area the childred out of school ?

ImStillMags

Oct 5, 2017, 11:21:09 AM10/5/17
why is it that we get waves of trolls here at times. don't you people have anything better to do than spread your idiocy on a cooking board?

penm...@aol.com

Oct 5, 2017, 11:41:18 AM10/5/17
RFC is not a cooking group anymore. It's perhaps 2% somewhat about
cooking but nothing specific or even useful. RFC is now all about
politics and personal machinations. The real reason for the influx of
nasty trolls is because the regulars here reply to them... of course
there are not many regulars here who are not trolls themselves. I
don't post much anymore because I've given up posting on topic.

Cheri

Oct 5, 2017, 12:51:17 PM10/5/17
<penm...@aol.com> wrote in message

> RFC is not a cooking group anymore. It's perhaps 2% somewhat about
> cooking but nothing specific or even useful. RFC is now all about
> politics and personal machinations. The real reason for the influx of
> nasty trolls is because the regulars here reply to them... of course
> there are not many regulars here who are not trolls themselves. I
> don't post much anymore because I've given up posting on topic.

Oh the irony!

Cheri

Gary

Oct 5, 2017, 12:54:42 PM10/5/17
LOL! Good one, Cheri. ;)

Casa lo pensa

Oct 5, 2017, 1:17:20 PM10/5/17
On 10/5/2017 9:41 AM, penm...@aol.com wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>> why is it that we get waves of trolls here at times.
>> don't you people have anything better to do than
>> spread your idiocy on a cooking board?
>
> RFC is not a cooking group anymore. It's perhaps 2% somewhat about
> cooking but nothing specific or even useful.

Factual.

> RFC is now all about
> politics and personal machinations.

Sadly, yes.

> The real reason for the influx of
> nasty trolls is because the regulars here reply to them... of course
> there are not many regulars here who are not trolls themselves. I
> don't post much anymore because I've given up posting on topic.

Please do not - your pics, land stewardship and arborism are welcome and
insightful reads.

Think of yourself as akin to the Catskills' Rodale.

Bruce

Oct 5, 2017, 2:34:35 PM10/5/17
You post your regular offensive drunken rants. But you don't remember
that.

Bruce

Oct 5, 2017, 2:48:22 PM10/5/17
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:30:26 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:
>Casa Boner invited them.
>
>Speaking of nuts, I haven't had Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts for
>probably 20 years. I forgot they were pretty good (and now advertised
>as "good for you" <shrug>). A big 34.5oz jug was only $4.50 (after
>$1.50 coupon).

Ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: PEANUTS, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SEA SALT, SPICES
(CONTAINS CELERY), DRIED ONION, DRIED GARLIC, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR,
SUGAR, GELATIN, TORULA YEAST, CORNSTARCH, DRIED CORN SYRUP,
MALTODEXTRIN.

What's wrong with just peanuts? No, even peanuts have to be turned
into a science project.

jmcquown

Oct 5, 2017, 4:20:23 PM10/5/17
On 10/5/2017 11:21 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> why is it that we get waves of trolls here at times. don't you people have anything better to do than spread your idiocy on a cooking board?

Back when I used to ask this question a couple of decades ago a former
poster (Blake, he's dead) would chime up and say, "Now Jill will ask if
school is out." But it's a true trend. In terms of RFC, historically
speaking, trolls seem to crawl out from under the bridge when school is
not in session. This is when the killfile comes in handy. :)

Jill

Bruce

Oct 5, 2017, 6:37:25 PM10/5/17
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 17:31:17 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:
>Except for the past 15+ years school-aged kids and young adults have
>24/7 access to the internet. If not at home, then on their cell
>phones. And in the last 10+ years there are much better and more
>trafficked avenues for trolling such as reddit, Yelp, and Facebook.
>
>No, the trolls are usenet are much grungier, older people. It no
>longer has anything to do with school.

Yes, of course. There's only one troll here at the moment and he's
more granddad material than of school age. But as long as Jill has fun
with her killfile and related theories, it's all good.

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 7:50:54 PM10/5/17
penm...@aol.com wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Some of still post recipes. I posted one last week and I think one
earlier this week. No comments.

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 7:53:52 PM10/5/17
Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Pretty much natural stuff and spices.

Bruce

Oct 5, 2017, 7:56:48 PM10/5/17
What do you have to do if you want to buy peanuts, just peanuts? Raid
a peanut farm? Kidnap a peanut farmer?

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 8:08:49 PM10/5/17
l not -l wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 5-Oct-2017, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 08:21:05 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:
> >
> > Casa Boner invited them.
> >
> > Speaking of nuts, I haven't had Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts
> > for
> > probably 20 years. I forgot they were pretty good (and now
> > advertised
> > as "good for you" <shrug>). A big 34.5oz jug was only $4.50
> > (after
> > $1.50 coupon).
> >
> > -sw
> They were a staple in my home for years, until I discovered
> Blistered Peanuts at Trader Joe's. They are tasty and very
> crunchy. Because they are fried, they are not as "good for you",
> but nuts, in general, are good sources of protein, fiber and good
> (at least until the next research findings) fat.

With you but our favorite is pretty old time.

Add peanuts in the shell to 1/2 the way up the crockpot.
Reduced sodium verion

1/3 cup soy sauce
2 ts chile powder blend (medium level)
1-2 TB salt
Water to where you can put the lid on and it doesnt gush out.

