Alaska Jack Sourdough

Monte

Aug 5, 2010, 11:18:19 AM8/5/10
Someone just sent me some of this. I've used Carl's starter for ages,
but was wondering if this is worth a try?

graham

Aug 5, 2010, 12:12:07 PM8/5/10

"Monte" <spro...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Someone just sent me some of this. I've used Carl's starter for ages,
> but was wondering if this is worth a try?

Why not? What have you got to lose? Maybe a pound of flour.

Boron Elgar

Aug 5, 2010, 1:20:03 PM8/5/10
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 08:18:19 -0700 (PDT), Monte <spro...@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Someone just sent me some of this. I've used Carl's starter for ages,
>but was wondering if this is worth a try?

It is always fun trying a new starter - at least I Think so, but then
I am liable to have 5-7 going at any one time.

As long as the start-up and stabilization doesn't bother you, why not
try it and see how you like it. Flour and water are might cheap and
you may be surprised.

Boron

Phil

Oct 22, 2010, 12:44:57 PM10/22/10
Hello Boron,

Do you still have any of the Yukon Jack starter I sent you many years
ago? I recently moved and mine didn't survive. Somehow even the original
book got lost too. :(

Thanks,
Phil (Albuquerque)

Richard Walker

Nov 12, 2019, 5:29:40 PM11/12/19
I've got the book. I'm toying with rewriting his recipes into a more concise format. One that has starter / poolish / dough and you don't have to search in different parts of the book.