Why would anyone be interviewed by Howard Stern?

popinjay

Dec 14, 2016, 11:23:21 PM12/14/16
I was never a Howard Stern fan. I know people I worked with used to love his radio show. I've heard him just enough to know what his shtick is. I don't listen to him if I can help it.

I recently saw Fox News' Megyn Kelly did an interview with Stern, it's on youtube. I couldn't help but watch it. I turned it off, and then turned it back on and finished it. Why would a good-looking girl like Megyn Kelly voluntarily be interviewed by Stern? It was raunchy, as one would expect. How could she think that would be good for her career? It was just tacky, in my opinion.

BillB

Dec 15, 2016, 3:58:50 AM12/15/16
On 14/12/2016 8:23 PM, popinjay wrote:
> I was never a Howard Stern fan. I know people I worked with used to love his radio show. I've heard him just enough to know what his shtick is. I don't listen to him if I can help it.
>
> I recently saw Fox News' Megyn Kelly did an interview with Stern, it's on youtube. I couldn't help but watch it. I turned it off, and then turned it back on and finished it. Why would a good-looking girl like Megyn Kelly voluntarily be interviewed by Stern? It was raunchy, as one would expect. How could she think that would be good for her career? It was just tacky, in my opinion.

It ups your street cred considerably if you can handle a Stern interview
and come out the other end relatively unscathed. He is seen as one of
the hottest celebrity interviewers the last few years running. The
interviews are usually quite good. They're the main reason I am a fan of
the show.

He almost always takes the conversation towards sex in some way, in a
joking way, but that's usually just a small part of the whole interview.
He does get people to open up about their sex lives like no other
interviewer. It's *expected* that if you show up to be interviewed on
the Stern Show, you better be willing to give at least a *little bit*
away or you come off looking like a douche.

I missed the Kelly interview, but the excerpts I read seemed pretty tame.

Dutch

Dec 15, 2016, 4:14:14 AM12/15/16
popinjay wrote:
> I was never a Howard Stern fan. I know people I worked with used to love his radio show. I've heard him just enough to know what his shtick is. I don't listen to him if I can help it.
>
> I recently saw Fox News' Megyn Kelly did an interview with Stern, it's on youtube. I couldn't help but watch it. I turned it off, and then turned it back on and finished it. Why would a good-looking girl like Megyn Kelly voluntarily be interviewed by Stern? It was raunchy, as one would expect. How could she think that would be good for her career? It was just tacky, in my opinion.

Did he get her to go on the Sybian? That'd be awesome.

popinjay

Dec 15, 2016, 7:06:40 AM12/15/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:58:50 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> It ups your street cred considerably if you can handle a Stern interview
> and come out the other end relatively unscathed.

That's bullshit, he's a pig. It deducted from her class, "street cred" is for animals. She should cover up a little more and should have passed on the Stern interview. I mean, he asked her if she had done anal. No class.

Do you think Nancy Reagan would have done well on the Stern Show, talking about whether her and Ronnie did anal?

BillB

Dec 15, 2016, 7:33:25 AM12/15/16

"popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:58:50 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
>

>> It ups your street cred considerably if you can handle a Stern interview
>> and come out the other end relatively unscathed.
>

> That's bullshit, he's a pig. It deducted from her class, "street cred" is
> for animals. She should cover up a little more and should have passed on
> the Stern interview. I mean, he >asked her if she had done anal. No
> class.

Well? Has she?

da pickle

Dec 15, 2016, 8:25:29 AM12/15/16
On 12/14/2016 10:23 PM, popinjay wrote:
> I was never a Howard Stern fan. I know people I worked with used to love his radio show. I've heard him just enough to know what his shtick is. I don't listen to him if I can help it.
>
> I recently saw Fox News' Megyn Kelly did an interview with Stern, it's on youtube. I couldn't help but watch it. I turned it off, and then turned it back on and finished it. Why would a good-looking girl like Megyn Kelly voluntarily be interviewed by Stern? It was raunchy, as one would expect. How could she think that would be good for her career? It was just tacky, in my opinion.

Everything on Howard Stern is tacky. This interview was no exception.

BTSinAustin

Dec 15, 2016, 8:34:12 AM12/15/16
His interviews are amazing. The news with Robin is a great segment too. All the rest I can live without. Boogers, farts and dick jokes.

Amazing how much this guy makes. 80 mil. Robin makes 10 million. Good for her.

