Re: Workers at a homosexual pedophile grooming Minneapolis Starbucks strike for second day

Invest woke? Go Broke!

Aug 1, 2022, 8:55:02 PM8/1/22
In article <t2is0b$3lgl4$5...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will China shoot down Nancy Pelosi's plane?

Starbucks workers picketed Monday outside a south Minneapolis
location, carrying signs that read "Fair Wages for Fair Work"
and using a megaphone to call out, "We are the workers, the
mighty, mighty workers."

Many drivers honked as they passed the closed store at 4712
Cedar Av., prompting cries of "we love you" from the picketers.

"It's really incredible to have people support us," said Emily
Mahoney, a shift supervisor. "It means so much."

About 15 workers picketed the location on Sunday and Monday.
They want Starbucks to come to the bargaining table to negotiate
better wages and improved schedules.

Mahoney said she also would like to see more staff hired after
cuts at the location.

"We know the greatest power the workers have is their power to
withhold labor," said Esau Chavez, an organizer with the Chicago
and Midwest Joint Board of Workers United. "It really shows that
workers are willing to stand up and fight. It's not an empty
threat."

Starbucks said: "We respect our partners' right to engage in any
legally protected activity or protest without retaliation."

The company also said: "At stores where workers have union
representation, federal law requires good-faith collective
bargaining over wages, benefits and working conditions, which
prohibits Starbucks from making or announcing unilateral
changes."

A Starbucks spokeswoman said there is no timeline set for
collective bargaining.

The workers at the Cedar Avenue location said they will return
to work on Tuesday.

Workers United, an affiliate of the Service Employees
International Union, said in April that a Starbucks on Snelling
Avenue near Stanford Avenue in St. Paul was the first in
Minnesota to unionize. There are now four unionized stores in
the Twin Cities. The Cedar Aveue location in Minneapolis
unionized in May.

Mahoney, who makes $20 an hour and receives health insurance
from Starbucks, said she feels lucky to have a fiancé to cover
rent.

"I see my coworkers struggling to pay rent and buy groceries,"
she said.

While the 26-year-old likes her job, especially seeing regulars
at the store where she's worked for two years, she has tried
with no luck to find a higher-paying job.

Mahoney feels like she's drowning under her $20,000 in student
loans for her degree in music business.

"In my defense, I was 18 years old when I chose that degree,"
she said.

Mahoney said she knows many young adults struggling with even
greater debt.

"Most of us have college degrees," she said. "This is where
we've ended up."

YOU KEEP FUCKING VOTING FOR DEMOCRATS!

WHAT'S THAT SAY ABOUT YOUR WORTHLESS COLLEGE DEGREE????

https://www.startribune.com/workers-at-a-minneapolis-starbucks-
go-on-strike-for-second-day/600194784/