Dennis Miller on Israel

1 view

Irish Mike

Aug 3, 2008, 10:54:35 PM8/3/08
(This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)

Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
following to say about the Middle East situation:

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a
service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the
story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really
need.

Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that:
There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine
for
two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is
really a
modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was
owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no
"Palestinians."

As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big
as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping
for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to
describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths
until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them
what they are:

"Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap
Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."
I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then:
"Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own
country.
Oops, just one more thing: No, they don't. They could've had their own
country
any time in the last thirty years, especially a few years ago at Camp David.
But
if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage
trucks
and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some
way
to make a living.
That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region
want:
Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where
the
real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.

Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as
their
textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab
countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact
that
they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on
God's
Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really
saying
something.
It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about
the
great history and culture of the Muslim Mid east. Unless I'm missing
something,
the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the
way,
thanks a hell of a lot for that one.

Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five Million
Jews.
Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of
matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if
Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals.
Really?
Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate
the
tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew
into
the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend, Kevin Rooney, made a gorgeous point the other day:
Just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million
Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the
Jews
strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.
Or
marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive
tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of
innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the
Arabs
baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. Now, as you know,
left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to
people
is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that with
vital
operations in Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to
stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be
much harder than stabilizing a roomful of super models who've just had their
drugs taken away.
However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of losing
moral
weight. We've already lost some. After September 11th our president told us
and
the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that
supported them. Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of
having
the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to
do
the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint. If America were
being
attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be
screaming
for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of
the
Mediterranean and east of the Jordan."

Everyone needs to know what is really going on today, and that Israel has
the
willingness to stand up and defend itself at any cost against people who
cannot
be negotiated with, and have to be destroyed."

Irish Mike

James L. Hankins

Aug 3, 2008, 11:21:28 PM8/3/08

"Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
>
> Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
> following to say about the Middle East situation:

Mike, Mike, Mike......

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp

It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.

BillB

Aug 3, 2008, 11:51:47 PM8/3/08

"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

> Mike, Mike, Mike......
>
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp
>

> It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.

He's pulling a doggystyle. He did this one on purpose to pretend he's just
been trolling us all along.

Irish Mike

Aug 3, 2008, 11:56:49 PM8/3/08

"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

James, James, James.....

The beauty part - it's still balls-on accurate. Except Iran has made
another bunch of more recent blood oaths to destroy Israel and they're
trying to build a nuclear bomb to get the job done.

Irish Mike

Irish Mike

Clave

Aug 4, 2008, 12:00:02 AM8/4/08
"James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

I'm so old I remember when Dennis Miller was funny.

Jim

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 12:06:55 AM8/4/08

I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his delightful
life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest Liar
In This County".

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

Clave

Aug 4, 2008, 12:12:35 AM8/4/08
"risky biz" <risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> On Aug 3 2008 9:21 PM, James L. Hankins wrote:
>
>> "Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> > (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
>> >
>> > Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
>> > following to say about the Middle East situation:
>>

>> Mike, Mike, Mike......
>>
>> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp
>>

>> It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.
>
> I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his delightful
> life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest Liar
> In This County".

Tell us again about the "Little People," Irish Mike!

Jim

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 12:27:18 AM8/4/08

> I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his delightful
> life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest Liar
> In This County".

I was thinking something like BillB said. Even Kilgore Trout has speculated
something similar. Is it possible that Irish Mike is just jerking us all
around? Is he the troll of all trolls? Could he be smart enough to know
how stupid he appears? Could he have posted something easily shown to be
fake on Snopes, knowing that someone would out its appearence on Snopes?
And one other point in conclusion. Does this guy EVER post an "OT" in his
subject line? It's just difficult to believe that Irish Mike really could
be as stupid as he looks. Maybe it's all just an act. I don't know. If
so, it's a good act. Bravo!

-PP

Message has been deleted

OrangeSFO

Aug 4, 2008, 2:03:04 AM8/4/08
Dennis Miller didn't write this you gullible fuck

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 2:10:25 AM8/4/08
"Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>
> Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.
>
> Where are the lies?

Hey Auto, check this out. See the way you top posted? You put this comment
directly under my name so it actually looks like that is what Paul Popinjay
said. But it's not what I said. What I said was below your comment, down
at the bottom of your reply. So straighten that out, man. Don't do that
shit no more. Ok?

