Soup and Sandwich

Sqwertz

Jan 24, 2023, 11:40:46 PM1/24/23
Smoked chopped brisket in BBQ sauce in a hollowed out Italian roll
with a side of ham and bean stu.

https://i.postimg.cc/FRF1s67q/BBQ-Beef-Sandwich-Ham-Bean-Stu.jpg

2023 is very good vintage of ham and bean stew. And the 6.5
month-old smoked brisket was good as new.

A Real Man's Meal [pounding chest]

Pleaee.... PLEASE! EVERYONE! Keep the fanfare down and just
email me, as usual!

Hi "Bob" and "Bruce"!

-sw

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 25, 2023, 12:20:54 AM1/25/23
I'll pass on the beans but the sandwich looks good.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2023, 12:23:30 AM1/25/23
On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 11:20:54 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I'll pass on the beans but the sandwich looks good.

Me too, on the beans but is that mayo on the sandwich?

Sqwertz

Jan 25, 2023, 11:11:07 AM1/25/23
Yes. I put mayo on my sloppy joes, too. It gives a richer taste
and better texture to sandwiches containing a tomato-sauced
filling. It also serves as a moisture barrier so the gloopy tomato
sauces don't soak into the bread and make it all mushy.

I figured you'd have a problem with that, but it's not one that I
share with you.

-sw

Sqwertz

Jan 25, 2023, 11:13:21 AM1/25/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 00:20:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 1/24/2023 11:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Smoked chopped brisket in BBQ sauce in a hollowed out Italian roll
>> with a side of ham and bean stu.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/FRF1s67q/BBQ-Beef-Sandwich-Ham-Bean-Stu.jpg
>>
>> 2023 is very good vintage of ham and bean stew. And the 6.5
>> month-old smoked brisket was good as new.
>>
>> A Real Man's Meal [pounding chest]
>>
>> Pleaee.... PLEASE! EVERYONE! Keep the fanfare down and just
>> email me, as usual!
>>
>> Hi "Bob" and "Bruce"!
>
> I'll pass on the beans but the sandwich looks good.

Ham and beans is a man's stew/soup. It ain't no sissy chicken
noodle or minestrone - Pbbbbt!

-sw

Bryan Simmons

Jan 25, 2023, 12:43:57 PM1/25/23
Great Northern beans smell like especially nasty farts.

--Bryan

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2023, 12:59:49 PM1/25/23
I have no problem with it, I was just asking a question. Testy much?

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2023, 1:01:13 PM1/25/23
On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 11:43:57 AM UTC-6, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 11:23:30 PM UTC-6, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 11:20:54 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll pass on the beans but the sandwich looks good.
> > >
> > Me too, on the beans.
🤔

bob

Jan 25, 2023, 1:04:08 PM1/25/23
His shitter is still backed up.

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 25, 2023, 1:50:09 PM1/25/23
On 2023-01-25, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> Ham and beans is a man's stew/soup. It ain't no sissy chicken
> noodle or minestrone - Pbbbbt!

My husband won't touch beans. However, he's man enough to do this
in the open door of a helicopter, in a variety of locations from
Hawaii to Stonehenge:

http://www.tylermount.com/middle1.html

--
Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 25, 2023, 2:05:44 PM1/25/23
But if he ate beans, with the open door and prop wash the gas would be
quickly dissipated

No, I don't want to switch seat with him.

Sqwertz

Jan 25, 2023, 6:18:26 PM1/25/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 09:59:45 -0800 (PST),
itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 10:11:07 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:23:26 -0800 (PST),
>> itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>
>> is that mayo on the sandwich?
>>
>> Yes. I put mayo on my sloppy joes, too. It gives a richer taste
>> and better texture to sandwiches containing a tomato-sauced
>> filling. It also serves as a moisture barrier so the gloopy tomato
>> sauces don't soak into the bread and make it all mushy.
>>
>> I figured you'd have a problem with that, but it's not one that I
>> share with you.
>>
> I have no problem with it, I was just asking a question. Testy much?

Considering the usual feedback here, always testy. I'm a product
of my environment.

