Inflation low, Wages High

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 12, 2023, 9:41:30 AM7/12/23
Inflation down to 3%, Wages up 4%, S&P500 up 17% YTD.
Poppy must be so depressed to see things going so well
for the USA.

--bks

Paul Popinjay

Jul 12, 2023, 10:51:42 AM7/12/23
I'm not depressed. I'm as happy as a clam, knowing that you will be living on the streets in a cardboard box. It makes me feel good. I hate your guts.

Paul Popinjay

Jul 12, 2023, 10:52:57 AM7/12/23
PS: And ditto to Jerry.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 12, 2023, 10:54:04 AM7/12/23
Paul Popinjay <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 6:41:30 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> Inflation down to 3%, Wages up 4%, S&P500 up 17% YTD.
>> Poppy must be so depressed to see things going so well
>> for the USA.
>
>I'm not depressed. I'm as happy as a clam, knowing that you will be
>living on the streets in a cardboard box. It makes me feel good. I
>hate your guts.

A nice cardboard box, with shrubbery!

--bks

Paul Popinjay

Jul 12, 2023, 9:49:14 PM7/12/23
On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 7:54:04 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> A nice cardboard box, with shrubbery!
>
> --bks

The Dollar Index is 100.54, I can't remember it being that low. That's why gold and silver skyrocketed today. The Dollar, and our economy, is history. Fool.

Tim Norfolk

Jul 12, 2023, 10:24:38 PM7/12/23
Ni!

BillB

Jul 12, 2023, 10:32:13 PM7/12/23
On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 6:49:14 PM UTC-7, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> The Dollar Index is 100.54, I can't remember it being that low.

It was lower than that for about 95% of the last 20 years. You might want to have your doctor check your medications.

BillB

Jul 12, 2023, 10:41:47 PM7/12/23
On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 6:41:30 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> Inflation down to 3%

That doesn't mean hyperinflation isn't right around the corner. It could happen this time!

jack roth

Jul 13, 2023, 7:56:22 AM7/13/23
1. The DXY charts definitely say it's headed lower...next stop is 97.
2. DXY is just USD vs some currencies which is all relative. Now, what counts is all fiat currencies vs commodities like gold. And, via naked shorting and massive leverage our govt has been able to suppress prices of commodities via the big banks who own the Fed and need to protect fiat currencies. Problem for those banks and the Fed right now is if the commodity producing nations create a commodity backed currency, it'll be slowly be able to dismantle this price suppression scheme going on by Western Govts/Fed/Banking powers.
3. Furthermore, if everyone gets off the petrodollar, there will be a much smaller demand for USD on Forex which which was specifically what protected the USD after Nixon took us off the gold standard.
4. Eventually, commodities will become very expensive in USD and this will hurt the standard of living in the USA. The USA is trying to counter this right now by the the fastest ever onshoring of manufacturing back into the USA and quite possibly trying to corner certain industries including Weapons, semiconductors, and food so we'll have some leverage on the rest of the world when it comes to future trading for commodities.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 13, 2023, 8:24:24 AM7/13/23
jack roth <jackden...@gmail.com> wrote:

LOL at "eventually".

Predicting the future is hard, but right now wages are up,
inflation is low, and unemployment is at record lows. Sorry
that reality is causing your heads to explode, but facts
are facts.

--bks

Grunty

Jul 13, 2023, 10:37:29 AM7/13/23
On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 9:24:24 AM UTC-3, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> jack roth wrote:
>
> LOL at "eventually".
>
> Predicting the future is hard, but right now wages are up,
> inflation is low, and unemployment is at record lows.

Chuckle at "right now".

You sound jerryfied.

da pickle

Jul 13, 2023, 11:26:05 AM7/13/23
Jerry Fried

BillB

Jul 13, 2023, 12:59:31 PM7/13/23
Nobody is stopping you from betting your net worth against America. Go for it. Just keep in mind that strategy has a worse than dismal track record.

Paul Popinjay

Jul 13, 2023, 1:53:15 PM7/13/23
On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 9:59:31 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

> Nobody is stopping you from betting your net worth against America. Go for it. Just keep in mind that strategy has a worse than dismal track record.

It was so much better when we thought you were in Mexico, being held by the cartels. Of course, even they wouldn't want you.

jack roth

Jul 13, 2023, 5:16:13 PM7/13/23
Ok, bullshit. REAL wages are lower than they were before the pandemic. Inflation is in no way low. The inflation number is contrived and re-jiggered and massaged constantly to meet their desired number. You can go see for yourself on shadowstats. Furthermore, the inflation that matters to poor people is out of control. The unemployment numbers are outright fake When you lose a bunch of high paid people but then gain some min wage workers THAT is not a good job market. You literally know nothing about economics.

jack roth

Jul 13, 2023, 5:26:49 PM7/13/23
On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 9:59:31 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
That is a VERY ignorant way of looking at things for a number of reasons. 1. The entire lifetime of the market is a phony way to look at it since it's longer than anyone's time frame. If you want to look at the best return since 2000, Gold beat everything including any index in the stock market. 2. The truth is the market goes in four distinct cycles like seasons, so the most effective way to invest is to follow the cycles going in one type of investment at times and other iinvestments at other times. Currently, we're just entering a commodity supercycle which don't happen often, so investing in commodities is your best best....furthermore, there are other factors happening simultaneously that are also good for commodities, including inflation, fiat currency/debt crises globally, etc. You see, when interest rates are high, it gets expensive to finance business, so all those stocks you are touting right now like a moron are only bubbling high because they took out enormous cheap debt years ago to buyback stock...well, now with higher interest rates, when they need to roll their bonds to the higher rate, they won't be able to service their debt and you'll be/are seeing many many companies going bankrupty. So, you are an ignorant jackoff saying stocks are way to be right now. We need to go thru a bankruptcy cycle which will maybe get rates brought back down and at some point maybe high tech and stronger companies re-emerge. So, BillB, quit talking out your ass about the market. Right now, metals, cash, etc are the best investments. Maybe in a couple years this changes....like I said, this shit comes and goes in cycles.

Tim Norfolk

Jul 13, 2023, 5:49:19 PM7/13/23
This obsession that economic issues actually run in cycles is a fiction which keeps lots of finance 'experts' and economists in business.

RichD

Jul 13, 2023, 8:50:00 PM7/13/23
On July 13, jack roth wrote:
> > Predicting the future is hard, but right now wages are up,
> > inflation is low,

> Ok, bullshit. REAL wages are lower than they were before the pandemic.

With real leadership, we'd have Zimbabwe level wages, the highest
in the world -

https://www.geopoliticalmonitor.com/new-currency-new-hope-for-zimbabwe/

> Inflation is in no way low.