BTSinAustin

Dec 15, 2016, 8:35:16 AM12/15/16
On that we agree.

VegasJerry

Dec 15, 2016, 8:47:44 AM12/15/16
On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:23:21 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> I was never a Howard Stern fan. I know people I worked with used to love his radio show. I've heard him just enough to know what his shtick is. I don't listen to him if I can help it.
>
> I recently saw Fox News' Megyn Kelly did an interview with Stern, it's on youtube. I couldn't help but watch it. I turned it off, and then turned it back on and finished it. Why would a good-looking girl like Megyn Kelly voluntarily be interviewed by Stern? It was raunchy, as one would expect. How could she think that would be good for her career? It was just tacky, in my opinion.

You don’t listen to him if you can help it.
You couldn’t help but watch it.
You’re their market. You were Trump’s market. It’s all about advertising a product. “Get them to change to our channel; increase viewership (or listening in this case); then; Sell the product.” It’s all about advertising bucks. Follow the money.

Jerry 'n Vegas

popinjay

Dec 15, 2016, 10:28:44 AM12/15/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 5:47:44 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:

> You don’t listen to him if you can help it.

Yeah, that's right. I said I have heard it before when other people are listening to it. Do you understand?

I had no idea how much money he makes, as BSinAustin mentions. That's a reflection on our society. We've really hit bottom.

popinjay

Dec 15, 2016, 10:31:59 AM12/15/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 4:33:25 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> Well? Has she?

I still don't understand how she could go on his show. Surely she has an agent or manager. Was she actually advised to go on this puke's show? Do you think her peers respect her for it? Would Mika Brzezinski go on his show?

BTSinAustin

Dec 15, 2016, 11:02:12 AM12/15/16
At least he actually does something. Don't ever look up how much the Kardashians make.

risky biz

Dec 15, 2016, 11:26:54 AM12/15/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:58:50 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
Howard Stern is for people who prefer barnyard culture.

BillB

Dec 15, 2016, 12:56:10 PM12/15/16

"risky biz" <swing...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>Howard Stern is for people who prefer barnyard culture.

I'm not sure what that means, but ok....I have nothing against barnyards.

BillB

Dec 15, 2016, 1:48:42 PM12/15/16
On 15/12/2016 5:34 AM, BTSinAustin wrote:

> His interviews are amazing. The news with Robin is a great segment
too. All the rest I can live without. Boogers, farts and dick jokes.

I agree with you that they go way overboard on the bathroom humor, but I
like a lot of the show's other parts. Howard's monologues and
conversational segments are great. He and I are actually pretty closely
aligned politically. He has a lot of common sense. I also enjoy it when
they get into the crazy personal lives of the staff (Richard cracks me
up. I grew up with guys like that). A lot of the phony phone calls are
pretty funny, too.

Have you heard this one? Maybe I posted it before. I think it's my fav.
Just to set it up, the day before, Howard had done a long monologue,
scolding his almost uniformly obese staff by telling them what he eats
every day and how he stays so thin with good food choices and
discipline. As example of his discipline, he told a story about his
favorite restaurant sending him the wrong order, and how he had the
discipline to just throw out the bad stuff.

The next day Sal and Richard cut up the audio of the rant and used
different snippets to do a phony phone call on a poor, unsuspecting
restaurant worker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUpyIoGZsM

Come on....that's funny!

> Amazing how much this guy makes. 80 mil. Robin makes 10 million. Good for her.

That may be true, but Howard has repeatedly stressed that almost nobody
really knows how much he makes, and that every estimation he has read in
the press about his salary and net worth are wildly exaggerated.

popinjay

Dec 15, 2016, 2:08:17 PM12/15/16
That's interesting. It's sounds like you're an expert on Howard Stern. I thought you had a little more class than this. I didn't realize you were a pig.

BillB

Dec 15, 2016, 2:44:22 PM12/15/16

> That's interesting. It's sounds like you're an expert on Howard Stern.

Stern Show experts are called Superfans. I'm not even close to being a
Superfan. I'm just a regular fan.

>I thought you had a little more class than this.

Nope.

>I didn't realize you were a pig.

Oink.

One thing I like about the Stern Show is that it's like a club. I've heard a
lot of the guests and fans say the same thing. Fans "get it", and people on
the outside don't usually get it "at all". There's something appealing about
that.