And another thing, I didn't say anything in the "artical" was a lie. Did I
address anything besides the fact that irish Mike is such a boob? I was
making my comment to Risky Biz, and he knows what I was talking about. So,
you've got to clean this shit up, dude. Or don't be replying to my posts
again.

-Paul Popinjay

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 2:24:10 AM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 11:54 PM, Auto wrote:

> "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>
> Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.
>
> Where are the lies?

You are hilarious. You or someone else posts something consisting of about
thirty baldfaced lies then you say, "Disprove it." I have a better idea.
Stick it up your ass. That's where it belongs.

brewmaster

Aug 4, 2008, 2:32:34 AM8/4/08

He was funny so long ago Mikhail Gorbachev didn't have the red spot on his
forehead yet.

(that was my attempt at Dennis Miller type humor).

> Jim

---------------
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

brewmaster

Aug 4, 2008, 2:35:10 AM8/4/08

Irish Mike posts almost exclusively truths when he makes political posts.
He is one of the only true conservatives who post on rgp. Paul Gennaro
should go join his father in the fascist Mussolini supporter graveyard in
Italy somewhere.

---------------
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

---

brewmaster

Aug 4, 2008, 2:35:32 AM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 11:03 PM, OrangeSFO wrote:

> Dennis Miller didn't write this you gullible fuck

Still true, commie.

---------------
Email me here: http://tinymail.me/k4r2nk

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 2:57:06 AM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 12:35 AM, brewmaster wrote:

> On Aug 3 2008 11:03 PM, OrangeSFO wrote:
>
> > Dennis Miller didn't write this you gullible fuck
>
> Still true, commie.

Must be a full moon tonight.

Message has been deleted

K9way

Aug 4, 2008, 4:46:39 AM8/4/08

I remember when Miller had a backbone , and some morals.

now he is no better than Zel Miller

He became irrelevant , couldnt get another show to flop on HBO , and found
the only niche he could .

Faux News Buttboy !!

Sad what a person will do when he relaizes he is irrelevant (no offense
IRUSS)

Thank you Lord for the TV Scooter Morons we are about to deceive

K9way

Aug 4, 2008, 4:51:02 AM8/4/08

How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??

Thank you Lord for the TV Scooter Morons we are about to deceive

------

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 8:27:31 AM8/4/08

> You and I have probably met, or played poker together. If you played in
> the Bay Area back in the day. Did you ever play at the Avalon in
> Emeryville? Or the Key Club?

Avalon was too far back. Key Club, yes, plenty of times. Had more No Limit
high draw than any other place in the universe. I wish I had some photos of
the Key Club. I was really disappointed when they tore it down.

But back to the other subject for a moment. Someone mentioned the
possibility that Irish Mike knew that was a faked article and he posted it
just KNOWING that someone would call him out on it. That would be a very
clever troll if Irish Mike were actually and deliberately TRYING to appear
dumb as a way of constantly trolling this newsgroup. That would make Irish
Mike perhaps the most BRILLIANT troll in all of RGP history. Nobody
succeeds in looking so stupid as Irish Mike does. It's a stroke of sheer
genius!

-PP

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 8:33:12 AM8/4/08
"K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??

Yes, that's what I'm starting to believe. Irish Mike is beyond brilliant!
NOBODY can act as dense as he does. This guy is ONE smart cookie!

-PP

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 8:46:25 AM8/4/08

> On Aug 4 2008 12:27 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
>> "risky biz" <risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>

>> > I'm offering four to one that Irish Mike at some point in his
>> > delightful
>> > life has, at least once, won a county fair blue ribbon for "Biggest
>> > Liar
>> > In This County".
>> >

>> I was thinking something like BillB said. Even Kilgore Trout has
>> speculated
>> something similar. Is it possible that Irish Mike is just jerking us all
>> around? Is he the troll of all trolls? Could he be smart enough to know
>> how stupid he appears? Could he have posted something easily shown to be
>> fake on Snopes, knowing that someone would out its appearence on Snopes?
>> And one other point in conclusion. Does this guy EVER post an "OT" in
>> his
>> subject line? It's just difficult to believe that Irish Mike really
>> could
>> be as stupid as he looks. Maybe it's all just an act. I don't know. If
>> so, it's a good act. Bravo!
>>
>> -PP
>
> How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??

Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and the
arab vs Israeli situation that was not true? If so, please dazzle us with
your knowledge and insight. (Yawn). Didn't think so.

Irish Mike

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 9:00:03 AM8/4/08

> Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and the
> arab vs Israeli situation that was not true?

Not as far as I'm concerned. Israel just wants to defend itself and live in
peace, and the Jew-hating Arab countries want to anihilate them and drive
them into the sea. Duh! Who doesn't know THAT! But why don't you put "OT"
in your subject line anyway, you big Irish dope!

Admit it, Mike! You KNEW that article was a fraud. And you KNEW someone
could and would find that on Snopes and call you out on it. You are the
most brilliant troll in all of RGP history! I am not worthy. I am not
worthy.

-PP

trang...@hotmail.com

Aug 4, 2008, 9:46:04 AM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 8:00 am, "Paul Popinjay"
<paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

He's so good at trolling, he doesnt even KNOW he's trolling.

John_Brian_K

Aug 4, 2008, 9:51:48 AM8/4/08
Me thinks we should take Miller for what he is. Comedy. He is a horrible
historian and political voice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_people

TIGERS World Series- 35, 45, 68, 84
RED WINGS Stanley Cups- 36, 37, 43, 50, 52, 54, 55, 97, 98, 02, 08
PISTONS Championships- 44, 45, 89, 90, 05
LIONS Superbowls- lol

BOOM byae
John

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 10:08:50 AM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 2:24 am, "risky biz" <risky-...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Aug 3 2008 11:54 PM, Auto wrote:
>
> > "Paul Popinjay" <paulpopinjay[nospam]@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>
> > Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.
>
> > Where are the lies?
>
> You are hilarious. You or someone else posts something consisting of about
> thirty baldfaced lies then you say, "Disprove it." I have a better idea.
> Stick it up your ass. That's where it belongs.

I saw no lies in the article. It is simply slanted in such a way that
the facts it presents are one-sided. There was certainly no
Palestinian identity before the 1920s but there were individuals who
owned land. No "nation" has been displaced but individuals were
deprived of their land and their rights. Many of the people who claim
to have lost land were tennant farmers and their land was _sold_ out
from under them by their landlords. However, under their laws, customs
and expectations, this could not have happened. A new owner would have
simply been a different person would get their rents. Under, however,
the colonial administrations, it happened routinely as it was quite
normal under European laws. Some of the people who bought this land,
probably most of them, were unaware of the way this was perceived by
the tennants. Others quite cynically didn't care. Other land was
seized from the owners under the pretext of necessity and later by
simple use of eminient domain in peacetime. The loss of land and other
indignities, like the Law of Return, which doesn't include many of the
people who LIVED there, have FORGED the Palestinian identity and
that's why it exists now.

The Palestinians are not innocent victims and there's no point
pretending they are but neither are the Israelis. The idea that a
theocacy represents democracy and Western values is absurd. That
Israel is governed better and more justly than the surrounding states
does not mean they should get a free pass. Obviously, Iraq and many
other Arab countries should return the assets that they seized from
the Jews _they_ expelled but Israel should stop pretending that
eminent domain isn't theft and that there is something special about
ones ancestry and religion. Of course, eminent domain is theft in this
country too.

--
Will in New Haven

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:09:17 AM8/4/08

In this country eminent domain isn't implemented by ethnic cleansing. If
you can call the zionist rampage in Palestine "eminent domain" then you
could equally call the nazi conquest of Eastern Europe "eminent domain".
Please.

Palestinians don't have to be the most perfect people on earth to have the
same rights to property and self-determination as every other people on
earth. Somehow, especially in America, special rules and requirements are
always required of the Palestinians. For example, for them, but no one
else except maybe now Iraqis, it's a terrible, unbelievable crime to
resist someone who has seized their property through violence, murdered
their people, and engaged in wholesale population transfers.

As far as your supposed point about theocracy goes there isn't anything
even approaching unified support for that among Palestinians (you're
overlooking the fact that a hell of a lot of them are Christians) and you
can thank the Israeli juggernaut and unquestioning American support of it
for the creation of Hamas and it's ilk.

-----

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:10:36 AM8/4/08

That's why I think "he's" you, Paul. That, and your planetary ambitions.

--------

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 11:19:56 AM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 8:54 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
>
> Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO.