-sw

Sqwertz

Jan 25, 2023, 8:04:35 PM1/25/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 11:04:01 -0700, bob wrote:

> On 2023-01-25 17:59:45 +0000, itsjoan...@webtv.net said:
>
>> On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 10:11:07 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:23:26 -0800 (PST),
>>> itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>>
>>> is that mayo on the sandwich?
>>>
>>> Yes. I put mayo on my sloppy joes, too. It gives a richer taste
>>> and better texture to sandwiches containing a tomato-sauced
>>> filling. It also serves as a moisture barrier so the gloopy tomato
>>> sauces don't soak into the bread and make it all mushy.
>>>
>>> I figured you'd have a problem with that, but it's not one that I
>>> share with you.
>>>
>> I have no problem with it, I was just asking a question. Testy much?
>
> His shitter is still backed up.

Butting into conversations to offer nothing but petty, snide
comments qualifies you for Kookdom.

"Sqwertz: Making Internet Kooks since 1989!"(tm)

-sw

Hank Rogers

Jan 25, 2023, 8:08:17 PM1/25/23
I wonder if he shaves his nads before these great feats? Probably
reduces drag a lot.

Hank Rogers

Jan 25, 2023, 8:10:16 PM1/25/23
You are simply an asshole, as you've always said.

Sqwertz

Jan 25, 2023, 9:03:11 PM1/25/23
Such stimulating conversation to be had here.

-sw

GM

Jan 25, 2023, 9:17:14 PM1/25/23
Like being in a chic Parisian intellectual "salon"... with Jean-Paul Sartre and Howdy Doody as your hosts...

--
GM

Michael Trew

Jan 25, 2023, 10:32:59 PM1/25/23
On 1/25/2023 13:50, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-01-25, Sqwertz<sqwe...@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Ham and beans is a man's stew/soup. It ain't no sissy chicken
>> noodle or minestrone - Pbbbbt!
>
> My husband won't touch beans.

Canned pork n'beaks are just OK, but there are lots of good beans... odd
that he doesn't like any of them.

> However, he's man enough to do this
> in the open door of a helicopter, in a variety of locations from
> Hawaii to Stonehenge:
>
> http://www.tylermount.com/middle1.html

Crack open a can of spinach first, shouldn't be a problem, lol

https://postimg.cc/d7T8f6gJ

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 3:41:36 AM1/26/23
Farting in helicopters does pose problems. The positive air
pressure is instantaneous.

Funny I don't see your husband credited in anything on IMDB.

-sw

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 3:43:23 AM1/26/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 02:41:30 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> Funny I don't see your husband credited in anything on IMDB.

I meant to say IMDBPro :-P

-sw

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 26, 2023, 4:32:29 AM1/26/23
On 2023-01-26, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> On 1/25/2023 13:50, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On 2023-01-25, Sqwertz<sqwe...@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ham and beans is a man's stew/soup. It ain't no sissy chicken
>>> noodle or minestrone - Pbbbbt!
>>
>> My husband won't touch beans.
>
> Canned pork n'beaks are just OK, but there are lots of good beans... odd
> that he doesn't like any of them.

I think it's more about the texture than the taste. I have a middling
relationship with beans myself. They're mostly too mealy to enjoy.
That's why I favor garbanzos (which are fairly firm), lentils, and
small white beans hidden in a vegetable soup.

>> However, he's man enough to do this
>> in the open door of a helicopter, in a variety of locations from
>> Hawaii to Stonehenge:
>>
>> http://www.tylermount.com/middle1.html
>
> Crack open a can of spinach first, shouldn't be a problem, lol
>
> https://postimg.cc/d7T8f6gJ

LOL all you want. I know you wouldn't hang out the door of a helicopter
half a mile up in the sky.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 26, 2023, 4:37:16 AM1/26/23
Because he wasn't in the movie industry. He worked for a defense
contractor. When you're developing a camera to read the ₽50
bills in Putin's wallet, you hover it in a helicopter before you
put it in a satellite.

All that helicopter work is being done with camera balls and
drones now.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 5:10:09 AM1/26/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 09:32:24 GMT, Cindy Hamilton
<hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 2023-01-26, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:

>>> My husband won't touch beans.
>>
>> Canned pork n'beaks are just OK, but there are lots of good beans... odd
>> that he doesn't like any of them.
>
>I think it's more about the texture than the taste. I have a middling
>relationship with beans myself.

Now I want a middling relationship with beans too!

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 3:01:20 PM1/26/23
You'd mount it on the bottom of a helicopter and use servo motors
to aim it, as they've been doing for 50 years. Manually hanging
out of a helicopter with a camera at 1/2 mile seems a little ...
stupid.

