Allegiant Stadium's Outside Screen

Travel

Aug 22, 2021, 2:38:27 PM8/22/21

risky biz

Aug 22, 2021, 3:34:53 PM8/22/21
On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 11:38:27 AM UTC-7, Travel wrote:
> https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/allegiant-stadium-video-screen-to-be-among-largest-in-las-vegas-1957825/

I wonder how many traffic accidents will result from it?

BTSinAustin

Aug 23, 2021, 12:46:32 PM8/23/21
I saw a video a few years ago about the Vegas power grid, they burn a full train load of coal a day for such useful things as giant ass video signs. Makes sense.

VegasJerry

Aug 23, 2021, 1:26:18 PM8/23/21
They are a private company and they own the coal. They make more money burning coal because they 'charge' us more for that power than when the use solar panels.

Utilities should be nationalized because those on the PUC are bought and paid for.

risky biz

Aug 23, 2021, 9:19:12 PM8/23/21
On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 9:46:32 AM UTC-7, BTSinAustin wrote:
> On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 3:34:53 PM UTC-4, risky biz wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 11:38:27 AM UTC-7, Travel wrote:
> > > https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/allegiant-stadium-video-screen-to-be-among-largest-in-las-vegas-1957825/
> >
> > I wonder how many traffic accidents will result from it?

~ I saw a video a few years ago about the Vegas power grid, they burn a full train load of coal a day for such useful things as giant ass video signs. Makes sense.

The newer video displays may require a lot less energy.

Travel

Aug 24, 2021, 10:02:03 PM8/24/21
On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 2:38:27 PM UTC-4, Travel wrote:
> https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/allegiant-stadium-video-screen-to-be-among-largest-in-las-vegas-1957825/

The inside screen over the end zone in the Jaguar's stadium in Jacksonville, Florida is over 300' long.

The thing is, a screen like that (the Jaguar's inside screen) is the same as a television, and they use it for replays, etc; not sure if the Vegas Raider's "outside screen" has that capability or not; i.e., whether it has programmed promo-advertising-video, or live TV of the games.

If it shows replays of live games, it could very well cause accidents: what's the over/under on the average vehicle in Vegas containing a driver who has a bet on the game?

Travel

Oct 16, 2021, 10:44:38 PM10/16/21

BTSinAustin

Oct 18, 2021, 2:16:23 PM10/18/21
On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 10:02:03 PM UTC-4, Travel wrote:
> On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 2:38:27 PM UTC-4, Travel wrote:
> > https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/allegiant-stadium-video-screen-to-be-among-largest-in-las-vegas-1957825/
>

> The inside screen over the end zone in the Jaguar's stadium in Jacksonville, Florida is over 300' long.

That is the only good thing in that stadium. Went to the blowout Packers, Saints game. 2nd worst stadium I have been in, the only one worse was the Airforce Academy. Nice Screen though.