What pu character is this?

Space Cowboy

May 9, 2005, 9:18:28 AM5/9/05
I need help with the second character under the sailing ship. It looks
like 'blue' to me. The first is 'tree top' followed by Pu'er tea.
This is typical of pu from China packaged in Hong Kong.

http://img.ebigchina.com/cdimg/85525/154528/0/1036042423.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

Alex Chaihorsky

May 10, 2005, 4:08:41 PM5/10/05
Jim,

The first one is Ding3 (top, peak, VERY)
And the second (I think, humbly) is a form of Jiu4 (OLD, as oppose to new)
same character as Jiu Jin Shan (San Francisco, but in the old form and with
the lower part written differently). I saw this one in SF for around $9. How
did you like it?(Too earthy for me)

Sasha.

"Space Cowboy" <nets...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Space Cowboy

May 11, 2005, 12:32:22 PM5/11/05
Thanks, Sasha. I like your 'very old' which is the way it looks. My
Chinatown was around $6. I'll keep it in the shrinkwrap and save it
for a rainy day if I ever run out of shu pu. I only drink it with
meals. I enjoy the sheng in situ.

Jim

samarkand

May 12, 2005, 12:56:43 PM5/12/05
Hi Sasha,

You are right about the characters. Ding Jiu means Super Old...

The leaves from this tea is picked from the Vietnam border and mostly
processed there. This version of the tea is a newer one, the older ones,
from the 1980s and earlier have a much better drier flavour.

As this is considered a "Border Tea", it is often considered to be one for
daily drinking.

Danny

"Alex Chaihorsky" <nope...@nowhere.com> wrote in message