Cheez Waffles

Nancy Young

Oct 26, 2015, 2:43:19 PM10/26/15
Okay, I know the name is Waffies.

I thought they'd stopped making them, but I was in a store
today, looking for some chips and what did I spy on the bottom
shelf?

I grabbed three bags.

nancy

sf

Oct 26, 2015, 2:54:34 PM10/26/15
They're making a comeback? Can't say I've heard of them.

--

sf

Nancy Young

Oct 26, 2015, 2:58:18 PM10/26/15
They are hard to find, and they don't make them all year round,
I gather.

They qualify as stupid food that is somehow addicting. They
are the reason I can't sneer too hard at Velveeta, this is
worse.

nancy

The Cook

Oct 26, 2015, 3:30:10 PM10/26/15
On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:43:08 -0400, Nancy Young
<rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Where did you find them? There probably isn't a store in that chain
around here, but I can start looking. Last I found was at Amazon.
Maybe I will check there again.

--
Susan N.

jmcquown

Oct 26, 2015, 3:31:35 PM10/26/15
On 10/26/2015 3:27 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Wise doesn't make them. I never figured out who does, but the supply
> is inconsistent at even the places that sell the whole range of Wise
> (and Jay's) products. They are the same product co-branded by Jay's
> (Snyder's), Wise, and formerly Old London. You just have to keep
> looking for them because as soon as a limited supply hits the shelves,
> they get sucked up by the hoarding jerks like you! :-)
>
> They don't distribute Wise nor Jay's around here so I can only get
> them when I go to Pittsburgh or Chicago (or if I really wanted, by
> mail order).
>
> -sw

Amazon?! j/k :)

Jill

Nancy Young

Oct 26, 2015, 3:51:14 PM10/26/15
On 10/26/2015 3:30 PM, The Cook wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:43:08 -0400, Nancy Young
> <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Okay, I know the name is Waffies.
>>
>> I thought they'd stopped making them, but I was in a store
>> today, looking for some chips and what did I spy on the bottom
>> shelf?
>>
>> I grabbed three bags.

> Where did you find them? There probably isn't a store in that chain
> around here, but I can start looking. Last I found was at Amazon.
> Maybe I will check there again.

It's an independent chain, Foodtown. The owner/founder lives in
my town, and I was surprised to see how far the stores are located
from here. New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania.

nancy

Nancy Young

Oct 26, 2015, 3:59:50 PM10/26/15
On 10/26/2015 3:32 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:58:11 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> They qualify as stupid food that is somehow addicting. They
>> are the reason I can't sneer too hard at Velveeta, this is
>> worse.
>
> Velvetta is for low-class people. Waffies are for high class power
> snackers!

Oh, yeah, that's right!

> The only snack food I can find that's as cheezy are the Lay's/Sabritas
> "Queso" Ruffles potato chips. For some reason, like the Cheez
> Waffies, these are always stocked away from the Lay's chips on the
> bottom shelf and aren't always in stock, and are the most expensive of
> the Ruffles products - never on sale. Just like the Waffies. I think
> somebody has a patent on the SuperCheez flavoring and sell it to Lays
> and Wise :-)

Because you know everyone would love to duplicate this neon substance.

> http://www.fritolay.com/snacks/product-page/ruffles/ruffles-queso-cheese-flavored-potato-chips

I'll keen an eye out for those. I like Ruffles. For some reason,
lately I've been on a Wise Sour Cream and Onion chips kick, I don't
normally even have chips. I was looking for those when I don't
know how, these caught my eye.

This particular store, it's a pain to get to, as much as I like the
place I hardly go there. It's also the only place I ever find
Cheez Waffies and I look every time I go there. I didn't look today
because I thought they were discontinued.

I did hog them. My stocking up sickness kicked in and they're
lucky I left any.

nancy

ImStillMags

Oct 26, 2015, 5:10:35 PM10/26/15
You can get them on Amazon.....only you have to order several bags at once. If you are a waffie freak, that's no problem.

jmcquown

Oct 26, 2015, 5:27:08 PM10/26/15
On 10/26/2015 4:52 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 26-Oct-2015, The Cook <susan_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:43:08 -0400, Nancy Young
>> <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I know the name is Waffies.
>>>
>>> I thought they'd stopped making them, but I was in a store
>>> today, looking for some chips and what did I spy on the bottom
>>> shelf?
>>>
>>> I grabbed three bags.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>

>> Where did you find them? There probably isn't a store in that chain
>> around here, but I can start looking. Last I found was at Amazon.
>> Maybe I will check there again.
> Both Wise and Jay's have product locators - check the websites.