For example, I've heard a lot of critics sharply criticize Stern for making
fun of handicapped people, or marginalizing and objectifying women, or being
racist...and all the critics have it completely backwards. The fans know
this. It's an inside joke. Limbaugh uses the same technique, but to a
lesser extent. I am a student of radio broadcasting.

BillB

Dec 15, 2016, 4:12:25 PM12/15/16
On 15/12/2016 7:31 AM, popinjay wrote:

> Surely she has an agent or manager. Was she actually advised to go on this puke's show? Do you think her peers respect her for it?

All these people have agents and managers, and they have all been guests
on Stern:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls052020548/

I can assure with the utmost confidence that their collective
understanding of the entertainment business vastly outweighs yours.

popinjay

Dec 15, 2016, 4:38:11 PM12/15/16
I looked at the list. They're all pigs too. Except Robert Duvall. I bet Howie didn't ask him if he's been fucked in the ass.

And Sarah Silverman? She's right at home, that's right where she belongs with Stern. Amy Schumer, another one right at home, her and her vagina.

By the way, I don't give a fuck about their collective understanding of the entertainment business. I understand class, and Howard Stern is still a pig, and so are you if you are a fan, and Megyn Kelly just dropped about five pegs on the Popinjay Pole of Prestige and Proper Protocol.

Dutch

Dec 15, 2016, 4:52:49 PM12/15/16
Your grasp of the obvious is impressive.

Bea Foroni

Dec 15, 2016, 4:53:59 PM12/15/16
During the 9/11 attack, I was driving a cab. At 5:30 AM (PST) driving a cab means sitting in a cab waiting for the city to awaken. I'm listening to Howard Stern when the first plane hits. Howard is describing what is happening. After a few minutes I think this might be a bit, so I bounce around the dial looking for info. Some stations are oblivious and others report "something" is happening and they are sending reporters out to gather information. Meanwhile, Stern is describing what he is experiencing. The crew is trying to make sense of it. They have feeds from all the networks, they don't break for commercials, and their opinions are just as informed as anyone. I stayed with them the whole morning, I was grateful for his broadcast and making sense of a senseless attack.

Since he went on pay radio I haven't heard him, but I remember him as being the person who helped America get through that horrible morning.

popinjay

Dec 15, 2016, 5:28:36 PM12/15/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 1:53:59 PM UTC-8, Bea Foroni wrote:

> At 5:30 AM (PST) driving a cab means sitting in a cab waiting for the city to awaken. I'm listening to Howard Stern

Just perfect. Sarah Silverman, Amy Schumer, and Bea Foroni. I'm not surprised.

Joe Turner

Dec 15, 2016, 6:41:59 PM12/15/16
She's tired of being a news caster,after being ripped to pieces by the Trump supporters for her biased coverage and wants to get back to acting.I can remember when she played Nicole Brown Simpson in the OJ Simpson trials,all she had to do was lie there and appear dead and once again being ripped to pieces.Its her MO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsb-5dIqEBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsb-5dIqEBw

BillB

Dec 15, 2016, 6:45:29 PM12/15/16
On 15/12/2016 3:41 PM, Joe Turner wrote:

>> I missed the Kelly interview, but the excerpts I read seemed pretty tame.
>
> She's tired of being a news caster,after being ripped to pieces by the Trump supporters for her biased coverage and wants to get back to acting.I can remember when she played Nicole Brown Simpson in the OJ Simpson trials,all she had to do was lie there and appear dead and once again being ripped to pieces.Its her MO.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsb-5dIqEBw
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsb-5dIqEBw

I heard she might go to CNN, but the transition from fake to real news
is not always an easy one.

Joe Turner

Dec 15, 2016, 6:53:05 PM12/15/16
Not So CNN produces faked news also.They cover all the faked school shootings and the fake Guildford shooting and the Pulse thingy all the media is spoon fed fake news!

http://www.wellaware1.com/megyn-kelly-nichole-brown-simpson/

Joe Turner

Dec 15, 2016, 7:10:18 PM12/15/16

Joe Turner

Dec 15, 2016, 7:22:35 PM12/15/16

VegasJerry

Dec 15, 2016, 7:43:57 PM12/15/16
Harsh. Very harsh and judgmental.

