one of the largest oil deposits in the world,
need that nuclear capability to turn on their light bulbs and run their
motor scooters. After all, if you can't trust a bunch of radical muslims
who have sworn a to wipe Israel off the map, who can you trust?

Irish Mike
Irish Mike

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 4:58:01 PM8/4/08

I just called George. He said that no, "blood oaths" do not violate
international law. However, he did say that Israel flaunted exactly 138 UN
Resolutions between 1967 and 2000, many of which called on the Jewish
nation to comply with the basic principles of international law.

Let me know if you need anything else straightened out for ya, I've got
Soros on speed-dial.

Dutch

Aug 4, 2008, 4:57:02 PM8/4/08
John_Brian_K wrote:
> Me thinks we should take Miller for what he is. Comedy. He is a horrible
> historian and political voice.

Miller is a has-been, his best days were on SNL, and
they weren't that good. Today that voice is Bill
Mahar, who happens to share the views in that piece

"There was no entity of Arabs called "Palestine"
before Israel made the desert bloom. If those 600,000
original Palestinian refugees had been handled with
maturity by their Arab brethren, who had nothing but
space to put them, they could have moved on -- the way
Germans, Czechs, Poles, Chinese and everybody else
has, including, of course, the Jews."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/i-love-being-on-the-side-_b_25375.html

WuzYoungOnceToo

Aug 4, 2008, 5:15:44 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 3:57 PM, Dutch wrote:

> John_Brian_K wrote:
> > Me thinks we should take Miller for what he is. Comedy. He is a horrible
> > historian and political voice.
>
> Miller is a has-been, his best days were on SNL, and
> they weren't that good.

Actually, his better days were shortly after that when he did a little
stand-up touring, including an HBO comedy special or two, and the first
couple seasons of his regular weekly HBO show.

The football commentator stint was embarrassing for all involved.

> Today that voice is Bill Mahar, who happens to share the views in that piece

The problems with Maher are that he's not very funny (nor has he ever
been) and takes himself and what he *thinks* is a serious understanding of
the world far too seriously.

Miller's never been a pundit to be taken seriously on anything, but at
least his "rants" were humorous, and his delivery of them was killer.

Of couse, I don't begrudge either of them them making of a buck doing what
they do so long as anyone is willing to continue paying them for it.

> "There was no entity of Arabs called "Palestine"
> before Israel made the desert bloom. If those 600,000
> original Palestinian refugees had been handled with
> maturity by their Arab brethren, who had nothing but
> space to put them, they could have moved on -- the way
> Germans, Czechs, Poles, Chinese and everybody else
> has, including, of course, the Jews."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/i-love-being-on-the-side-_b_25375.html

Well, as I'm sure Chrissy Robin will be chomping at the bit to point out,
Maher's mother was Jewish.

garycarson

Aug 4, 2008, 6:16:08 PM8/4/08

Unlike the US, Iran appears to have realized that the oil in the Middle
East isn't going to last forever.

-----
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 6:39:56 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 4:45 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

Gee, maybe they're considering something silly like exporting the oil
they're saving by going nuclear. Wild idea, I know.

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 6:56:49 PM8/4/08

"ChrisRobin" <a9d...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

LOL! Does your balloon ever land? Seriously bucko, even you can't be
stupid enough to believe what you just wrote.
But if you are, I've got some prime ocean front property in Kansas for sale.

Irish Mike

James L. Hankins

Aug 4, 2008, 7:12:52 PM8/4/08

"Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and the
> arab vs Israeli situation that was not true? If so, please dazzle us
> with your knowledge and insight. (Yawn). Didn't think so.
>
> Irish Mike

What was presented was a point of view (a very skewed point of view in favor
of one side) . The situation is not susceptible to being proven or
disproven like a math formula.

WuzYoungOnceToo

Aug 4, 2008, 7:30:47 PM8/4/08

I think what was being asked about were the assertions regarding
historical facts/events, not the conclusion(s) being drawn.

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 7:26:36 PM8/4/08

Yeah, who could imagine a country selling its primary natural resource for
a profit and reducing domestic air pollution. Crazy Muslims.

-------

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 9:02:01 PM8/4/08

>> Let's break it down
>> into manageable parts for you. Start with the first paragraph. What do
>> you see?
>

> I'm also lazy. You can explain your point, if you care to. I come down on
> the side of the Jews, at any rate. At least, they are not slaughering one
> another, AFAIK. Muslims are killing each other, if you can believe the
> news reports, in various places around the world.
> Islam fanatics need to be wiped off the face of the earth. Now, I don't
> blame the po ass brainwashed fools that carry out the dirty work. They
> are like cancer cells, they need to be excised.