LIE

He had the
> following to say about the Middle East situation:
>
> "A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a
> service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the
> story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really
> need.
>
> Here we go:
>
> The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that:
> There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine
> for
> two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is
> really a
> modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was
> owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no
> "Palestinians."

LIE

> As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big
> as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping
> for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

LIE

> So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to
> describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths
> until someone points out they're being taped.

LIE

Instead, let's call them
> what they are:
>
> "Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap
> Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."

LIE

> I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then:
> "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own
> country.
> Oops, just one more thing: No, they don't. They could've had their own
> country
> any time in the last thirty years, especially a few years ago at Camp David.

LIE

> But
> if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage
> trucks
> and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some
> way
> to make a living.
> That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region
> want:
> Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where
> the
> real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.
>
> Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as
> their
> textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab
> countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact
> that
> they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on
> God's
> Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really
> saying
> something.

LIE

> It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about
> the
> great history and culture of the Muslim Mid east. Unless I'm missing
> something,
> the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra,

LIE

and, by the
> way,
> thanks a hell of a lot for that one.
>
> Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five Million
> Jews.
> Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of
> matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if
> Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals.
> Really?
> Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate
> the
> tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew
> into
> the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.
>
> My friend, Kevin Rooney, made a gorgeous point the other day:
> Just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million
> Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the
> Jews
> strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.
> Or
> marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive
> tiny Arab State into the sea?

BECAUSE THEY ALREADY DID THAT. THAT'S HOW "ISRAEL" WAS CREATED.

Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of
> innocents?

LIE

Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the
> Arabs
> baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. Now, as you know,
> left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to
> people
> is debate them to death.

LIE.

OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH OF PRETENDING THIS IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A LYING
PROPAGANDA PAMPHLET THAT DRAWS IT'S INSPIRATION FROM "DER STURMER" IN NAZI
GERMANY.

Abbey Johnsson

Aug 4, 2008, 11:46:54 AM8/4/08

Here's one. Your comparison of the size of Israel being like a book of
matches in a football field isnt even close to being correct. It's at
least a 1,000 fold exageration. Do the math. A book of matches at 3 sq
inches would fit over 6 million times on a football field (120 yds by 40
yds). The "football field sized middle east" would cover the entire
surface of the earth like 7 times if it was 6 million times bigger than a
"matchbook sized Israel" .

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 11:57:39 AM8/4/08

"Will in New Haven" <bill....@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote in message

One question bucko. Let's say a bunch of arabs out number a group of Jews
by 100 to 1. And let,s say the arabs decide to kill these Jews and take
every thing they have. So they declare war and attack the Jews. But the
Jews stomp the arab's asses to a bloody pulp in six days. Then they sieze
some of the arab land around their borders. Is that eminent domain?

Irish Mike

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 12:08:48 PM8/4/08

It was the _Israelis_ I was criticizing when I mentioned a theocracy,
you comprehension-deprived baboon. I realize that your desire to see
Israel pushed into the sea blinded you to the fact that my piece was
generally supportive of Palestinian rights and property claims, you
asshole, but that's not my problem.

--
Will in New Haven

> -----
> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 12:09:06 PM8/4/08

> On Aug 4 2008 6:33 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
>> "K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
>> >
>> > How smart would a guy have to be to act that stupid ??
>> >

>> Yes, that's what I'm starting to believe. Irish Mike is beyond
>> brilliant!
>> NOBODY can act as dense as he does. This guy is ONE smart cookie!
>>
>> -PP
>
> That's why I think "he's" you, Paul. That, and your planetary ambitions.

Risky, Did you see that shit that Igotskillz posted over the weekend? I
didn't even know they found a new planet three times as far from the sun as
Pluto. So what the fuck? They named it Eris? Where do they get these
stupid names from? I can think of a MUCH better name for it.

-PP

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 12:06:35 PM8/4/08
"Abbey Johnsson" <ac6...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

picky picky picky, just like a woman!

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 12:17:03 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 11:57 am, "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote:
> "Will in New Haven" <bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote in messagenews:eeb31a38-6b5e-412a...@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

No. That's conquest. Changing the sovereignty of the land and changing
the individual ownership of the land are two different things. The
Israelis, with some justice in my opinion, felt that they couldn't
survive with Syria in control of the Golan Heights. There are other
instances with less justification but that's the general idea of
changing the political standing of a piece of land.