But if you're tethered down, I don't see a problem.

All this third-person bragging and bravado over ham and bean stew
being a man's meal... <shrug>.

-sw

jmcquown

Jan 26, 2023, 4:41:38 PM1/26/23
On 1/24/2023 11:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
Looks very tasty, Steve! :)

Jill

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 4:46:04 PM1/26/23
Thank you. I know you're the soup lady, but this and chicken and
dumplings is about the only soups I make. Oh, and the Thai hot
and sour soup a couple weeks ago. Oh, and the Sichuan hot pot a
couple months ago... OK, I guess I do make *some* soups.

-sw

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 4:46:08 PM1/26/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 16:41:30 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Ugh, not really.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 26, 2023, 5:26:59 PM1/26/23
On 2023-01-26, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 09:37:10 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Farting in helicopters does pose problems. The positive air
>>> pressure is instantaneous.
>>>
>>> Funny I don't see your husband credited in anything on IMDB.
>>
>> Because he wasn't in the movie industry. He worked for a defense
>> contractor. When you're developing a camera to read the ₽50
>> bills in Putin's wallet, you hover it in a helicopter before you
>> put it in a satellite.
>
> You'd mount it on the bottom of a helicopter and use servo motors
> to aim it, as they've been doing for 50 years.

They're still using Tyler mounts with human-controlled cameras.
It isn't just one way or the other.

> Manually hanging
> out of a helicopter with a camera at 1/2 mile seems a little ...
> stupid.

Research. It required constant fiddling. Plus, the camera was about
the size of two tower PCs.

> But if you're tethered down, I don't see a problem.

A lot of people are afraid of heights.

--
Cindy Hamilton

bob

Jan 26, 2023, 5:48:51 PM1/26/23
On 2023-01-26 22:26:53 +0000, Cindy Hamilton said:

> A lot of people are afraid of heights.

I don't think a lot of people are so afraid of heights

...they're mostly afraid of falling.

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2023, 6:01:52 PM1/26/23
That's true. Some people are absolutely terrified of heights. I am
careful when I am up high, but I still like it. I always like climbing
trees and being on high buildings, looking down from hills and love
flying. I have worked on major bridges and loved standing on the edge
looking down. I know people who are petrified at the thought of flying
or even going over bridges. I never really understood that.

S Viemeister

Jan 26, 2023, 6:10:15 PM1/26/23
On 26/01/2023 23:01, Dave Smith wrote:

>  That's true. Some people are absolutely terrified of heights. I am
> careful when I am up high, but I still like it. I always like climbing
> trees and being on high buildings, looking down from hills and love
> flying. I have worked on major bridges and loved standing on the edge
> looking down. I know  people who are petrified at the thought of flying
> or even going over bridges.  I never really understood that.

My father flew upside down in an open cockpit biplane, taking pictures
with a big, heavy, 1930s camera (he was a journalist at the time).

jmcquown

Jan 26, 2023, 6:17:38 PM1/26/23
Soup is good food. So is soup and a sandwich. :)

Jill

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 6:50:45 PM1/26/23
Hahahahahaha.

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 6:53:54 PM1/26/23
You forgot to bow after basking in the attention, squirtz.

Perhaps the royal fanfare was insufficient.

GM

Jan 26, 2023, 7:04:18 PM1/26/23
I SURE hope that Steve doesn't let Pwincess Jill "pussy whip" him...

--
GM

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 8:33:41 PM1/26/23
I suspect her old cooter dried up so long ago that she can no
longer whip anyone with her pussy.

Likely only able to make creaking sounds.

Gary

Jan 27, 2023, 9:46:29 AM1/27/23
The falling is fine. It's the sudden stop that's dangerous.

bob

Jan 27, 2023, 9:56:25 AM1/27/23
Yes!

I don't think a lot of people are so afraid of heights

...they're mostly afraid of hitting the ground.

Gary

Jan 27, 2023, 10:12:02 AM1/27/23
Little swarms of fruit flies annoy me.

Gary

Jan 27, 2023, 10:49:11 AM1/27/23
I remember well, 100 years ago, my very first day of painting for a
living (July 1973). It was a construction site building many
apartments/condos all at one time.

As I drove in, I noticed that some buildings were 3 stories high and
immediately thought, "Boy, I feel sorry for whoever (whomever?) has to
paint that high."