Well, it wasn't supposed to be about whether or not you liked Muslims, but I
hear exactly where you are coming from.

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 9:32:36 PM8/4/08

> Avalon was a very nice cardroom, and they even let women play there. It
> was like a smaller version of the clubs in Gardena.

That is interesting, Auto. I remember seeing an Avalon chip in someone's
chip collection once. Can you give me a time frame when it operated? And
where was it located exactly?

> Blacks and women couldn't or didn't play in the key Club then. I can't
> remember when that changed.

Holy smoke, that's hard to believe. Although I don't really recall any
women I played with there, there were many Black guys. MANY!

It's been a few years, but I remember a bunch of great old baseball
photographs. Do you remember that?

<snip>

> That was my home away from home for a long time.
>
> I had a $500 marker there which they forgave.<g>

<snip>

> Since I'm Irish, and my nephew is named Mike, I'll agree it just might be
> a stroke of sheer genius. :)

You can figure I'm just giving Irish Mike the needles, Auto. The truth is
that I agree with most positions he takes, and I am certainly pro-Israel.

I would love to find a site on the internet that shows old pictures or tells
old stories about the Key Club. I wonder if there is such a thing.

-Paul Popinjay

Message has been deleted

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 9:56:57 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 4:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> LOL! Does your balloon ever land? Seriously bucko, even you can't be
> stupid enough to believe what you just wrote.
> But if you are, I've got some prime ocean front property in Kansas for sale.
>
> Irish Mike

Who did you buy it from?

----

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:03:22 PM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 9:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> Iran has made
> another bunch of more recent blood oaths to destroy Israel and they're
> trying to build a nuclear bomb to get the job done.
>

> Irish Mike
>
> Irish Mike

"The November 2007 United States National Intelligence Estimate (NIE)
judged that Iran halted an active nuclear weapons program in fall 2003 and
that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judged that
US intelligence did not know whether Iran intended "to develop nuclear
weapons," but that "Iran probably would be technically capable of
producing enough HEU [highly enriched uranium] for a weapon sometime
during the 2010-2015 time frame" if it chose to do so. Iran states its
nuclear program is peaceful. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has
said he has seen no evidence of any nuclear weapons program in Iran. The
head of the IAEA, Mohamed ElBaradei, has stated that he has seen "maybe
some studies about possible weaponization", but "no evidence" of "nuclear
material that can readily be used into a weapon" or "an active
weaponization program" as of October 2007."
http://tinyurl.com/5mt4p5

Mike, instead of selling your prime oceanfront property in Kansas why
don't you sell some of your bullshit. Your cost basis is a hell of a lot
lower.

------

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:08:29 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 6:27 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message

> > You and I have probably met, or played poker together. If you played in
> > the Bay Area back in the day. Did you ever play at the Avalon in
> > Emeryville? Or the Key Club?
> >

> Avalon was too far back. Key Club, yes, plenty of times. Had more No Limit
> high draw than any other place in the universe. I wish I had some photos of
> the Key Club. I was really disappointed when they tore it down.
>
> But back to the other subject for a moment. Someone mentioned the
> possibility that Irish Mike knew that was a faked article and he posted it
> just KNOWING that someone would call him out on it. That would be a very
> clever troll if Irish Mike were actually and deliberately TRYING to appear
> dumb as a way of constantly trolling this newsgroup. That would make Irish
> Mike perhaps the most BRILLIANT troll in all of RGP history. Nobody
> succeeds in looking so stupid as Irish Mike does. It's a stroke of sheer
> genius!
>
> -PP

The Key Club was bought out by Asians, I think. That one or one right next
to it. The different Asian owners started murdering each other. Even the
lawyer of one of them got shot dead by the other group's triggerman in San
Francisco outside a club on Union Street.

-----

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:15:04 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 10:08 AM, Will in New Haven wrote:

> [...]

> > else except maybe now Iraqis, it's a terrible, unbelievable crime to
> > resist someone who has seized their property through violence, murdered
> > their people, and engaged in wholesale population transfers.
>

> > As far as your supposed point about theocracy goes there isn't anything
> > even approaching unified support for that among Palestinians (you're
> > overlooking the fact that a hell of a lot of them are Christians) and you
> > can thank the Israeli juggernaut and unquestioning American support of it
> > for the creation of Hamas and it's ilk.
> >

> It was the _Israelis_ I was criticizing when I mentioned a theocracy,
> you comprehension-deprived baboon. I realize that your desire to see
> Israel pushed into the sea blinded you to the fact that my piece was
> generally supportive of Palestinian rights and property claims, you

My comprehension may have been clouded by the fact that Israel is not a
theocracy. Most of the Jews in Israel are, in fact, defacto or dejure
atheists.

