Fat waitstaff

ZaftigGoddessAnita

May 9, 2003, 3:44:00 AM5/9/03
My husband told me something when we first began dating that I've thought
about a lot lately, esp. since I went to a restaurant recently where all
the waitstaff seem to be really small and tiny.
My husband told me he sometimes judges a new restaurant by whether the
waitresses are fat or skinny. He said skinny waitresses give him the
feeling that the food there mnust not be too good. He said fat waitresses
(esp if they are very friendly and outgoing) give him the feeling that a)
the food must be good, and b) he is being welcomed to eat there and is made
to feel at home.

I dunno, although he does believe in fat acceptance, he tends to be a bit
of an FA (fat admirer) and I think he associates fat ppl with food (like
most ppl do.)

What do you think? Is this a valid assumption to make?

aMAZon

May 9, 2003, 6:40:38 AM5/9/03

ZaftigGoddessAnita wrote:
> My husband told me something when we first began dating that I've thought
> about a lot lately, esp. since I went to a restaurant recently where all
> the waitstaff seem to be really small and tiny.

(snip rest of post)

Note what it says in the headers:
"Comments: This mesage probably did not originate from the above
address. It was automatically remailed by one or more anonymous mail
services."

Set your replies accordingly. Looks like this post is YA forgery.

--
aMAZon
zeszutko at nycap.rr.com
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Lady Veteran

May 9, 2003, 9:59:29 AM5/9/03

Lynn K.

May 9, 2003, 1:20:49 PM5/9/03

"ZaftigGoddessAnita" <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> wrote in message

I, for one, think that's a ridiculous statement, or assumption to make! Some people just
have a very fast metabolism and burn off the calories rather than turning them to fat. I
am the opposite with an extremely slow metabolism. I eat very little and gain weight just
thinking about food. Does this mean that I would be a good waitress?

Ktsheehy3624

May 9, 2003, 1:32:31 PM5/9/03
ZaftigGoddessAnita wrote:

<snip>

>My husband told me he sometimes judges a new restaurant
>by whether the waitresses are fat or skinny. He said skinny
>waitresses give him the feeling that the food there mnust not
>be too good.

One novel way to judge the food when you go to a new restaurant
might be to order some and taste it. Or do you just present yourselves
at the host's podium, size up the waitstaff for obesity and leave if
they look too sleek?

shawn_p...@yahoo.com

May 9, 2003, 3:56:22 PM5/9/03
i will say this. if i go to an (fill in the ethnicity) restaurant, i expect
to see some members of said ethnicity in the restaurant.

... Shawn Pickrell

Johnny_B

May 9, 2003, 5:59:19 PM5/9/03
In 8M3VFEIF37750.4052314815@Gilgamesh-frog.org,
ZaftigGoddessAnita <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> typed:

I was taught to never trust a thin chef or thin restaurant manager/owner. I
haven't witnessed too many fat, friendly waitresses. My experience has been
that fat waitresses are always complaining about something.

--
Johnny B. Goode
Love your body--say 'NO' to Fat Acceptance.

Johnny_B

May 9, 2003, 6:06:07 PM5/9/03
In ivcnbvchrljqppk7p...@4ax.com,
Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com> typed:

> On 9 May 2003 09:44:00 +0200, ZaftigGoddessAnita
> <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> was forged by the filthy
> bastards:
>

> This is a post reposted without the owner's permission.
>
> This activities is for $3 Queers and maggots.
>
> You know who you are...

And we all know who and what you are, ya *filthy* animal.

> LV
>
> Lady Veteran

Im Laughing

May 9, 2003, 8:30:56 PM5/9/03
Your husband's nuts and if you believe him...so are you.

"ZaftigGoddessAnita" <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> wrote in
message news:8M3VFEIF37750.4052314815@Gilgamesh-frog.org...

rms

May 9, 2003, 8:56:00 PM5/9/03
In article <20030509133231...@mb-m13.news.cs.com>,
ktshee...@cs.com says...

>One novel way to judge the food when you go to a new restaurant
>might be to order some and taste it. Or do you just present yourselves
>at the host's podium, size up the waitstaff for obesity and leave if
>they look too sleek?

That stand that one puts papers on is a lectern. A podium is
a raised platform that one stands on. :b rms

stg-delfuego

May 9, 2003, 9:13:08 PM5/9/03
"Johnny_B" <Joh...@bgoode.net> wrote in message news:<7ca6fcfa9dd32432...@free.teranews.com>...

> In 8M3VFEIF37750.4052314815@Gilgamesh-frog.org,
> ZaftigGoddessAnita <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> typed:
> > My husband told me something when we first began dating that I've thought
> > about a lot lately, esp. since I went to a restaurant recently where all
> > the waitstaff seem to be really small and tiny.
> > My husband told me he sometimes judges a new restaurant by whether the
> > waitresses are fat or skinny. He said skinny waitresses give him the
> > feeling that the food there mnust not be too good. He said fat waitresses
> > (esp if they are very friendly and outgoing) give him the feeling that a)
> > the food must be good, and b) he is being welcomed to eat there and is
> > made to feel at home.
> >
> > I dunno, although he does believe in fat acceptance, he tends to be a bit
> > of an FA (fat admirer) and I think he associates fat ppl with food (like
> > most ppl do.)
> >
> > What do you think? Is this a valid assumption to make?

The point your boyfriend makes is omewhat valid, with the possible
exception c) their tips suck, or they have outrageous personal bills
which prohibits them from having to pay for their food there.
I think the only overweight person I would not want telling me what's
in my best interest or helping me with a decision is a doctor or
dietician.

PENMART01

May 9, 2003, 10:25:15 PM5/9/03

That would all depend on if your breasts were large.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

May 9, 2003, 10:29:40 PM5/9/03
>One novel way to judge the food when you go to a new restaurant
>might be to order some and taste it. Or do you just present yourselves
>at the host's podium, size up the waitstaff for obesity and leave if
>they look too sleek?

I simply check the waitresses for distended nipples.

Merriam Webster

distend

verb

1 : EXTEND
2 : to enlarge from internal pressure : SWELL
: to become expanded
synonym see EXPAND

---

PENMART01

May 9, 2003, 10:33:55 PM5/9/03
>That stand that one puts papers on is a lectern. A podium is
>a raised platform that one stands on.

A lectern and a podium are synonymous; both are a dais.