Well, I was the "new guy" and guess who immediately took over the high
work? 40-foot ladder stuff. Very scary at first but no big deal after a
couple of weeks.

f...@sdf.org

Jan 27, 2023, 11:32:30 AM1/27/23
On 2023-01-27, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

> Well, I was the "new guy" and guess who immediately took over the high
> work? 40-foot ladder stuff. Very scary at first but no big deal after a
> couple of weeks.

sometimes i wonder how i managed to stay alive. mid 1980s, my early 20s,
my best friend cut down some gigantic maple trees around his house.
wanted to do it himself. said if i helped i could help myself to as much
of the wood as i wanted. i had been wanting a chainsaw for a while so i
bought one.

we proceeded to start taking the trees down limb by limb. having never
used a chainsaw before i stayed on the ground and cut up limbs for about
hour to get the hang of it. once i was confident i didn't think twice
about climbing up the 40 foot ladder to three rungs from the top and
start taking down limbs. i had a few hair sizzling moments but came out
of it unscathed.

my buddy didn't fare so well. he was standing in the crotch of a tree
working on cutting one of the main limbs and half way through the cut it
split and came straight down at him standing in the crotch. he couldn't
bail out fast enough and broke his leg. hired a tree service to take
down the rest.

the hell with that lumberjack stuff. it's much safer working with machine
tools that can turn me into hamburger in the blink of an eye.

--
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org

That which does not kill you makes you stranger.
-- Trevor Goodchild - AEon Flux

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 27, 2023, 11:51:28 AM1/27/23
I have no problem going up about 25 to 28 feet with a 40' ladder. Not
fully extended it is solid as stairs. When extended and bouncy, nope,
not me.

Graham

Jan 27, 2023, 11:55:17 AM1/27/23
Back in the 60s, just before uni, I had a job painting a 15th Century
house and the apex of the eaves was very, very high. These days I pay
someone to clean out my eaves troughs, some of which can be reached by a
tall stepladder.

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 27, 2023, 1:31:35 PM1/27/23
On 2023-01-27, Graham <g.st...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Back in the 60s, just before uni, I had a job painting a 15th Century
> house and the apex of the eaves was very, very high. These days I pay
> someone to clean out my eaves troughs, some of which can be reached by a
> tall stepladder.

My husband built a tool out of Schedule 80 PVC pipe and our leaf blower.
One of the many advantages of a single-story house. We weren't even
particularly old when he built the Mark I attachment.

--
Cindy Hamilton

jmcquown

Jan 27, 2023, 3:14:52 PM1/27/23
On 1/27/2023 10:11 AM, Gary wrote:
>> GM wrote:
>> I suspect her old cooter dried up so long ago

GM is a loser who is for some reason obsessed with my female organs.

> Little swarms of fruit flies annoy me.

WTF are you talking about, Gary?

Jill

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 3:28:08 PM1/27/23
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:14:44 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
lol

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Michael Trew

Jan 27, 2023, 4:09:01 PM1/27/23
On 1/26/2023 4:32, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-01-26, Michael Trew<michae...@att.net> wrote:
>> On 1/25/2023 13:50, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> However, he's man enough to do this
>>> in the open door of a helicopter, in a variety of locations from
>>> Hawaii to Stonehenge:
>>>
>>> http://www.tylermount.com/middle1.html
>>
>> Crack open a can of spinach first, shouldn't be a problem, lol
>>
>> https://postimg.cc/d7T8f6gJ
>
> LOL all you want. I know you wouldn't hang out the door of a helicopter
> half a mile up in the sky.

Hard to say; I've never been in a helicopter. I might not mind it if
it's a similar adrenaline rush to a roller coaster. I don't have a
problem with heights, but I have a problem with airplanes. Helicopters
work very differently from airplanes.

Michael Trew

Jan 27, 2023, 4:18:18 PM1/27/23
On 1/27/2023 10:49, Gary wrote:
> On 1/27/2023 9:56 AM, bob wrote:
>>
>> I don't think a lot of people are so afraid of heights
>>
>> ...they're mostly afraid of hitting the ground.
>
> I remember well, 100 years ago, my very first day of painting for a
> living (July 1973). It was a construction site building many
> apartments/condos all at one time.
>
> As I drove in, I noticed that some buildings were 3 stories high and
> immediately thought, "Boy, I feel sorry for whoever (whomever?) has to
> paint that high."