I don't wish to see Israel pushed into the sea. I'm not even sure how a
state can be pushed into the sea. It's an interesting concept, though.

Hope that clears up a few things. Nice talking to you.

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:23:22 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 9:57 AM, Irish Mike wrote:

> One question bucko. Let's say a bunch of arabs out number a group of Jews
> by 100 to 1. And let,s say the arabs decide to kill these Jews and take
> every thing they have. So they declare war and attack the Jews. But the

> Jews stomp the arab's asses to a bloody pulp in six days. Then they sieze
> some of the arab land around their borders. Is that eminent domain?
>

> Irish Mike

This is really exceptionally idiotic. Your statement is exactly opposite
of historical facts. The zionist Jews coveted what belonged to the
Palestinians and they did, in fact, murder them and take everything they
had. The war you speak of took place 19 years later and was instigated by
Israel to kill more Palestinians and take more of what they had. The Arabs
made extraordinary efforts to avoid war in 1967 because they knew Israel
had been armed to the teeth by the United States. This is exactly what set
off the arms race in the Middle East in subsequent years.

I hope you don't mind me contributing some factual material.

Message has been deleted

FL Turbo

Aug 4, 2008, 10:29:32 PM8/4/08
On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:03:22 -0700, "risky biz"
<risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Aug 3 2008 9:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
>
>> Iran has made
>> another bunch of more recent blood oaths to destroy Israel and they're
>> trying to build a nuclear bomb to get the job done.
>>
>> Irish Mike
>>

>"The November 2007 United States National Intelligence Estimate (NIE)

>judged that Iran halted an active nuclear weapons program in fall 2003 and
>that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judged that
>US intelligence did not know whether Iran intended "to develop nuclear
>weapons," but that "Iran probably would be technically capable of
>producing enough HEU [highly enriched uranium] for a weapon sometime
>during the 2010-2015 time frame" if it chose to do so. Iran states its
>nuclear program is peaceful. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has
>said he has seen no evidence of any nuclear weapons program in Iran. The
>head of the IAEA, Mohamed ElBaradei, has stated that he has seen "maybe
>some studies about possible weaponization", but "no evidence" of "nuclear
>material that can readily be used into a weapon" or "an active
>weaponization program" as of October 2007."
>http://tinyurl.com/5mt4p5

You are seriously lagging on the latest news.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2008/07/200872616212055597.html

UPDATED ON:
Sunday, July 27, 2008
01:11 Mecca time, 22:11 GMT
News Middle East

Iran 'expands' nuclear programme

Iran's parliament has ruled out a freeze to start talks or the
suspension of enrichment [AFP]

Mahmoud Ahmedinjad, Iran's president, has said that the country now
has 6,000 centrifuges actively enriching uranium as part of its
nuclear programme.

State radio also quoted Ahmadinejad as saying on Saturday that the
West had "accepted that Iran would continue uranium enrichment with
its current 6,000 centrifuges".

But the Washington said no such resolution has been reached with
Tehran.

"Announcements like this, whatever the true number is, are not
productive and will only serve to further isolate Iran from the
international community," Carlton Carroll, White House spokesman,
said.

Western powers have offered Tehran a package of economic and other
incentives to stop enrichment, which can have civilian or military
uses.

Iran's chief nuclear negotiator met the the six negotiating powers -
the United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany - in
Geneva on July 19, where he was reportedly told that Tehran had two
weeks to respond.

Iran says it is ready for negotiations but will not accept any
pre-conditions or threats in a row that has helped send oil prices
sharply higher, despite falls in the last two weeks.

"Iran does not negotiate with anyone over its obvious nuclear right,"
Ahmadinejad said.

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:31:53 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 10:17 AM, Will in New Haven wrote:

> On Aug 4, 11:57 am, "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote:
> > "Will in New Haven" <bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote in

messagenews:eeb31a38-6b5e-412a...@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> > On Aug 4, 2:24 am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:> On Aug 3

2008 11:54 PM, Auto

> > > You are hilarious. You or someone else posts something consisting of
about

> > > thirty baldfaced lies then you say, "Disprove it." I have a better idea..