Taking land from an individual or family is not so easily justified,
although it is _much_ easier to get away with. There is a lot of
property _within_ Israel that was unjustly taken from Arabs. It
doesn't matter that these people have a harsh attitude toward Israel,
they have a right to their property. I don't advocate returning land
that was _bought_ and that acounts for most of Israel. However, the
sizeable amount that was stolen should be returned or compensation
should be paid. I don't advocate Israel giving up sovereignty over any
land that is now part of the state of Israel.

--
Will in New Haven

"Sign on the wall in a bar & brothel in Chihuahua, circa 1969:
"Refrain from abusive language; most of our ladies are quite young."

WuzYoungOnceToo

Aug 4, 2008, 12:21:15 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 10:09 AM, risky biz wrote:

> In this country eminent domain isn't implemented by ethnic cleansing.

Tell that to the Sioux.

> If you can call the zionist rampage in Palestine "eminent domain" then you
> could equally call the nazi conquest of Eastern Europe "eminent domain".
> Please.

Really? I not only haven't seen anything about Palestinian Arabs being
rounded up and marched off to death camps (at least, not in
Israel...though I know they've received some pretty shitty treatment
whilst guests of their oh-so sympathetic Arab brethren.) Not only that,
but you're going to have a damned difficult time explaining the
significant (and on-going) increase in population of the Palestinian Arabs
living on Israel-controlled lands. That's a really odd way to go about
ethinc cleansing, wouldn't you say?

> Palestinians don't have to be the most perfect people on earth to have the
> same rights to property and self-determination as every other people on
> earth. Somehow, especially in America, special rules and requirements are
> always required of the Palestinians. For example, for them, but no one
> else except maybe now Iraqis, it's a terrible, unbelievable crime to
> resist someone who has seized their property through violence, murdered
> their people, and engaged in wholesale population transfers.

It seems that you didn't actually read the post you're responding to.

------

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:33:10 PM8/4/08

"Auto" <auto@343635@hushmail.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone rebut the facts in the artical.

Can't you? Are you not an educated person Auto? Let's break it down into
manageable parts for you. Start with the first paragraph. What do you see?

buffal...@hotmail.com

Aug 4, 2008, 12:36:17 PM8/4/08
On 3 Aug, 22:54, "Irish Mike" <mjos...@ameritech.net> wrote:
> [...]

> Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the
> Jews
> strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.
> Or
> marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive
> tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of
> innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the

> Arabs
> baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. Now, as you know,
> left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to
> people
> is debate them to death.
>

>There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine

>for two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is

maybe 2000 years is modern to Mick and the Persian ? 1967

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:37:47 PM8/4/08

>But the
> Jews stomp the arab's asses to a bloody pulp in six days. Then they sieze
> some of the arab land around their borders. Is that eminent domain?

No, that is called a violation of international law.

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:43:38 PM8/4/08

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

Sorry, I meant to quote Irish Mike, not Will in New Haven. Irish Mike said
that.

Will in New Haven

Aug 4, 2008, 12:44:23 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4, 12:37 pm, "BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote:
> "Will in New Haven" <bill.re...@taylorandfrancis.com> wrote in message

That was an Irish Mike question you were answering, Bill. Not mine. My
answer was that it was conquest. You have a point, though. If there
were any enforceable international law, it would have been a
violation. Try to attribute correctly.

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 12:53:45 PM8/4/08

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

And the arab's declaration of war, their attack on Israel and their blood
oath to drive all the Jews in to the sea?
What was that called? Did that violate international law?

Irish Mike

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 12:58:51 PM8/4/08

That was an Irish Mike question you were answering, Bill. Not mine. My
answer was that it was conquest. You have a point, though. If there
were any enforceable international law, it would have been a
violation. Try to attribute correctly.

I do try, and I rarely get it wrong. The mistake was actually partially
related to the way google refuses to format your posts properly (see above).
You should try to use a better news service.

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 1:37:25 PM8/4/08

> And the arab's declaration of war, their attack on Israel and their blood
> oath to drive all the Jews in to the sea?
> What was that called? Did that violate international law?
>
> Irish Mike

Not sure Mike. I'd have to look into that one. Can you give me a hint?