Miche

May 9, 2003, 11:11:03 PM5/9/03
In article <8M3VFEIF37750.4052314815@Gilgamesh-frog.org>,
ZaftigGoddessAnita <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> wrote:

[crossposts snipped; rec.food.cooking _only_]

I think the only valid assumption that can be made by the size of the
waitstaff is "these are the waitstaff the management decided to hire".

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Dave Brower

May 10, 2003, 1:36:59 AM5/10/03

"Im Laughing" <Ha...@attbi.com> wrote in message

> Your husband's nuts and if you believe him...so are you.

What does her husband's nuts have to do with it? Or did you mean *her
husband IS nuts*?

Jill McQuown

May 10, 2003, 4:03:41 AM5/10/03
"ZaftigGoddessAnita" <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> wrote in
message news:8M3VFEIF37750.4052314815@Gilgamesh-frog.org...
> My husband told me something when we first began dating that I've thought
> about a lot lately, esp. since I went to a restaurant recently where all
> the waitstaff seem to be really small and tiny.
> My husband told me he sometimes judges a new restaurant by whether the
> waitresses are fat or skinny. He said skinny waitresses give him the
> feeling that the food there mnust not be too good.

Love that cross-posting crap!

But here's my 2 cents. He's assuming the wait staff actually eats there.
It is not indicative of the quality of the food, it's a matter of cost as
well as being tired of the same food day after day.

I've been a server in a few restaurants; they don't give away free meals.
Considering wait staff earns less than $3/hour plus tips (which must be
reported as a percentage of sales whether the patrons actually tip that much
or not), the "discount" they get on food is not much. And I can also say,
by the time I left those restaurants I didn't want to eat anything I'd
carried to the tables. It's a matter of the senses being overwhelmed by the
same food day after day.

Jill

Jill McQuown

May 10, 2003, 4:16:08 AM5/10/03

Ray and I went to a new Mexican place down the road last Sunday. We walked
in and I took one look at the patrons and whispered with a grin, "We are the
only people here who aren't Mexican; I take this as a good sign,"

We had wonderful chicken quesadillas with refried beans, a nice tomato-y
rice with julienned red bell and jalapeno peppers, topped with a dab of sour
cream and guac.

To heck with the weight of the waitstaff (they were all slender and running
around like crazy; walking at a brisk pace will work off the weight, believe
me). The number of Mexican patrons (and no, they weren't all family of the
proprieters) considered it good food, for being in the MidSouth. Our
tastebuds said it was very good :) We will go back.

Jill

Don and Wendy

May 10, 2003, 9:15:21 AM5/10/03
Henny Penny wrote:

>>That stand that one puts papers on is a lectern. A podium is
>>a raised platform that one stands on.
>
>A lectern and a podium are synonymous; both are a dais.
>

>Sheldon

You simply can't believe how many times 'Shell-shocked' digs deep into his
depleted memory banks, forgets to check his 'on-line dictionary' and makes
another fool of himself. He's obviously off the 'meds' again. Never been to
church Shelley and sat in front of the 'lectern'? It's the 'reading, singing
desk' from which your lessons are learned! Do try to keep up with the class
and please keep popping the pills!

Don

--
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Bill Reynolds

May 10, 2003, 1:31:05 PM5/10/03
On 10 May 2003 02:29:40 GMT, penm...@aol.como (PENMART01) wrote:

>I simply check the waitresses for distended nipples.

I thought they were smuggling peanuts. <VBG>

Slider2699

May 10, 2003, 5:14:37 PM5/10/03

"Lynn K." <sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca> wrote in message

No. It means you aren't being honest about your caloric consumption. Period.

Lynn K.

May 10, 2003, 8:55:05 PM5/10/03
I eat very little and
| gain weight. Does this mean that I would be a good waitress?

| No. It means you aren't being honest about your caloric consumption. Period.

You know absolutely nothing about me or my eating habits. If you did know anything, you
would not have made such a comment about me. You are the typical judgemental fool who
sees a heavier person and automatically "ass"es them and "ass"umes that they are
overeaters.

Ktsheehy3624

May 10, 2003, 9:06:54 PM5/10/03
"Lynn K." sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca wrote:

>I eat very little and gain weight. Does this mean that I would
>be a good waitress?

Read the original post. The premise is that fat waitstaff indicates
a good restaurant, not necessarily a good waiter, although there
is an implication that fat waiters are to be preferred over lean
waiters. Eating very little and gainng weight is not the question.
Eat a little, eat a lot or eat nothing.

So, are you fat?

CHU...@webtv.net

May 10, 2003, 11:30:04 PM5/10/03
Johnny wrote:
>I was taught to never trust a thin chef or
>thin restaurant manager/owner. I haven't
>witnessed too many fat, friendly
>waitresses. My experience has been that
>fat waitresses are always complaining
>about something.

You can't judge a cook by his blubber.

People who can't control their appetite and eat until they balloon
shouldn't be trusted as a source for any reliable information.

Only beautiful people (like me) should be seen as reliable sources.

Chubby folks don't have enough sense to realize the health danger that
there excess weight causes. How can they even understand the best
places to eat?

To me, a good restaurant also takes into consideration the health of
their patrons by serving lean, healthy food -- not food that will cause
a protuberance.

Please don't flame me - this is just a polite observation.

Lady Veteran

May 11, 2003, 12:18:17 AM5/11/03

Lady Veteran

May 11, 2003, 12:19:12 AM5/11/03

Greykits

May 11, 2003, 1:58:06 AM5/11/03
>CHU...@webtv.net wrote:
>
>>To me, a good restaurant also takes into consideration the health of
>>their patrons by serving lean, healthy food -- not food that will cause
>>a protuberance.
>
>A good restaurant serves food that its patrons like.
>
>--
>Craig

I suppose this chusma isn't very beautiful inside. Overweight people aren't
ugly or stupid or piggish, as far as I can tell. Many try for years to get
that weight off. Chusma must surely be a troll.

I don't know of many restaurants that solely serve lean, healthy food, even
vegetarian ones.. Usually, you have a choice when you order. You may want a
salad with the dressing on the side for your spouse to lap up, I don't know.
Most places want to please many tastes and diets.

Slider2699

May 11, 2003, 7:30:10 AM5/11/03

"Lynn K." <sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca> wrote in message
It is physically impossible to gain weight in a caloric deficit. Period. You
are obviously consuming more calories than your body needs. You don't see
any fat people in concentration camps. People don't gain weight on
"Survivor". You're eating more than you need, no matter what you want to
believe. Simple thermodynamics and mathematics, honey...