Set to low or medium and go away for a day.

Full on salt boiled peanuts can use a 1/2 cup or more salt. In this
version the soy will penetrate better but leave less actual sodium
consumed. The chile powder replaces the salt desire nicely.

The full on version is about 1,000 mg sodium for 1 cup. This reduced
version still isnt low but is about 450 mg for 1 cup. Both cups
measured as shell on.

Bruce

Oct 5, 2017, 8:59:31 PM10/5/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 00:36:11 GMT, "l not -l" <lal...@cujo.com> wrote:
>Bless your heart. Order raw peanuts from nutstop.com. Or, if
>you don't mind a little residual oil with your peanuts, you can
>go to Trader Joe's for roasted Unsalted Blistered Peanuts. If
>you won't have a coronary over it, you could get TJ's regular
>Blistered Peanuts which have residual oil from roasting and salt.
> I'm sure that if one would expend their effort looking, versus
>complaining, they'd find many other sources.
>
>Have a blessed day.

My main point is that this is another food industry science project.
And don't think "natural flavor" is natural. If it was, they'd tell
you what it is.

May your day be equally blessed.

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 9:16:35 PM10/5/17
REad on for how to cook them. Unlike you, I post how to cook with
recipes.

jmcquown

Oct 5, 2017, 9:17:18 PM10/5/17
I post about food and cooking all the time.

Jill

Bruce

Oct 5, 2017, 9:26:25 PM10/5/17
When I cook, I stir-fry. Y'all don't need a recipe for that. I'm more
interested in ingredients (food items, that is) than in recipes. To
each their own, you know.

jmcquown

Oct 5, 2017, 9:26:36 PM10/5/17
On 10/5/2017 7:53 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> Ingredients:
>>
>> INGREDIENTS: PEANUTS, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SEA SALT, SPICES
>> (CONTAINS CELERY), DRIED ONION, DRIED GARLIC, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR,
>> SUGAR, GELATIN, TORULA YEAST, CORNSTARCH, DRIED CORN SYRUP,
>> MALTODEXTRIN.
>>
>> What's wrong with just peanuts? No, even peanuts have to be turned
>> into a science project.
>
> Pretty much natural stuff and spices.

The peanut butter I eat contains ground peanuts and a little salt.
nothing else. Bruce is horrified people might eat something on some bad
for you list. I have no idea why. I like dry roasted peanuts but I
don't have the capability to make them at home. So occasionally I buy a
jar of them. It's not going to kill me to occasionally snack on dry
roasted peanuts.

Jill

jmcquown

Oct 5, 2017, 9:29:21 PM10/5/17
Peanut soup is a good idea. I seem to recall posting a recipe for that
once upon a time. Or was that Pecan soup? Either way, Bruce doesn't
cook, he just complains about the food the rest of us cook and eat.

Jill

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 9:32:12 PM10/5/17
l not -l wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 5-Oct-2017, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> Bless your heart. Order raw peanuts from nutstop.com. Or, if
> you don't mind a little residual oil with your peanuts, you can
> go to Trader Joe's for roasted Unsalted Blistered Peanuts. If
> you won't have a coronary over it, you could get TJ's regular
> Blistered Peanuts which have residual oil from roasting and salt.
> I'm sure that if one would expend their effort looking, versus
> complaining, they'd find many other sources.
>
> Have a blessed day.

Or he could try what I do. Get real ones in the shell and cook them.
There are a lot of suprises if you actually look at the produce isle
which he may not have tried?

dsi1

Oct 5, 2017, 9:35:06 PM10/5/17
On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 2:08:49 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> With you but our favorite is pretty old time.
>
> Add peanuts in the shell to 1/2 the way up the crockpot.
> Reduced sodium verion
>
> 1/3 cup soy sauce
> 2 ts chile powder blend (medium level)
> 1-2 TB salt
> Water to where you can put the lid on and it doesnt gush out.
>
> Set to low or medium and go away for a day.
>
> Full on salt boiled peanuts can use a 1/2 cup or more salt. In this
> version the soy will penetrate better but leave less actual sodium
> consumed. The chile powder replaces the salt desire nicely.
>
> The full on version is about 1,000 mg sodium for 1 cup. This reduced
> version still isnt low but is about 450 mg for 1 cup. Both cups
> measured as shell on.
>
> --

That's stuff is popular over here. I'm not a big fan but it's sold in markets and fishing supply companies. The boiled peanut came to our shores from China. The peanuts are boiled in a little salt and star anise. My guess is that it's not as salty as the mainland boiled peanut although I can't say that I've ever had any on the mainland.

I've never made boiled peanuts but I just might since my wife seems to enjoy them.

http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/content/history-five-local-grinds

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 9:37:15 PM10/5/17
Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> My main point is

(blither deleted)

No one here needs to see you endlessly repeat ingredient lists. We got
it the first time. Try posting an actual recipe you approve of. You
know, that old idea that you catch more attention with honey?