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 1:54:23 PM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 11:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> "James L. Hankins" <jhan...@cox.net> wrote in message

> > "Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> >> (This was originally posted by Neil Schulman)
> >>
> >> Dennis Miller, who is not Jewish, is a comedian on HBO. He had the
> >> following to say about the Middle East situation:
> >

> > Mike, Mike, Mike......
> >
> > http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp
> >

> > It's not only not Dennis Miller it's about six years old.
>
> James, James, James.....
>
> The beauty part - it's still balls-on accurate. Except Iran has made
> another bunch of more recent blood oaths to destroy Israel and they're
> trying to build a nuclear bomb to get the job done.

Except... that they aren't. Unless you have proof to the contrary, in
which case, please feel free to show your work. For once.

------

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 1:59:45 PM8/4/08

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

Well there is only one true source of unbiased information and that is, of
course, moveon.org. Or you could cut out the middlemen and just ask George
Soros directly.

Irish Mike

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 4:45:32 PM8/4/08

"ChrisRobin" <a9d...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

Show your work, for once. Or do you believe that bull shit that the
Iranians, who are sitting on one of the largest oil deposits in the world,
need that nuclear capability to turn on their light bulbs and run their
motor scooters. After all, if you can't trust a bunch of radical muslims
who have sworn a to wipe Israel off the map, who can you trust?

Irish Mike
Irish Mike

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 4:58:01 PM8/4/08

I just called George. He said that no, "blood oaths" do not violate
international law. However, he did say that Israel flaunted exactly 138 UN
Resolutions between 1967 and 2000, many of which called on the Jewish
nation to comply with the basic principles of international law.

Let me know if you need anything else straightened out for ya, I've got
Soros on speed-dial.

Dutch

Aug 4, 2008, 4:57:02 PM8/4/08
John_Brian_K wrote:
> Me thinks we should take Miller for what he is. Comedy. He is a horrible
> historian and political voice.

Miller is a has-been, his best days were on SNL, and
they weren't that good. Today that voice is Bill
Mahar, who happens to share the views in that piece

"There was no entity of Arabs called "Palestine"
before Israel made the desert bloom. If those 600,000
original Palestinian refugees had been handled with
maturity by their Arab brethren, who had nothing but
space to put them, they could have moved on -- the way
Germans, Czechs, Poles, Chinese and everybody else
has, including, of course, the Jews."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/i-love-being-on-the-side-_b_25375.html

WuzYoungOnceToo

Aug 4, 2008, 5:15:44 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 3:57 PM, Dutch wrote:

> John_Brian_K wrote:
> > Me thinks we should take Miller for what he is. Comedy. He is a horrible
> > historian and political voice.
>
> Miller is a has-been, his best days were on SNL, and
> they weren't that good.

Actually, his better days were shortly after that when he did a little
stand-up touring, including an HBO comedy special or two, and the first
couple seasons of his regular weekly HBO show.

The football commentator stint was embarrassing for all involved.

> Today that voice is Bill Mahar, who happens to share the views in that piece

The problems with Maher are that he's not very funny (nor has he ever
been) and takes himself and what he *thinks* is a serious understanding of
the world far too seriously.

Miller's never been a pundit to be taken seriously on anything, but at
least his "rants" were humorous, and his delivery of them was killer.

Of couse, I don't begrudge either of them them making of a buck doing what
they do so long as anyone is willing to continue paying them for it.

> "There was no entity of Arabs called "Palestine"
> before Israel made the desert bloom. If those 600,000
> original Palestinian refugees had been handled with
> maturity by their Arab brethren, who had nothing but
> space to put them, they could have moved on -- the way
> Germans, Czechs, Poles, Chinese and everybody else
> has, including, of course, the Jews."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/i-love-being-on-the-side-_b_25375.html

Well, as I'm sure Chrissy Robin will be chomping at the bit to point out,
Maher's mother was Jewish.

garycarson

Aug 4, 2008, 6:16:08 PM8/4/08

Unlike the US, Iran appears to have realized that the oil in the Middle
East isn't going to last forever.

-----
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 6:39:56 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 4:45 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

Gee, maybe they're considering something silly like exporting the oil
they're saving by going nuclear. Wild idea, I know.

Irish Mike

Aug 4, 2008, 6:56:49 PM8/4/08

"ChrisRobin" <a9d...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

LOL! Does your balloon ever land? Seriously bucko, even you can't be
stupid enough to believe what you just wrote.
But if you are, I've got some prime ocean front property in Kansas for sale.