Not so, prices have rolled back to 2020 levels, thanks to Bidenomunism,
have they not? Inflation is cured!

--
Rich

Paul Popinjay

Jul 13, 2023, 9:22:07 PM7/13/23
On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 4:56:22 AM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:

> 1. The DXY charts definitely say it's headed lower...next stop is 97.

99.75

BillB

Jul 13, 2023, 9:39:25 PM7/13/23
> That is a VERY ignorant way of looking at things for a number of reasons. 1. The entire lifetime of the market is a phony way to look at it since it's longer than anyone's time frame. If you want to look at the best return since 2000, Gold beat everything including any index in the stock market. 2. The truth is the market goes in four distinct cycles like seasons, so the most effective way to invest is to follow the cycles going in one type of investment at times and other iinvestments at other times. Currently, we're just entering a commodity supercycle which don't happen often, so investing in commodities is your best best....furthermore, there are other factors happening simultaneously that are also good for commodities, including inflation, fiat currency/debt crises globally, etc. You see, when interest rates are high, it gets expensive to finance business, so all those stocks you are touting right now like a moron are only bubbling high because they took out enormous cheap debt years ago to buyback stock...well, now with higher interest rates, when they need to roll their bonds to the higher rate, they won't be able to service their debt and you'll be/are seeing many many companies going bankrupty. So, you are an ignorant jackoff saying stocks are way to be right now. We need to go thru a bankruptcy cycle which will maybe get rates brought back down and at some point maybe high tech and stronger companies re-emerge. So, BillB, quit talkin>g out your ass about the market. Right now, metals, cash, etc are the best investments. Maybe in a couple years this changes....like I said, this shit comes and goes in >cycles.

Seems like you are hitting the pipe a little hard today. I stated two facts. Both true.

BillB

Jul 13, 2023, 9:40:32 PM7/13/23
I checked in from time time. This place is boring as hell without me.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 3:41:23 AM7/14/23
Tell me what prices have rolled back? Certainly not car prices. Certainly not healthcare. Certainly not any food or utility prices. Housing in many markets is still in a bubble. Even a worse crime that I left out is that taxes aren't accounted for in CPI. So, when government keeps jacking up your taxes...like CA is sure as hell doing constantly, they act like it's not inflation.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 3:42:08 AM7/14/23
Wish I could post charts here, but you'll notice the DXY started tanking immediately after the Janet Yellen trip to China.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 3:46:16 AM7/14/23
Your "facts" are meaningless and a patently ignorant way of viewing investing. BTW, if you think you are such a hotshot investor, set up one of those little online contests where we have competing portfolios. I'm totally game. Time to learn your lesson, Hoss.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 5:37:22 AM7/14/23
Facts don't "view investing." They are simply facts.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 8:07:27 AM7/14/23
It's a fact gold has been the vest investment out there since 2000.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 8:34:39 AM7/14/23
Oh, and if you also claimed inflation is low, you are totally full of shit. You see, new taxes are worse than inflation(as a canadian you should know that already) and don't even count on the inflation stats. So, even if inflation is zero, all these new taxes account for way more money than any wage increases. That's why everyone is feeling pretty broke....because they are.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 9:18:13 AM7/14/23
If you invested $10,000 in gold at the beginning of 2000 you now have about $68,000. Not bad. If you invested $10,000 in Apple at the beginning of 2003 you now about $6.6 million. Somewhat better. So your claim that gold "has been the best investment out there since 2000" is a wee bit of an exaggeration. You knew in 2000 that big tech was going to be huger than it already was, right? Every hotshot investor did. But you bet on a hunk of metal instead of 'Merica? Shame on you.

da pickle

Jul 14, 2023, 9:18:17 AM7/14/23
Sometimes, comments that are presented with details of what the poster
intends and means by the words used is more interesting/informative than
a snipe without more.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 9:27:56 AM7/14/23
Your statement is internally inconsistent. On the one hand you acknowledge that taxes and inflation are two different things when you say "new taxes are worse than inflation," yet you try to conflate them when you say "if you also claimed inflation is low, you are totally full of shit." Taxes and inflation are two different things. You can have low inflation at the same time you have tax increases. Right now the CPI is 3%. That's below the post-WWII average and pretty low compared the Trump inflation when it peaked at 9.1%.

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 10:36:06 AM7/14/23
On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 2:16:13 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
> On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 5:24:24 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> > jack roth <jackden...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > LOL at "eventually".
> >
> > Predicting the future is hard, but right now wages are up,
> > inflation is low, and unemployment is at record lows. Sorry
> > that reality is causing your heads to explode, but facts
> > are facts.
> >
> > --bks
> Ok, bullshit. REAL wages are lower than they were before the pandemic.

Then you should have no trouble showing us. Or linking to your bullshit conspiracy site.

President Biden's economy is growing like crazy. Job rates, unemployment, you name it.
They only thing you dodgers have is your congressional committee trying to indite your own
Republican FBI boss. And don't tell Irish Mick, the committee wants to DEFEND THE FBI.

LOL and you whiney bitches.....!

Paul Popinjay

Jul 14, 2023, 10:49:36 AM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 6:18:13 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

> If you invested $10,000 in gold at the beginning of 2000 you now have about $68,000. Not bad. If you invested $10,000 in Apple at the beginning of 2003 you now about $6.6 million.

If I "invested" in gold, I have real money. If I invest in Apple, I have fake money.

Paul Popinjay

Jul 14, 2023, 10:53:11 AM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 6:27:56 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

> Your statement is internally inconsistent. On the one hand you acknowledge that taxes and inflation are two different things when you say "new taxes are worse than inflation," yet you try to conflate them when you say "if you also claimed inflation is low, you are totally full of shit." Taxes and inflation are two different things. You can have low inflation at the same time you have tax increases. Right now the CPI is 3%. That's below the post-WWII average and pretty low compared the Trump inflation when it peaked at 9.1%.

A can of garbanzo beans has traditionally cost me 98 cents to a dollar, depending on brand. Yesterday I paid $1.48. Stick 3% up you fucking ass.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 10:54:43 AM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 7:36:06 AM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 2:16:13 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:

> > Ok, bullshit. REAL wages are lower than they were before the pandemic.

> Then you should have no trouble showing us. Or linking to your bullshit conspiracy site.

Real weekly earnings are still down *very slightly* since just before the pandemic, which were the highest since forever. I really don't understand what all the whining is about.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 14, 2023, 10:56:32 AM7/14/23
Try spending gold at Safeway. They prefer plastic.