CHU...@webtv.net

May 11, 2003, 9:02:27 AM5/11/03
Greykits wrote:
>I suppose this chusma isn't very beautiful
>inside. Overweight people aren't ugly or
>stupid or piggish, as far as I can tell.
>Many try for years to get that weight off.

I never said that overweight people are stupid. I said that it is wrong
to assume that a person knows a lot about food quality because they have
abnormally large stomachs.

Please don't "suppose" about the nature and personality of others.
Treat others the way you expect to be treated.

Lady Veteran

May 11, 2003, 10:43:58 AM5/11/03

On Sun, 11 May 2003 15:17:57 +1000, Craig Welch
<cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 May 2003 23:19:12 -0500, Lady Veteran
><arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:
>
>>>The previous poster's comment were based, fairly I though, on what
>>>you wrote in your own post. Clearly your calorific intake is too
>>>high.
>>
>>Another assumption on your part.
>

>'Another' assumption? This was my first post in this thread. Do read
>carefully, there's a good girl.

>>Can you talk without spraying feces?
>

>So that is your contribution to the discussion? Such wit.

Well at least I have all of my wit, not half.

>Please read a good Internet FAQ for guidelines on lengths of
>signature files.

I will if you promise to read the FAQ for this group to learn what is
off charter....

As long as you can't read and comprehend and continue to post this
nonsense, I will take creative license with my sig file.

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
It's better to die on your feet than live on
your knees. - Delores Ibarruri
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
make them think - Socrates
The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
remailers. If you read something that looks
like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
a straight, honest and decent woman.

Lady Veteran

May 11, 2003, 10:46:24 AM5/11/03

Lynn K.

May 11, 2003, 12:02:42 PM5/11/03

"Slider2699" <lad...@dadeeda.com> callously and thoughtlessly wrote in message

| > You know absolutely nothing about me or my eating habits. If you did know
| anything, you
| > would not have made such a comment about me. You are the typical
| judgemental fool who
| > sees a heavier person and automatically "ass"es them and "ass"umes that
| they are
| > overeaters.
| >
| It is physically impossible to gain weight in a caloric deficit. Period. You
| are obviously consuming more calories than your body needs. You don't see
| any fat people in concentration camps. People don't gain weight on
| "Survivor". You're eating more than you need, no matter what you want to
| believe. Simple thermodynamics and mathematics, honey...

It is "physically" impossible, yes, but not medically. If you don't believe me check into
the side effects of these diseases and disorders, one or more of which I have.
FIBROMYALGIA
DIABETES
THYROID PROBLEMS
GLANDULAR PROBLEMS
These are all medically proven to cause obesity in people no matter how much or how
little they may eat. If I completely starve myself and eat only bread and water as in a
concentration camp, then I too could be as perfect as you...

st...@temple.edu

May 11, 2003, 1:56:16 PM5/11/03
In rec.food.cooking Lynn K. <sewfine...@spamlessshaw.ca> wrote:

> I, for one, think that's a ridiculous statement, or assumption to make!
> Some people just have a very fast metabolism and burn off the calories
> rather than turning them to fat. I am the opposite with an extremely slow

> metabolism. I eat very little and gain weight just thinking about food.

> Does this mean that I would be a good waitress?

I agree. In addition, a waitress in a very busy restaurant is going
to burn a lot of calories while she's busy carrying food between the
kitchen and her customers' tables. In my favorite pizza place, they
have a habit of hiring very attractive young college women and those
women run around like crazy from the kitchen to the rooms where
the customers dine, plus the restaurant is spread out over two floors
which means that the waitress who's stationed on the second floor
during her shift is going to have the additional burden of running
up and down the stairs many times during her shift, which burns a
hell of a lot of calories.

NR

May 11, 2003, 2:14:09 PM5/11/03

st...@temple.edu

May 11, 2003, 2:15:30 PM5/11/03
In rec.food.cooking stg-delfuego <djcamer...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The point your boyfriend makes is omewhat valid, with the possible
> exception c) their tips suck, or they have outrageous personal bills
> which prohibits them from having to pay for their food there.
> I think the only overweight person I would not want telling me what's
> in my best interest or helping me with a decision is a doctor or
> dietician.

I don't recall ever being treated by a doctor who was overweight,
but when I had to visit my dad in a hospital recently, I sure saw
quite a few overweight doctors and nurses there. The general
physician who I have been seeing every six months or so for the
past few years is in great shape and he jobs about five miles
a day when the weather is decent. That didn't prevent him from
needing heart bypass surgery last year.

st...@temple.edu

May 11, 2003, 2:18:16 PM5/11/03
CHU...@webtv.net wrote:

> To me, a good restaurant also takes into consideration the health of
> their patrons by serving lean, healthy food -- not food that will cause
> a protuberance.

Where do you live? I live in one of the largest metropolitan
areas in the United States. Other than few few vegetarian
restaurants (which do serve some very high fat dishes), I
don't recall ever seeing a restaurant that offers exclusively
health items on its menu. Quite a few restaurants offer some
healthy options such as some broiled fish dishes with steamed
vegetables, but all the restaurants I know of also have plenty
of high fat, high calorie dishes too.

Ann Sharp

May 11, 2003, 2:58:07 PM5/11/03

> > To me, a good restaurant also takes into consideration the health of
> > their patrons by serving lean, healthy food -- not food that will cause
> > a protuberance.
>
> Where do you live?

Restaurants learned long ago that when patrons walk in the door, the
restaurant experience they expect is a *treat* rather than a diet. Real
people tend to order menu items they don't eat three times a week at home.
Among the variety of dishes a restaurant offers there should be something
for the person on a medically restricted diet, or the chef is prepared to
make up something special on the spot. I also notice that the descriptions
of the simplest dishes are phrased so as to sound like a gourmet's
delight -- you've made me wonder if this isn't to make a patron feel less of
a culinary outsider ordering them.

Thanks for the thoughts,

Ann

Jim Ledford

May 11, 2003, 3:43:18 PM5/11/03
st...@temple.edu wrote:

> stg-delfuego wrote:

[....]

> > I think the only overweight person I would not want telling me what's
> > in my best interest or helping me with a decision is a doctor or
> > dietician.
>
> I don't recall ever being treated by a doctor who was overweight,
> but when I had to visit my dad in a hospital recently, I sure saw
> quite a few overweight doctors and nurses there. The general
> physician who I have been seeing every six months or so for the
> past few years is in great shape and he jobs about five miles
> a day when the weather is decent. That didn't prevent him from
> needing heart bypass surgery last year.

you do your BEST and then the dice stop spinning. you know,
you pretty much got what you got when chance stops at your door.

