Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Rye sour

Visto 54 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Graham

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 10:57:2618/2/21
I've just started a rye sour as I have borrowed "The Rye Baker" by
Stanley Ginsberg fron the library. At first sight it seems to be
excellent and worth acquiring but reading the first recipe reveals an
appalling level of errors that careful proof editing would have
corrected. I intend to bake some of the recipes hoping that I can spot
any mistakes before getting a lousy result.
This is the sort of book where the one and two star reviews on Amazon
should be taken seriously.

Boron Elgar

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 14:33:2818/2/21
Depressing. There is no excuse for this sort of thing, especially, as
so many recipes that wind up in book such as these get posted online
at the author's promo pages and errors should show up there, too, be
pointed out, and changed in editing.

Graham

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 14:37:5118/2/21
It's a shame because it sets out to be authoritative and is spoiled by
the sloppy editing.
See if you can get it through your library. The long introductory pages
are worth reading.

Boron Elgar

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 14:54:0118/2/21
Last time I checked, the library in town was only functioning
electronically. So many things are not as normal right now.

Graham

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 16:37:3918/2/21
Ours are closed to visitors/members. However, you can order books online
and when they inform you that they are ready, you drive to the branch,
phone the posted number and they put your book on a table outside the door.
When a book is returned, it is quarantined for 3 days before the next loan.

Boron Elgar

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 17:54:1618/2/21
It is certainly more environmentally kind to do that, I suppose, but
these days I mostly scour a few used book sites and buy a used copy if
it is something I truly crave..

My library might also have updated their access as the pandemic has
waned and waxed. I suppose I should check again. Still, I, myself,
quarantine anything that comes in the house by shipment or mail. This
I bring in get Lysol sprayed or wiped down. I know the latest assumes
minimal risk for fomite exposure, but I prefer a bit of virological
theater at this point. Keeps me on my toes.

Graham

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 18:27:1418/2/21
I use 75% isopropyl alcohol and I carry a small spritzer bottle of it
when I go out.

Boron Elgar

no leída,
18 feb 2021, 20:21:1518/2/21
It is truly better safe than sorry these days.

I am among the more fortunate, too. I have had both doses of vaccine,
can easily order products rather than chase them down, have a
plentiful supply of disinfectant, various masks, and disposable
gloves.

JSAN62864

no leída,
16 nov 2022, 13:46:2016/11/22