green sands (soft drink)

Peter Reutter

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

hi everybody!
im looking for some information about a soft drink named

" g r e e n s a n d s"

i drank it in yogjakarta, java, indonesia in 1990.
sort of lemon-like taste, no alcohol.

i do *not* mean "green river" produced by the green river corp, mn, usa.

any information, mailed or posted, about "green sands", where to get it from,
producer, contents and so on is highly appreciated!

thanx a lot

peter

James Chris Christenson

Jan 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/24/98

Ahh, Green Sands, yes very refreshing isn't it.? And it does have alcohol,
surprise.

You can make it yourself. I believe the ingredients are ginger ale, beer,
and a dash of lime, tho I do not know the exact proportions. Get your self
a drink guide and look up "shandy", which is what it's called elsewhere.
It's of British origin; those colonialists knew how to drink.

Chris

In article <34C842...@rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de>, Peter Reutter

Mike Luckham

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Peter Reutter wrote:

> hi everybody!
> im looking for some information about a soft drink named
>
> " g r e e n s a n d s"
>
> i drank it in yogjakarta, java, indonesia in 1990.
> sort of lemon-like taste, no alcohol.
>
> i do *not* mean "green river" produced by the green river corp, mn, usa.
>
> any information, mailed or posted, about "green sands", where to get it from,
> producer, contents and so on is highly appreciated!
>
> thanx a lot
>
> peter

I think it's a beer-based shandy, and that it does have 'some' alcolhol
(not much). I'd forgotten about it - now I wish I had a case right now!

Do you want to buy a lot of it?

mike

--
Sunrise Systems Software _____