What Happened to Bitter Lemon?

Michael Maffie

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

I can't find Schweppe's Bitter Lemon mixer anymore! Can anyone tell me
if it is still being made?

Alternately, I suspect that there is a way to synthesize this from
tonic water and some kind of lemon extract. Anyone have any ideas on
how to do this, or what flavoring to use?

Thanks!

Dana Crom

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

In article <55sv1d$g...@news-central.tiac.net>,

Michael Maffie <mma...@mak.com> wrote:
>I can't find Schweppe's Bitter Lemon mixer anymore! Can anyone tell me
>if it is still being made?

They may have quite making it. For a while, I still saw it in England and
Hong Kong, but the last time I was in Hong Kong I couldn't find it anywhere.
(Used to be on the shelf in ~12 oz bottles with the other sodas).

Too bad - it's wonderful over ice in hot weather.
--
--------------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Dana Crom (415) 933-1449 / SGI fully supports and endorses every statement

Bart E.

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

>Michael Maffie <mma...@mak.com> wrote:
>I can't find Schweppe's Bitter Lemon mixer anymore! Can anyone tell me
>if it is still being made?

Here in The Netherlands it's available everywhere, in supermarkets and
liquorstores. The most sold brand is Schweppes but our local
supermarket they have two other brands

Paul S. Winalski

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

Michael Maffie wrote:

> I can't find Schweppe's Bitter Lemon mixer anymore! Can anyone tell me
> if it is still being made?

It's definitely still being made, although it doesn't seem to be as
widely available in the stores as it used to be. Try asking your
market if they can special-order it for you.

--PSW

Michael Albrow

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Paul S. Winalski (wina...@zko.dec.com) wrote:
:

In South Africa it's just had a name change - now called Dry Lemon.

Michael

Sally Turner

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

In article <55sv1d$g...@news-central.tiac.net>, Michael Maffie
<mma...@mak.com> writes

>I can't find Schweppe's Bitter Lemon mixer anymore! Can anyone tell me
>if it is still being made?
>
>Alternately, I suspect that there is a way to synthesize this from
>tonic water and some kind of lemon extract. Anyone have any ideas on
>how to do this, or what flavoring to use?
>
>Thanks!

We have no problem getting it in England. It's just as popular as ever in the
South East. I like it best simply mixed 50/50 with orange juice. This is called
a St Clements and it is really refreshing.
Sally
| Sally Turner EMail sa...@hanger14.demon.co.uk |

scott.c...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2018, 5:19:07 PM4/23/18
I use Tonic Water and a healthy splash of Fresca. Not the real deal, but better than nothibg.

John Geoffrey

Apr 24, 2018, 6:08:03 AM4/24/18
On 23/04/18 23:19, scott.c...@gmail.com wrote:
> I use Tonic Water and a healthy splash of Fresca. Not the real deal, but better than nothibg.

Where are you? I can still buy it in my local supermarkets here in
Central Europe.