Vitantonio R.I.P.?

Zedd

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
Is the Vitantonio Manufacturing Company defunct? There doesn't appear
to be an active Web site for the business, nor an e-mail address for
that matter. Earlier today I dialed the phone number listed on the back
of one of their product catalogs, and heard only a recording stating
that the number was no longer in service. Supposedly Vitantonio became
a subsidiary of Kadee Products, Ltd., but a Web search lead only to
links for model railroad enthusiasts!

So then: What's the news on this company whose high quality products
were often featured in such upscale catalogs as those from
Williams-Sonoma?

JDeanGEO

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Tell me it ain't so! I have many of their products and love them. The food
strainer has been with me since 1981 and is in use from spring to fall. Ill
begin sleuthing and let you know what I find. Jan

mikel

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99

I don't know if it is the same as the defunct contact info you have;
but, I got this

Vitantonio Manufacturing Company
160 Northfield,
Bedford, Ohio 44146
Telephone: (440) 439-8651

,from this page -> http://www.pizzelle.com/equipment.htm

Let us all know if it is any good or not. By the way, the page I list
also complains of the lack of a web site.

Good Luck,
Mikel

The Cook

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Here is the notice I cut from Appliances on Line.
Susan N.

On May 1, 1998, Vitantanio announced that it will no longer
manufacture the
Victorio® strainer. We will continue to sell parts and screens as
long as we
have inventory on those parts. We don't have new finished units so
please don't
call asking if we have some hidden in a corner of our warehouse.
We are
dealing with another manufacturer who makes this type of strainer,
and we
should be selling those new units by January of 1999. When
information is
available we will add the specs to our site. Vitantonio
Manufacturing can be
reached at 440-439-8651.

JDeanGEO

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow. I called our local Italian Deli and was told
that, in Denver, the Vitantonio rep is Western foods. As it is Sunday, I'll
have to wait to call them, but I'll keep you updated. Jan

Zedd

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99

Jan,
You may have read recent replies to my original posting re Vitantonio,
providing this possible contact information:
Vitantonio Manufacturing Co.
160 Northfield
Bedford, OH 44146
Tel: 440.439.8651

I expect to dial up this number soon; I'll post the results of my call
on this NG. I hope they're still active because they have produced
truly high-quality tools. I am very interested in purchasing their
magnificent ice cream maker -- the Gelato Pro Plus.

Cordially,
Lawrence
(in Nova Scotia)

pat.wis...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2015, 7:47:10 PM12/20/15
Just finished our 35th year of making pizzelles, and broke a small bakelite/plastic piece on the back of the Vitantonio Pizzelle Maid 400-NS that we have had for nearly 30 years.
Does anyone know of anywhere w can get parts?

chri...@foglianifoods.com

Apr 3, 2016, 8:13:05 PM4/3/16
EMail Bill McRook at tds...@Comcast.net. He helped me with my 400's. I have about 10 of them. He has a lot of spare parts.

Joseph Moore

Mar 3, 2021, 12:08:36 PM3/3/21
I was just cleaning my Vitantonio Mfg. Co waffle grill No. 550 that was given to us as a wedding gift on December 27, 1969. That is 51+ years ago and still working. I had to rewire the plug once. It still makes the best Belgium Waffles you will ever taste. Made in the USA - but I guess no longer. Nothing from China can compare.

Alex Kumar

Mar 14, 2021, 3:29:12 PM3/14/21
@Joseph Moore

Can you provide some details on how you rewired the plug?

We have had our 550 waffle grill for over 30 years and it recently started giving us issues with heating (does not heat up properly, barely warm). I am thinking the plug in the back might need some work.

And yes, there is nothing that comes close to the fabulous waffles we have made for decades with the Vinantonio 550, the best ever.

Thanks!

Steve Saeta

Apr 22, 2021, 3:04:14 PM4/22/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 9:08:36 AM UTC-8, Joseph Moore wrote:
> I was just cleaning my Vitantonio Mfg. Co waffle grill No. 550 that was given to us as a wedding gift on December 27, 1969. That is 51+ years ago and still working. I had to rewire the plug once. It still makes the best Belgium Waffles you will ever taste. Made in the USA - but I guess no longer. Nothing from China can compare.
Hi, have you found any instructions or parts for three 550 (my model is 1550, I assume they are the same.)? The heat setting no longer slides up or down. I've taken it apart as much as possible: bottom is fully opened. On top there's a screw under the label. But I cannot figure out where three (probably) 2 screws are fir the top handle / control / lights. Any and all guidance will be appreciated.

Diane Ball

Jul 21, 2021, 4:01:14 PM7/21/21

Diane Ball

Jul 21, 2021, 4:02:03 PM7/21/21

Diane Ball

Jul 21, 2021, 4:09:28 PM7/21/21
I just tried calling their 800 number in the Recipe Book 1-800-837-1661, that came with my Belgium Waffle Maker and received a bunch of "deal offers", so I went back in, didn't hit the # sign and was given this number 1-800-712-6600 and received more of the same. This is why, now, I am contacting this group. What a pain!!! What's going on? All I need is a new Recipe Book for my Waffle Maker because I use it frequently and have had the Waffle Maker for a very long time. At least, your recorder told you that the number wasn't in service anymore, I didn't even get that!

Bill McRook

Feb 9, 2023, 11:55:18 PM2/9/23
Just contact me at TDSBILL on eBay or preferably at Comcast<dot>net

I've got most parts for the 300 irons, and can often help with the 400 irons.

Chiffonade B.

Oct 6, 2023, 4:27:47 PM10/6/23
This is a really old group and I'm hoping someone is still watching. I was just gifted a Vitantonio Gnocchi Maker with no instruction manual and I'm hoping to find one. Does anyone have this manual or know where I can get it? Thanks!

Fawn Bowden

Oct 10, 2023, 8:40:19 AM10/10/23
On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 3:27:47 PM UTC-5, Chiffonade B. wrote:

They were bought out by Kadee Products in July of 1995, employees were re-distributed and laid off and I imagine many of their products eventually were stopped being produced.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Vitantonio+acquired%3B+new+owner+plans+product+expansion.-a017285474

Yvonne Siclari

Nov 25, 2023, 6:16:13 PM11/25/23
On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 4:27:47 PM UTC-4, Chiffonade B. wrote:
> This is a really old group and I'm hoping someone is still watching. I was just gifted a Vitantonio Gnocchi Maker with no instruction manual and I'm hoping to find one. Does anyone have this manual or know where I can get it? Thanks!
see if this helps:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Vitantonio+Gnocchi+Maker+manual