> > One question bucko.  Let's say a bunch of arabs out number a group of Jews
> > by 100 to 1.  And let,s say the arabs decide to kill these Jews and take
> > every thing they have.  So they declare war and attack the Jews.  But the
> > Jews stomp the arab's asses to a bloody pulp in six days.  Then they sieze
> > some of the arab land around their borders.  Is that eminent domain?
>

> No. That's conquest. Changing the sovereignty of the land and changing
> the individual ownership of the land are two different things. The
> Israelis, with some justice in my opinion, felt that they couldn't
> survive with Syria in control of the Golan Heights. There are other
> instances with less justification but that's the general idea of
> changing the political standing of a piece of land.
>
> Taking land from an individual or family is not so easily justified,
> although it is _much_ easier to get away with. There is a lot of
> property _within_ Israel that was unjustly taken from Arabs. It
> doesn't matter that these people have a harsh attitude toward Israel,
> they have a right to their property. I don't advocate returning land
> that was _bought_ and that acounts for most of Israel.

"In November 1947 the UN General Assembly voted overwhelmingly to
recommend partition of Palestine into Arab and Jewish states. The two
states were to be joined in an economic union, and Jerusalem would be
administered by the United Nations. The Arabs would get 43 percent of the
land, the Jews 57 percent. The proposed apportionment should be assessed
in light of the following facts: The Jewish portion was better land; ***
by the end of 1947 the percentage of Palestine purchased by Jews was less
than 7 percent; Jewish land purchases accounted for only 10 percent of the
proposed Jewish state; *** and Jews made up less than one-third of the
population of Palestine."
http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-159.html

> However, the
> sizeable amount that was stolen should be returned or compensation
> should be paid. I don't advocate Israel giving up sovereignty over any
> land that is now part of the state of Israel.

> --
> Will in New Haven

> "Sign on the wall in a bar & brothel in Chihuahua, circa 1969:
> "Refrain from abusive language; most of our ladies are quite young."

-------

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:40:10 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 10:09 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "risky biz" <risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > On Aug 4 2008 6:33 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
> >
> >> "K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> >> Yes, that's what I'm starting to believe. Irish Mike is beyond
> >> brilliant!
> >> NOBODY can act as dense as he does. This guy is ONE smart cookie!
> >>
> >> -PP
> >
> > That's why I think "he's" you, Paul. That, and your planetary ambitions.
> >

> Risky, Did you see that shit that Igotskillz posted over the weekend? I
> didn't even know they found a new planet three times as far from the sun as
> Pluto. So what the fuck? They named it Eris? Where do they get these
> stupid names from? I can think of a MUCH better name for it.
>
> -PP

You apparently did not know the right people. Who the hell is this guy
Eris, anyway?

I think the odds are against you now. I would bet that Irish Mike will
turn into a molten ball of lead on November 2nd before you get a planet
named after you except that my suspicions about who "Irish Mike" really is
could make that a bum bet.

-----

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:45:38 PM8/4/08

Yeah, why wouldn't they want parched desert in exchange for fertile
farmland and the homes their ancestors had built? Doesn't make any sense,
does it?

On the other hand, that it was wanted by Jews from Europe who had never
lived there nor could remember any relative who had, and were willing to
murder for it- well - that makes perfect sense.

Doesn't it?

-------

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 10:54:06 PM8/4/08

> The best I can do on the timeframe is 1959 or 1960.
> A shipmate told me there were card rooms not too far away. I was like a
> kid in a candy store.

That's how I felt when first discovering San Diego as I ventured out of my
home turf, Gardena. Holy crap, there were literally 60 card rooms in the
area. And the hourly collection was like $2.50, and no dealers. I know
Rick Da Voice Charles knows all about the history of that area. San Diego
was the nuts! Great climate. Cheap rent. Poker everywhere! Close to Del
Mar and over the border for Caliente Race Track, and Jai Lai. When we get
to Heaven someday, I assure you it will be like San Diego once was.

-PP

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 10:48:25 PM8/4/08

> The Key Club was bought out by Asians, I think. That one or one right next
> to it. The different Asian owners started murdering each other. Even the
> lawyer of one of them got shot dead by the other group's triggerman in San
> Francisco outside a club on Union Street.

I'm drawing a blank right now. I know the joint right next to the Key
changed hands a couple times. I remember when it was all Asian games. Was
it called Santa Fe Club or something like that at one time? Let's ask Auto
if he can tell us about that.

-PP

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 10:58:13 PM8/4/08

That used to be the case. These days, in fact, the Orthodox have a
great deal of political power. This is true even though they have
avoided military service more often than any other Jews since the
founding of the State. The Law of Return is a symptom of the
theocracy. The Orthodox parties force their partners in coalitions to
keep religious-inspired laws on the books. There are too many
provisions about "Jewishness" in the way Israel is governed to avoid
thinking that it is, to some extent, a theocracy.