VegasJerry

Dec 15, 2016, 7:45:35 PM12/15/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 1:53:59 PM UTC-8, Bea Foroni wrote:
> During the 9/11 attack, I was driving a cab. At 5:30 AM (PST) driving a cab means sitting in a cab waiting for the city to awaken. I'm listening to Howard Stern when the first plane hits. Howard is describing what is happening. After a few minutes I think this might be a bit, so I bounce around the dial looking for info. Some stations are oblivious and others report "something" is happening and they are sending reporters out to gather information. Meanwhile, Stern is describing what he is experiencing. The crew is trying to make sense of it. They have feeds from all the networks, they don't break for commercials, and their opinions are just as informed as anyone. I stayed with them the whole morning, I was grateful for his broadcast and making sense of a senseless attack.
>
> Since he went on pay radio I haven't heard him, but I remember him as being the person who helped America get through that horrible morning.

Modern day Pearl Harbor. We'll all remember where we were..

Dutch

Dec 15, 2016, 7:53:42 PM12/15/16
You're so cute, our resident defender of old-time values.

Mossingen

Dec 15, 2016, 8:17:33 PM12/15/16
"popinjay" wrote in message

>I was never a Howard Stern fan. I know people I worked with used to love
>his radio show. I've heard him just enough to know what his shtick is. I
>don't listen to him if I can help it.

>I recently saw Fox News' Megyn Kelly did an interview with Stern, it's on
>youtube. I couldn't help but watch it. I turned it off, and then turned
>it back on and finished it. Why would a good->looking girl like Megyn
>Kelly voluntarily be interviewed by Stern? It was raunchy, as one would
>expect. How could she think that would be good for her career? It was
>just tacky, in my opinion.

I always thought Stern was a total douche. He's not funny, not nearly as
clever as he thinks he is, and he seems to always have desperate people on
his show and takes advantage of them in a mean-spirited, prickish way.
Megyn Kelly is not one of these people, and I have not watched the
interview, but I agree with you, paul, even without watching it, why would
she do it in the first place?

Mossingen

Dec 15, 2016, 8:18:33 PM12/15/16
"BillB" wrote in message news:o2tltj$pd0$1...@dont-email.me...

On 14/12/2016 8:23 PM, popinjay wrote:
> I was never a Howard Stern fan. I know people I worked with used to love
> his radio show. I've heard him just enough to know what his shtick is. I
> don't listen to him if I can help it.
>
> I recently saw Fox News' Megyn Kelly did an interview with Stern, it's on
> youtube. I couldn't help but watch it. I turned it off, and then turned
> it back on and finished it. Why would a good-looking girl like Megyn
> Kelly voluntarily be interviewed by Stern? It was raunchy, as one would
> expect. How could she think that would be good for her career? It was
> just tacky, in my opinion.

It ups your street cred considerably if you can handle a Stern interview
and come out the other end relatively unscathed. He is seen as one of
the hottest celebrity interviewers the last few years running. The
interviews are usually quite good. They're the main reason I am a fan of
the show.

He almost always takes the conversation towards sex in some way, in a
joking way, but that's usually just a small part of the whole interview.
He does get people to open up about their sex lives like no other
interviewer. It's *expected* that if you show up to be interviewed on
the Stern Show, you better be willing to give at least a *little bit*
away or you come off looking like a douche.

I missed the Kelly interview, but the excerpts I read seemed pretty tame.

_______________________

Dude, Stern is a tacky, tasteless prick.

Mossingen

Dec 15, 2016, 8:20:50 PM12/15/16
"BTSinAustin" wrote in message

>His interviews are amazing. The news with Robin is a great segment too.
>All the rest I can live without. Boogers, farts and dick jokes.

>Amazing how much this guy makes. 80 mil. Robin makes 10 million. Good
>for her.

That is amazing. I'm all for people making as much money as they can, but
those two are no-talent hacks.

BTSinAustin

Dec 16, 2016, 12:06:57 AM12/16/16
If you don't think Sarah Silverman is funny you have no sense of humor. The woman is a riot. In fact i have tickets to her show the 22 of January.

risky biz

Dec 16, 2016, 12:14:13 AM12/16/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 1:53:59 PM UTC-8, Bea Foroni wrote:
> During the 9/11 attack, I was driving a cab. At 5:30 AM (PST) driving a cab means sitting in a cab waiting for the city to awaken. I'm listening to Howard Stern when the first plane hits. Howard is describing what is happening. After a few minutes I think this might be a bit, so I bounce around the dial looking for info. Some stations are oblivious and others report "something" is happening and they are sending reporters out to gather information. Meanwhile, Stern is describing what he is experiencing. The crew is trying to make sense of it.