Brucy

Oct 5, 2017, 9:37:55 PM10/5/17
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 20:28:19 -0500, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost>
wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 00:36:11 GMT, l not -l wrote:
>
>> On 5-Oct-2017, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> What do you have to do if you want to buy peanuts, just
>>> peanuts? Raid
>>> a peanut farm? Kidnap a peanut farmer?
>> Bless your heart. Order raw peanuts from nutstop.com. Or, if
>> you don't mind a little residual oil with your peanuts, you can
>> go to Trader Joe's for roasted Unsalted Blistered Peanuts. If
>> you won't have a coronary over it, you could get TJ's regular
>> Blistered Peanuts which have residual oil from roasting and salt.
>> I'm sure that if one would expend their effort looking, versus
>> complaining, they'd find many other sources.
>>
>> Have a blessed day.
>
>Why even give the troll the satisfaction of a response? You just
>wasted 5 minutes of your life and while extending Bruce's miserable
>existence.

Why does Supermarket Steve spend so much time trying to put me down?
It doesn't work and it takes up time that he could have used to stuff
himself some more. You know, with one of those dishes with 3 different
sausages, 2 different cheeses and 2 types of pickled peppers.

Brucy

Oct 5, 2017, 9:40:18 PM10/5/17
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 21:26:31 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 10/5/2017 7:53 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>

>>> Ingredients:
>>>
>>> INGREDIENTS: PEANUTS, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SEA SALT, SPICES
>>> (CONTAINS CELERY), DRIED ONION, DRIED GARLIC, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR,
>>> SUGAR, GELATIN, TORULA YEAST, CORNSTARCH, DRIED CORN SYRUP,
>>> MALTODEXTRIN.
>>>
>>> What's wrong with just peanuts? No, even peanuts have to be turned
>>> into a science project.
>>
>> Pretty much natural stuff and spices.
>>
>The peanut butter I eat contains ground peanuts and a little salt.
>nothing else.

Great.

>Bruce is horrified people might eat something on some bad
>for you list. I have no idea why. I like dry roasted peanuts but I
>don't have the capability to make them at home. So occasionally I buy a
>jar of them.

What's wrong with that?

>It's not going to kill me to occasionally snack on dry
>roasted peanuts.

I don't think all these things necessarily kill you. It just says a
lot about the quality of the product and the producer if they need a
science project.

Brucy

Oct 5, 2017, 9:45:21 PM10/5/17
On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 20:37:08 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

>Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> My main point is
>
>(blither deleted)

Thank you.

>No one here needs to see you endlessly repeat ingredient lists.

They're always different ingredients for different products. Very
informative.

>We got it the first time. Try posting an actual recipe you approve of. You
>know, that old idea that you catch more attention with honey?

I don't use recipes. And I approve of all real food.

Brucy

Oct 5, 2017, 9:49:50 PM10/5/17
That seems like the way to go to me.

>There are a lot of suprises if you actually look at the produce isle
>which he may not have tried?

I think I have tried most produce. I still haven't tried parsnip
though. Either I forget, or it's very expensive or it looks
dehydrated. Honey drizzled oven baked parsnip sounds good. Just ignore
this:

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4952858/Three-quarters-honey-contains-harmful-pesticides.html>

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 9:49:55 PM10/5/17
Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 19:39:14 GMT, l not -l wrote:
>
> > On 5-Oct-2017, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> >
> >> Speaking of nuts, I haven't had Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts
> >> for
> >> probably 20 years. I forgot they were pretty good (and now
> >> advertised
> >> as "good for you" <shrug>). A big 34.5oz jug was only $4.50
> >> (after
> >> $1.50 coupon).
> > >
> > They were a staple in my home for years, until I discovered
> > Blistered Peanuts at Trader Joe's. They are tasty and very
> > crunchy. Because they are fried, they are not as "good for you",
> > but nuts, in general, are good sources of protein, fiber and good
> > (at least until the next research findings) fat.
>
> I'm a little sore at Trader Joe's because in July they finally shut
> down "Pirate Joe's", the store in Canada that was selling Trader Joe's
> products that they bought at full retail from Trader Joe's in
> Washington and California.
>
> And not because Trader Joe's was prevailing in the courts (they were
> losing), but because the little guy couldn't afford the ongoing
> lawsuits which Trader Joes kept appealing even though all law experts
> said Trader Joe's had no valid case at all.
>
> It would have been much better for TJ's just to allow the store to
> operate, considering this guy was literally their Best Customer, and
> was creating good publicity for their brand in Canada. Rather than
> the bad PR and sleazy tactics of driving him into the ground due to
> the expenses incurred from a bullshit lawsuit.
>
> All sorts of little businesses are reselling all sorts of Trader Joe's
> products on Amazon at 500+% markups and you don't hear TJ's whining
> about that. They should come out with a line of "Trader Shyster's"
> foods.
>
> Fuck Trader Joe's!!! Boycott Trader Joe's !!! Rah Rah.
>

> -sw

I havent found a single product at TJ's worth the visit. We have one
in a 10 minute drive. There are a few things of use, but not enough to
bother going there and generally I can get them elsewhere.

Scratch cooks don't seem to find much there.

Brucy

Oct 5, 2017, 9:51:07 PM10/5/17
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 21:29:15 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
No, I complain about prefab supermarket products. Besides, I'm in your
killfile (nicely decorated by the way!) so you're no judge.

cshenk

Oct 5, 2017, 10:25:04 PM10/5/17
jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Hard to miss that one!

Meantime, tomorrow I'm going to work on the Einkorn bread. What i
posted was very tasty but i think I can get better rise from it.