> I don't wish to see Israel pushed into the sea. I'm not even sure how a
> state can be pushed into the sea. It's an interesting concept, though.
>
> Hope that clears up a few things. Nice talking to you.

I want to see Israel change into a better place; one that pays its
debts and treats its inhabitants better. I would like that for every
state on Earth and many of them have a lot farther to go in that
regard.

--
Will in New Haven

Sign on the wall of a bar & brothel in Chihuahua circa 1969: “Please
refrain from abusive language; many of our girls are quite young.”

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 10:57:53 PM8/4/08

> except that my suspicions about who "Irish Mike" really is
> could make that a bum bet.

Do you really think I would ever be so rude as to post off-topic without an
"OT" in my subject line?

-Paul Popinjay©

A Man Beaten by Jacks

Aug 4, 2008, 11:16:52 PM8/4/08
On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:58:13 -0700 (PDT), Will in New Haven
<bill....@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote:

>That used to be the case. These days, in fact, the Orthodox have a
>great deal of political power. This is true even though they have
>avoided military service more often than any other Jews since the
>founding of the State.

You're trying to make them sound like Republicans or something.

>The Law of Return is a symptom of the
>theocracy. The Orthodox parties force their partners in coalitions to
>keep religious-inspired laws on the books. There are too many
>provisions about "Jewishness" in the way Israel is governed to avoid
>thinking that it is, to some extent, a theocracy.

They're (on and off) working on a formal Constitution. One of the
major difficulties is whether or not they include the definition of
Israel as a "Jewish state."

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:13:43 PM8/4/08

You damnable reatard. A nuclear program is not a nuclear weapons program.
The development of nuclear power is not prohibited by the
Non-Proliferation Treaty. Iran has the right under international law to
develop nuclear power. What an irretrievable dumbshit. The Republican
Party lives off the sustenance provided by braindead carcasses like you.

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:19:16 PM8/4/08

There might have been a "Bank Club" but I'm not sure. These murders took
place in the very late 90's, if I recall correctly.

------

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 11:31:12 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 11:16 pm, A Man Beaten by Jacks <nob...@fool.foo> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:58:13 -0700 (PDT), Will in New Haven
>
> <bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote:
> >That used to be the case. These days, in fact, the Orthodox have a
> >great deal of political power. This is true even though they have
> >avoided military service more often than any other Jews since the
> >founding of the State.
>
> You're trying to make them sound like Republicans or something.

The resemblance is there. They are very hard-line on foreign policy,
if you can call it that because it includes dealing with internal
matters. And they don't fight for their country very often. I have
heard that more Orthodox sons go into the military than used to but
their reputation was poor on this matter in the fairly recent past.

> >The Law of Return is a symptom of the
> >theocracy. The Orthodox parties force their partners in coalitions to
> >keep religious-inspired laws on the books. There are too many
> >provisions about "Jewishness" in the way Israel is governed to avoid
> >thinking that it is, to some extent, a theocracy.
>
> They're (on and off) working on a formal Constitution. One of the
> major difficulties is whether or not they include the definition of
> Israel as a "Jewish state."

Very true. If they put that in, KEEP it in really, they are a
theocracy. Without it, they might not be. Living in a nation that is
not defined by religion or even ethnicity, I find that arrangement
much more congenial than either a Jewish state or a state under
Sharia.

Message has been deleted

FL Turbo

Aug 5, 2008, 8:58:12 PM8/5/08
On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:13:43 -0700, "risky biz"
<risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Last year, the Russians offered to sell the Iranians enough nuclear
material to run their nuclear power plants.

No need to wonder how many milliseconds it took to reject that offer.

HonestaGawd, Risky.

You are the perfect meld of gullibility and stupidity.

garycarson

Aug 5, 2008, 9:16:21 PM8/5/08
On Aug 4 2008 9:56 PM, risky biz wrote:

> On Aug 4 2008 4:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
>
> > LOL! Does your balloon ever land? Seriously bucko, even you can't be
> > stupid enough to believe what you just wrote.
> > But if you are, I've got some prime ocean front property in Kansas for
sale.

> > Irish Mike
>
> Who did you buy it from?

From one of the creationist groups. They actually do have ocean front
property here (I'm temporaritly living in Wichita). It's from the days of
the Flintstones, there was some kind of ocean covering part of Kansas with
a nice shoreline in Western Kansas. A good mix of dinousaur and mammal
boines.

I don't know why Mike would want to sell it.