Nancy Young

May 11, 2003, 4:20:24 PM5/11/03

I know a couple of restaurants whose niche is serving healthy food.
If I went there, I would expect healthy food. Otherwise, if I go
to a 'regular' restaurant, I will decide for myself if I should
order something healthy as opposed to ? fattening or whatever.
I really don't need the restaurant to tell me no prime rib, steamed
vegetables for you!

nancy

Brigitte J.

May 11, 2003, 5:12:05 PM5/11/03

"Slider2699" <lad...@dadeeda.com> wrote in message

> "Lynn K." <sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca> wrote in message
> > I eat very little and
> > | gain weight. Does this mean that I would be a good waitress?
> > |
> > | No. It means you aren't being honest about your caloric consumption.
> Period.
> > |

> > You know absolutely nothing about me or my eating habits. If you did
know
> anything, you
> > would not have made such a comment about me. You are the typical
> judgemental fool who
> > sees a heavier person and automatically "ass"es them and "ass"umes that
> they are
> > overeaters.
> >
> It is physically impossible to gain weight in a caloric deficit. Period.

And you don't know what you're talking about. I work in a nursing home and
I care for elderly people who, in their final days eat nothing, but their
bodies retain water and they continue to gain weight with no caloric intake.
Yes, this isn't fat, but water weight gain. But what you said was
incorrect. Someone can gain weight while not taking in calories.

This is obviously not the situation with the person you are replying to,
that doesn't change the fact that you are incorrect.

Brigitte

Nancy Young

May 11, 2003, 5:32:09 PM5/11/03
"Brigitte J." wrote:

> I care for elderly people who, in their final days eat nothing, but their
> bodies retain water and they continue to gain weight with no caloric intake.
> Yes, this isn't fat, but water weight gain. But what you said was
> incorrect. Someone can gain weight while not taking in calories.
>
> This is obviously not the situation with the person you are replying to,
> that doesn't change the fact that you are incorrect.

Besides, it's been proven that some people burn more calories sitting
still than other people do moving around. Muscle burns more than
fat, also some people fidget and burn calories without even knowing
it. While I wouldn't qualify nervously tapping your foot as
exercise, it does add up. Metabolism does count for something.

Also, as you say, I try not to eat too many salty foods, makes my
ankles swell, perhaps there are other food choices that would make
you retain water, too. I don't believe it's as easy as people would
like to believe.

nancy

Nancy Young

May 11, 2003, 5:33:54 PM5/11/03

Whoops, sorry, I didn't notice this was cross-posted.

nancy

Slider2699

May 11, 2003, 6:30:29 PM5/11/03

"Brigitte J." <ba...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

And I could take a dead person and fill them with concrete, causing them to
gain weight. That's just as valid as your example. Let's get real here.
Anyone who claims they GAIN weight while in caloric deficit is a liar. I
don't care about near dead elderly people on IVs. We're concerned with
normal people here. The claim that "I think about food and gain weight" is a
ludicrous claim made by fat people who are either unaware of exactly how
much they eat, or are lying. Period. There has never been a case of a person
gaining weight on a hunger strike, I would imagine. Un-freaking-believable.

stg-delfuego

May 11, 2003, 6:53:51 PM5/11/03
st...@temple.edu wrote in message news:<b9m2s0$jqb$2...@cronkite.temple.edu>...

I agree, talk about a stairmaster routine. I'm sure glad my fatass
isn't doing that.

stg-delfuego

May 11, 2003, 6:56:53 PM5/11/03
"Dave Brower" <daveb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<b9i343$jgeed$1...@ID-189204.news.dfncis.de>...
> "Im Laughing" <Ha...@attbi.com> wrote in message
> > Your husband's nuts and if you believe him...so are you.
>
> What does her husband's nuts have to do with it? Or did you mean *her
> husband IS nuts*?

> > "ZaftigGoddessAnita" <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> wrote in
> > message news:8M3VFEIF37750.4052314815@Gilgamesh-frog.org...
> > > My husband told me something when we first began dating that I've
> thought
> > > about a lot lately, esp. since I went to a restaurant recently where all
> > > the waitstaff seem to be really small and tiny.
> > > My husband told me he sometimes judges a new restaurant by whether the
> > > waitresses are fat or skinny. He said skinny waitresses give him the
> > > feeling that the food there mnust not be too good. He said fat
> waitresses
> > > (esp if they are very friendly and outgoing) give him the feeling that
> a)
> > > the food must be good, and b) he is being welcomed to eat there and is
> made
> > > to feel at home.
> > >
> > > I dunno, although he does believe in fat acceptance, he tends to be a
> bit
> > > of an FA (fat admirer) and I think he associates fat ppl with food (like
> > > most ppl do.)
> > >
> > > What do you think? Is this a valid assumption to make?

Maybe the sunumbitch wanted to bust his nut on the waitress, lookin
all plump and stuff.

PENMART01

May 11, 2003, 9:50:25 PM5/11/03
>And I could take a dead person and fill them with concrete, causing them to
>gain weight. That's just as valid as your example. Let's get real here.
>Anyone who claims they GAIN weight while in caloric deficit is a liar. I
>don't care about near dead elderly people on IVs. We're concerned with
>normal people here. The claim that "I think about food and gain weight" is a
>ludicrous claim made by fat people who are either unaware of exactly how
>much they eat, or are lying. Period. There has never been a case of a person
>gaining weight on a hunger strike, I would imagine. Un-freaking-believable.

"Slider2699" lad...@dadeeda.com CROSS POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING NEWSGROUPS:
soc.support.fat-acceptance, misc.consumers, soc.singles, rec.food.cooking,
alt.support.diet

You might be endowed with a modicum more credibility had you not CROSSPOSTED
all over the friggin' place, you dumb NEWBIE douche bag.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Brigitte J.

May 11, 2003, 9:57:24 PM5/11/03

"Slider2699" <lad...@dadeeda.com> wrote in message

No one ever said there had been.

How can you compare a corpse to a living person? You said, "It is

physically impossible to gain weight in a caloric deficit. Period."

And that statement isn't true. As I proved in my earlier example. It is a
reality that I see very often. Just because you didn't know it was true,
doesn't mean that it isn't.

How can you compare a corpse to a living person? You just didn't like
getting caught not knowing what you were talking about.