LOL, I knew where that was going mid-way though the paragraph above. As
Ed said, the problem isn't height (for me), but a bouncy ladder. I
hated every minute of being near the top of a mostly-extended 40' ladder
when painting the eves on my project house last summer. I hated walking
on the scaffolding outriggers, walking on 2X12 super bouncy planks of
wood... I hated that a *whole* lot more.

I persevered and got it done, but that's not something that you get used
to or comfortable doing, when it's bouncing every time you inch along.
Adding salt to the wounds, the few hornet nests which I came across made
it a miracle that I didn't die (I don't do anything with a stinger). I
just freeze up and try not to run when I get too close and they start
flying out.

Mike Duffy

Jan 27, 2023, 4:53:08 PM1/27/23
On 2023-01-27, Michael Trew wrote:

> Hard to say; I've never been in a helicopter.
> I might not mind it [...] Helicopters
> work very differently from airplanes.

Yes. They are inherently unstable, whereas airplanes
are inherently stable. It is possible (without an
autopilot) to set a plane up for a slight climb
and then jump out. It will then climb in a wide circle.

A helicopter will be tumbling in a few seconds.

Are you saying you would feel more comfortable
in a helicopter vs. being in a plane?

Michael Trew

Jan 27, 2023, 5:12:06 PM1/27/23
Likely so... as you know, my "fear" of airplanes (more like strong
dislike) is an "irrational" one. Too big, too much going on, I have no
control, etc... plus the usual too many people, waiting in the airport
and security measures, etc. A helicopter is smaller, with far fewer
people on board, and it moves more slowly.

dsi1

Jan 27, 2023, 5:30:49 PM1/27/23
What you have is an irrational sense of security. Helicopters are a rather dangerous conveyance. It's an expensive, high-maintenance, machine made of thousands of parts trying to rip itself apart. We get a lot of helicopter crashes in Hawaii. My guess is that eVTOLs will replace helicopters pretty rapidly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lycIMh_b-mg

Dave Smith

Jan 27, 2023, 5:47:21 PM1/27/23
My friend is a retired airline pilot with thousands of hours logged. He
has flown all kinds of single, twin and four engine propeller and jet
planes. He has no interest in helicopters. Early in his flying career he
witnessed helicopter crash. He watched it take off and it was only
about 30 feet off the ground when something happened and it fell to the
ground. No serious injuries, but it scared him away from helicopters.

When i was a kid one of our neighbours had a helicopter and he used to
take people up for short rides. It was back in the late 50s and he would
land and take off from the field behind out subdivision. $10 for a
short ride was a lot of money. He went on to operate a helicopter tour
business in Niagara Falls that is still going strong.

Dave Smith

Jan 27, 2023, 5:51:13 PM1/27/23
Planes glide. I have been in a glider. You get towed up by plane or
cable, fly around for a while and then land. Helicopters can do
wonderful things, but if there is a problem with the motor or with the
rotor you're screwed.

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 5:57:00 PM1/27/23
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:47:16 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2023-01-27 4:09 p.m., Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 1/26/2023 4:32, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>

>>> LOL all you want.  I know you wouldn't hang out the door of a helicopter
>>> half a mile up in the sky.
>>
>> Hard to say; I've never been in a helicopter.  I might not mind it if
>> it's a similar adrenaline rush to a roller coaster.  I don't have a
>> problem with heights, but I have a problem with airplanes.  Helicopters
>> work very differently from airplanes.
>

>My friend

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 27, 2023, 6:00:40 PM1/27/23
A helicopter is 30,000 parts rotating around an oil leak.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Mike Duffy

Jan 27, 2023, 6:04:35 PM1/27/23
On 2023-01-27, Dave Smith wrote:

> My friend [...] witnessed a helicopter crash. He watched
> it take off and it was only about 30 feet off the ground
> when something happened and it fell to the ground.
> No serious injuries, but it scared him away from helicopters.

It's considered a successful landing if no serious injuries.

The pilot was lucky; he had not yet built speed or
altitude to the point where he could autorotate.

jmcquown

Jan 27, 2023, 6:10:21 PM1/27/23
Helicopters can move pretty darn quickly when they have to.

