Duck Breast with Tangy Honey Sauce

Nick Cramer

Dec 9, 2009, 7:26:01 AM12/9/09
Duck Breast with Tangy Honey Sauce

Ingredients

1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, including syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dry sherry, or chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Kosher Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
1? teaspoons cider vinegar
garlic to taste
mustard to taste
ginger to taste

4 duck breast halves, 4 to 6 ounces each

Directions

Combine pineapple, honey, sherry, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, orange
juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard and ginger in medium saucepan.

Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 hour to
blend flavors and thicken to taste. Strain and set aside.

Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange duck on rack in
roasting pan. Brush with butter.

Roast at 400 degrees F 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until skin is crisp.

Serve with sauce.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

rec.food.cuisine.jewish recipe archives
<http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/rfcj>

jt august

Dec 9, 2009, 11:49:08 AM12/9/09
In article <20091208194217.810$L...@newsreader.com>,
Nick Cramer <n_cram...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> 1? teaspoons cider vinegar

I like the sound of this recipe. However, this ingredient's measurement
is errant. I am guessing it is supposed to be 1/ with another number
behind it. 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 teaspoon? (I'd guess 1/2, but if I can
verify, I want to do so.)

jt

Nick Cramer

Dec 9, 2009, 11:55:35 PM12/9/09
jt august <star...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Nick Cramer <n_cram...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > 1? teaspoons cider vinegar
>
> I like the sound of this recipe. However, this ingredient's measurement
> is errant. I am guessing it is supposed to be 1/ with another number
> behind it. 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 teaspoon? (I'd guess 1/2, but if I can
> verify, I want to do so.)

Hi jt,

I would have guessed 1/2 tsp, too. When I checked the original recipe, it
says 1-1/2 tsp. Tangy!!!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061