Hank Rogers

Oct 5, 2017, 11:36:49 PM10/5/17
He's right. This place is for posting about mammary glands,
and oral sex. Your posts about grub are off topic for sure :)

Hank Rogers

Oct 5, 2017, 11:39:46 PM10/5/17
Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 00:36:11 GMT, l not -l wrote:
>
>> On 5-Oct-2017, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> What do you have to do if you want to buy peanuts, just
>>> peanuts? Raid
>>> a peanut farm? Kidnap a peanut farmer?
>> Bless your heart. Order raw peanuts from nutstop.com. Or, if
>> you don't mind a little residual oil with your peanuts, you can
>> go to Trader Joe's for roasted Unsalted Blistered Peanuts. If
>> you won't have a coronary over it, you could get TJ's regular
>> Blistered Peanuts which have residual oil from roasting and salt.
>> I'm sure that if one would expend their effort looking, versus
>> complaining, they'd find many other sources.
>>
>> Have a blessed day.
>
> Why even give the troll the satisfaction of a response? You just
> wasted 5 minutes of your life and while extending Bruce's miserable
> existence.
>
> ObIngredients:
>
> Ingredients for Satan's Asshole:
>
> 1/2 shot Curacao, blue
> 1 shot Vodka, cherry (Phillips UV)
> 1 shot Vodka (Smirnoff)
> 1/2 shot Grenadine (Rose's)
>
> Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into glass.
>
> -sw

Can we substitute cheap crystal palace vodka for the
fancy-schmancy smirnoff?

Brucy

Oct 5, 2017, 11:52:22 PM10/5/17
>And my point; if you don't like the product, find one you do.
>But, don't be a sanctimonious a-hole trying to police what
>everyone else likes. We are adults who can make our own
>decisions about what we like or don't or, what we don't care
>about. We don't need you "looking out for us".

I'm not looking out for you, nor am I calling you an asshole. I'm
merely informing you and adding my opinion. Very normal newsgroup
behaviour. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate.

Sqwerts

Oct 6, 2017, 12:05:38 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 12:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Speaking of nuts,

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

swe...@cluemail.compost
<i6x4dy0h0232$.d...@sqwertz.com>
3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/image/jpg/steve-wertz-presentation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:05:50 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 12:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 08:21:05 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> why is it that we get waves of trolls here at times. don't you
>> people have anything better to do than spread your idiocy on a
>> cooking board?
>
> Casa Boner invited them.

Liar.

Sqwerts

Oct 6, 2017, 12:06:08 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 4:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> trolls are usenet

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:06:21 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 7:12 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Fuck Trader Joe's!!!

Sqwerts

Oct 6, 2017, 12:07:45 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 7:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> give the troll the satisfaction

Sqwerts

Oct 6, 2017, 12:07:57 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 8:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> always a ripoff

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:11:10 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 12:48 PM, Bruce wrote:
> even peanuts have to be turned
> into a science project.

Weep and wail over it, you parsimonious paranoiac.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:17:53 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 4:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> No, the trolls are usenet are much grungier, older people. It no
>> longer has anything to do with school.
> Yes, of course. There's only one troll here at the moment

Uh, you Sqwerty, a host of forgers - yer math sucks, troll.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:22:48 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 5:56 PM, Bruce wrote:
> What do you have to do if you want to buy peanuts, just peanuts? Raid
> a peanut farm? Kidnap a peanut farmer?

Go to the store and get:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/planters-roasted-peanuts/6000001847221

https://nuts.com/nuts/peanuts/jumbo-roasted-inshell.html

https://www.whitleyspeanut.com/prod_detail_list/roasted-peanuts-in-shell

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:24:14 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 6:36 PM, l not -l wrote:

> On 5-Oct-2017, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 18:53:44 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Pretty much natural stuff and spices.
>>
>> What do you have to do if you want to buy peanuts, just
>> peanuts? Raid
>> a peanut farm? Kidnap a peanut farmer?
> Bless your heart. Order raw peanuts from nutstop.com. Or, if
> you don't mind a little residual oil with your peanuts, you can
> go to Trader Joe's for roasted Unsalted Blistered Peanuts. If
> you won't have a coronary over it, you could get TJ's regular
> Blistered Peanuts which have residual oil from roasting and salt.
> I'm sure that if one would expend their effort looking, versus
> complaining, they'd find many other sources.
>
> Have a blessed day.

Every supermarket in the US sells roasted peanuts in the shell.

No biggie.

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 12:25:52 AM10/6/17
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 22:17:48 -0600, Casa lo pensa <loo...@U.too>
wrote:
Yes, ok, you and 2 forgers. But Sqwerts the stalker is you, right? So
that leaves you and your forger (Sqwertz?)

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:29:37 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 10:25 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 22:17:48 -0600, Casa lo pensa <loo...@U.too>
> wrote:

>>> Yes, of course. There's only one troll here at the moment
>>
>> Uh, you Sqwerty, a host of forgers - yer math sucks, troll.
>
> Yes, ok, you and 2 forgers.

Nope, you & Sqwerty are the 2 trolls.

> But Sqwerts the stalker is you, right?

I dunno, ya think?

> So that leaves you and your forger (Sqwertz?)

Sqwerty is the forger?

Do tell!

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 12:53:15 AM10/6/17
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 22:29:33 -0600, Casa lo pensa <loo...@U.too>
wrote:

>On 10/5/2017 10:25 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> But Sqwerts the stalker is you, right?
>
>I dunno, ya think?