If they wanted to know what was going on they should have asked the five Israelis on the other side of the East River who were dancing, high-fiving each other, and taking selfies as it happened.

popinjay

Dec 16, 2016, 12:28:48 AM12/16/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 9:06:57 PM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> If you don't think Sarah Silverman is funny you have no sense of humor. The woman is a riot. In fact i have tickets to her show the 22 of January.

She's a pig. Not funny. And I do have a sense of humor. I'm laughing at you this very moment.

BillB

Dec 16, 2016, 1:13:03 AM12/16/16
On 15/12/2016 9:28 PM, popinjay wrote:
> On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 9:06:57 PM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:
>

>> If you don't think Sarah Silverman is funny you have no sense of humor. The woman is a riot. In fact i have tickets to her show the 22 of January.
>

> She's a pig.

Why do you dehumanize women? It's okay to call a woman a "pig" but it's
not okay to ask her if she likes anal?? What alternate planet are you
living on?

popinjay

Dec 16, 2016, 1:55:21 AM12/16/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 10:13:03 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> Why do you dehumanize women?

Sarah Silverman does a pretty good job of that without my help.

BillB

Dec 16, 2016, 2:13:09 AM12/16/16

> On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 10:13:03 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
>

>> Why do you dehumanize women?
>

> Sarah Silverman does a pretty good job of that without my help.

I dunno...I watched both the recent Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer stand-up
specials on TV. I thought they were both really funny. If it was a battle,
I'd say Sarah won. Stand up comedy is HARD, and they both do it extremely
well.

It can make one cringe how crude some of the (male and female) stand-ups
can be these days, but they're *trying* to make you cringe. It's cringe
humor. That's part of the experience. And women do talk like that amoungst
themselves behind your back. If you would have known that 30 years ago you
might have gotten laid more.

Clave

Dec 16, 2016, 2:23:20 AM12/16/16

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message news:o3043e$t5c$1...@dont-email.me...

> "popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 10:13:03 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
>>

>>> Why do you dehumanize women?
>>

>> Sarah Silverman does a pretty good job of that without my help.
>

> I dunno...I watched both the recent Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer
> stand-up specials on TV. I thought they were both really funny. If it was
> a battle, I'd say Sarah won. Stand up comedy is HARD, and they both do it
> extremely well.
>
> It can make one cringe how crude some of the (male and female) stand-ups
> can be these days, but they're *trying* to make you cringe. It's cringe
> humor....

Two words: Redd Foxx.

Joe Turner

Dec 16, 2016, 2:26:37 AM12/16/16
Even in her third trimester and Robin took her first anal without lubrication

BillB

Dec 16, 2016, 2:33:20 AM12/16/16

"Joe Turner" <joet...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Even in her third trimester and Robin took her first anal without
> lubrication

haha...another fan.

Joe Turner

Dec 16, 2016, 2:38:12 AM12/16/16
I gather you did not watch the full interview it played right after in the link I sent you.

BillB

Dec 16, 2016, 2:47:46 AM12/16/16

"Joe Turner" <joet...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Oh no, I'm sorry, I did not. I will try to get to it, but I have quite the
backlog of podcasts and radio content to get to every day! I just can't keep
up.

That's wouldn't be the first time Robin's anal experience has come up on the
show. They goof on her about that almost as much as the infamous $800 bottle
of wine and her horrific singing voice.

Joe Turner

Dec 16, 2016, 3:21:20 AM12/16/16
On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 2:47:46 AM UTC-5, BillB wrote:
> "Joe Turner" <joet...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 2:33:20 AM UTC-5, BillB wrote:
> >> "Joe Turner" <joet...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> haha...another fan.
> >
> > I gather you did not watch the full interview it played right after in the
> > link I sent you.
>
> Oh no, I'm sorry, I did not. I will try to get to it, but I have quite the
> backlog of podcasts and radio content to get to every day! I just can't keep
> up.
>
> That's wouldn't be the first time Robin's anal experience has come up on the
> show. They goof on her about that almost as much as the infamous $800 bottle
> of wine and her horrific singing voice.

It is a must see just after the 4 minute skit showing the highlights of the interview It turns into a full 40 min interview and Kelly handles the raunchiness to the core.