--bks

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 11:06:49 AM7/14/23
So you'd rather have $68,000 in gold bars than $6.6 million in Apple stock? That makes you a certified idiot.

Paul Popinjay

Jul 14, 2023, 11:38:32 AM7/14/23
I prefer real money, as in Constitutional Silver. Not fake money, as in Monopoly Money.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 12:25:46 PM7/14/23
You ignorant moron, precisely nobody puts it all on a single stock. And, YOU yourself was talking the indexes....sp500, etc. So quit moving the goal posts. Heck, I can show you mining stocks that went 1000x. If you bought bitcoin early enough, you'd make a lot more than apple. See how easy it is to move goal posts, you moron.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 12:26:59 PM7/14/23
Hey dumbass, you can get plastic credit cards backed by your physical gold on deposit. so, ya, you can have gold and use it easily.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 12:42:45 PM7/14/23
I didn't say anything about the S&P 500. You just made that up. The only index I talked about was the US Dollar Index, and that was only to correct Popinjay's claim that it is at the lowest level he could ever remember (and this is a guy who can remember poker hands he played in the '70s).

But what YOU said is, "It's a fact gold has been the best investment out there since 2000." That's very clearly makes you the moron, not me. And Apple isn't some obscure penny stock that blew up. It is a tech giant that was SCREAMING at you to buy it in the early 2000s. But like an idiot you went and bought a hunk of metal instead. LOLOL You realize that makes you even dumber than Forrest Gump, right?

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 12:51:01 PM7/14/23
Ok, you are full on lying right now...when does your timeframe begin, because it's sure as hell not "forever". 1973 has higher real wages . And, BTW, ONCE AGAIN that doesn't factor in all the new taxes which just destroy those current real wages, so your argument about real wages is meanin gless. Furthermore, we''re entering recession right now and those real wages will be going right back down. 4th, those real wages don't factor in all the people not working do they? Because you can really fake that state...for example pay a single guy in the US to work $1Trilling/year and have everyone else unemployed....the real average wage would suddenly be $1Trillion/year....similarly, at the labor participation rate....still lower now than before the pandemic, you ignorant fool. You are pretty obtuse when it comes to economics.

Tim Norfolk

Jul 14, 2023, 12:54:40 PM7/14/23
The prices for the animal feed that I buy dropped 5% this week, after rising for a couple of years.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 12:54:46 PM7/14/23
Yes, and Gold IS the best investment because precisely nobody is insane enough to put 100% of their investment on a volatile stock....and even if they do have magnificent gains, nobody holds it all and sells at the exact peak you moron. Furthermore, If you want to throw down aapl as your moron example, I can just as easily bring up a number of stocks that have had crazy gains, too....or we could sit here and all go off the deep end and talk about how we'd all own the world had we only got into bitcoin and held it till the peak. It's really stupid arguments you are making that don't fit in any proper analysis if investing because you just don't put all your assets into a single stock

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 12:57:59 PM7/14/23
Could be a lot of reasons for that....it's called the free market...sometimes they bring in a new cheaper brand...sometimes they drop the price 5% and then sell you a smaller size...called shrinkflation...happening in all grocery stores right now. Or, being that feed is a commodity, there are different weather events that can cause a bumper crop one year lowering price and maybe drought the next year raising the price. The price change alone you are spewing about isn't enough information to tell us what's going on.....and BTW, how much did your feed go up the last couple years....100%? 70%? 5% isn't much of a break....especially when it can go right back up next year.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 1:16:00 PM7/14/23
You don't know what you are talking about, and you didn't need to put all your money in Apple. I gave you that as but one example of how patently absurd and stupid your claim was that gold has been the best investment since 2000 (and calling that "a fact"). Do you need me to give you a dozen more VERY obvious examples in the tech sector? You really didn't understand in 2000 that tech was a huge investment opportunity? And your claim about gold being the best investment in the last 23 years is only a little more absurd than your claim that people don't buy blue chip stocks and hold them for decades. That is patently false. You should really look into the economic concept of opportunity cost before you get distracted by any more shiny objects. Oh well, at least you had something pretty to play with when you got bored with your action figures.

RichD

Jul 14, 2023, 2:16:55 PM7/14/23
On July 14, jack roth wrote:
>> > If you want to look at the best return since 2000, Gold beat everything including any index in the stock market.
> Yes, and Gold IS the best investment because precisely nobody is insane enough to put 100% of their
> investment on a volatile stock

let's look at the numbers.

S&P 500:
https://www.slickcharts.com/sp500/returns

Since 2001, 18 years up, 5 years down.
Net, an average +6% / year, which compounds.
So, $100 in 2001, at 6% / year, compounded over 23 years, total: $380

gold:
2001: $400 / oz
2023: $1950 / oz
$100 ==> $480

Gold wins.
BUT: a large portion of that run started in April 2020,
distorted by the COVID crisis. Thus not reliable, long term.

Something interesting:
https://sdbullion.com/gold-prices-2016
Gold starts to rise, in June 2016.... as Countess Dracula is the big favorite
for Empress. Then, in November, the floor drops!

--
Rich

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 3:35:10 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 7:54:43 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
.

Well, they can't whine about Hillary anymore; 8 congressional investigations and they go nothing. They can't whine about Hunter; 4-years of STILL FINDING NOTHING on his office desktop. Fox News admits it lies to it's viewers. The Republican want to defund the police, the FBI and hate our military. The economy is going great guns, unemployment lowest in 40-years. Trump faces multiple indictments and All the President's men are testifying against him.

There's just not much left to whine about.

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 3:39:06 PM7/14/23
WHA! HA~Ha!. I did, you fucking moron, and on advice of my broker and CPA.
.

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 3:44:59 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 9:51:01 AM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
> On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 7:54:43 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

> > > Then you should have no trouble showing us. Or linking to your bullshit conspiracy site.
> > Real weekly earnings are still down *very slightly* since just before the pandemic, which were the highest since forever. I really don't understand what all the whining is about.
> Ok, you are full on lying right now...when does your timeframe begin, because it's sure as hell not "forever". 1973 has higher real wages .
.

> And, BTW, ONCE AGAIN that doesn't factor in all the new taxes which just destroy those current real wages.

THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE SHOWING US THOSE NEW TAXES...

(It is SO fucking easy to shut the mouth of this fucking idiot..........)
.

LOL!
.
.
.
.

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 3:51:09 PM7/14/23
.
.

> You don't know what you are talking about...

That about sums it up for this blabbermouth. There's no arguing with a fool like this. Like Trump and his party, they
simple say anything that come into their pointed little mind, then rant on.