I axed ya.

>> So that leaves you and your forger (Sqwertz?)
>
>Sqwerty is the forger?
>
>Do tell!

Just my guess.

Julie Bove

Oct 6, 2017, 6:14:00 AM10/6/17

"ImStillMags" <sitar...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> why is it that we get waves of trolls here at times. don't you people
> have anything better to do than spread your idiocy on a cooking board?

And ancient posts. Grrrrrrr. I didn't cook today. Made sandwiches with Swiss
cheese and turkey. Also hard boiled eggs and a relish plate that included
some old timey celery stuffed with cheese. Tomato soup (canned) for those
who wanted it. Had so many teens and young adults in and out of here there
were no chips left.

Julie Bove

Oct 6, 2017, 6:16:04 AM10/6/17

<penm...@aol.com> wrote in message
> ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>why is it that we get waves of trolls here at times.
>>don't you people have anything better to do than
>>spread your idiocy on a cooking board?
>
> RFC is not a cooking group anymore. It's perhaps 2% somewhat about
> cooking but nothing specific or even useful. RFC is now all about
> politics and personal machinations. The real reason for the influx of
> nasty trolls is because the regulars here reply to them... of course
> there are not many regulars here who are not trolls themselves. I
> don't post much anymore because I've given up posting on topic.

I plan to make pork chops tomorrow. Salt and pepper for seasoning. Also some
fried apples. Not sure on the veg and other sides. Might do some Mexican
rice and some of those beans that I got from HEB. I'm not into pork chops
but will eat the beans and rice.

Julie Bove

Oct 6, 2017, 6:20:08 AM10/6/17

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On 10/5/2017 9:16 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> FLAVOR, >> SUGAR, GELATIN, TORULA YEAST, CORNSTARCH, DRIED CORN SYRUP,

>>> What do you have to do if you want to buy peanuts, just peanuts? Raid
>>> a peanut farm? Kidnap a peanut farmer?
>>
>> REad on for how to cook them. Unlike you, I post how to cook with
>> recipes.
>>
> Peanut soup is a good idea. I seem to recall posting a recipe for that
> once upon a time. Or was that Pecan soup? Either way, Bruce doesn't
> cook, he just complains about the food the rest of us cook and eat.

I've seen a peanut soup recipe. Here is one:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13106/peanut-soup/

Cindy Hamilton

Oct 6, 2017, 6:29:16 AM10/6/17
On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 7:56:48 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 18:53:44 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> Ingredients:
> >>
> >> INGREDIENTS: PEANUTS, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SEA SALT, SPICES
> >> (CONTAINS CELERY), DRIED ONION, DRIED GARLIC, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR,
> >> SUGAR, GELATIN, TORULA YEAST, CORNSTARCH, DRIED CORN SYRUP,
> >> MALTODEXTRIN.
> >>
> >> What's wrong with just peanuts? No, even peanuts have to be turned
> >> into a science project.
> >
> >Pretty much natural stuff and spices.
>
> What do you have to do if you want to buy peanuts, just peanuts? Raid
> a peanut farm? Kidnap a peanut farmer?

You buy something besides Planter's dry roasted peanuts. Something like this:

<https://www.nutstop.com/product/peanuts-roasted-salted/>

You can get plain old peanuts at the grocery store.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Oct 6, 2017, 6:31:39 AM10/6/17
On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 9:40:18 PM UTC-4, Brucy wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 21:26:31 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
> wrote:

> >> Pretty much natural stuff and spices.
> >>
> >The peanut butter I eat contains ground peanuts and a little salt.
> >nothing else.
>
> Great.
>
> >Bruce is horrified people might eat something on some bad
> >for you list. I have no idea why. I like dry roasted peanuts but I
> >don't have the capability to make them at home. So occasionally I buy a
> >jar of them.
>
> What's wrong with that?
>
> >It's not going to kill me to occasionally snack on dry
> >roasted peanuts.
>
> I don't think all these things necessarily kill you. It just says a
> lot about the quality of the product and the producer if they need a
> science project.

No, dummy. It's about amping up the flavor so people will buy their
product rather than someone else's.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 6:52:08 AM10/6/17
Alright then. I hope nobody buys the Planters gunk, except for
Supermarket Steve of course.

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 6:52:43 AM10/6/17
How sad is that, bimbo?

Gary

Oct 6, 2017, 7:57:47 AM10/6/17
l not -l wrote:

> To me, the worst thing about TJs is <snip>

I've gone to TJs twice for things that were highly recommended as
the best ever. Both were fails. Not bad but certainly not worth
the extra trip. For me, the only good thing good about TJs is
that they are right next door to "5-Below" store. I love that
store! Also a Petsmart is only one store down from that.

> Breakfast will be a western omelet with two pieces of toasted and
> buttered TJs Sprouted 9 Grain Bread; at least one slice of which
> will be further enhanced with home-made apple butter.

Sounds nice. Question though, what do you call a western omelet?
Just curious.

I'm actually planning a 'breakfast for late lunch' today. This
will consist of one microwaved potato with butter. 2 sausage
links with a slight drizzle of maple syrup. 3 fried eggs over
easy. Two slices of seeded rye bread with 1/2 slice enhanced with
orange marmalade. (the dessert piece)

A fully deluxe meal would also add a stack of thin pancakes but I
rarely to that. Probably won't today.