Joe Turner

Dec 16, 2016, 3:40:11 AM12/16/16
Not just one bottle but 3 bottles.I would have ordered ThunderBird or Boone's Farm but Robin got his ass for humiliating her$$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=193tYXDnrYs

BTSinAustin

Dec 17, 2016, 1:52:10 PM12/17/16
The joke that killed me in Silverman's special went something like this.

Women worry about how they smell "down there". I don't worry, mine has been compared to a peach, a peach tree, a peach tree dish.

Now that is clever writing. For the record, my wife was not amused.

BillB

Dec 17, 2016, 5:24:50 PM12/17/16

"BTSinAustin" <btsin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> The joke that killed me in Silverman's special went something like this.
>
> Women worry about how they smell "down there". I don't worry, mine has
> been compared to a peach, a peach tree, a peach tree dish.
>
> Now that is clever writing. For the record, my wife was not amused.

Yes, that's funny! Here's another Silverman joke I think popinjay will
appreciate:

On the law that requires women to wait twenty-four hours before they are
permitted to have an abortion: "I think it's a good law. The other day I
wanted to go get an abortion. I really wanted an abortion, but then I
thought about it and it turned out I was just thirsty."

popinjay

Dec 17, 2016, 6:34:55 PM12/17/16
Oh, yeah, that was great. I am rolling on the floor. My eyes are watering.

I saw a youtube of hers a couple days ago, about her and Norm MacDonald. The story was that she was having diarrhea. She described how untimely it was, how she cleaned up afterwards, how it came back, then how she cleaned herself again, wiping front to back. Then she was in a car with Norm MacDonald, and he said, wtf, this car smells like shit. I mean, who the fuck thinks that is funny? She is not funny at all. Like I said, she is a pig.

BUT, Norm MacDonald is hilarious. Now THAT is good humor, smart humor, funny stuff. He is a smart man, and very funny.

And btw, BSinAustin, that peach tree dish was just stupid. Apparently YOU have no sense of humor. Or you're just at "that level". You too, Bill. Peach tree dish, STUPID. Pigs, all of you.

BillB

Dec 17, 2016, 6:44:17 PM12/17/16

>Oh, yeah, that was great. I am rolling on the floor. My eyes are
>watering.

I thought you'd like it. Making fun of puritanical anti-abortion legislators
might be low-hanging fruit, but there's nothing wrong with picking
low-hanging fruit.

>I saw a youtube of hers a couple days ago, about her and Norm MacDonald.
>The story was that she was having diarrhea. She described how untimely it
>was, how she cleaned >up afterwards, how it came back, then how she cleaned
>herself again, wiping front to back. Then she was in a car with Norm
>MacDonald, and he said, wtf, this car smells like >shit. I mean, who the
>fuck thinks that is funny? She is not funny at all. Like I said, she is a
>pig.

>BUT, Norm MacDonald is hilarious. Now THAT is good humor, smart humor,
>funny stuff. He is a smart man, and very funny.

I've never really cared for Norm McDonald. I think he is annoying.

>And btw, BSinAustin, that peach tree dish was just stupid. Apparently YOU
>have no sense of humor. Or you're just at "that level". You too, Bill.
>Peach tree dish, STUPID. >Pigs, all of you.

You have to hear her do it. Half the joke is in the delivery.

popinjay

Dec 17, 2016, 7:22:24 PM12/17/16
On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 3:44:17 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> I've never really cared for Norm McDonald. I think he is annoying.

Oh fuck you. You gotta say that because I like him. You just have to be different than me. Norm MacDonald is a gazillion times funnier than Sarah Silverman, INFINITY times funnier, because Sarah Silver is not funny. Norm MacDonald's humor must be over your head. It appeals to people with high intellect. Probably me and Mossingen both really appreciate his humor. People from Oklahoma and Fresno have high IQs.

BillB

Dec 17, 2016, 7:39:18 PM12/17/16

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 3:44:17 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> I've never really cared for Norm McDonald. I think he is annoying.

>>Oh fuck you. You gotta say that because I like him. You just have to be
>>different than me.

No, I'm just telling the truth. I've never really liked the guy (as an
entertainer). His voice annoys me. That's his whole schtick...to be
annoying. I've seen him do some funny jokes and skits, but overall he's just
not for me.

Looking at the comedians who have appeared on Comedians in Cars Getting
Coffee, the ones I would actually pay my own hard earned poker winnings to
go see in Vegas are...Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Ricky Gervais, Sarah
Silverman, David Letterman, Chris Rock, Louis C.K., Aziz Ansari, George
Wallace, Amy Schumer, Jon Sterart, Jimmy Fallon, Julia Louis-Dretfus, Bill
Maher, Steve Martin, Will Ferrell. Norm McDonald...not so much. Sorry.