Fucking waste of time, other than to make fun of...
.
.
.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 3:56:29 PM7/14/23
"The Oracle of Omaha believes that diversification is only necessary if you don't know what you're doing. Despite overseeing $347 billion in invested assets, approximately 89% of Warren Buffett's portfolio is concentrated in only 11 stocks." -- The Motley Fool

Yet another "ignorant moron" who buys stock and holds it for decades. He should hire Jack as an investment advisor before he loses it all!

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 4:10:31 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 9:51:01 AM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:

> Ok, you are full on lying right now...when does your timeframe begin, because it's sure as hell not "forever". 1973 has higher real wages . And, BTW, ONCE AGAIN that doesn't factor in all the new taxes which just destroy those current real wages, so your argument about real wages is meanin gless.

Uh, you were the one who brought up real wages, but now they are "meaningless" because it contradicts your narrative? Every inconvenient fact is suddenly "meaningless" to you.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEPAINUSA672N

After tax is even more pronounced:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A229RX0

Where do you get your economic information from? Tucker Carlson by any chance?

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 14, 2023, 4:11:15 PM7/14/23
jack roth <jackden...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 7:56:32 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> Paul Popinjay <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> >about $68,000. Not bad. If you invested $10,000 in Apple at the
>> >beginning of 2003 you now about $6.6 million.
>> >
>> >If I "invested" in gold, I have real money. If I invest in Apple, I
>> >have fake money.
>> Try spending gold at Safeway. They prefer plastic.
>
>Hey dumbass, you can get plastic credit cards backed by your physical
>gold on deposit. so, ya, you can have gold and use it easily.

Only be converting it to fiat, as you admit. They will take a
$50 bill at Safeway, but not a krugerrand.

--bks

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 6:26:24 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 11:16:55 AM UTC-7, RichD wrote:
> > Yes, and Gold IS the best investment because precisely nobody is insane enough to put 100% of their
> > investment on a volatile stock
> let's look at the numbers.
>
> S&P 500:
> https://www.slickcharts.com/sp500/returns
>
> Since 2001, 18 years up, 5 years down.
> Net, an average +6% / year, which compounds.
> So, $100 in 2001, at 6% / year, compounded over 23 years, total: $380
>
> gold:
> 2001: $400 / oz
> 2023: $1950 / oz
> $100 ==> $480
>
> Gold wins.
> BUT: a large portion of that run started in April 2020,
> distorted by the COVID crisis. Thus not reliable, long term.
--
> Rich

Bullshit on two points. 1. Saying a large portion of the run started is april 2020 is fraudulent because literally everything tanked in 2020. Go from 2000-2019 and it was already winning. 2. Re reliable long term. First of all, gold has been reliable for thousands of years. You can buy these days pretty much the same as you could buy in ancient Rome....so it matches inflation....it's great insurance and very reliable. Second, if you read my earlier posts, I pointed out the different seasons in investing. I'd say most of the time Gold isn't your best bet. Often there are high tech cycle booms where your money is better invested. However, in commodity cycles, precious metals are the best investment though it's often for shorter periods. Regarding to long term investments it's the most reliable investment as you know it's never going to zero. The list of stocks that end up at zero is endless...including some of the best stocks that ever existed. 3. This cycle isn't only being considered a commodity supercycle, but also there is a whole lot of additional risk out there including fiat currencies hyperinflating, high interest rates destroying stocks, and war everywhere. The way you get through these risks is gold....and has always been the way to get through these risks. 4. I'm not saying always hold the gold and once we get through this, I'll start rotating investments into other types of stocks including those that pay regular dividends in a way that'll be appropriate with my age at the time. Wildcard: Silver....silver will be going mostly extinct in the years to come....it might get very expensive soon with growing solar and EV needs.

BillB

Jul 14, 2023, 6:38:04 PM7/14/23
lolol...lay off the ZeroHedge. It is rotting your brain. You've gone from "gold was the best investment since 2000" to "most of the time gold isn't your best bet." You are even confusing yourself with your gibberish.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 8:04:33 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 12:39:06 PM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:

> > You ignorant moron, precisely nobody puts it all on a single stock.
> WHA! HA~Ha!. I did, you fucking moron, and on advice of my broker and CPA.

So, let me get this straight. You think salesmen(brokers) and bean counters(CPAs) somehow nothing anything about investing. That's rich.

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 8:07:58 PM7/14/23
.

Yea. I was about 5-years from retirement and I showed my CPA where this one stock was really doing good (this is in the 90's where everybody was making money in the marked). I asked if I should diversify, just to be safe. He said, "Why? You're making good money. If this stock failed for some reason, you still have a number of working years left to recover."

I stayed with it and made between 10 to 20%, all the way to retirement.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 8:12:39 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 12:56:29 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
> "The Oracle of Omaha believes that diversification is only necessary if you don't know what you're doing. Despite overseeing $347 billion in invested assets, approximately 89% of Warren Buffett's portfolio is concentrated in only 11 stocks." -- The Motley Fool

Hey dumbass. Buffett diversifies. And, what I mean by diversifying really isn't different stocks, but different assets. Because all stocks can tank simultaneously. Buffet actually doesn't have much money in stocks. He buys businesses and for many many years, he wouldn't even buy a single tech stock, but now he hires people who buy apple. But, Buffett invests in different countries, different types of businesses. And his stock analysis sometimes is complete shit. He couldn't figure out how companies like google or FB could make money. Oh, and at times, he's purchased unbelievable quantities of precious metals. And, sometimes, he holds bizarre amounts of cash even at times when he's not making money on it.

> Yet another "ignorant moron" who buys stock and holds it for decades. He should hire Jack as an investment advisor before he loses it all!

You have no idea at all what I hold. I have various asset classes. And, BTW, you probably hold your biggest asset classes for decades....your house, so you are being a hypocrite.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 8:14:14 PM7/14/23
Don't be stupid. Safeway isn't holding onto fiat either. They are converting it to many things....more food for example...perhaps some of their employees are converting their fiat paychecks to gold.

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 8:15:27 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 5:04:33 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
> On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 12:39:06 PM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:
> > > You ignorant moron, precisely nobody puts it all on a single stock.
> > WHA! HA~Ha!. I did, you fucking moron, and on advice of my broker and CPA.
.

> So, let me get this straight.

Not a chance. We've been tag-teaming your bitch-slapping and pointing out your knee jerking
and fuck-ups, repeatedly. You get nothing straight. You can't answer, respond, show or post
a fucking thing. You make up bullshit from your previous bullshit. You're an ignorant sot and
only good for poking fun and laughing at.