Brigitte

Brigitte

Lady Veteran

May 11, 2003, 11:15:03 PM5/11/03

On Mon, 12 May 2003 09:22:56 +1000, Craig Welch
<cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>>>So that is your contribution to the discussion? Such wit.
>>
>>Well at least I have all of my wit, not half.
>

>I guess throwing little lines like that around is easier for you
>than to actually address the content of my post?

>>>Please read a good Internet FAQ for guidelines on lengths of
>>>signature files.
>>
>>I will if you promise to read the FAQ for this group to learn what
>>is off charter....
>

>The most stupid statement I've read this week. *You* posted to 5
>group, viz.:
>
>soc.support.fat-acceptance, misc.consumers, soc.singles,
>rec.food.cooking, alt.support.diet.
>
>Which of those is *this group*?

>>As long as you can't read and comprehend and continue to post this
>>nonsense, I will take creative license with my sig file.
>

>A real playground attitude.
>
>Which of my posts was 'nonsense'?

You know exactly which group to which I am referring. Quit
broadcasting your stupidity. soc.support fat-acceptance.

The other groups were added by the idiots. I just did not remove any.
Who am I to discourage their stupidity???

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
It's better to die on your feet than live on
your knees. - Delores Ibarruri
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
make them think - Socrates
The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
remailers. If you read something that looks
like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
a straight, honest and decent woman.

Lady Veteran

May 11, 2003, 11:16:54 PM5/11/03

Greykits

May 12, 2003, 12:02:03 AM5/12/03
Ah, so that's what you said. We can't assume anything about anyone due to the
size of their bodily organs, truly. If you have a large brain, you may still
be stupid.
It is wrong to think that people with large brains must be smart.

Thank you for your kind advice. I shall follow it and treat you accordingly.

a fat person in a thin person's body

Jim Ledford

May 12, 2003, 5:45:59 AM5/12/03
st...@temple.edu wrote:

> Lynn K.wrote:

what you wrote reminded me of when I worked in the service area of
a fancy restaurant that had three floors. the kitchen was in the
basement and the bar was upstairs with the service area on the first
floor.

they had this thing called a dumb waiter, which is actually a cute little
miniature elevator that ran between all the different floors. it was
funny to me how someone told me back then, meals will come up and drinks
will come down. they had just finished telling me the bar was upstairs
and the kitchen was in the basement. this was on my first day of my
new part time job with me being a smartass high school kid at the
time, I still don't exactly know how I was able to reframe from asking
if anyone had ever let a meal ride to the top and then back down, just
to be different.

I remember that job as being fun because on most nights the
manager would sign off on all of us having free food after
closing during clean up. free food can create some good
memories.

I also learned that good waiters and waitress are not in one
spot very long. the good ones, while they are at work they
are on the go.

Miche

May 12, 2003, 6:32:10 AM5/12/03
In article <22397-3EB...@storefull-2291.public.lawson.webtv.net>,
CHU...@webtv.net wrote:

> Please don't flame me - this is just a polite observation.

Yeah, just like your "polite observation" about college students on
alt.callahans.

It don't fly, troll.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Dr Chaos

May 12, 2003, 4:52:24 PM5/12/03
Lynn K. <sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca> wrote:
> I eat very little and
>| gain weight. Does this mean that I would be a good waitress?
>|
>| No. It means you aren't being honest about your caloric consumption. Period.
>|

> You know absolutely nothing about me or my eating habits.
> If you did know anything, you
> would not have made such a comment about me. You are the typical judgemental fool who
> sees a heavier person and automatically "ass"es them and "ass"umes that they are
> overeaters.

There is no possible way consistent with the laws of physics to
get fat without overeating.

somebody may not think their eating is "over", but if they gain
too much weight then it is.

Elana

May 9, 2003, 11:12:23 AM5/9/03
ZaftigGoddessAnita <venusofw...@largeandluscious.com> wrote:

> What do you think? Is this a valid assumption to make?

First, I think you missed a couple of ng to crosspost to.

Second, have you or your husband ever been a waitress/waiter? No? It
takes a large amount of energy, and I have to say that when I was a
server (and when I worked at Universal Studios Hollywood) I was on my
feet all day and in the best shape of my life. I could eat what I
wanted and it wouldn't stay on me.

My .02

Gregory Morrow

May 12, 2003, 7:35:40 PM5/12/03

Lady Veteran wrote:

> As long as you can't read and comprehend and continue to post this
> nonsense, I will take creative license with my sig file.

It's rude to have a sig. file that is over four lines long.

--
Best
Greg

Slider2699

May 12, 2003, 7:45:34 PM5/12/03

"Brigitte J." <ba...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
You are talking about near dead elderly people, likely on IVs, who retain
massive amounts of water, due to their kidneys shutting down. Your example
is not valid. When YOU know what you're talking about, or are able to
contribute to the thread with an example which is in context, please do.
Unreal.

Lady Veteran

May 12, 2003, 10:52:19 PM5/12/03

Slider2699

May 13, 2003, 5:49:44 PM5/13/03

"Steve Chaney, aka Mister Gunnykins ®" <gunh...@vegetus.pacbell.net> wrote
in message news:3ec343ec...@news.sf.sbcglobal.net...
> He is also leaving out the fact that when a person reduces calorie
> consumption, their metabolism drops, fat storage becomes a lot more
> efficient, and they wind up burning a lower percentage of what they eat.
>
> "Laziness - another sign of hunger." isn't just a snicker's commercial,
> it's biologically accurate.

To a point. But people who are in caloric deficit(burning MORE calories than
they intake) will lose weight. If it means one has to do cardiovascular
exercise and strength training to achieve this deficit, then that is what is
necessary. Someone who is totally sedentary and forces his/her body into
starvation mode may, indeed, maintain current weight. Someone who is burning
more calories than consumed will not. Period. End of discussion, Steve.

Admiral Amereker

May 13, 2003, 6:01:45 PM5/13/03
On Tue, 13 May 2003 19:12:34 +0000, Steve Chaney, aka Mister Gunnykins Ž
wrote:

>>And you don't know what you're talking about. I work in a nursing home and
>>I care for elderly people who, in their final days eat nothing, but their
>>bodies retain water and they continue to gain weight with no caloric intake.
>>Yes, this isn't fat, but water weight gain. But what you said was
>>incorrect. Someone can gain weight while not taking in calories.
>>
>>This is obviously not the situation with the person you are replying to,
>>that doesn't change the fact that you are incorrect.
>

> He is also leaving out the fact that when a person reduces calorie
> consumption, their metabolism drops, fat storage becomes a lot more
> efficient, and they wind up burning a lower percentage of what they eat.

