For all you climate change flakes

Bill Vanek

Sep 16, 2021, 2:22:20 PM9/16/21

REVIEW & OUTLOOK

Europe’s Climate Lesson for America

As wind power flags, energy prices are soaring amid fuel shortages.

By The Editorial Board

Energy prices are soaring in Europe, and the effects are rippling across the
Atlantic. Blame anti-carbon policies of the kind that the Biden
Administration wants to impose in the U.S.

Electricity prices in the U.K. this week jumped to a record £354 ($490) per
megawatt hour, a 700% increase from the 2010 to 2020 average. Germany’s
electricity benchmark has doubled this year. Last month’s 12.3% increase
was the largest since 1974 and contributed to the highest inflation reading
since 1993. Other economies are experiencing similar spikes.

Europe’s anti-carbon policies have created a fossil-fuel shortage.
Governments have heavily subsidized renewables like wind and solar and shut
down coal plants to meet their commitments under the Paris climate accord.
But wind power this summer has flagged, so countries are scrambling to import
more fossil fuels to power their grids.European natural-gas spot prices have
increased five-fold in the last year. Some energy providers are burning
cheaper coal, but its prices have tripled. Rising fossil-fuel consumption has
caused demand and prices for carbon permits under the Continent’s
cap-and-trade scheme to surge, which has pushed electricity prices even
higher.

Russia has exploited the chaos by slowing gas deliveries, ostensibly to
increase pressure on Germany to finish the Nord Stream 2 pipeline
certification. Vladimir Putin last week took a swipe at the “smart alecs”
in the European Commission for “market-based” pricing that increased
competition in gas, including from U.S. liquefied natural gas imports.

Mr. Putin can throw his weight around in Europe because the rest of the world
also needs his gas. Drought has reduced hydropower in Asia, and manufacturers
are using more energy to supply the West with more goods. Due to a gas and
coal shortage, China has rationed power to its aluminum smelters and aluminum
prices this week hit a 13-year high.The U.S. is the world’s largest gas
producer, but it isn’t immune from turmoil in energy markets. Natural gas
spot prices in the U.S. have doubled over the past year in part because
producers have increased exports to Europe and Asia. Exports are up more than
40% during the first six months this year over last.

This underscores how fossil fuels are a U.S. economic and strategic asset.
The Biden Administration’s plan to curtail oil, gas and coal production by
regulation would empower adversaries. especially Russia, Iran and China,
which are the world’s three largest gas producers after the U.S.Americans
are already feeling the pain of rising energy prices. Electricity and utility
gas prices were up 5.2% and 21.1%, respectively, over the last 12 months in
August. Higher energy costs are bleeding into inflation. Some analysts
predict that gas prices could double this winter if U.S. production doesn’t
increase and global demand remains high.

Europe is showing the folly of trying to purge CO2 from the economy. No
matter how heavily subsidized, renewables can’t replace fossil fuels in a
modern economy. Households and businesses get stuck with higher energy bills
even as CO2 emissions increase. Europe’s problems are a warning to the
U.S., if only Democrats would heed it.

VegasJerry

Sep 16, 2021, 2:59:23 PM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 11:22:20 AM UTC-7, Bill Vanek wrote:
> REVIEW & OUTLOOK
>
> Europe’s Climate Lesson for America

(Brought to you by the carbon industry - oil and coal - that my other OP showed are lying and cheating).

> As wind power flags and Energy prices are soaring in Europe, and the effects
> are rippling across the Atlantic.

LOL! The fucking wind slowed down and these fucking parrots are told to shit themselves.

"Oh, it's getting dark! The solar panels are crating a 'power flag.'"

Proving how much more we need alternate power sources.

Thanks for playing....

(I love kicking this fool's ass into next week)

Dutch

Sep 16, 2021, 5:12:32 PM9/16/21
In other words we're screwed.

Bill Vanek

Sep 17, 2021, 12:57:55 AM9/17/21
On Sep 16, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <si0bvq$jcf$2...@dont-email.me>):
Only if we follow the loony progressives down the path to ruin. But ruin is
their goal, so it won’t be easy.

VegasJerry

Sep 17, 2021, 12:06:40 PM9/17/21
No, we're not. Look at the source of the article and their idiot conclusions that only fool idiots, like Vanishing Vanek.

Dutch

Sep 17, 2021, 8:35:21 PM9/17/21
What childish nonsense.

So let me get this straight. Your theory is that we must discount the
opinions of 97% of climate scientists and ignore man-made climate
change, record heat, devastating wildfires and floods around the world
and carry on as if everything was hunky-dory, then everything will work
out. As if I need to remind you, it reached 122 degrees in a town in BC
this summer and that town spontaneously combusted.

I don't think ruin is conservatives' goal, it's just something they are
willing to risk to avoid having to get off the fossil fuel teat.