I worked with a woman who swore Jay's potato chips were the be all end
all of potato chips. She also said she could only get them when she
went to visit relatives in Chicago. She brought a couple of bags back.
I tasted a chip. Sorry, there was absolutely nothing special about it.

Jay's, Lay's, no difference as far as I could tell. A few weeks later I
was wandering through the snack food aisle and found Jay's potato chips.
Apparently you don't (didn't?) have to visit relatives in Chicago to
find Jays potato chips. Still nothing special

I like the occasional salty snack. I much prefer salty over sweet. I
wouldn't go to another state just to buy potato chips. ;)

Cheese Waffies? I don't think I've ever seen them. Probably due to
where I live. I can find and do occasionally buy Wise brand Cheese
Doodles. Because sometimes everyone wants that bright orange cheese
powder. LOL

Jill

spamtr...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 6:00:18 PM10/26/15
On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 2:27:08 PM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/26/2015 4:52 PM, l not -l wrote:
> > On 26-Oct-2015, The Cook <susan_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Where did you find them? There probably isn't a store in that chain
> >> around here, but I can start looking. Last I found was at Amazon.
> >> Maybe I will check there again.
> > Both Wise and Jay's have product locators - check the websites.
> >
> I worked with a woman who swore Jay's potato chips were the be all end
> all of potato chips. She also said she could only get them when she
> went to visit relatives in Chicago. She brought a couple of bags back.
> I tasted a chip. Sorry, there was absolutely nothing special about it.

New buyers of Jays closed the Chicago factory in 2007. No longer can
people going up the Dan Ryan see semitrailers being jacked up
hydraulically to let the potatoes tumble out.

With new ownership came an abandoning of former products and names
No more "Rippled Dippettes." Jay's Pork Rinds (RIP) even came with
a hot sauce packet.

But in general, people are very loyal to their local potato chip brand.
Because to ship potato chips is to ship air, all chips were made locally
until the invention of Pringles made chips dense. Lays became a national
brand by virtue of Frito-Lay buying up local producers, like New Era in
Chicago. I do see why Detroiters like Better Made -- it's not just
localism.

jmcquown

Oct 26, 2015, 6:39:46 PM10/26/15
On 10/26/2015 6:25 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 26-Oct-2015, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Jay's, Lay's, no difference as far as I could tell. A few weeks later I
>> was wandering through the snack food aisle and found Jay's potato chips.
>> Apparently you don't (didn't?) have to visit relatives in Chicago to
>> find Jays potato chips. Still nothing special
>>
>> I like the occasional salty snack. I much prefer salty over sweet. I
>> wouldn't go to another state just to buy potato chips. ;)
>>
>> Cheese Waffies? I don't think I've ever seen them. Probably due to
>> where I live. I can find and do occasionally buy Wise brand Cheese
>> Doodles. Because sometimes everyone wants that bright orange cheese
>> powder. LOL
> The bright orange cheese powder is available in 1 pound containers; you can
> now have orange fingers from all manner of home-made snacks. Don't ask me
> how I know. 8-)
>
> PS: It's pretty good on popcorn.

It probably is. I don't eat popcorn so I would certainly have no reason
to buy the cheese powder. :)

Jill

Nancy Young

Oct 26, 2015, 7:17:41 PM10/26/15
On 10/26/2015 6:25 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 26-Oct-2015, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Cheese Waffies?

It looks like it says Cheez Waffles if you look quick.
I guess calling them Waffles poses some kind of problem.

> I don't think I've ever seen them. Probably due to
>> where I live. I can find and do occasionally buy Wise brand Cheese
>> Doodles. Because sometimes everyone wants that bright orange cheese
>> powder.

> The bright orange cheese powder is available in 1 pound containers; you can
> now have orange fingers from all manner of home-made snacks. Don't ask me
> how I know. 8-)

I'm keeping that from my cat. When she finds out I have these
Cheez snacks, she runs over and starts yanking urgently on my
arm until I give her some. if she knew about the one pound can ...

nancy

jmcquown

Oct 26, 2015, 7:39:36 PM10/26/15
Persia used to do that, too. She'd lick the cheese off and leave a wet
cheese doodle snack on the floor.