.
.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 8:16:23 PM7/14/23
Ok, so you got fortunate on one stock...had a couple guys confirm your bias until you felt comfortable and caused you to risk your profit. So, maybe when you are at the craps table and some lawyer or whatever professional title is playing with you and suggests you keep pressing your bets because you've won a few bets, you'll just keep pressing. Genius strategy. Moron.

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 8:18:41 PM7/14/23
.

See what I mean?

VegasJerry

Jul 14, 2023, 8:26:09 PM7/14/23
WRONG #1. I researched it.
.

> had a couple guys confirm your bias until you felt comfortable

WRONG #2. I held it for years and only discussed diversifying.

> and caused you to risk your profit.

WRONG #3. No risk.

> So, maybe...

Heh. Go back and see your previous bitch-slapping by us, you fool, and add these three...

LOL!

Tim Norfolk

Jul 14, 2023, 8:31:39 PM7/14/23
Looking back, it was up about 20% in a couple of years.

Tim Norfolk

Jul 14, 2023, 8:33:26 PM7/14/23
I talked with quite a number over the years. When it came down to it, most didn't even understand compound interest.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 9:37:01 PM7/14/23
Well, 1. Nearly all tech stocks don't pay dividends. 2. Until VERY recently, you could earn next to nothing on compound interest, but recently things have change for short term investors and they can get 5%+ on CDs. BUT, 3. These days you run the risk of bank failures, currency crisis, and hyperinflation..we're still expecting two bigger waves of inflation to come. Going to be pretty funny if you are earning 5% inflation while real inflation is much higher. 4. Gold, first of all is insurance against gambler's ruin...anny proper poker player or vegas gambler should understand the dangers of gambler's ruin. Gold saves you from that, but also every so often a commodity cycle comes and gold shoots up much higher than 5%. This is one of those times and historically, when this happens, gold shoots up 800% from his previous low. It's previous low was about $1000, so even if we do just half of that over the next few years, gold should be around $4000....nice 400% return on a very safe asset. In this time of uncertainty, especially while getting older, it seems very appropriate to be in assets that save you from gambler's ruin.

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 9:43:23 PM7/14/23
Well, I don't know who the morons of your social circle are, but I'm more thoroughly acquainted with all manners of investing than anyone that's going to set foot in this group. And, like I said, I have many types of investments including those earning compound interest. I just think we've entered an unusual commodity cycle during a particularly rare time(4th turning) where it pays to have some insurance. So, ya, I have various accounts...multiple retirement accounts I won't even touch for years....but during this unusual cycle, I've begun to purchase some miners and some metals. I also have other assets I could sell and average down if I had to like my expensive ass house...or maybe in worst case scenario I sell my new suburban or even some of my more expensive guns, but unless we go to all out civil war, I doubt that'll be the case.

Paul Popinjay

Jul 14, 2023, 11:12:35 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 6:43:23 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:

"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."

jack roth

Jul 14, 2023, 11:21:34 PM7/14/23
On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 8:12:35 PM UTC-7, Paul Popinjay wrote:
> On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 6:43:23 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
>

> "No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."

Well, that rubicon was crossed many years ago. We've turned into a nation of no morals, few lines, and a complete lack of understanding of civics and law. Kids at any level of education are no longer learning anything except the indoctrination of wokeness being used to weaken the populace and turm them against each other so the ruling class can easily control them.

da pickle

Jul 15, 2023, 10:55:19 AM7/15/23
Prove it!

[All $100?]

Liar, liar ... no pants ... no play

RichD

Jul 15, 2023, 2:59:03 PM7/15/23
On July 14, Paul Popinjay wrote:
> "No State shall ... emit Bills of Credit;

They can't issue bonds to pay for their make work projects?

> or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, "

Can the federal gummit impair the the obligation of contracts?
i.e. cancel welfare bums obligations? er I mean student debts -

--
Rich

jack roth

Jul 15, 2023, 4:13:48 PM7/15/23
On Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 11:59:03 AM UTC-7, RichD wrote:
> On July 14, Paul Popinjay wrote:
> > "No State shall ... emit Bills of Credit;
>
> They can't issue bonds to pay for their make work projects?

It hasn't mattered for a while what the constitution says. The Deep State types have long been claiming the Constitution is archaic and always wanted to discredit it as law because it ties their hands.

> > or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, "
> Can the federal gummit impair the the obligation of contracts?
> i.e. cancel welfare bums obligations? er I mean student debts -

Congress can since they hold the purse strings. Biden absolutely can't, but he is because the Supreme Court itself is corrupted and as govt employees always tries to make the most narrow and limited decision possible that leave an infinite number of work arounds. So, in the case student debts, the Supremes denied Biden's first attempt at canceling debt because it was so large. So, Biden then canceled a smaller amount of debt and is floating that balloon to see if they go back to court and once again cancel him on that. But, the Constitution is pretty clear on who holds the purse strings and it's not the President.

VegasJerry

Jul 15, 2023, 4:30:20 PM7/15/23
On Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 7:55:19 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:
> On 7/14/2023 2:39 PM, VegasJerry wrote:
> > On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 9:25:46 AM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
>
> >> You ignorant moron, precisely nobody puts it all on a single stock.
> >
> > WHA! HA~Ha!. I did, you fucking moron, and on advice of my broker and CPA.
.

> Prove it!

Prove what? That you're desperately trying to defend Jack Froth-at-the-mouth? The guy's proven moron.

> [All $100?]
>
> Liar, liar ... no pants ... no play

*** Here's the good part ***

*** Then you should have no trouble proving that, pickle brain... ***

See? And I've run off another one.....

VegasJerry

Jul 15, 2023, 4:32:08 PM7/15/23
.

See what I mean, Pickle? A certified moron....

RichD

Jul 15, 2023, 7:53:44 PM7/15/23
On July 14, jack roth wrote:
>> let's look at the numbers.
>> S&P 500:
>> https://www.slickcharts.com/sp500/returns
>> Since 2001, 18 years up, 5 years down.
>> Net, an average +6% / year, which compounds.
>> So, $100 in 2001, at 6% / year, compounded over 23 years, total: $380
>> gold:
>> 2001: $400 / oz
>> 2023: $1950 / oz
>> $100 ==> $480
>
>> Gold wins.
>> BUT: a large portion of that run started in April 2020,
>> distorted by the COVID crisis. Thus not reliable, long term.
>
> Saying a large portion of the run started is april 2020 is fraudulent because
> literally everything tanked in 2020. Go from 2000-2019 and it was already winning

You're confused. Gold zoomed UP in 2020. "everything tanked
in 2020" includes S&P 500. That means stocks did relatively
WORSE the last 3 years. Which means 2000 - 2019, stocks performed
BETTER than gold, relatively, than 2001 - 2023.