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

Will in New Haven

Aug 5, 2008, 9:22:00 PM8/5/08
On Aug 5, 9:16 pm, "garycarson" <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu>

wrote:
> On Aug 4 2008 9:56 PM, risky biz wrote:
>

> > On Aug 4 2008 4:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
>
> > > LOL! Does your balloon ever land? Seriously bucko, even you can't be
> > > stupid enough to believe what you just wrote.
> > > But if you are, I've got some prime ocean front property in Kansas for
> sale.
>
> > > Irish Mike
>
> > Who did you buy it from?
>
> From one of the creationist groups. They actually do have ocean front
> property here (I'm temporaritly living in Wichita). It's from the days of
> the Flintstones, there was some kind of ocean covering part of Kansas with
> a nice shoreline in Western Kansas. A good mix of dinousaur and mammal
> boines.
>
> I don't know why Mike would want to sell it.

Ah, the shores of the Tethys Sea, quite lovely this time of year. No
poker, though. Or hot-dogs.

Will in New Haven
“I have seen the David, seen the Mona Lisa too
And I have heard Doc Watson play Columbus Stockade Blues"
Guy Clark - "Dublin Blues”

garycarson

Aug 5, 2008, 9:25:29 PM8/5/08
On Aug 4 2008 7:30 PM, WuzYoungOnceToo wrote:

> On Aug 4 2008 6:12 PM, James L. Hankins wrote:
>
> > "Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> >

> > > Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and
the
> > > arab vs Israeli situation that was not true? If so, please dazzle us
> > > with your knowledge and insight. (Yawn). Didn't think so.
> > >
> > > Irish Mike
> >
> > What was presented was a point of view (a very skewed point of view in
favor
> > of one side) . The situation is not susceptible to being proven or
> > disproven like a math formula.
>
> I think what was being asked about were the assertions regarding
> historical facts/events, not the conclusion(s) being drawn.

Historical facts are subject to point of view also. The facts Mike
presented were chosen and presented in a way intented to imply specific
conclusions.

I used to date a Palestinian in Houston. Her parents had had their
business and home taken by the Isreali government when Isreal was formed.
They were Christian so they were allowed to immigrate to the US.

I think she'd have a different point of view about historical events than
you would.

-------

Will in New Haven

Aug 5, 2008, 9:38:47 PM8/5/08
On Aug 5, 9:25 pm, "garycarson" <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu>

wrote:
> On Aug 4 2008 7:30 PM, WuzYoungOnceToo wrote:
>

> > On Aug 4 2008 6:12 PM, James L. Hankins wrote:
>
> > > "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> the

> > > What was presented was a point of view (a very skewed point of view in
> favor
> > > of one side) . The situation is not susceptible to being proven or
> > > disproven like a math formula.
>
> > I think what was being asked about were the assertions regarding
> > historical facts/events, not the conclusion(s) being drawn.
>
> Historical facts are subject to point of view also. The facts Mike
> presented were chosen and presented in a way intented to imply specific
> conclusions.
>
> I used to date a Palestinian in Houston. Her parents had had their
> business and home taken by the Isreali government when Isreal was formed.
> They were Christian so they were allowed to immigrate to the US.
>
> I think she'd have a different point of view about historical events than
> you would.

I have a friend whose parents owned a city block and a department
store in downtown Basra. They were not Zionists and had lived peacably
in Iraq for many years. In the late Forties, they were forcibly
deported and lost almost everything. Some _very_ kind neighbors gave
them all the cash they had on hand, about 20% of its retail value, for
their house. That money helped them get precariously established in
Bridgeport in 1949.

Everyone has different views about historical events. And nothing that
happened in 1947-49. in Israel/Palestine OR in India/Pakistan is going
to be set perfectly right.

--
Will in New Haven

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are
the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There
are, always and only, the bad people, but *some of them are on
opposite sides.*" -- Patrician Vetinari in Pratchett's /Guards!
Guards!/

Will in New Haven

Aug 5, 2008, 9:59:55 PM8/5/08
On Aug 5, 9:22 pm, Will in New Haven <bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com>
wrote:

I was mistaken here. The inland sea that covered most of the Great
Plains was called the The Western Interior Seaway, also called the
Cretaceous Seaway, the Niobraran Sea, and the North American Inland
Sea, The Tethys Ocean was a body of water, mostly in the Old World.
The farthest west the Tethys Ocean got was what became the Gulf of
Mexico.

Some nature writer called the whole North American waterway the Tethys
Ocean or called it part of the Tethys Ocean simply because it was
connected with the western edge of the Tethys Ocean.