Anyway, once I eat all that, I'll turn lazy as hell for awhile.
It's a very full meal and will certainly put you down in a nice
way. ;-D

Gary

Oct 6, 2017, 8:07:13 AM10/6/17
Bruce wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >No, dummy. It's about amping up the flavor so people will buy their
> >product rather than someone else's.
>
> How sad is that, bimbo?

You didn't have to add that last word - name calling again.

Bruce, I suspect that when an ingredient list says "natural
ingredients," that's probably the company's secret ingredients
which they are allowed to hide from copycat people.

Are you really all that paranoid about what you buy and eat?
Also, do you eat as well as you preach?

Gary

Oct 6, 2017, 9:40:04 AM10/6/17
Julie Bove wrote:

> I plan to make pork chops tomorrow. Salt and pepper for seasoning. Also some
> fried apples. Not sure on the veg and other sides. Might do some Mexican
> rice and some of those beans that I got from HEB. I'm not into pork chops
> but will eat the beans and rice.

Ya know Julie...I've always wondered about many of your cooking
posts. How can you possibly cook well for others when you don't
even like what you are cooking? When I cook, I'll taste
occasionally and adjust ingredients but if you don't like it to
start with - that almost sounds like a guaranteed fail to me.

One more thing. If you are cooking pork chops, try deglazing the
pan with a tiny bit of water and some butter and cooking fried
pears instead. Pears go very well with pork.

Gary

Oct 6, 2017, 9:46:13 AM10/6/17
l not -l wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Sounds nice. Question though, what do you call a western
> > omelet?

> Folded, rather than rolled, omelet, filled with diced ham, onion
> and bell pepper. Green bell pepper seems to be traditional;
> however, I had a yellow bell pepper remnant that I diced and
> used. Cheese is optional; I draped my omelet in a very thin
> slice of Land o' Lakes Sharp Cheddar/American Blend. Very thin
> in this case means I had the deli slice my cheese about half as
> thick as pre-packaged slices; less than a half-ounce. This is a
> very good cheese and doesn't take a lot to add good flavor.

Not too long ago, I quit the omlet method and just went with
scrambled eggs using omlet ingredients. I'll use eggs, cheese,
onion and bell pepper and a bit of chopped tomato too. I've never
added meat but I do like some sausage on the side with a drizzle
of maple syrup.

Anyway, thanks for the description of "western." I thought it
might include hot peppers ala stevers.

Cindy Hamilton

Oct 6, 2017, 10:05:00 AM10/6/17
I'm sorry I called you dummy. It was a childish reaction to your
posing questions to which you would know the answer if you gave
it a minute's thought. Unless that's your version of the Socratic
Method, and you think that by posing those questions we will learn
something we do not already know.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Oct 6, 2017, 10:37:14 AM10/6/17
On 2017-10-06 9:46 AM, Gary wrote:
> l not -l wrote:

> Not too long ago, I quit the omlet method and just went with
> scrambled eggs using omlet ingredients. I'll use eggs, cheese,
> onion and bell pepper and a bit of chopped tomato too. I've never
> added meat but I do like some sausage on the side with a drizzle
> of maple syrup.

I have never been crazy about omelets. While my favourite style of egg
is probably poached, I also like them fried, sunny side if I can manage
to get the tops just cooked without over cooking the bottoms. I also
like them gently scrambled. I like eggs barely cooked and I think the
problem with omelets is that they usually end up a little browned, and
that taste turns me right off.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 11:37:00 AM10/6/17
On 10/5/2017 10:53 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 22:29:33 -0600, Casa lo pensa <loo...@U.too>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/5/2017 10:25 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
>>> But Sqwerts the stalker is you, right?
>>
>> I dunno, ya think?
>
> I axed ya.

Byte me, cunt.

>>> So that leaves you and your forger (Sqwertz?)
>>
>> Sqwerty is the forger?
>>
>> Do tell!
>
> Just my guess.

Not a bad one either.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 11:42:04 AM10/6/17
Your need to control the mass decisions of others bespeaks a mania
untreated if not undiagnosed.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 11:42:51 AM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 4:52 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> It's about amping up the flavor so people will buy their
>> product rather than someone else's.
> How sad is that, bimbo?

Wow, so the minute she disagrees with you she becomes a "bimbo"???

So telling, troll.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 11:43:53 AM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 6:07 AM, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> No, dummy. It's about amping up the flavor so people will buy their
>>> product rather than someone else's.
>>
>> How sad is that, bimbo?
>
> You didn't have to add that last word - name calling again.

GOOD catch sir...

> Bruce, I suspect that when an ingredient list says "natural
> ingredients," that's probably the company's secret ingredients
> which they are allowed to hide from copycat people.
>
> Are you really all that paranoid about what you buy and eat?
> Also, do you eat as well as you preach?

But really...who cares, and moreover who would be able to verify the
claims of a lying troll.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 11:46:22 AM10/6/17
Whoa...Big oLd over-analysis!

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 11:48:24 AM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 8:38 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I like eggs barely cooked and I think the problem with omelets is that
> they usually end up a little browned, and that taste turns me right off.

