Pampered Chef - Dupont Autograph

已查看 56 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Randy Given

未读,
2003年1月18日 08:42:062003/1/18
收件人
Pampered Chef has a line of cookware using Dupont Autograph. Is that line
good?

Billy

未读,
2003年1月18日 09:14:452003/1/18
收件人
"Randy Given" <Given...@aol.com> wrote:

>Pampered Chef has a line of cookware using Dupont Autograph. Is that line
>good?

Looks like it has rubber handles that most likely can not be put in an oven. I
would avoid them unless the rubber parts can be removed.

Pampered Chef ..<overpriced>............ I know you can get better deals at any
restaurant supply house.

Sheellah

未读,
2003年1月18日 09:57:412003/1/18
收件人
I don't know about the pan, but the Dupont Autograph is Dupont's top of the
line nonstick coating. All-Clad just changed over to it from the Excaliber
coating they used to use.

burt

未读,
2003年2月9日 16:49:192003/2/9
收件人
Billy <wsto...@icx.net> wrote in message news:<p7oi2v8ihpd7ul5bc...@4ax.com>...

The pampered Chef Professional line has a lifetime warranty.
guaranteed not to peel and flake or stick. The handles are phenolic
and are oven safe up to 350. The handles also stay cool on the
cooktop. just today, I made a chocolate chip cookie skillet cake in
my professional Stir-fry skillet. Way good with ice cream. Another
thing I often do with the cookware is: Saute minced onion and garlic
in butter with the Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning. Break apart a
cheap tin of refridgerated biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths.
Stir to coat with saute mixture and bake in the oven at 350 for approx
10 minutes. Great pull-apart garlic bread. Yes. I am an independent
sales consultant with the Pampered Chef. I can have the set(s)
delivered right to your door. Open stock pieces also availiable. deb
recipe:

Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie
(Spring/Summer PC Season's Best 2003)

1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or morsels
1/2 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
2 bars (1.5-2 ounces each) favorite chocolate candy
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Press cookie dough into bottom of Large
(10-in.) Skillet. Top with chocolate chunks. Coarsely chop walnuts
using
Food Chopper; sprinkle over dough. Using Crinkle Cutter, cut candy
bars
into 1/4-inch-thick slices; arrange over dough.

2. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges of cookie are deep golden brown
(center will be soft). Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove skillet from
oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes.

3. Cut cookie into wedges using Small Nylon Turner. Serve warm with
scoops of ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5
g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium
115 mg, Fiber 1 g

Sheellah

未读,
2003年2月9日 17:12:292003/2/9
收件人
I think a better value for you would be the new Anolon Advanced nonstick line.
It uses an improved Autograph 2 coating, both inside and out on the pan, and
has a silicone rubber handle than can go up to 450 I think in the oven. Looked
really nice in the store. Amazon has some very well priced promo pieces on it
right now. Anolon was Cooking Light's editors choice for nonstick cookware,
BTW! There was an artice about skillets in their latest issue. Anolon is made
by Meyers, a very well respected cookware maker who also makes the Kitchenaid
high end lines.

Randy Given

未读,
2003年2月11日 20:59:072003/2/11
收件人
Does the glass on the lids fog up, essentially making the see-thru feature
useless?

a.l

未读,
2003年2月12日 13:08:332003/2/12
收件人

"Randy Given" <Given...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Does the glass on the lids fog up, essentially making the see-thru feature
> useless?

This came up in discussion earlier, about a different set of cookware. At
the time, I said an advantage of the glass lids was that you could see the
food through them. Someone disagreed and said that they fog up, and render
the see-throughness irrelevant. At the time, I couldn't really remember
precisely if they did or not (I have glass lids on my cookware), so I never
replied back. I wasn't going to speak of something I did not concretely know
about.

Anyways, I was reflecting on this a while back, while I was cooking.
Miraculously, the lids do not steam up and become non-transparent. I have
cooked in my stockpot with the lid on for quite some time. I also used the
lid on my frying pan the other day, heating up leftovers, and put a bit of
water in the bottom so I would partially steam the food. You can quite
easily see that there is condensation on the lid, and it drips back to the
pan. And when you lift the lid plenty of steam rises. But all the while, you
could still see perfectly through the lid. The only spots that were not
perfectly transparent, were the few areas where their were drips of steam
that had condensed totally, but had not dripped yet. And then, it was just
like trying to look through a couple rain drops on a window - not a big
problem.

Of course, I don't have pampered chef cookware, but I can't imagine it's
glass lids performing much differently.

PS - Those who adamantly stated that glass lids fog up and become useless,
must never have used them. Too bad not everyone speaks only from specificand
precise knowledge or personal experience.

Vox Humana

未读,
2003年2月12日 14:56:142003/2/12
收件人

"a.l" <alar...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in message

I have glass lids on my cookware and they work just as you described. I
believe that I posted as much when this came up before. I think I would
dislike going back to metal lids.

Sheellah

未读,
2003年2月12日 14:51:412003/2/12
收件人
I had a older set of Cuisinart Everyday stainless and the lids were partially
glass in the center. They did steam up quickly, and you couldn't see into the
pot. I think if there is a steam vent on the lid, or they don't
seal that well, then you might be able to see inside. Also I noticed with a
slightly domed cover, at least on the stainless, the condensation seems to be
mostly on the outer edges, where if the lid is flatter it will be all over. I
don't think, IMHO, that seeing into the pot, is of enough benefit to offset the
risk of breakage, worry, and weight of a glass lid.

pltrgyst

未读,
2003年2月12日 22:28:522003/2/12
收件人

I would disagree with that last statement; some of us like seeing
through so much that we retire any metal lids that come with our pots
and use only glass. 8;)

My glass lids steam up initially, but the visual blockage only lasts for
about thirty seconds, until there's enough steam to condense and start
dripping down. From then on they stay clear.

Regards,
Larry

0 个新帖子