Jill

Hot Broth

Oct 26, 2015, 8:16:26 PM10/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> Velvetta is for low-class people.

Like YOU, woman-stalker.

Hot Broth

Oct 26, 2015, 8:16:49 PM10/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> Fuck that.
>
> -sw

Yo momma?

Not even the hogs will.

Hot Broth

Oct 26, 2015, 8:25:17 PM10/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> Thanks for the offer!

EAT SHIT AND DIE!

Hot Broth

Oct 26, 2015, 8:34:11 PM10/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> Wise doesn't make them.

Fuck off, eh.

Hot Broth

Oct 26, 2015, 11:57:25 PM10/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> I was able to buy Cheez Waffies

No one cares, get the fuck out of here, woman-stalker.

Hot Broth

Oct 26, 2015, 11:57:49 PM10/26/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> They have tons of flavors.

ESAD, woman-stalker.

sf

Oct 27, 2015, 1:05:35 AM10/27/15
<rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 10/26/2015 2:53 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:43:08 -0400, Nancy Young
> > <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Okay, I know the name is Waffies.
> >>
> >> I thought they'd stopped making them, but I was in a store
> >> today, looking for some chips and what did I spy on the bottom
> >> shelf?
> >>
> >> I grabbed three bags.
> >>

> > They're making a comeback? Can't say I've heard of them.
>
> They are hard to find, and they don't make them all year round,
> I gather.
>
> They qualify as stupid food that is somehow addicting. They
> are the reason I can't sneer too hard at Velveeta, this is
> worse.

I found a picture and they look like tiny stroopwafels to me. Cheese
filled stroopwafels. :)

--

sf

sf

Oct 27, 2015, 3:40:45 PM10/27/15
On 10/27/2015 7:43 AM, l not -l wrote:
> I bought a bag of their twin on Friday. Waffies are generally sold in the
> east and south by Wise Foods; but, have been seen on occasion at Big Lots!
> stores elsewhere. The same cheesy waffle snack is sold as Jay's Cheese
> Wheels in the parts of the country served by Jay's snacks (a part of Snyder
> and Lance snack foods). Websites for both companies offer product locators.

+1
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

gtr

Oct 27, 2015, 6:18:41 PM10/27/15
On 2015-10-26 18:58:11 +0000, Nancy Young said:

> On 10/26/2015 2:53 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:43:08 -0400, Nancy Young
>> <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I know the name is Waffies.
>>>
>>> I thought they'd stopped making them, but I was in a store
>>> today, looking for some chips and what did I spy on the bottom
>>> shelf?
>>>
>>> I grabbed three bags.
>>>

>> They're making a comeback? Can't say I've heard of them.
>
> They are hard to find, and they don't make them all year round,
> I gather.

I note that a new Cheetoes "Mix Up" includes regular Cheetoes, "Flamin'
Hot" (which I despise) and some other Cheetoe is in there. But
additionally they have a cheesy waffle-cut thingee. Sounds like your
Waffies.

I heard about them and started snooping. It took a few weeks before it
showed up in a store, but with the "Flamin' Hot" and the other flavor
(I forget what it was, maybe tennis-shoes and Elmer's glue), I couldn't
talk myself into it.

I'd like to try the cheetoes waffles because of my crunchy/salty/cheesy issues.

Cheri

Oct 27, 2015, 8:42:18 PM10/27/15

Cheri

Oct 27, 2015, 8:47:19 PM10/27/15
In article <d97rtk...@mid.individual.net>, j_mc...@comcast.net
says...
+1
Cheri

Ed Pawlowski

Oct 27, 2015, 8:50:18 PM10/27/15

Hot Broth

Oct 28, 2015, 1:10:11 AM10/28/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> They are not a dusted product

You knock over a convenience store again?

Nancy Young

Nov 5, 2015, 12:35:03 PM11/5/15
On 10/26/2015 4:43 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 26-Oct-2015, Nancy Young <rjynlyo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Okay, I know the name is Waffies.
>>
>> I thought they'd stopped making them, but I was in a store
>> today, looking for some chips and what did I spy on the bottom
>> shelf?
>>
>> I grabbed three bags.
>
> I bought a bag of their twin on Friday. Waffies are generally sold in the
> east and south by Wise Foods; but, have been seen on occasion at Big Lots!
> stores elsewhere. The same cheesy waffle snack is sold as Jay's Cheese
> Wheels in the parts of the country served by Jay's snacks (a part of Snyder
> and Lance snack foods). Websites for both companies offer product locators.