Size 38, it is quite obvious that you don't know anything about reducing
calorie consumption. Therefore, it is time for you to Remove Yourself From
This Here Thread.

HTH

ps size 38 stretchpants, you're GARBAGE.

Sally

May 14, 2003, 3:14:47 AM5/14/03
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:

>It is rude of you to post off charter messages to a group...
>
>LV

What does this recent message of yours have to do with fat acceptance?

From: Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com>
Newsgroups: soc.support.fat-acceptance,soc.singles,soc.penpals
Subject: Phony Veterans-A POX on the Community
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:01:24 -0500

Apparently you are incapable of following your own rules.

Lady Veteran

May 14, 2003, 9:55:08 AM5/14/03

Terry Pulliam

May 14, 2003, 12:52:27 PM5/14/03
On Wed, 14 May 2003 08:55:08 -0500, Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com>
wrote:

>On 14 May 2003 09:14:47 +0200, Sally <Sa...@myob.com> wrote:

>>Apparently you are incapable of following your own rules.
>>

>Pointing out that messages are off-charter is not violating the rules.
>
>So why are you interested in posting off charter messages? Are
>you a fool or an idiot or both?

This is why it is considered very poor Netiquette to cross-post. Look
at all the ngs that are getting this post when the original thread was
in rec.food.cooking. Period.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam...reluctantly cross-posting
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove "spambot"

Bob Ward

May 14, 2003, 12:59:26 PM5/14/03
wrote:

>Pointing out that messages are off-charter is not violating the rules.

>So why are you interested in posting off charter messages? Are
>you a fool or an idiot or both?

Why are off-topic messages (which is debateable, depending on the
group in which it is found) more offensive than gargantuan sig files,
which are subject to the same customs across all of usenet?

Sycamore'sLady

May 14, 2003, 8:43:35 PM5/14/03

Ktsheehy3624 wrote:

> "Lynn K." sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca wrote:
>
> >I eat very little and gain weight. Does this mean that I would
> >be a good waitress?
>

> Read the original post. The premise is that fat waitstaff indicates
> a good restaurant, not necessarily a good waiter, although there
> is an implication that fat waiters are to be preferred over lean
> waiters.

Which puzzles me for someone to think, considering that many restaurants
don't have enough room for heavier waitstaff. Sometimes, it's just
enough to get around a place getting to the bathroom, never mind being a
waiter/waitress.

I think the same applies for airline stewardesses (sp??).

--
~Prayer of Jabez~
http://www.prayerofjabez.com

Sycamore'sLady

May 14, 2003, 9:06:10 PM5/14/03

Craig Welch wrote:

> On Sun, 11 May 2003 16:02:42 GMT, "Lynn K."
> <sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca> wrote:
>
> >It is "physically" impossible, yes, but not medically. If you don't believe me check into
> >the side effects of these diseases and disorders, one or more of which I have.
>
> You don't know how many of those diseases you have? See a doctor.
>
> >FIBROMYALGIA
> >DIABETES
> >THYROID PROBLEMS
> >GLANDULAR PROBLEMS
> >These are all medically proven to cause obesity in people no matter how much or how
> >little they may eat.
>
> No they're not.

As far as the Diabetes goes, it's more like the obesity can bring on
diabetes (and speed up the symptoms if it's genetically predisposed,
like in my situation..[type 2]). I have heard of Thyroid problems
causing weight gain, so it COULD be possible.

Sycamore'sLady

May 14, 2003, 9:08:54 PM5/14/03

"Steve Chaney, aka Mister Gunnykins Ž" wrote:

> On Sun, 11 May 2003 21:12:05 GMT, "Brigitte J." <ba...@rocketmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Slider2699" <lad...@dadeeda.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Lynn K." <sewfine...@SPAMLESSshaw.ca> wrote in message

> >> Period.

> >know
> >> anything, you
> >> judgemental fool who
> >> they are
> >> >
> >> It is physically impossible to gain weight in a caloric deficit. Period.
> >

> >And you don't know what you're talking about. I work in a nursing home and
> >I care for elderly people who, in their final days eat nothing, but their
> >bodies retain water and they continue to gain weight with no caloric intake.
> >Yes, this isn't fat, but water weight gain. But what you said was
> >incorrect. Someone can gain weight while not taking in calories.
> >
> >This is obviously not the situation with the person you are replying to,
> >that doesn't change the fact that you are incorrect.
>
> He is also leaving out the fact that when a person reduces calorie
> consumption, their metabolism drops, fat storage becomes a lot more
> efficient, and they wind up burning a lower percentage of what they eat.
>

> "Laziness - another sign of hunger." isn't just a snicker's commercial,
> it's biologically accurate.

Exactly. That's why they say to not starve yourself if you want to lose
weight.

Lady Veteran

May 14, 2003, 10:27:21 PM5/14/03

Lady Veteran

May 14, 2003, 10:29:16 PM5/14/03

On Thu, 15 May 2003 10:15:24 +1000, Craig Welch
<cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 May 2003 08:55:08 -0500, Lady Veteran
><arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:
>

>>Pointing out that messages are off-charter is not violating the
>>rules.
>

>Which 'rules' would they be?

>>So why are you interested in posting off charter messages? Are
>>you a fool or an idiot or both?
>

>Why do you have a sig that violates guidelines?

Why are you so tied into how I write as opposed to what and why I
write?

Answer that question. I believe the post I just wrote in this threat
answers your question.

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
It's better to die on your feet than live on
your knees. - Delores Ibarruri
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
make them think - Socrates
The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
remailers. If you read something that looks
like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
a straight, honest and decent woman.

The Real Bev

May 14, 2003, 10:50:50 PM5/14/03
Lady Veteran wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2003 10:15:24 +1000, Craig Welch
> <cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 14 May 2003 08:55:08 -0500, Lady Veteran
> ><arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Pointing out that messages are off-charter is not violating the
> >>rules.
> >
> >Which 'rules' would they be?
> >
> >>So why are you interested in posting off charter messages? Are
> >>you a fool or an idiot or both?
> >
> >Why do you have a sig that violates guidelines?
>
> Why are you so tied into how I write as opposed to what and why I
> write?

I don't actually give a shit what you write, but I have to wonder why you
think that the misc.consumers people are interested. No, "consumers" does
not mean "we consume fat people."