--
Will in New Haven

risky biz

Aug 5, 2008, 10:16:15 PM8/5/08
On Aug 5 2008 6:58 PM, FL Turbo wrote:

> >> "Iran does not negotiate with anyone over its obvious nuclear right,"
> >> Ahmadinejad said.
> >
> >You damnable reatard. A nuclear program is not a nuclear weapons program.
> >The development of nuclear power is not prohibited by the
> >Non-Proliferation Treaty. Iran has the right under international law to
> >develop nuclear power. What an irretrievable dumbshit. The Republican
> >Party lives off the sustenance provided by braindead carcasses like you.
> >

> Last year, the Russians offered to sell the Iranians enough nuclear
> material to run their nuclear power plants.
>
> No need to wonder how many milliseconds it took to reject that offer.
>
> HonestaGawd, Risky.
>
> You are the perfect meld of gullibility and stupidity.

You can't figure out why the Iranians wouldn't be content to spend the
rest of their national life with their hat in their outstretched hand
hoping that the perfectly admirable superpowers of the world will treat
them fairly and not use their control of fissionable material to squeeze
the lifeblood out of them? Wow! You really must be smarter than me,
Turbotard.

FL Turbo

Aug 5, 2008, 11:03:39 PM8/5/08

I wasn't talking about a superpower, much less an admirable
superpower.
I was talking about Russia.

Hell, I think even France offered to sell the Iranians nuclear fuel
for power plants.
You do know that France gets about 80% of their electrical energy from
nuclear plants, don't you?
(When I first heard that, I was gobsmacked to learn that even France
was smarter about nuclear power than we are.)

The only thing I claim is a triple digit IQ somewhere over 101.

risky biz

Aug 5, 2008, 11:10:51 PM8/5/08

Did the monkeys eat leaves?

Message has been deleted

Paul Popinjay

Aug 6, 2008, 5:42:58 PM8/6/08

> I was lerry of the joint, even tho I carried a gun in my pocket at all
> times in Emerryville/Oakland. I was around there when Huey P Newton, in
> 1974, was accused of killing a 17-year-old girl.

Gosh, Auto, you must be a real "old timer".

Speaking of crazy ass black militants, tomorrow, I think, is the aniversary
of when George Jackson's little brother took over the San Marin courthouse.
Talk about balls! Of course, it cost him and a couple others their lives.
I'm pretty sure that was '69 or '70, so do the math. I know it was August
7, I have a good memory for dates. I can't believe it has been almost 40
years since Angela Davis became a household name. Maybe I'll post an OT
thread on it.

-PP

Paul Popinjay

Aug 6, 2008, 6:05:43 PM8/6/08
"Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message

<snip great article>

> http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119538/2/
> index.htm

Wow, that is really an interesting article. How the heck did you find that?
It's from 1983.

Hey Auto, did you play Cameo and other clubs in Palo Alto? We need to start
a thread about the history of Bay Area card rooms. Of course, it's mostly
kids on this group now, and they don't know squat, even though they think
they know everything.

-PP

Tim Norfolk

Aug 6, 2008, 6:34:20 PM8/6/08
On Aug 6, 6:05�pm, "Paul Popinjay"
<paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Auto" <auto@343...@hushmail.com> wrote in message

> <snip great article>
>

> >http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119...

> > index.htm
>
> Wow, that is really an interesting article. �How the heck did you find that?
> It's from 1983.
>
> Hey Auto, did you play Cameo and other clubs in Palo Alto? �We need to start
> a thread about the history of Bay Area card rooms. �Of course, it's mostly
> kids on this group now, and they don't know squat, even though they think
> they know everything.
>
> -PP

I was playing a 1-2 NL game recently, and a drunk young man looked
around the dealer to stare at me, after I made a sizable bet. I said,
"Son, are you trying to stare me down? I have underwear older than
you." The old guys at the table thought it was very funny, the young
group not so much.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul Popinjay

Aug 7, 2008, 12:00:14 AM8/7/08
> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

>> "Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> <snip great article>
>>

>>> http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG11195
>>> 38/2/ index.htm

>> Wow, that is really an interesting article. How the heck did you find
>> that? It's from 1983.
>
> That one I had never seen before. Found it using Iquick search engine.
>
> I saw some familar names and some mistakes.
> John Marvin wasn't the owner, but was a daytime manager. It didn't even
> mention the head guy who ran the place, and got the first count. :)
>
> It mentioned Big Nose Mike, and I got a kick out of that. He and I use to
> go to the racetrack together, and I loaned him money many times. He always
> paid me back, so it was hard to turn him down.