Just now I was in a store that never ever carries the cheese waffles.
I actually bought their last box of Old London cheese waffles, after
that they were never seen again, in any store. And I looked.

I don't know what made me notice, it was one of those displays at the
end of an aisle, on the side. A metal rack. Snack size chips.
What do I see??

Waffle Works cheese waffles. Distributed by Herr's.

No doubt still the same manufacturer.

nancy

Magdalena

Nov 5, 2015, 1:37:28 PM11/5/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up.

Fuck off and die.

You subhuman SHITHEAD!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

swe...@cluemail.compost
<i6x4dy0h0232$.d...@sqwertz.com>
3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Nancy Young

Nov 5, 2015, 3:14:42 PM11/5/15
On 11/5/2015 1:10 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 12:34:53 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Waffle Works cheese waffles. Distributed by Herr's.
>>
>> No doubt still the same manufacturer.
>
> Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for those since Walmart
> likes to carry a lot of the Herr's products sporadically (but never in
> the chip aisle which is almost exclusively all Frito Lay products).
>
> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Waffle-Works-Cheddar-Cheese-Flavored-Waffle-Sandwich-Snacks-4-oz/45039303

Look at that ... the bags are 4 ounces compared to the Cheez Waffies 5.

nancy

Magdalena

Nov 5, 2015, 6:47:14 PM11/5/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> I'll eat the whole bag in one
> sitting:-)
>
> -sw

Damned right you will, you porked-out little dumpling!

Nancy Young

Nov 5, 2015, 8:31:54 PM11/5/15
On 11/5/2015 6:43 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I noticed that, too. Do they taste the same? The difference in
> weight might mean these are not made by the same people that made Old
> London, Jay's, and Wise's. Of course it's not hard to recalibrate the
> machinery, either.

http://tinypic.com/r/2dijedl/9

The Wise is on the right. I tried to compare them, taste-wise,
I think they're pretty similar. One thing that makes it hard is
there are no two alike, never mind in different brand bags. I tried
to pick similarly cheesey ones.

They're most likely the same.

> A 4-ounce bad pretty much guarantees I'll eat the whole bag in one
> sitting :-)

Right? Ha. Well, there's just this much left, might as well.

nancy

Nancy Young

Nov 6, 2015, 7:49:25 AM11/6/15
On 11/6/2015 12:04 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 20:31:44 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

>> The Wise is on the right. I tried to compare them, taste-wise,
>> I think they're pretty similar. One thing that makes it hard is
>> there are no two alike, never mind in different brand bags. I tried
>> to pick similarly cheesey ones.
>>
>> They're most likely the same.
>
> Check out the fine print on the bag. Does it say "DISTRIBUTED by
> Herr's"? I know the Wise version says that.

Yes, Distributed By. And the contact website is 1 herrs.com.

I checked that right away because of all the previous discussions.

> With some foods it specifically says "Made/Manufactured by..." or when
> it's co-branded and made by someone else, "Distributed by...".

All the small print is about Herr's ... and nothing says
Manufactured By.

nancy

Magdalena

Nov 6, 2015, 5:09:04 PM11/6/15
Sqwertz wrote:
> I know the Wise version says that.

tru...@yahoo.com

Dec 29, 2019, 10:01:03 PM12/29/19
On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 1:43:19 PM UTC-5, Nancy Young wrote:
> Okay, I know the name is Waffies.
>
> I thought they'd stopped making them, but I was in a store
> today, looking for some chips and what did I spy on the bottom
> shelf?
>
> I grabbed three bags.
>
> nancy

tru...@yahoo.com

Dec 29, 2019, 10:02:00 PM12/29/19
Can anyone tell me where I can buy them now???
Trudy

jmcquown

Dec 31, 2019, 9:58:01 AM12/31/19
Try Walmart. Or just do a search for Cheez Waffies and see what comes
up in your area.

Jill

bruce2...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2020, 9:37:28 AM1/6/20
A bag of fried potato waffles would be great, especially doused with plenty of salt Old Bay Seasoning !!