--
Cheers,
Bev

Sally

May 15, 2003, 2:54:35 AM5/15/03
On Wed, 14 May 2003, Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:

>On 14 May 2003 09:14:47 +0200, Sally <Sa...@myob.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 12 May 2003, Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>It is rude of you to post off charter messages to a group...
>>>
>>>LV
>>
>>What does this recent message of yours have to do with fat
>>acceptance?
>>
>>From: Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com>
>>Newsgroups: soc.support.fat-acceptance,soc.singles,soc.penpals
>>Subject: Phony Veterans-A POX on the Community
>>Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:01:24 -0500
>>
>>Apparently you are incapable of following your own rules.
>>

>Pointing out that messages are off-charter is not violating the rules.

That's not what your message titled "Phony Veterans-A POX on the Community"
was about. It was off topic in ssfa, correct?

>So why are you interested in posting off charter messages?

Why are you calling people out on it when you post off topic messages
yourself? I am simply calling you out on your hypocrisy.

>Are
>you a fool or an idiot or both?

Why don't you explain how your message with the subject "Phony Veterans-A
POX on the Community" was on topic for ssfa?

Rich Greenberg

May 15, 2003, 8:23:59 AM5/15/03
In article <7hu5cv8iatfp78fqs...@4ax.com>,
Lady Veteran <arm...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Well, I will tell you what I tell everybody else who wants to know. I
>have cyberstalkers who have stalked me in my real life. My crime is
>daring to say that it is unacceptable to ridicule fat people. You
>help me put the bastards away and make them accountable in REAL life
>and I will shorten my sig file.

Much simpler to just put you in my killfile.

PLONK!

--
Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507

Lady Veteran

May 15, 2003, 9:29:39 AM5/15/03

On Wed, 14 May 2003 19:50:50 -0700, The Real Bev
<bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>Lady Veteran wrote:

>> On Thu, 15 May 2003 10:15:24 +1000, Craig Welch
>> <cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>> >Which 'rules' would they be?

>> >Why do you have a sig that violates guidelines?
>>
>> Why are you so tied into how I write as opposed to what and why I
>> write?
>
>I don't actually give a shit what you write, but I have to wonder
>why you think that the misc.consumers people are interested. No,
>"consumers" does not mean "we consume fat people."

LOL!! I am very gratified to hear that....Ask the idiot who started
the crosspost...he is the one you should go after.....I didn't start
it but I am not going to stop the battle just because an idiot made
you angry...feel free to put us all in your kill file. I don't
mind-really.

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
It's better to die on your feet than live on
your knees. - Delores Ibarruri
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
make them think - Socrates
The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
remailers. If you read something that looks
like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
a straight, honest and decent woman.

Lady Veteran

May 15, 2003, 9:35:15 AM5/15/03

On 15 May 2003 08:54:35 +0200, Sally <Sa...@myob.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 May 2003, Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:

>>>What does this recent message of yours have to do with fat
>>>acceptance?
>>>
>>>From: Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com>
>>>Newsgroups: soc.support.fat-acceptance,soc.singles,soc.penpals
>>>Subject: Phony Veterans-A POX on the Community
>>>Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:01:24 -0500
>>>
>>>Apparently you are incapable of following your own rules.
>>>

>>Pointing out that messages are off-charter is not violating the
>>rules.
>
>That's not what your message titled "Phony Veterans-A POX on the
>Community" was about. It was off topic in ssfa, correct?
>

>>So why are you interested in posting off charter messages?
>
>Why are you calling people out on it when you post off topic
>messages yourself? I am simply calling you out on your hypocrisy.

I never said I didn't. Not once...Just so you know, that particular
message is not off topic in the fight against a particular idiot who
claims to have lost a leg in Vietnam and has been seen in real life
with two perfectly good legs as the type God designed for him. You
don't know all the facts so you really have no right to call anyone
anything, least of all me...

Now, you were saying?.

>>Are
>>you a fool or an idiot or both?
>
>Why don't you explain how your message with the subject "Phony
>Veterans-A POX on the Community" was on topic for ssfa?

See above. I am one of the group's defender against idiots who seem
to think that fat people have no right to exist. If you don't like my
methods, fine. Kill file me.

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
It's better to die on your feet than live on
your knees. - Delores Ibarruri
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
make them think - Socrates
The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
remailers. If you read something that looks
like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
a straight, honest and decent woman.

Tenzo

May 15, 2003, 7:38:29 PM5/15/03

"Lady Veteran" <arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 12 May 2003 23:35:40 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
> <gregoryDOT...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

> >Lady Veteran wrote:
> >
> >> As long as you can't read and comprehend and continue to post this
> >> nonsense, I will take creative license with my sig file.
> >

> >It's rude to have a sig. file that is over four lines long.
>

> It is rude of you to post off charter messages to a group...
>
> LV

It's rude of you to be a bossy bitch

Lady Veteran

May 15, 2003, 11:10:17 PM5/15/03

Lady Veteran

May 15, 2003, 11:11:14 PM5/15/03

Johnny_B

May 16, 2003, 12:22:54 AM5/16/03
In 6ll8cvgqldch6k4u2...@4ax.com,
Lady Veteran <arm...@jeepweb.com> typed:

> On Thu, 15 May 2003 18:38:29 -0500, "Tenzo" <tenz...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "Lady Veteran" <arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote in message

>>> It is rude of you to post off charter messages to a group...
>>>
>>> LV
>>>
>> It's rude of you to be a bossy bitch
>>
> It is rude of you to call people names without knowing the FACTS.

If the FACTS about you were better known, the name calling would increase ten
fold.

> LV

[idiotic sig removed]

--
Johnny_B
"If I was on a lifeboat with a friendly loyal dog and Steve Chaney,

Sally

May 16, 2003, 1:38:51 AM5/16/03

What does the posting of an online article about "Phony Veterans" have to
do with soc.support.fat-acceptance, soc.singles, and soc.penpals? Is the
person in question specifically mentioned in the article?

> You
>don't know all the facts so you really have no right to call anyone
>anything, least of all me...
>
>Now, you were saying?.

So what you are saying is that it's OK to post off topic messages as long
as you have a personal vendetta against another poster?