Try the ATK version:

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/4594-perfect-french-omelets

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/07/this-week-in-americas-test-kitchen-the-perfec.html

America's Test Kitchen spent weeks cracking eggs to simplify this
recipe. Its final recipe for Perfect French Omelets defies 100 years of
French culinary tradition. They rely on frozen butter, chopsticks (for
stirring the eggs as they cook), the skillet lid (to trap residual heat
and finish cooking the eggs), and a paper towel (to facilitate neatly
rolling the omelet). Yes, the method sounds weird, but it really works.

Watch the video for step-by-step instructions or get the recipe at
America's Test Kitchen (free registration required) »

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 12:00:22 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 06 Oct 2017 08:07:44 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >No, dummy. It's about amping up the flavor so people will buy their
>> >product rather than someone else's.
>>
>> How sad is that, bimbo?
>
>You didn't have to add that last word - name calling again.

Are you blind? I did that in reply to her "dummy". Of course she's not
a bimbo.

>Bruce, I suspect that when an ingredient list says "natural
>ingredients," that's probably the company's secret ingredients
>which they are allowed to hide from copycat people.

Yes.

>Are you really all that paranoid about what you buy and eat?

No.

>Also, do you eat as well as you preach?

No. Besides, I don't preach, I inform.

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 12:03:37 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 07:04:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
That's ok. I shouldn't have called you a bimbo either :)

>It was a childish reaction to your
>posing questions to which you would know the answer if you gave
>it a minute's thought. Unless that's your version of the Socratic
>Method, and you think that by posing those questions we will learn
>something we do not already know.

You mean when I asked "What's wrong with that?" I only meant to say
there was nothing wrong with what Jill said.

Cheri

Oct 6, 2017, 12:05:32 PM10/6/17
"Casa lo pensa" <loo...@U.too> wrote in message
And mostly unread as well.

Cheri

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:08:56 PM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 10:00 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Oct 2017 08:07:44 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> How sad is that, bimbo?
>>
>> You didn't have to add that last word - name calling again.
>
> Are you blind? I did that in reply to her "dummy". Of course she's not
> a bimbo.

Wow, you have the payback mentality of a child.

>> Bruce, I suspect that when an ingredient list says "natural
>> ingredients," that's probably the company's secret ingredients
>> which they are allowed to hide from copycat people.
>
> Yes.
>
>> Are you really all that paranoid about what you buy and eat?
>
> No.
>
>> Also, do you eat as well as you preach?
>
> No. Besides, I don't preach, I inform.

Liar, your ingredient mania is every bit of preachy.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:09:56 PM10/6/17
Oh this is truly NAUSEATING!

You miserable nancy boy suckup.

>> It was a childish reaction to your
>> posing questions to which you would know the answer if you gave
>> it a minute's thought. Unless that's your version of the Socratic
>> Method, and you think that by posing those questions we will learn
>> something we do not already know.
>
> You mean when I asked "What's wrong with that?" I only meant to say
> there was nothing wrong with what Jill said.

Oh shut up and go away!

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 12:10:26 PM10/6/17
Well one would _hope_ so!

Alas...rfc dullards, etc...

notbob

Oct 6, 2017, 12:39:41 PM10/6/17
On 2017-10-06, l not -l <lal...@cujo.com> wrote:

> the just starting to sizzle butter and cover with a Volrath
> stainless steel plate cover (vent hole in center). The steam
> coming off the butter cooks the top of the eggs.

Interesting technique. I may try it. I assume you are talking about
pan fried eggs, sunny-side up, yes, no? ;)

nb

Cheri

Oct 6, 2017, 12:44:14 PM10/6/17
"Casa lo pensa" <loo...@U.too> wrote in message
As soon as I see that there is an ingredient list, it's buh-bye. If I want
ingredient lists, I will read them myself. :)

Cheri

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 1:09:59 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 09:42:54 -0700, "Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com>
wrote:

>"Casa lo pensa" <loo...@U.too> wrote in message
>> On 10/6/2017 10:05 AM, Cheri wrote:
>>> "Casa lo pensa" <loo...@U.too> wrote in message

>>> And mostly unread as well.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>
>> Well one would _hope_ so!
>>
>> Alas...rfc dullards, etc...
>

>As soon as I see that there is an ingredient list, it's buh-bye. If I want
>ingredient lists, I will read them myself. :)

Strange how people react to ingredients. In a cooking group of all
places. Like a child that puts its fingers in its ears and keeps
yelling "I don't want to know, I don't want to know!"

Unfortunately, these are adults :)

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 1:16:12 PM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 11:09 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 09:42:54 -0700, "Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Casa lo pensa" <loo...@U.too> wrote in message

>>> Well one would _hope_ so!
>>>
>>> Alas...rfc dullards, etc...
>>

>> As soon as I see that there is an ingredient list, it's buh-bye. If I want
>> ingredient lists, I will read them myself. :)
>
> Strange how people react to ingredients.

When they're NOT part of a recipe..mmm....
> In a cooking group of all.
> places.

Where people expect RECIPES, not ingredient chastisement.

> Like a child that puts its fingers in its ears and keeps
> yelling "I don't want to know, I don't want to know!"

Like a child who repeats the same tired phrase time and again, you are.

> Unfortunately, these are adults :)

Basically senior children who tend to enhance their born-as traits over
the years.

Which means you must have been a real shit child.

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 1:26:24 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 11:16:07 -0600, Casa lo pensa <loo...@U.too>
wrote:

>Which means you must have been a real shit child.