Bill Vanek

Sep 18, 2021, 5:25:49 PM9/18/21
On Sep 17, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <si3c84$n2f$1...@dont-email.me>):
You are just too fucking stupid to understand exactly what those folks agreed
on. Every last claim of doom in the reports, or just that humans are
responsible to some degree for climate? Do you even know? Do you care? Of
course not.

> and ignore man-made climate
> change, record heat, devastating wildfires and floods around the world
> and carry on as if everything was hunky-dory, then everything will work
> out. As if I need to remind you, it reached 122 degrees in a town in BC
> this summer and that town spontaneously combusted.
>
> I don't think ruin is conservatives' goal, it's just something they are
> willing to risk to avoid having to get off the fossil fuel teat.

The fossil fuels that are needed to keep this planet running. Or do you think
dreams of renewables will keep your furnace running?

Dutch

Sep 18, 2021, 10:27:19 PM9/18/21
What a pile of crap.

>> and ignore man-made climate
>> change, record heat, devastating wildfires and floods around the world
>> and carry on as if everything was hunky-dory, then everything will work
>> out. As if I need to remind you, it reached 122 degrees in a town in BC
>> this summer and that town spontaneously combusted.
>>
>> I don't think ruin is conservatives' goal, it's just something they are
>> willing to risk to avoid having to get off the fossil fuel teat.
>
> The fossil fuels that are needed to keep this planet running. Or do you think
> dreams of renewables will keep your furnace running?

Fossil fuels are necessary now but not forever. We need to begin a
transition to other technologies, soon, if it's not already too late. If
we wait until the oil and coal run out it will be way past too late.

Bill Vanek

Sep 20, 2021, 3:18:48 PM9/20/21
On Sep 18, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <si6761$ucl$1...@dont-email.me>):
You don’t know the answers, but you go on and on and on anyway, as if you
do.

> > > and ignore man-made climate
> > > change, record heat, devastating wildfires and floods around the world
> > > and carry on as if everything was hunky-dory, then everything will work
> > > out. As if I need to remind you, it reached 122 degrees in a town in BC
> > > this summer and that town spontaneously combusted.
> > >
> > > I don't think ruin is conservatives' goal, it's just something they are
> > > willing to risk to avoid having to get off the fossil fuel teat.
> >
> > The fossil fuels that are needed to keep this planet running. Or do you
> > think
> > dreams of renewables will keep your furnace running?
>
> Fossil fuels are necessary now

You admit that? So don’t you think that maybe we should ensure that we have
sufficient power to keep the lights on? Unlike California?

> but not forever. We need to begin a
> transition to other technologies, soon, if it's not already too late. If
> we wait until the oil and coal run out it will be way past too late.

No one is waiting for that, you idiot. We are waiting for *viable*
alternatives. Alternatives that keep the power on even when the sun don’t
shine, and the wind won’t blow.

Dutch

Sep 20, 2021, 3:30:29 PM9/20/21
I never claimed to have all the answers, nobody does. What I am is
willing to face the fact there are looming climate disasters,
exacerbated greatly by human activity.

>>> The fossil fuels that are needed to keep this planet running. Or do you
>>> think
>>> dreams of renewables will keep your furnace running?
>>
>> Fossil fuels are necessary now
>
> You admit that? So don’t you think that maybe we should ensure that we have
> sufficient power to keep the lights on? Unlike California?

There's plenty of light in California, from the glow of a 12 months a
year wild fire season.

>> but not forever. We need to begin a
>> transition to other technologies, soon, if it's not already too late. If
>> we wait until the oil and coal run out it will be way past too late.
>
> No one is waiting for that, you idiot.

Deniers, almost all on the right, claim there is no problem that human
adaptation can solve. It's all just normal earth cycles, despite
scientists screaming otherwise from the rooftops.

> We are waiting for *viable*
> alternatives. Alternatives that keep the power on even when the sun don’t
> shine, and the wind won’t blow.

That's not how battery technology works.

VegasJerry

Sep 20, 2021, 7:00:56 PM9/20/21
It's not an admission, it's fact. Try and keep up... for now.

> So don’t you think that maybe we should ensure that we have
> sufficient power to keep the lights on?

We already do. (Professional answer).

> > but not forever. We need to begin a
> > transition to other technologies, soon, if it's not already too late. If
> > we wait until the oil and coal run out it will be way past too late.

> No one is waiting for that, you idiot. We are waiting for *viable*
> alternatives.

We already have them, "idiot!" (Professional answer).

Bill Vanek

Sep 30, 2021, 11:00:39 PM9/30/21
On Sep 20, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <siangi$g0m$1...@dont-email.me>):
You can’t seem to follow along. I did not mean the answers to climate
change, I meant the answers to my questions. You do not know what is in that
report, and wouldn’t understand it if you did. That, for once, makes you
normal. All you know is what you are told by your favorite sensationalist
news sources that take a quick look at the summary - which is not in
agreement with the report for reasons you would know if you had any
curiosity.

