Covid cases exploding in Texas and Florida

BillB

Sep 19, 2021, 3:26:49 PM9/19/21
Probably just a coincidence.

Patrick Stanulonis

Sep 19, 2021, 4:12:15 PM9/19/21
On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 3:26:49 PM UTC-4, BillB wrote:
> Probably just a coincidence.
It's no coincidence. 200,000 un-vaccinated, untested people are pouring into the United States each month. Southern states are taking the brunt of the invasion.
It is being done deliberately.

Pierre Trudeau

Sep 19, 2021, 4:25:41 PM9/19/21
I notice he didn't mention California's 7 day average new case count is higher than both Texas and Florida

BillB

Sep 19, 2021, 4:29:56 PM9/19/21
Uh, there are about 10 million people in Florida not fully vaccinated, and another 15 million in Texas. But if blaming the brown people helps you sleep at night, who am I to judge?

BillB

Sep 19, 2021, 4:32:03 PM9/19/21
The California government is doing everything they can to encourage people to get vaccinated. My post was about governmental negligence and PROMOTING the spread of the disease.

BillB

Sep 19, 2021, 4:38:18 PM9/19/21
By the way, if you want to look at it on a more macro level, IIRC the US had about 25,000 Covid deaths in the last two weeks. Canada had under 400. Now look at the vaccination rates between the two countries.

Pierre Trudeau

Sep 19, 2021, 4:49:17 PM9/19/21
Number of vaccinations given in the past 14 days.
California 1,215,924
Texas 1,209,275
Florida 893,036

BillB

Sep 19, 2021, 4:55:54 PM9/19/21
What does that have to do with what I said?

Pierre Trudeau

Sep 19, 2021, 6:16:18 PM9/19/21
Well, gee whiz, Wally, with California doing everything they can to encourage people and Texas being neglectful, ya gotta wonder why their recent vaccination numbers are virtually identical. Florida isn't far behind either especially if you consider they have about half California's population.

BillB

Sep 19, 2021, 6:26:00 PM9/19/21
You don't think what I said is accurate? Perhaps you think it's the opposite? It's really DeSantis and Abbott who are doing everything they can while Newsom does nothing? Honestly, I thought it was DeSantis threatening legal action against local school boards trying to protect their students. Maybe that was Newsom.

Pierre Trudeau

Sep 19, 2021, 6:33:48 PM9/19/21
What you said doesnt matter, what's actually happening does.

BillB

Sep 19, 2021, 6:55:41 PM9/19/21
Look at a current covid map to see what's "actually happening." There is a very obvious explosion of covid cases in the Southeast red states where vaccination rates are low and state and local governments have made covid mitigation a low priority. It is undeniable.

VegasJerry

Sep 20, 2021, 12:25:14 PM9/20/21
On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 1:12:15 PM UTC-7, Patrick Stanulonis wrote:
Doesn't matter, considering the millions already here un-vaccinated.
At least most those coming across the border are being flown home.

CNBC WORLD NEWS
U.S. removes migrants from Texas border camp, begins flights to Haiti
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/19/us-may-fly-haitian-migrants-home-from-texas-starting-sunday.html

-

The Biden administration will lift restrictions on fully vaccinated international travelers in November. (NYTimes)

Sept. 20, 2021
Updated 11:49 a.m. ET

The Biden administration will lift travel restrictions starting in November on foreigners who are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, reopening the country to thousands of people, including those who have been separated from family in the United States during the pandemic.

The foreign travelers will need to show proof of vaccination before boarding and a negative test for the coronavirus within three days before coming to the United States, Jeff Zients, the White House pandemic coordinator, said Monday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/us/politics/us-travel-ban.html

Mossingen

Sep 24, 2021, 1:01:58 PM9/24/21
"BillB" wrote in message
________

Bzzzzzt! That's not the point you were trying to make. You tried to make
it sound like states with more right-wing citizens were causing greater
infection rates.

California is home to more batshit-crazy liberals than anywhere in the U.S.
Kinda tanks your theory.

Also, remember Sweden? How you thought their experiment in doing basically
nothing and let it play out would result in genocidal mortality rates?
COVID did pretty much the same thing there as it did everywhere else, only
without the shutdowns and insane liberal bullshit.

Tim Norfolk

Sep 24, 2021, 2:09:39 PM9/24/21
Except that Sweden did lock down. Just not as severely as some countries. In addition, their Covid death rate last year was much higher than the other Baltic and Scandinavian nations.

VegasJerry

Sep 24, 2021, 4:22:58 PM9/24/21
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 10:01:58 AM UTC-7, Mossingen wrote:
> "BillB" wrote in message
> On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 1:25:41 PM UTC-7, Pierre Trudeau wrote:
> > On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 3:12:15 PM UTC-5, Patrick Stanulonis
> > wrote:
> > > It's no coincidence. 200,000 un-vaccinated, untested people are pouring
> > > into the United States each month. Southern states are taking the brunt
> > > of the invasion.
> > > It is being done deliberately.
> > I notice he didn't mention California's 7 day average new case count is
> > higher than both Texas and Florida
>
> The California government is doing everything they can to encourage people
> to get vaccinated. My post was about governmental negligence and PROMOTING
> the spread of the disease.
> ________
>

> Bzzzzzt! That's not the point you were trying to make. You tried to make
> it sound like states with more right-wing citizens were causing greater
> infection rates.

Looks right to me.

> California is home to more batshit-crazy liberals than anywhere in the U.S.

Hmmm. The most prosperous state in the country, the salad bowl of the country,
and the best you can do is make up bullshit statements like that?

> Kinda tanks your theory.

Kinda doesn't.
(And you can't show that it does...)

BillB

Sep 24, 2021, 8:18:05 PM9/24/21
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 10:01:58 AM UTC-7, Mossingen wrote:
> "BillB" wrote in message
> On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 1:25:41 PM UTC-7, Pierre Trudeau wrote:
> > On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 3:12:15 PM UTC-5, Patrick Stanulonis
> > wrote:
> > > It's no coincidence. 200,000 un-vaccinated, untested people are pouring
> > > into the United States each month. Southern states are taking the brunt
> > > of the invasion.
> > > It is being done deliberately.
> > I notice he didn't mention California's 7 day average new case count is
> > higher than both Texas and Florida
>
> The California government is doing everything they can to encourage people
> to get vaccinated. My post was about governmental negligence and PROMOTING
> the spread of the disease.
> ________
>

> Bzzzzzt! That's not the point you were trying to make. You tried to make
> it sound like states with more right-wing citizens were causing greater
> infection rates.

Yes, that is what I was saying. And it's true. Cherry-picking an exception to the general rule doesn't prove anything, except dishonesty or an inability to reason.

> California is home to more batshit-crazy liberals than anywhere in the U.S.
> Kinda tanks your theory.

No, it doesn't.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/red-blue-states-covid-cases-deaths-wapo_n_613d675fe4b0640100a5a973

> Also, remember Sweden? How you thought their experiment in doing basically
> nothing and let it play out would result in genocidal mortality rates?

I don't think I said said anything about "genocidal" mortality rates.

> COVID did pretty much the same thing there as it did everywhere else, only
> without the shutdowns and insane liberal bullshit.

Geography plays a role too. Scandinavia is relatively isolated from central Europe so its rates are somewhat lower than the rest of Europe, but if you look at a COVID case map it is plain as day that Sweden's strategy has been a total failure compared to the infection rates of its neighbors. It's not a coincidence.

VegasJerry

Sep 25, 2021, 12:31:05 PM9/25/21
***** Nothing shown *****

(MossWipe off and running - and hiding - again.....)