knocing people out in sng's

Drew Stokesbary

Jul 6, 2004, 7:54:54 PM7/6/04
i play lots of low limit sit n gos on party pacific stars etc. ($5, $10).
i always am entertained when i can knock out the first several people.
today i knocked out the first 6. i got second in the tournament (while i
knocked people out, they were all pretty low stacks). i finished having
knocked 7 of 8 out (because i could not knock out myself or the guy who
got 1st). then, the very next tourney, i knocked the first 5 out and won
the tournament this time, and knocked out 8 of 9 by the time it was over.
has anybody else been able to match this feat? even in back to back
tournaments? anybody ever knock all 9 out?

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com

Oliver Tse

Jul 6, 2004, 8:00:47 PM7/6/04
You only need to knock out ONE player to win a tournament: the LAST ONE.

It doesn't matter that you knocked out 7 or 8 players if you end up losing
to tournament.

With the exception of a "bounty" tournament, you get paid the same amount
of money for your place regardless of how many players you knock out.

Drew Stokesbary

Jul 6, 2004, 8:05:45 PM7/6/04
yeah i understand that. believe it or not, i'm not 4 years old and i have
been playing poker longer than one week. this being a poker newsgroup, i
took "group" and "news" to mean a group of people talking about "news" all
related to this thing called "poker." so i thought it would be an
interesting topic of converstaion (Especially since half of what i read
has to do with micheal moore and the arabs beheading americans) to discuss
if somebody actually got enough good cards for long enough to knock every
single one of the ppl at the table out himself

GambleAB

Jul 6, 2004, 8:16:08 PM7/6/04
Sounds like you are to agressive and put yourself in to many coinflip
situations.
I would rather knock out one person and get first than knock out 8 people
and get second.

GambleAB

Jul 6, 2004, 8:23:39 PM7/6/04
Yes, but your post is equivilent to saying "HEY! I called with 72o and the
flop came 772 and I won a huge pot! Has anyone else done that?"
That being said, why are you shitting on people adding to your
conversation? Just because the replys aren't what you hoped for doesn't
mean they aren't valid.

On Jul 7 2004 12:05AM, Drew Stokesbary wrote:

> yeah i understand that. believe it or not, i'm not 4 years old and i have
> been playing poker longer than one week. this being a poker newsgroup, i
> took "group" and "news" to mean a group of people talking about "news" all
> related to this thing called "poker." so i thought it would be an
> interesting topic of converstaion (Especially since half of what i read
> has to do with micheal moore and the arabs beheading americans) to discuss
> if somebody actually got enough good cards for long enough to knock every
> single one of the ppl at the table out himself

greg

Jul 6, 2004, 9:19:53 PM7/6/04

"GambleAB" <anon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Yes, but your post is equivilent to saying "HEY! I called with 72o and the
> flop came 772 and I won a huge pot! Has anyone else done that?"

http://freespace.virgin.net/greg.poker/pacific1.jpg

eleaticus

Jul 6, 2004, 11:12:35 PM7/6/04

"GambleAB" <anon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, but your post is equivilent to saying "HEY! I called with 72o and the
> flop came 772 and I won a huge pot! Has anyone else done that?"

Oh, bullshit. It is the equivalent of sitting around the table in the
barroom and saying "hehe, I knocked out seven of them!"

Why not?

eleaticus

eleaticus

Jul 6, 2004, 11:13:28 PM7/6/04

> Sounds like you are to agressive and put yourself in to many coinflip
> situations.
> I would rather knock out one person and get first than knock out 8 people
> and get second.

There you go!

WizeGuy33

Jul 7, 2004, 11:15:24 AM7/7/04
On UB I once knocked all 9 other players out of a 10-person SNG. By
the end of it, I had 5 railbirds screaming "cheat" over and over. It
was quite a rush. I sent them a request for hand histories, but
obviously I never got them.

Edju Martin

Jul 7, 2004, 4:14:47 PM7/7/04
"Drew Stokesbary" <anon...@duke.edu> wrote in message news:<t7HGc.156639$ef4....@news.easynews.com>...

> yeah i understand that. believe it or not, i'm not 4 years old and i have
> been playing poker longer than one week. this being a poker newsgroup, i
> took "group" and "news" to mean a group of people talking about "news" all
> related to this thing called "poker." so i thought it would be an
> interesting topic of converstaion (Especially since half of what i read
> has to do with micheal moore and the arabs beheading americans) to discuss
> if somebody actually got enough good cards for long enough to knock every
> single one of the ppl at the table out himself

And it has been discussed that you have no point.

Or is that not discussion in your eyes?