Lady Veteran

May 16, 2003, 9:16:08 AM5/16/03

Lady Veteran

May 16, 2003, 10:32:42 PM5/16/03

The Real Bev

May 16, 2003, 11:40:09 PM5/16/03
Lady Veteran wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 2003 02:56:28 +1000, Craig Welch
> <cr...@pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 16 May 2003 08:16:08 -0500, Lady Veteran
> ><arm...@jeepweb.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Please read my other post in this thread. I am not going to keep
> >>explaining myself. If you don't like my posting, there are kill
> >>files you can use.
> >
> >106 lines posted just to say that. For goodness' sake, learn how to
> >post properly.
>
> I am not going to stop doing what I do. You may as well get used to
> it...since you insist on nagging like a little old lady I am going to
> put you in my fool's file.
>
> gumbye...

I don't suppose you could put misc.consumers in your killfile too, could
you? While I'm sure you have a good reason for inflicting yourselves on
people who have no interest at all in your weight problems or lack
thereof, I can't think of a single one myself.

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev

May 17, 2003, 12:26:23 AM5/17/03
miguel wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote:

> >Lady Veteran wrote:
>
> >> I am not going to stop doing what I do. You may as well get used to
> >> it...since you insist on nagging like a little old lady I am going to
> >> put you in my fool's file.
>
> >> gumbye...
>
> >I don't suppose you could put misc.consumers in your killfile too, could
> >you? While I'm sure you have a good reason for inflicting yourselves on
> >people who have no interest at all in your weight problems or lack
> >thereof, I can't think of a single one myself.
>
> THere's no arguing with her. The best you can hope for is
> to contain her by feeding her.
>
> http://www.pat-acceptance.org/bobbi.html

So do it, but don't expect us to help.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Lady Veteran

May 17, 2003, 2:10:31 PM5/17/03

On Fri, 16 May 2003 21:26:23 -0700, The Real Bev
<bas...@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>miguel wrote:
>>
>> The Real Bev wrote:

>> >I don't suppose you could put misc.consumers in your killfile
>> >too, could you? While I'm sure you have a good reason for
>> >inflicting yourselves on people who have no interest at all in
>> >your weight problems or lack thereof, I can't think of a single
>> >one myself.
>>
>> THere's no arguing with her. The best you can hope for is
>> to contain her by feeding her.
>>
>> http://www.pat-acceptance.org/bobbi.html
>
>So do it, but don't expect us to help.

Throw away your law degree shyster-you are useless.

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
It's better to die on your feet than live on
your knees. - Delores Ibarruri
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
make them think - Socrates
The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
remailers. If you read something that looks
like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
a straight, honest and decent woman.

Lady Veteran

May 17, 2003, 8:33:28 PM5/17/03

Lady Veteran

May 18, 2003, 12:13:42 AM5/18/03

On Sun, 18 May 2003 12:07:13 +1000, cr...@singmail.com wrote:

>>>I understand. You're like the dinner guest who tells inappropriate
>>>jokes, or the squash player who farts on court. You're rude, and
>>>you're proud of it.
>>
>>And you morphed out of my kill file. Now who is being rude.
>

>What, I have some responsibility to post in a way that you can't see
>me? Get real.
>
>Tell us again why you won't follow guidelines on signatures? That
>you just want to annoy people because you can?

Well, buddy boy, if you want to continue to have conversations with
yourself, you just keep it up...

I choose my battles and you just aint worth it.

I annoy you because I can and that is your chosen reaction.

gumbye...

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
It's better to die on your feet than live on
your knees. - Delores Ibarruri
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
make them think - Socrates
The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
remailers. If you read something that looks
like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
a straight, honest and decent woman.

Eel

May 18, 2003, 2:39:12 AM5/18/03
lee-bee-ass-hole, why do you crosspost everything?

lee-b-fun-ke wrote:
> Lady Veteran wrote:
>> cr...@singmail.com wrote:

>>> What, I have some responsibility to post in a way that you can't see
>>> me? Get real.
>>>
>>> Tell us again why you won't follow guidelines on signatures? That
>>> you just want to annoy people because you can?
>>

>> Well, buddy boy, if you want to continue to have conversations with
>> yourself, you just keep it up...
>>
>> I choose my battles and you just aint worth it.
>

> Me thinks Craig is just too hard an opponent for you ;)
> You like to pick the easy targets, right ? ..

>> I annoy you because I can and that is your chosen reaction.
>>
>> gumbye...
>>

>> LV
>>
>> Lady Veteran
>

> <snip ugly and unnecessarily long sig >

>> - --------------------------------------------
>> The real Lady Veteran does not use anonymous
>> remailers. If you read something that looks
>> like it is from Lady Veteran and the originator
>> is an anonymous remailer-it is a FORGERY by
>> certain diseases called trolls. The REAL Lady
>> Veteran has nothing to hide and is not ashamed
>> to stand up and be counted for her beliefs as
>> a straight, honest and decent woman.
>> - -----------------------------------------------
>

> LOL !

Brian Swain

May 19, 2003, 4:16:33 AM5/19/03
On 9 May 2003 02:13:18 -0700, Crash Street Kidd
<CrashSt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In article <8M3VFEIF37750.4052314815@Gilgamesh-frog.org>, ZaftigGoddessAnita
>says...
>>
>>My husband told me something when we first began dating that I've thought
>>about a lot lately, esp. since I went to a restaurant recently where all
>>the waitstaff seem to be really small and tiny.
>>My husband told me he sometimes judges a new restaurant by whether the
>>waitresses are fat or skinny. He said skinny waitresses give him the
>>feeling that the food there mnust not be too good.
>
>If its a new restaurant why would the waitresses
>have had time to pack on the pounds?
>
>> He said fat waitresses
>>(esp if they are very friendly and outgoing) give him the feeling that a)
>>the food must be good, and b) he is being welcomed to eat there and is made
>>to feel at home.
>>
>>I dunno, although he does believe in fat acceptance, he tends to be a bit
>>of an FA (fat admirer) and I think he associates fat ppl with food (like
>>most ppl do.)
>>
>>What do you think? Is this a valid assumption to make?
>
>I would suggest he taste the food before deciding
>whether the restaurant's food was good or not. Waitresses
>are there to serve the food and not eat it.
>
>Crash Street Kidd

I have always seen thinner waitresses as a sign of a restaurant which
relies highly on looks, and are more contemporary. Heavy set
waitresses I usually see in smaller restaurants, diners, etc., and/or
small towns that serve more home-cooked type of feel food than
contemporary brand new innovative recipies. But that's just how I
have always viewed it. If you want to give off the innovative look,
get the skinny girls who are in style. If you want the down-home
cookin meal, get the heavy set ladies that say all that "darlin" and
"sweety" and "honey" and stuff that give you a sense of a time gone
past and reliving that. If that makes sense, lol

Brian