> First of all, gold has been reliable for thousands of years.
> You can buy these days pretty much the same as you could buy in ancient Rome...

That statement is in a class by itself -

Anyway, let's look at the performance of gold, since 1789:
https://nma.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/historic_gold_prices_1833_pres.pdf
1789: $20 / oz.
Today: $1900 / oz.
Return on "investment": 95x

What about a dollar? That goes in a bank, collects interest.
Historical interest rates:
https://advisor.visualcapitalist.com/us-interest-rates/
hmmm, looks like 3 - 4%
Thus, $1, for 220 years, compounded @ 3%: $660
Return on investment: 660x

Another one bites the dust!

And stock market returns are even higher -

--
Rich

VegasJerry

Jul 15, 2023, 8:19:47 PM7/15/23
.

*** IOW. Jack Froth-at-the-mouth joins Dull Pickle and runs away.... ***

LOL!

jack roth

Jul 15, 2023, 9:03:31 PM7/15/23
On Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 4:53:44 PM UTC-7, RichD wrote:

> Anyway, let's look at the performance of gold, since 1789:
> https://nma.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/historic_gold_prices_1833_pres.pdf
> 1789: $20 / oz.
> Today: $1900 / oz.
> Return on "investment": 95x
>
> What about a dollar? That goes in a bank, collects interest.
> Historical interest rates:
> https://advisor.visualcapitalist.com/us-interest-rates/
> hmmm, looks like 3 - 4%
> Thus, $1, for 220 years, compounded @ 3%: $660
> Return on investment: 660x
> -- > Rich

This one is so stupid it's almost not worth responding, but I'll give it a try.
1. There was no inflation for many many years....Gold was specifically valued at $20 for a very long time. It was money. It was safety.
2. Banks- You are a moron if you think banks were paying 3% for 220 years. First off, banks weren't insured for most of that time...the banknotes they issues were often worthless. Gold and silver were the only thing of value. Imagine all that confederate script back then...Plus, banks got robbed and you lost your money....banks failed back then and you lost your money.
3. As I've said repeatedly now, but you people never seem to listen. I wouldn't hold gold or any investment for 220years. I also wouldn't hold only gold either. Economy goes in cycles. In the history of the united states there have been many booms and bust times. You need to anticipate what cycle you are entering and adult your investments accordingly. Right now, we're entering recession and a commodity cycle that many thing is a super commodity cycle. Additionally, there is a lot of currency risk and other types of risk in the world, so it makes sense to hold some precious metals. I've witnessed this several times in my life and you need all the malinvestment and bankruptcycle to finish before you get back into growth stocks because there are too many companies with too much debt(zombie companies) that need to be allowed to fail...and then re restart the growth cycle...but even then I wouldn't invest in growth stocks until I saw that the risk of WW3 and the currency crises are abated, so I'm going to be overweight metals and buying some mining stocks, commodity indexes, and mutual funds in SE Asia...things like that as their prices look favorable.
By all means, I hope you morons stay invested in your one single stock. See ya in a couple years and tell me how it's working out for ya.

jack roth

Jul 15, 2023, 10:02:07 PM7/15/23
On Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 4:53:44 PM UTC-7, RichD wrote:

> in 2020" includes S&P 500. That means stocks did relatively
> WORSE the last 3 years. Which means 2000 - 2019, stocks performed
> BETTER than gold, relatively, than 2001 - 2023.
> Rich

1. You must be smoking crack. Gold was like $266 Nov 2000 and $1800 in August 2019. That is almost a 7x gain in 19years. Perhaps, when you check historical charts you learn to uncheck the log scale and inflation adjusted boxes, you moron.
2. Any time gold falls, you can be sure as shit that's the margin clark selling any remaining asset he can of clients who blew their wad on derivatives. And, gold recovers first, so the truth is when gold falls, it's because the market has fallen also. You don't seem to mention that factoid.
3. A little investment primer here for you...a Mav clinic on what you fools don't seem to understand because this current environment doesn't come around often in the last 40 years. When rates are high, stocks are bad because every moron public company bought up billions in cheap bonds to buyback stocks and bubble the stock market so their CEO's can sell their options for profits. The problem is when the fed raises rates, suddenly those companies become highly insolvent because they can no longer service their debts when it's time to roll the bonds at vastly higher rates. The last time rates were in this range was 2008 and it killed the market. Sure as shit, he may not being say it, but Powell will raise rates until the market tanks 50-70%. My guess is the time frame for this begins this Sept 15th on quad witching hour. Once the Fed pivots on rates, the real recession begins and gold and silver go apeshit upwards for a while....no one knows how high, but in a full cycle like this, Gold tends to go up 8x and silver 2x-3x of gold's rise. This will last for a whilte and after the layoffs and the bankruptcies, suddenly money will decide to flow back into growth stocks and gold will sink back down to about half of it's new high over the course of a few years. You can probably guess when to get back into growth stocks as the bankruptcies and unemployment will have subsided a bit. This will be your opportunity to get back into growth stocks and the new high flying high tech stocks. The older you are, the more your stocks should maybe include some regularly paying dividend stocks for income.

But, you guys do you. Go invest it all in one overvalued high tech stock right now YOLO. WTF do you care if you lose 70% of it's value right when you are entering old age and don't have time for it to recover in your lifetime....and remember the pre-existing high tech stocks sometimes never recover....lucent, nortel, various HP spinoffs, etc.

VegasJerry

Jul 16, 2023, 3:56:28 PM7/16/23
.

*** And they're both still Running & Hiding...*** LOL!

VegasJerry

Jul 16, 2023, 4:00:31 PM7/16/23
.

I did for over 10-years, 20-years ago. I'm still living off it.
About us showing you wrong, how's that working out for you?
* Oh, yea, you don't answer; you Run & Hide.

LOL!