Irish Mike

James L. Hankins

Aug 4, 2008, 7:12:52 PM8/4/08

"Irish Mike" <mjo...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Well bucko, was there any thing in the analysis of the middle east and the
> arab vs Israeli situation that was not true? If so, please dazzle us
> with your knowledge and insight. (Yawn). Didn't think so.
>
> Irish Mike

What was presented was a point of view (a very skewed point of view in favor
of one side) . The situation is not susceptible to being proven or
disproven like a math formula.

WuzYoungOnceToo

Aug 4, 2008, 7:30:47 PM8/4/08

I think what was being asked about were the assertions regarding
historical facts/events, not the conclusion(s) being drawn.

ChrisRobin

Aug 4, 2008, 7:26:36 PM8/4/08

Yeah, who could imagine a country selling its primary natural resource for
a profit and reducing domestic air pollution. Crazy Muslims.

-------

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

BillB

Aug 4, 2008, 9:02:01 PM8/4/08

>> Let's break it down
>> into manageable parts for you. Start with the first paragraph. What do
>> you see?
>

> I'm also lazy. You can explain your point, if you care to. I come down on
> the side of the Jews, at any rate. At least, they are not slaughering one
> another, AFAIK. Muslims are killing each other, if you can believe the
> news reports, in various places around the world.
> Islam fanatics need to be wiped off the face of the earth. Now, I don't
> blame the po ass brainwashed fools that carry out the dirty work. They
> are like cancer cells, they need to be excised.

Well, it wasn't supposed to be about whether or not you liked Muslims, but I
hear exactly where you are coming from.

Paul Popinjay

Aug 4, 2008, 9:32:36 PM8/4/08

> Avalon was a very nice cardroom, and they even let women play there. It
> was like a smaller version of the clubs in Gardena.

That is interesting, Auto. I remember seeing an Avalon chip in someone's
chip collection once. Can you give me a time frame when it operated? And
where was it located exactly?

> Blacks and women couldn't or didn't play in the key Club then. I can't
> remember when that changed.

Holy smoke, that's hard to believe. Although I don't really recall any
women I played with there, there were many Black guys. MANY!

It's been a few years, but I remember a bunch of great old baseball
photographs. Do you remember that?

<snip>

> That was my home away from home for a long time.
>
> I had a $500 marker there which they forgave.<g>

<snip>

> Since I'm Irish, and my nephew is named Mike, I'll agree it just might be
> a stroke of sheer genius. :)

You can figure I'm just giving Irish Mike the needles, Auto. The truth is
that I agree with most positions he takes, and I am certainly pro-Israel.

I would love to find a site on the internet that shows old pictures or tells
old stories about the Key Club. I wonder if there is such a thing.

-Paul Popinjay

Message has been deleted

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 9:56:57 PM8/4/08
On Aug 4 2008 4:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> LOL! Does your balloon ever land? Seriously bucko, even you can't be
> stupid enough to believe what you just wrote.
> But if you are, I've got some prime ocean front property in Kansas for sale.
>
> Irish Mike

Who did you buy it from?

----

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:03:22 PM8/4/08
On Aug 3 2008 9:56 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> Iran has made
> another bunch of more recent blood oaths to destroy Israel and they're
> trying to build a nuclear bomb to get the job done.
>

> Irish Mike
>
> Irish Mike

"The November 2007 United States National Intelligence Estimate (NIE)
judged that Iran halted an active nuclear weapons program in fall 2003 and
that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judged that
US intelligence did not know whether Iran intended "to develop nuclear
weapons," but that "Iran probably would be technically capable of
producing enough HEU [highly enriched uranium] for a weapon sometime
during the 2010-2015 time frame" if it chose to do so. Iran states its
nuclear program is peaceful. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has
said he has seen no evidence of any nuclear weapons program in Iran. The
head of the IAEA, Mohamed ElBaradei, has stated that he has seen "maybe
some studies about possible weaponization", but "no evidence" of "nuclear
material that can readily be used into a weapon" or "an active
weaponization program" as of October 2007."
http://tinyurl.com/5mt4p5

Mike, instead of selling your prime oceanfront property in Kansas why
don't you sell some of your bullshit. Your cost basis is a hell of a lot
lower.

------

risky biz

Aug 4, 2008, 10:08:29 PM8/4/08