> > > Fossil fuels are necessary now
> >
> > You admit that? So don’t you think that maybe we should ensure that we
> > have
> > sufficient power to keep the lights on? Unlike California?
>
> There's plenty of light in California, from the glow of a 12 months a
> year wild fire season.

All caused by liberal activist groups. I guess it would harm some endangered
rat to remove the fires’ fuel.

> > > but not forever. We need to begin a
> > > transition to other technologies, soon, if it's not already too late. If
> > > we wait until the oil and coal run out it will be way past too late.
> >
> > No one is waiting for that, you idiot.
>
> Deniers, almost all on the right, claim there is no problem that human
> adaptation can solve. It's all just normal earth cycles, despite
> scientists screaming otherwise from the rooftops.

Those aren’t scientists, that’s Anderson Cooper.

> > We are waiting for *viable*
> > alternatives. Alternatives that keep the power on even when the sun don’t
> > shine, and the wind won’t blow.
>
> That's not how battery technology works.

WTF?

Dutch

Oct 1, 2021, 2:35:05 AM10/1/21
Because some climate denying "conservative" source told you so. Because
"conservatives" care about short term profit margins and denying
anything liberals say, whether they are scientists or not, and most
scientists are.

>>> You admit that? So don’t you think that maybe we should ensure that we
>>> have
>>> sufficient power to keep the lights on? Unlike California?
>>
>> There's plenty of light in California, from the glow of a 12 months a
>> year wild fire season.
>
> All caused by liberal activist groups. I guess it would harm some endangered
> rat to remove the fires’ fuel.

What a pile of "conservative" tripe, as usual.

>>> No one is waiting for that, you idiot.
>>
>> Deniers, almost all on the right, claim there is no problem that human
>> adaptation can solve. It's all just normal earth cycles, despite
>> scientists screaming otherwise from the rooftops.
>
> Those aren’t scientists, that’s Anderson Cooper.

No, it is actual scientists.
https://climatecommunication.yale.edu/publications/even-americans-highly-concerned-about-climate-change-dramatically-underestimate-the-scientific-consensus/

>>> We are waiting for *viable*
>>> alternatives. Alternatives that keep the power on even when the sun don’t
>>> shine, and the wind won’t blow.
>>
>> That's not how battery technology works.
>
> WTF?

Did you not just imply that the power goes off when the sun doesn't
shine and the wind doesn't blow? We will never find viable alternatives
unless governments support research. Governments won't fund research as
long as "conservatives" control things.

risky biz

Oct 1, 2021, 3:01:49 AM10/1/21
On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 12:18:48 PM UTC-7, Bill Vanek wrote:

~ We are waiting for *viable*
> alternatives. Alternatives that keep the power on even when the sun don’t
> shine, and the wind won’t blow.

Just like Republicans wanted, and still want, COVID-19 to just go away and just like Republicans wanted to wait for the 2008 financial crisis to just go away. Instead, they expend all their energy on imaginary vote fraud.

Republicans have proved over and over again that they are incapable of leadership. They're like a troop of brainless monkeys.

Bill Vanek

Oct 3, 2021, 12:49:38 PM10/3/21
On Oct 1, 2021, Dutch wrote
(in article <sj6a6j$q1p$1...@dont-email.me>):
Pretty much, just like you take all your liberal sources as gospel. I believe
conservatives because they believe in logic and reason and common sense.

> Because
> "conservatives" care about short term profit margins and denying
> anything liberals say, whether they are scientists or not, and most
> scientists are.

Do you understand that there are plenty of filthy rich liberals? Do you
suppose they all ran their companies like Ben and Jerry? Or do you suppose
that they did exactly the same things that you complain about conservative
doing, and they are now only posturing as saintly liberals?

> > > There's plenty of light in California, from the glow of a 12 months a
> > > year wild fire season.
> >
> > All caused by liberal activist groups. I guess it would harm some endangered
> > rat to remove the fires’ fuel.
>
> What a pile of "conservative" tripe, as usual.

Ini other words, pesky little facts.

> > > Deniers, almost all on the right, claim there is no problem that human
> > > adaptation can solve. It's all just normal earth cycles, despite
> > > scientists screaming otherwise from the rooftops.
> >
> > Those aren’t scientists, that’s Anderson Cooper.
>
> No, it is actual scientists.
> https://climatecommunication.yale.edu/publications/even-americans-highly-conce
> rned-about-climate-change-dramatically-underestimate-the-scientific-consensus/

> > > That's not how battery technology works.
> >
> > WTF?
>
> Did you not just imply that the power goes off when the sun doesn't
> shine and the wind doesn't blow? We will never find viable alternatives
> unless governments support research. Governments won't fund research as
> long as "conservatives" control things.

You are insane. Name a conservative who objected to Trump’s work getting a
virus out, for one.