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 17, 2023, 8:35:58 AM7/17/23

| Markets Appear Convinced the Fed Can Pull Off a Soft Landing
|
| Stocks surged this past week on evidence that inflation is
| cooling
<https://www.wsj.com/articles/markets-appear-convinced-the-fed-can-pull-off-a-soft-landing-700a40dd>

--bks

jack roth

Jul 17, 2023, 10:26:32 AM7/17/23
If you look at history, you'll see how the market always peaks right before it gets wiped out completely. Furthermore, inflation comes in waves...usually three of them...and the market rising right now is meaningless in that it's summer. Wait till after Labor day and we'll see what's what. As I've said before, 9/15 is Quadruple Witching Hour this year...and the Monday before it is 9/11.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 17, 2023, 10:29:16 AM7/17/23
>> | Markets Appear Convinced the Fed Can Pull Off a Soft Landing
>> |
>> | Stocks surged this past week on evidence that inflation is
>> | cooling

| Pay Raises Are Finally Beating Inflation After Two Years of
| Falling Behind
|
| Wages rise more than 4% while consumer prices increase 3%
<https://www.wsj.com/articles/pay-raises-are-finally-beating-inflation-after-two-years-of-falling-behind-3e89bc2d>

--bks

jack roth

Jul 17, 2023, 10:43:15 AM7/17/23
More outright stupidity because 1. Inflation doesn't factor in all the increased taxes. 2. CPI keeps being faked and tweaked to give more desirable results. 3. As I've said, inflation comes waves. Just because there is a month or two where inflation eased a little, doesn't mean wages have caught up. Fact is they haven't caught up at all, much less beat inflation. 4. Look at Shadowstats that measures inflation consistently the old way where you can measure apples to apples...you'll see we constantly ignore at least half of inflation. 5. Inflation gains are incremental. Just because wages allegedly beat them one month, doesn't maean they've made up for the last three years. Duh.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 17, 2023, 10:51:04 AM7/17/23

>> | Pay Raises Are Finally Beating Inflation After Two Years of
>> | Falling Behind

>More outright stupidity because

I present facts from the right-wing Wall Street Journal.
My interlocutors make self-serving assertions.
Twas ever thus.

--bks

jack roth

Jul 17, 2023, 11:04:56 AM7/17/23
On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:51:04 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> I present facts from the right-wing Wall Street Journal.

So, you present main street media. Fuck you.

You can bet your life my facts are more real than any of yours.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 17, 2023, 11:05:56 AM7/17/23
jack roth <jackden...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:51:04 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>
>> I present facts from the right-wing Wall Street Journal.
>
>So, you present main street media. Fuck you.

Where do you get your facts? The fillings in your teeth?

--bks

jack roth

Jul 17, 2023, 12:12:03 PM7/17/23
Certainly not some lame main street media source like WSJ. Duh. Now, dumbass, I've already listed one of the sources previously. Being that your "source" is WSJ indicates to me you are too lazy to look too hard and/or even learn a single thing in life, so I'm notta waste my time giving you a presentation. May I suggest you start googling topics, learning the different sources and the people who matter in the industry. But just a single example for a complete ignorant dumbfuck like you, I'll mention ST Louis Fred site. That can provide plenty of data for you. Problem is you have obviously zero education in the matter and don't understand how to interpret, analyze, or otherwise utilize the data to get your desired information. And, as I've previously said, the Shadow Stats site has some really good information...apparently you didn't even bother to check it out yet. And, before you even bother wasting your time with some newspaper article...none of which are worth reading, there are a number of experts in private industry out there who are the true experts....way more so than some moron like Yellen. I listen to a number of them and often they each specialize on different topics. For example, Brent Johnson talks a lot about his milkshake theory....Matthew Piepenburg is a wonderful intellect who writes great articles/videos on money policy including gold, Francis Hunt who is pretty sharp and can give you some chart analysis in his videos. There are just a number of people out there and I listen to a variety of them and spent years building a complete picture of how the entire system works....not just some chump ass WSJ article and throw it someone's face as if it were "facts". If there's one thing you can clearly see these days is all the main street media articles are written by ignorant chumps these days..."journalists" who know nothing really on the topic they write, aren't very intelligent, often can't write, and are just churning out crap for you to digest. Sometimes those articles are just AI shit not even attributed to a human.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 17, 2023, 2:42:20 PM7/17/23

| Despite a year when inflation pushed prices to new heights,
| Americans are still better off now than before the
| pandemic, with nearly 10 to 15 percent more in their bank
| accounts than in 2019, new checking and savings account
| data shows.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/07/17/bank-accounts-excess-cash-savings/>

--bks

RichD

Jul 17, 2023, 2:44:11 PM7/17/23
On July 15, jack roth wrote:
>> Anyway, let's look at the performance of gold, since 1789:
>> https://nma.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/historic_gold_prices_1833_pres.pdf
>> 1789: $20 / oz.
>> Today: $1900 / oz.
>> Return on "investment": 95x
>> What about a dollar? That goes in a bank, collects interest.
>> Historical interest rates:
>> https://advisor.visualcapitalist.com/us-interest-rates/
>> Thus, $1, for 220 years, compounded @ 3%: $660
>> Return on investment: 660x
>
> 1. There was no inflation for many many years....Gold was specifically valued at $20 for a very long time.
> It was money. It was safety.

Let's go back to 1913, the formation of the Federal Reserve, the
counterfeiters who sewered the dollar, the cause of massive inflation
for a century. The smart money at that time - guys like you - plowed
into gold, for SAFETY and REAL MONEY.

Gold price, 1913: $19 / oz.
$100 buys 5 oz.
gold price, 2023: $1900 / oz.
So, $100 ==> $9500, 1913 ... 2023

I found the ideal source for this debate:
https://www.officialdata.org/us/stocks/s-p-500/1913
Plug in any 2 years, it calculates the S&P 500 return.

$100 S&P 500 ==> $3.8 MILLION, 1913 ... 2023

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
oh shit, I busted two ribs -

--
Rich

jack roth

Jul 17, 2023, 3:20:49 PM7/17/23
1. This is utterly stupid. The only reason bank account went up in the first place was the rent moratorium when everyone was robbing the landlords for a couple years.
2. This article needs to be updated, because there is current data out there that American savings rates has now gone to shit right when they suddenly have to start paying for rent again,....and(checks notes)...school loans again...and don't forget borrow rates are now through the roof.

It's like I'm explaining this to children.

jack roth

Jul 17, 2023, 3:29:14 PM7/17/23
Here's what you mental midget left out. I never once said you should always hold and only hold gold. At this point, I've repeatedly posted the market goes in cycles. I wonder how much you could have made in the SP500 if you hopped into Gold during it's negative years, eh? But, your dumb ass only hears what you want to. Also, there were smart millionaires back in 1913...some had hundreds of millions of dollars. You'd think one of them would have put a single million into an sp500 for his descendants and have over $3Trillion now, right? Notice how it doesn't work out that way? There are multiple reasons why....bet you can't figure them out.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jul 17, 2023, 4:13:51 PM7/17/23
jack roth <jackden...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> | Despite a year when inflation pushed prices to new heights,
>> | Americans are still better off now than before the
>> | pandemic, with nearly 10 to 15 percent more in their bank
>> | accounts than in 2019, new checking and savings account
>> | data shows.
>1. This is utterly stupid.

Sure, Jack, if you say so.