>> Hey Auto, did you play Cameo and other clubs in Palo Alto? We need to
>> start a thread about the history of Bay Area card rooms. Of course,
>> it's mostly kids on this group now, and they don't know squat, even
>> though they think they know everything.
>
> Yeah, I played all over. The Palace Club in Hayward had no-limit games.

Played there many many times. There were two clubs right next to each
other. Yes, there were at least one or two cheats. :-)

> In the early years, Emeryville cardrooms didn't stay open all nite. So,
> some of us drove down to Aviso, near San Jose where a guy named Cliff
> Hoover ran an all night joint.

I know there is some rich history about Alviso. However, I'm a southern
Californian and don't know much about No. Cal. I remember Sutter's, but I
cannot remember playing there. I think perhaps the first card room I ever
played in was Miracle Mile in Santa Clara (?). Was that on Steven's Creek?
There's another one I remember but my mind is blank right now. Not Garden
City.

> It was there after playing all nite, I saw the Kentucky Derby running, and
> won by Carry Back.(1961)I had to look the date up.<g>
>
> Here is a nice story re Carry Back and Johnny Sellers:

Carry Back? Holy smoke, Auto. Now you really ARE dating yourself. Heck,
you might be older than Doggystyle!

> http://www.completerider.com/showcase/ledgends/CarryBack%20.htm
>
> On another note, I found a matchbook from the Normandie Club, while
> looking
> for something else.
> No date, but on the back it has:
> 14808 S Western Ave
> Gardena, California
> Phone 323 2424
>
> No Zip Code and no Area Code. :)

I have some matchbooks from the Horseshoe with The Gardena Club on the other
side. And I loved the old Normandie. Gosh, I played thousands of hours
there, literally, when it was on Western.

Y'know, Russ should be in this thread. He probably doesn't even know about
it.

I got to go to sleep, Auto. Been a long day. You're an interesting poster.
Glad to have you on RGP!

best,
-Paul Popinjay

risky biz

Aug 6, 2008, 11:18:04 PM8/6/08
On Aug 6 2008 8:17 PM, Auto wrote:

> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>

> > "Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <snip great article>
> >

> >> http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG11195

> >> 38/2/ index.htm

> > Wow, that is really an interesting article. How the heck did you find
> > that? It's from 1983.
>

> That one I had never seen before. Found it using Iquick search engine.
>
> I saw some familar names and some mistakes.
> John Marvin wasn't the owner, but was a daytime manager. It didn't even
> mention the head guy who ran the place, and got the first count. :)
>
> It mentioned Big Nose Mike, and I got a kick out of that. He and I use to
> go to the racetrack together, and I loaned him money many times. He always
> paid me back, so it was hard to turn him down.
>

> > Hey Auto, did you play Cameo and other clubs in Palo Alto? We need to
> > start a thread about the history of Bay Area card rooms. Of course,
> > it's mostly kids on this group now, and they don't know squat, even
> > though they think they know everything.
>

> Yeah, I played all over. The Palace Club in Hayward had no-limit games.

> It was and still is against the law to play no-limit in Emeryville.

> In the early years, Emeryville cardrooms didn't stay open all nite. So,
> some of us drove down to Aviso, near San Jose where a guy named Cliff
> Hoover ran an all night joint.

Alviso.

> It was there after playing all nite, I saw the Kentucky Derby running, and
> won by Carry Back.(1961)I had to look the date up.<g>
>
> Here is a nice story re Carry Back and Johnny Sellers:
>

> http://www.completerider.com/showcase/ledgends/CarryBack%20.htm
>
> On another note, I found a matchbook from the Normandie Club, while looking
> for something else.
> No date, but on the back it has:
> 14808 S Western Ave
> Gardena, California
> Phone 323 2424
>
> No Zip Code and no Area Code. :)

K9way

Aug 7, 2008, 7:25:43 AM8/7/08
On Aug 4 2008 11:46 AM, Abbey Johnsson wrote:

> On Aug 4 2008 8:46 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
>
> > "K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

If

> > > How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??

> > Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and the
> > arab vs Israeli situation that was not true? If so, please dazzle us
with
> > your knowledge and insight. (Yawn). Didn't think so.
> >
> > Irish Mike
>

> Here's one. Your comparison of the size of Israel being like a book of
> matches in a football field isnt even close to being correct. It's at
> least a 1,000 fold exageration. Do the math. A book of matches at 3 sq
> inches would fit over 6 million times on a football field (120 yds by 40
> yds).

i think you will find that a football field is 53 1/3 yards wide or 160'
so your math isnt even close to being correct!!