When I was a kid and Dad had been given orders, stationed in Bangkok, we
had to catch a flight from NYC La Guardia to San Fransciso. We missed
the flight. I don't remember why. Dad made a phone call and the
Marines sent a helicopter to fly us to JFK to get another flight to SF.
It was *very* cool looking out the windows of a helicopter flying over
NYC going from one airport to the other. :)

Jill

jmcquown

Jan 27, 2023, 6:20:44 PM1/27/23
All of this Helicopter discussion reminded me of the death of actor Vic
Morrow and two children during the making of 'Twilight Zone: Movie'.
Basically decapitated by the rotor blades:

"The low-flying helicopter spun out of control. At the same time, Morrow
dropped Chen into the water. He was reaching out to grab her when the
helicopter fell on top of him and the two children. Morrow and Le were
decapitated by the helicopter's main rotor blades, while Chen was
crushed to death by the helicopter's right landing skid; all three died
almost instantly"

I do cringe any time I see movies or TV shows where the roters are still
spinning.

Jill

Graham

Jan 27, 2023, 6:21:41 PM1/27/23
On 2023-01-27 1:14 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/27/2023 10:11 AM, Gary wrote:
>>> GM wrote:
>>> I suspect her old cooter dried up so long ago
>>
> GM is a loser who is for some reason obsessed with my female organs.

He's jealous that he doesn't sport some!
--
With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come. And let my liver rather
heat with wine, than my heart cool with mortifying groans. MofV: I/1

jmcquown

Jan 27, 2023, 6:24:21 PM1/27/23
On 1/27/2023 6:21 PM, Graham wrote:

>> GM is a loser who is for some reason obsessed with my female organs.
>>

> He's jealous that he doesn't sport some!

LOL Graham! From what I understand there are surgical procedures
available for that. ;)

Jill

S Viemeister

Jan 27, 2023, 6:53:43 PM1/27/23
On 27/01/2023 23:10, jmcquown wrote:

> When I was a kid and Dad had been given orders, stationed in Bangkok, we
> had to catch a flight from NYC La Guardia to San Fransciso.  We missed
> the flight.  I don't remember why.  Dad made a phone call and the
> Marines sent a helicopter to fly us to JFK to get another flight to SF.
> It was *very* cool looking out the windows of a helicopter flying over
> NYC going from one airport to the other. :)

Not the sort of experience one forgets!

Many years ago, I had to get from Edinburgh, Scotland, to NJ for a
family emergency - my mother was in hospital, and they wouldn't send her
home unless she had someone there to nurse her full time, so my Dad
arranged a series of five flights, which ended with a uniformed woman
meeting me at JFK, and escorting me to a helicopter to get me to Newark,
where Dad met me and took me to see my mother. The copter flew amazingly
low over NYC - it flew _between_ the skyscrapers!

I got to see what the Chrysler building looked like up close...

William Stickers

Jan 27, 2023, 6:55:49 PM1/27/23
jmcquown wrote:
> LOL Graham!  From what I understand there are surgical procedures
> available for that. ;)
>
> Jill

Addadicktome?

William Stickers

Jan 27, 2023, 7:07:16 PM1/27/23
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> A helicopter is 30,000 parts rotating around an oil leak.

Did you just think of that?

William Stickers

Jan 27, 2023, 7:08:28 PM1/27/23
Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:47:16 -0500, Dave Smith
> <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> My friend
>
> lol

20 years ago seems like yesterday.

Hank Rogers

Jan 27, 2023, 8:17:21 PM1/27/23
How the hell did he get through the gates at dataw palace?

Your majesty needs better security personel.

Hank Rogers

Jan 27, 2023, 8:22:32 PM1/27/23
Graham wrote:

>> GM is a loser who is for some reason obsessed with my female organs.
>>

> He's jealous that he doesn't sport some!

I don't think either one has any female organs.

I'd bet *YOU* are more likely.

Mike Duffy

Jan 27, 2023, 8:38:36 PM1/27/23
On 2023-01-27, jmcquown wrote:

> GM is a loser who is for some
> reason obsessed with my female organs.

At least he stopped fantasizing about
'someone' raping and killing you.

Did you ever get around to reporting
him to the FBI cyber-crime unit?