Hey Boner, your mental health facility called. They want you back:

<http://mental-health-facilities.healthgrove.com/l/10524/University-of-New-Mexico-Hospital-Assertive-Community-Treatment-ACT>

dsi1

Oct 6, 2017, 1:30:55 PM10/6/17
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 7:09:59 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Strange how people react to ingredients. In a cooking group of all
> places. Like a child that puts its fingers in its ears and keeps
> yelling "I don't want to know, I don't want to know!"
>
> Unfortunately, these are adults :)

You should educate yourself as to what these ingredients are. So they have really long, strange-sounding, names. That's not a big deal - you should hear all the long, strange-sounding, names the human body produces. Deoxyribonucleic acid for one - there's many more.

I don't have any problem with flavor enhancers, emulsifiers, stabilizers, preservatives, acidifiers, or sweeteners. What I want to know is when food contains stuff like salivary glands or lymph nodes. Now that's the kind of stuff I'd like to avoid.

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 1:35:03 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:30:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
I know that not everything is evil or bad for you. Although some of it
is and some of it will turn out to be in 10 years time.

But the point is that if they need flavour enhancers, for instance,
that means the product sucks.

That doesn't mean I'll call the police if you buy it. And sometimes I
buy it too if I'm in a hurry. But it can never hurt to know.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 2:31:30 PM10/6/17
Hey Bwuthie, funny how the tables have turned, innit?

You _used to_ have a coterie of fawning females who thought you were
witty, albeit in a snide way.

Now it's devolved to a precious few who even now merely tolerate you.

I mean you have REALLY decimated your favorability ratings with the
graceless false candor of a common retail politician.

Nice work, bro...

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 2:32:43 PM10/6/17
I avoid most organ meats for similar reasons.

Concentration of toxins makes for poor nutritive long term consumption
choices.

Imo...

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 2:36:31 PM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 11:34 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:30:52 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 7:09:59 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Strange how people react to ingredients. In a cooking group of all
>>> places. Like a child that puts its fingers in its ears and keeps
>>> yelling "I don't want to know, I don't want to know!"
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, these are adults :)
>>
>> You should educate yourself as to what these ingredients are. So they have really long, strange-sounding, names. That's not a big deal - you should hear all the long, strange-sounding, names the human body produces. Deoxyribonucleic acid for one - there's many more.
>>
>> I don't have any problem with flavor enhancers, emulsifiers, stabilizers, preservatives, acidifiers, or sweeteners. What I want to know is when food contains stuff like salivary glands or lymph nodes. Now that's the kind of stuff I'd like to avoid.
>
> I know that not everything is evil or bad for you. Although some of it
> is and some of it will turn out to be in 10 years time.

OMG, the futurist rationalization...

> But the point is that if they need flavour enhancers, for instance,
> that means the product sucks.

No, it does NOT!

Lays, for example, makes flavored and non-flavored potato chips.

http://www.fritolay.com/snacks/product-page/lays

Aside from the ingredients to flavor they are largely identical chips.

http://www.fritolay.com/snacks/product-page/lays/lays-barbecue-flavored-potato-chips

So the product does not "suck", you asshole!

> That doesn't mean I'll call the police if you buy it. And sometimes I
> buy it too if I'm in a hurry. But it can never hurt to know.

Here's a cluebat to the melon for you, ya raving control freak....most
folks here can READ LABELS!

Really!

Now FUCK OFF AND DIE!

Sqwerts

Oct 6, 2017, 2:41:15 PM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 12:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> nobody in your house would like that.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

swe...@cluemail.compost
<i6x4dy0h0232$.d...@sqwertz.com>
3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/image/jpg/steve-wertz-presentation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!

Cindy Hamilton

Oct 6, 2017, 3:11:52 PM10/6/17
Brains. No brains for me.

Hey, I thought about you at lunch. I had ramen in chicken
bone broth with chicken and "Asian greens". The "Asian greens"
turned out to be seaweed. There also were bean sprouts, enoki
mushrooms, bamboo shoots, wood ear mushrooms, and a hard-
boiled egg. The chicken had been very lightly dusted with
flour and deep-fried.

It came in a gigantic bowl. I was able to eat only about half
of what they brought.

I've no idea whether the ramen was top-shelf, but it certainly
wasn't from an instant packet.

Cindy Hamilton

Ophelia

Oct 6, 2017, 4:07:30 PM10/6/17
"l not -l" wrote in message news:bLNBB.241$rW2...@fx09.iad...

On the occasion I want sunny side up eggs, I use butter, which
contains water. I heat the pan on medium-low, add the eggs to
the just starting to sizzle butter and cover with a Volrath
stainless steel plate cover (vent hole in center). The steam
coming off the butter cooks the top of the eggs.
==

That is exactly how I cook our eggs:) They are lovely like that with the
flavour of the butter and very lightly cooked:))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

dsi1

Oct 6, 2017, 4:13:29 PM10/6/17
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 7:35:03 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> I know that not everything is evil or bad for you. Although some of it
> is and some of it will turn out to be in 10 years time.
>
> But the point is that if they need flavour enhancers, for instance,
> that means the product sucks.
>
> That doesn't mean I'll call the police if you buy it. And sometimes I
> buy it too if I'm in a hurry. But it can never hurt to know.

My definition of a good cook is one that knows how to shape the flavor he wants out of a dish. