Oo-long: "Sorg Bor Charng Ching Tea"

tamkatie

Mar 15, 2005, 3:30:00 AM3/15/05
Has anyone heard of this tea? It's a Taiwan oo-long given to my mom by a
Taiwanese. It got second place at the 91st tea convention (says on the tin)

I think the name is Taiwanese pronunciation... if anyone can read Chinese
here, it's "?????"

The leaves are in a pearl shape and doesn't have a very strong smell.

Katie

tamkatie

Mar 15, 2005, 3:35:40 AM3/15/05
ill... didn't know the Chinese won't show... sorry

> I think the name is Taiwanese pronunciation... if anyone can read Chinese
> here, it's "?????"

Katie

Mydnight

Mar 15, 2005, 8:42:30 AM3/15/05
Can you post the pinyin equivilant in Mandarian? I know 'ching' as
being like a blue/green color....as for the rest of it, I can't
recognize the other words. At least can you put it in Cantonese?

愚者

Mar 15, 2005, 10:17:26 AM3/15/05
Sorg=Song (Pine)
Bor=Bai(Cypress)
Charng=Chang
Ching=Qing
"Chang Qing" (literally, evergreen)

It is said that the name was given by the late Taiwanese president Chiang
Ching-Kuo.

"Mydnight" <mys...@hotmail.com> 撰寫於郵件

tamkatie

Mar 16, 2005, 2:07:06 AM3/16/05
Yes, thank you. I've tried some today. I didn't use a pot to make the tea,
but put a little bit of leaves in a steeper. I'm not very used to the taste,
maybe next time I should try to put in more tea leaves...

Katie

"愚者" <b59...@mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote in message

KristinT

Jan 10, 2023, 10:15:05 PM1/10/23
I am also looking to find this tea. I had it once and it is lovely.

--
For full context, visit https://www.drinksforum.com/tea/oo-long-sorg-bor-charng-ching-tea-110-.htm