> Norm MacDonald is a gazillion times funnier than Sarah Silverman,
> INFINITY times funnier, because Sarah Silver is not funny. Norm
> MacDonald's humor must be over your >head. It appeals to people with high
> intellect. Probably me and Mossingen both really appreciate his humor.
> People from Oklahoma and Fresno have high IQs.

That must be it. Norm McDonald is just too sophisticated for me. I like
Louis CK a lot. Do you like him?

popinjay

Dec 17, 2016, 8:40:05 PM12/17/16
On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 4:39:18 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> Looking at the comedians who have appeared on Comedians in Cars Getting
> Coffee, the ones I would actually pay my own hard earned poker winnings to
> go see in Vegas are...Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Ricky Gervais, Sarah
> Silverman, David Letterman, Chris Rock, Louis C.K., Aziz Ansari, George
> Wallace, Amy Schumer, Jon Sterart, Jimmy Fallon, Julia Louis-Dretfus, Bill
> Maher, Steve Martin, Will Ferrell. Norm McDonald...not so much. Sorry.

I don't think George Wallace is funny. Louis CK is no big deal either.

Is Bill Maher a comedian? Now THAT'S funny.

You've really got bad taste.

da pickle

Dec 18, 2016, 10:06:42 AM12/18/16
petri dish ... get it? I am really surprised at our resident expert. Of
course he will now say he got it all along.

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 10:33:21 AM12/18/16
This is not the same delivery but still hilarious.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/sarah-silverman-with-a-message-for-all-the-women-in-america/83536238/

People are just not used to women speaking the truth. And the first part of this one is true.

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 10:34:36 AM12/18/16
Classic.

I love the one about Scientology and how it's just too new. "We know guys named Ron."

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 10:35:22 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:06:42 AM UTC-8, da pickle wrote:
I'm sure everyone got it. It's not funny. So Sarah Silverman has a smelly pussy. She's also got a smelly mouth. It doesn't make me laugh. Several "comedians" that BillB listed do not make me laugh at all. Obviously what a person finds funny says a lot about that person. A 4-year old can sit and watch cartoons and laugh and laugh. I get the feeling that several RGPers would still laugh at those same cartoons. Brain development.

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 10:38:51 AM12/18/16
We saw Seinfeld last year, still amazing. I have wanted to see Penn and Teller for years and I always seem to be in Vegas when they are on break. We saw them here last year. Funny as hell. What was really cool, is after the show they went out to the sidewalk and talked to people for 30 minutes or so. Teller didn't talk, he did more magic.

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 10:40:13 AM12/18/16
Bill Marer is funny, saw him earlier this year.

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 10:44:30 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:33:21 AM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> This is not the same delivery but still hilarious.
>
> http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/sarah-silverman-with-a-message-for-all-the-women-in-america/83536238/
>

> People are just not used to women speaking the truth. And the first part of this one is true.

Not funny. It ain't got nothing to do with women "speaking the truth". It's got everything to do with you being a 4-year old.

By the way, is Conan O'Brian funny? What kind of people watch the Conan O'Brian Show?

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 10:47:47 AM12/18/16
You're just not into a woman talking about her body. I bet if a man has said it you would have cracked up.

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 10:48:59 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:38:51 AM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> We saw Seinfeld last year, still amazing. I have wanted to see Penn and Teller for years and I always seem to be in Vegas when they are on break. We saw them here last year. Funny as hell. What was really cool, is after the show they went out to the sidewalk and talked to people for 30 minutes or so. Teller didn't talk, he did more magic.

Are you comparing Jerry Seinfeld with Sarah Silverman? They're not even close to being in the same league. Seinfeld is funny, AND classy.

And yeah, Penn and Teller, I just can't wait to go see a fat slob talk about how there's no God. Hilarious, I'm sure.

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 10:50:08 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:40:13 AM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> Bill Marer is funny, saw him earlier this year.

You're pushing the envelope now. You have zero credibility.

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 10:51:52 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:47:47 AM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> You're just not into a woman talking about her body. I bet if a man has said it you would have cracked up.

Fuck you. You insult me.