Hank Rogers

Jan 27, 2023, 8:43:23 PM1/27/23
Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2023-01-27 4:53 p.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
>> On 2023-01-27, Michael Trew wrote:
>>
>>> Hard to say; I've never been in a helicopter.
>>> I might not mind it [...] Helicopters
>>> work very differently from airplanes.
>>
>> Yes. They are inherently unstable, whereas airplanes
>> are inherently stable. It is possible (without an
>> autopilot) to set a plane up for a slight climb
>> and then jump out. It will then climb in a wide circle.
>>
>> A helicopter will be tumbling in a few seconds.
>>
>> Are you saying you would feel more comfortable
>> in a helicopter vs. being in a plane?
>>
> Planes glide. I have been in a glider. You get towed up by plane or
> cable, fly around for a while and then land.

Were you using the glider to distribute trash over your enemy's
property?

Very logical. I bet it worked great!

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 8:53:53 PM1/27/23

jmcquown

Jan 27, 2023, 10:08:53 PM1/27/23
I filled out the form, fat lot of good it will do.

Jill

GM

Jan 27, 2023, 11:22:40 PM1/27/23
That's right... being a faggot and all, why would I want to emulate Jill's nasty old cooter...???

Lol...

--
GM

GM

Jan 27, 2023, 11:25:16 PM1/27/23
She had Officer Dave use a helicopter to shower his rubbish upon my head...

--
GM

Mike Duffy

Jan 28, 2023, 12:04:23 AM1/28/23
Here is the first web hit on Cindy's statement:

https://aircraftmechanicshirts.com/products/funny-helicopter-definition-shirt

Mike Duffy

Jan 28, 2023, 12:32:35 AM1/28/23
It might take a few weeks, there's a lot
of hate criminals on the Internet.

Bryan is really smart. He says he himself
would enjoy it if JK were dead. Not murdered.

But GM has asked the world at large if there
is anyone else deranged enough to have the same
fantasies of Jill being raped and murdered.

After an FBI Kook Department shrink speaks to
Greg and explains things in legalese, Greg will
stop saying mean things on the Internet.

Then you will only have Bryan's deranged fantasies
about you to deal with, but luckily for you,
they seem to be more about Gary lately.

GM

Jan 28, 2023, 12:45:26 AM1/28/23
Jill should change her name to "Karen":

"What is a Karen?

A "Karen" is a woman who acts entitled, expects certain privileges or special treatment, and gets angered easily...

The term is often used to criticize the behavior of self-absorbed white, affluent, and middle-aged women, but may also be applied to anybody being "extra", or acting demanding and overly dramatic..."

--
GM

Bruce

Jan 28, 2023, 12:58:37 AM1/28/23
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 05:32:28 GMT, Mike Duffy <mxd...@bell.net> wrote:

>On 2023-01-28, jmcquown wrote:

>>> At least he stopped fantasizing about
>>> 'someone' raping and killing you.
>>> Did you ever get around to reporting
>>> him to the FBI cyber-crime unit?
>>
>> I filled out the form,
>> fat lot of good it will do.
>
>It might take a few weeks, there's a lot
>of hate criminals on the Internet.
>
>Bryan is really smart.

lol

GM

Jan 28, 2023, 1:08:50 AM1/28/23
Jill, being a "Karen", hates blacks, so since I'm black "it figures", Mike....

"Karen is a slang term used as an antagonistic female character in memes. "Karen" is generally characterized as an irritating, entitled woman, sometimes as an ex-wife who took custody of "the kids."...

In 2020, the term was broadly applied to a swath of white women who had been filmed harassing people of color, including dialing the emergency services on them for no criminal reason..."

--
GM

GM

Jan 28, 2023, 1:32:43 AM1/28/23
On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 11:32:35 PM UTC-6, Mike Duffy wrote:
Of the victims of Soviet terror, numbering in the millions, playwright Bertold Brecht said, “the more innocent they are, the more they deserved to be shot...”

--
GM

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 28, 2023, 4:35:20 AM1/28/23
I heard it, of course, from my husband.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Gary

Jan 28, 2023, 7:47:33 AM1/28/23
Just kidding, right?
FBI has to screen out many crybaby complaints.

Bryan Simmons

Jan 28, 2023, 8:07:05 AM1/28/23
John Kuthe's sister is named Karen. Yep, Karen Carr,
of 623 Pinellas Drive, in Crestwood, Missouri.
According to John, she is "a real bitch." I mean, come
on, her brother is obviously mentally ill, and she won't
give him money. I guess she's like John's ex-wife, a
"silly stupid selfish bitch." I bet she wouldn't let her
baby brother fuck her in the ass either. How selfish!

> --
> GM

--Bryan

GM

Jan 28, 2023, 10:27:12 AM1/28/23
Poor Jill, she *really* needs to get a new cat, lol...

--
GM

Bruce

Jan 28, 2023, 11:22:25 AM1/28/23
Crybaby? How many spam mails do you get per day?

Leonard Blaisdell

Jan 29, 2023, 9:33:15 PM1/29/23
On 2023-01-27, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

> Well, I was the "new guy" and guess who immediately took over the high
> work? 40-foot ladder stuff. Very scary at first but no big deal after a
> couple of weeks.

Which brought to mind when I was a kid. I have no memory of applying for
the job, but I must have. About twenty young men were taken to the top
of a nine-thousand foot mountain and instructed to paint several radio
towers. Another guy and I were given a couple of buckets of silver paint
and told to paint one tower from the top-down. So, we did.
I don't recall any safety equipment, but this would be around 1964. The
tower portion we painted was probably no more than sixty feet high. The
tower itself was the ladder and a angle-iron structure.
At the end of the day, everything was done and we went home. The job was
a one-day deal. The guy I paired with later became the sheriff of
Carson City, and I became me.

Leonard Blaisdell

Jan 29, 2023, 9:39:15 PM1/29/23
On 2023-01-27, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

> I have no problem going up about 25 to 28 feet with a 40' ladder. Not
> fully extended it is solid as stairs. When extended and bouncy, nope,
> not me.

Stepladders make me uncomfortable now, and I'm younger than you.
So it goes. :)

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 29, 2023, 11:36:50 PM1/29/23
I should clarify. that was in my past life. Should have said "had" My
limit now is two steps on a step ladder. Month ago I had a little job
that was higher so I paid someone to do it.

songbird

Jan 30, 2023, 9:53:31 PM1/30/23
Gary wrote:
> On 1/27/2023 9:56 AM, bob wrote:

>>> The falling is fine. It's the sudden stop that's dangerous.
>>
>> Yes!
>>
>> I don't think a lot of people are so afraid of heights
>>
>> ...they're mostly afraid of hitting the ground.
>
> I remember well, 100 years ago, my very first day of painting for a
> living (July 1973). It was a construction site building many
> apartments/condos all at one time.
>
> As I drove in, I noticed that some buildings were 3 stories high and
> immediately thought, "Boy, I feel sorry for whoever (whomever?) has to
> paint that high."
>
> Well, I was the "new guy" and guess who immediately took over the high
> work? 40-foot ladder stuff. Very scary at first but no big deal after a
> couple of weeks.

i learned the hard way on too many construction sites.
always look out for yourself and never take anyone else's
word for your own safety.

almost all of my major injuries at work were caused by
other people doing stupid things and even after they were
told it was a problem they persisted.

glad i got out of the contruction trade - we were not
compatible...

songbird

songbird

Jan 30, 2023, 9:53:33 PM1/30/23
Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> Which brought to mind when I was a kid. I have no memory of applying for
> the job, but I must have. About twenty young men were taken to the top
> of a nine-thousand foot mountain and instructed to paint several radio
> towers. Another guy and I were given a couple of buckets of silver paint
> and told to paint one tower from the top-down. So, we did.
> I don't recall any safety equipment, but this would be around 1964. The
> tower portion we painted was probably no more than sixty feet high. The
> tower itself was the ladder and a angle-iron structure.
> At the end of the day, everything was done and we went home. The job was
> a one-day deal. The guy I paired with later became the sheriff of
> Carson City, and I became me.

is that good or bad? :)

one building i worked on went up at least seven stories,
which isn't much for people who live in tall buildings or
work on them, but for me i don't spend much time in the
upper realms. gardens and worms on the ground are more
my thing.

one day delivering materials they had an external
elevator with nothing around it, just a pallet that
went up and down. i was up on the 7th floor balcony
pulling things off and went just a little off
balance and that was enough for me. the rest of
the day i moved things up the stairs two boxes at a
time. there was no railing on that balcony, there
wasn't anything to tie off to or to hold on. nada.
i don't know how many OSHA violations that would be
today, but people didn't care as much back then. i
guess...

songbird

bruce bowser

Jan 31, 2023, 4:40:08 PM1/31/23
Ha, OSHA. I've looked at OSHA violations on YouTube. Incredible.

Mr Pinball

Jan 31, 2023, 7:19:09 PM1/31/23