--bks

jack roth

Jul 17, 2023, 4:43:29 PM7/17/23
Don't believe me dumbass, here's the data right here on falling savings rates you ignorant putz: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PSAVERT

VegasJerry

Jul 18, 2023, 3:37:34 PM7/18/23
On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 12:20:49 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 11:42:20 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> > |
> > | Despite a year when inflation pushed prices to new heights,
> > | Americans are still better off now than before the
> > | pandemic, with nearly 10 to 15 percent more in their bank
> > | accounts than in 2019, new checking and savings account
> > | data shows.
> > <https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/07/17/bank-accounts-excess-cash-savings/>
> >
> > --bks
> 1. This is utterly stupid.
.
.

And you'll proceed to show us how stupid you are...
.
.

The only reason bank account went up in the first place was the rent moratorium when everyone was robbing the landlords for a couple years.
> 2. This article needs to be updated, because there is current data out there that American savings rates has now gone to shit right when they suddenly have to start paying for rent again,....and(checks notes)...school loans again...and don't forget borrow rates are now through the roof.
>
> It's like I'm explaining this to children.

And even THAT laugh at you...

VegasJerry

Jul 18, 2023, 3:39:19 PM7/18/23
On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 9:12:03 AM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:05:56 AM UTC-7, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> > jack roth <jackden...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >So, you present main street media. Fuck you.
> >
> > Where do you get your facts? The fillings in your teeth?
.

And judging by the following inability to answer, we'll have to take your rambling as a "Yes."
.
.

VegasJerry

Jul 18, 2023, 3:41:35 PM7/18/23
On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 1:43:29 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:

> > >1. This is utterly stupid.
> >
> > Sure, Jack, if you say so.
> >
> > --bks
> Don't believe me .
.

We don't, because you've answered NOTHING, shown NOTHING, linked to NOTHING.
you simply blather and run.

And that's what makes bitch-slapping you fun...
.
.
.

RichD

Jul 20, 2023, 1:47:42 PM7/20/23
On July 17, jack roth wrote:
>>> There was no inflation for many many years....Gold was specifically valued
>>> at $20 for a very long time.  It was money. It was safety.
>
>> Let's go back to 1913, the formation of the Federal Reserve, the
>> counterfeiters who sewered the dollar, the cause of massive inflation
>> for a century. The smart money at that time - guys like you - plowed
>> into gold, for SAFETY and REAL MONEY.
>
> Also, there were smart millionaires back in 1913...
> You'd think one of them would have put a single million into an sp500
> for his descendants and have over $3Trillion now, right?  Notice how it doesn't
> work out that way? There are multiple reasons why....bet you can't figure them out.

Wrong, dumbass, I can figure it out, and YOU can't.

Your monkey brain explanation:  "Some years the market
dropped, there were bank failures, they didn't ALWAYS gain!"
uh, you're supposed to be a pokerista, and you don't grok
the concept of fluctuations.

Human brain:  because they TOOK PROFIT along the way.
They sold some of their gains, to SPEND it, and enjoy life.
That's the motive to work:  consumption.  Consume what
you produce. (which excludes welfare state DemocRats)

That's what wealth IS, the definition:  something you consume.
Which isn't yellow metal and bank statements.  And we place
different values on different forms of wealth.  If it's never
consumed, it's worthless.

So those rich folks cashed out, to buy Cadillacs and ski
condos. While the nitwits and nut jobs, living in a log
cabin, drool over their gold chests... "I have REAL MONEY,
it's SAFE, the world is going to end tomorrow, I'll survive!"

Gold,   1913  ... 2023:  $100  ==>  $9500
Stocks,  1913 ... 2023:   $100  ==>   $3.8 MILLION

--
Rich

RichD

Jul 20, 2023, 1:54:27 PM7/20/23
On July 17, jack roth wrote:

>>> There was no inflation for many many years....Gold was specifically valued
>>> at $20 for a very long time.  It was money. It was safety.
>
>> Let's go back to 1913, the formation of the Federal Reserve, the
>> counterfeiters who sewered the dollar, the cause of massive inflation
>> for a century. The smart money at that time - guys like you - plowed
>> into gold, for SAFETY and REAL MONEY.
>
> Here's what you mental midget left out. I never once said you should always hold
> and only hold gold. At this point, I've repeatedly posted the market goes in cycles.
>I wonder how much you could have made in the SP500 if you hopped into Gold during
> it's negative years, eh?

wow
You don't grok long term average, long term vs. short term?

So, what I ought to do, every January, figure if the market will be up
or down that year, and buy/sell accordingly? Brilliant! How come
nobody ever thought of that? You're positively the reincarnation of Aristotle.

You claim to be a pokerista, and you don't grok EV, and the reality
of fluctuations? Like, no one can make a living at poker, there are
no pros, since occasionally they have a bad day.

Where do you play?  This information might be profitable.

jack roth

Jul 20, 2023, 2:44:39 PM7/20/23
On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:47:42 AM UTC-7, RichD wrote:

> That's what wealth IS, the definition: something you consume.
> Which isn't yellow metal and bank statements. And we place
> different values on different forms of wealth. If it's never
> consumed, it's worthless.

As usual, you are flat out wrong on multiple parts:
1. Gold isn't wealth. It's a STORE of wealth.
2. The gold isn't worthless if I don't spend it. I can pass it on to my kids. Or, I can continue holding it as an insurance policy. Don't tell me insurance isn't dumb. I have many types of insurance, home, car, umbrella, etc...and I have currency crisis, bank crisis, 4th turning insurance in the form of gold. Sounds to me like you have no family or kids the way you only seem to think about yourself. AMIRITE?

> +
> So those rich folks cashed out, to buy Cadillacs and ski
> condos. While the nitwits and nut jobs, living in a log
> cabin, drool over their gold chests... "I have REAL MONEY,
> it's SAFE, the world is going to end tomorrow, I'll survive!"

No, dummy. As I said, the correct investment and mix constantly changes. I never once said to keep all your investments in gold. And, you can tell how completely uneducated you are as to not understand history at all. There has been countless times in history...COUNTLESS...including very recent times all over the globe including the USA where Gold would have saved people's asses you ignorant fool. Those times don't always happen, but when they do, they are devastating. Imagine how devastating it was in the 30's when banks all over the country went belly up and everyone's savings went to money heaven. If they had some gold, they'd have been fine. And, nobody says not to spend money. I'm not stranger to spending money....and neither are my kids or my ex- when it comes to spending my money. But, once again, there's something to be said for having the brains to understand history and how absolutely unusual the last 40 years of low inflation, low interest, stable economic climate. Dumbasses like you get comfortable with that and think things can never change.
It is loading more messages.