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 10:52:22 AM12/18/16
Yes, Bugs Bunny is still funny. The old ones. Ans if you're not watching South Park you're missing some of the best writing and social commentary of the times. What's amazing is they're made the same week they air so they are timely.

Hell, you would like it for the fun they poke at Canadians.

https://www.google.com/search?q=south+park+canadians&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjmfu9jP7QAhXDjFQKHSjyCokQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=950

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 11:04:39 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:52:22 AM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> Yes, Bugs Bunny is still funny. The old ones.

Bugs Bunny is funnier than Bill Maher. AND much classier.

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 11:06:43 AM12/18/16
I can't help it that you can't deal with strong women. Maybe you should watch some Alex Jones today. That will put you back to where you feel comfortable.

Look over there, is that the Illuminati?

BTSinAustin

Dec 18, 2016, 11:07:32 AM12/18/16
Agree. Maher is funny but not Bugs funny.

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 11:09:02 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 7:52:22 AM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> https://www.google.com/search?q=south+park+canadians&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjmfu9jP7QAhXDjFQKHSjyCokQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=950

Y'know what's funny? I don't know about y'all's computers but I clicked that link and there is an image of Steve Biko in the upper lefthand corner of Google. Another wonderful South African piece of shit communist in the style of Nelson Mandela. Talk about fake news.

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 11:11:34 AM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 8:06:43 AM UTC-8, BTSinAustin wrote:

> I can't help it that you can't deal with strong women. Maybe you should watch some Alex Jones today. That will put you back to where you feel comfortable.
>
> Look over there, is that the Illuminati?

It's your own credibility, I don't a fuck what you do with it. Fucking baby.

fffurken

Dec 18, 2016, 2:09:25 PM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 3:06:42 PM UTC, da pickle wrote:

> petri dish ... get it?

I'm sure everyone got it, it's just that it's not funny.

Btw, why would anyone assume that the likes of the Canadian dhimmi, BSinAustin or Clam have a GSOH -- other than what reflects their politics or what they think is their "intelligence". lol I doubt any of those virtue signalling assholes have ever laughed heartily in their lives. They're dead people, dead on the inside.

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 2:16:16 PM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 11:09:25 AM UTC-8, fffurken wrote:

> I doubt any of those virtue signalling assholes have ever laughed heartily in their lives. They're dead people, dead on the inside.

We need a "like", "agree", or "thank you" button option on this newsgroup.

1. like - check

2. agree - check

3. thank you - check

BillB

Dec 18, 2016, 2:59:41 PM12/18/16

"popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Right...I just said I like most all of the hottest comedians on the planet,
which of course proves I have no sense of humor. And you thinking these
stadium-filling, award-winning stand-up comedians are NOT at all funny
naturally proves you have a great sense of humor.

Perfect conservative logic....some real high IQ thinking!

popinjay

Dec 18, 2016, 3:14:28 PM12/18/16
On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 11:59:41 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> Right...I just said I like most all of the hottest comedians on the planet,
> which of course proves I have no sense of humor. And you thinking these
> stadium-filling, award-winning stand-up comedians are NOT at all funny
> naturally proves you have a great sense of humor.
>
> Perfect conservative logic....some real high IQ thinking!

Yeah, George Wallace. Such cerebral humor.

joeturn

Dec 18, 2016, 9:58:00 PM12/18/16
On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 1:52:10 PM UTC-5, BTSinAustin wrote:
> On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1:13:09 AM UTC-6, BillB wrote:
> > "popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > > Sarah Silverman does a pretty good job of that without my help.
> >

> > I dunno...I watched both the recent Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer stand-up
> > specials on TV. I thought they were both really funny. If it was a battle,
> > I'd say Sarah won. Stand up comedy is HARD, and they both do it extremely
> > well.
> >
> > It can make one cringe how crude some of the (male and female) stand-ups
> > can be these days, but they're *trying* to make you cringe. It's cringe
> > humor. That's part of the experience. And women do talk like that amoungst
> > themselves behind your back. If you would have known that 30 years ago you
> > might have gotten laid more.
>

> The joke that killed me in Silverman's special went something like this.
>
> Women worry about how they smell "down there". I don't worry, mine has been compared to a peach, a peach tree, a peach tree dish.
>
> Now that is clever writing. For the record, my wife was not amused.

God popped in The Garden of Eden seeing no one but Adam.He ask where is EVE? Adam said shes skinny dipping in the lagoon.God says Oh My I will never get that smell off them fish!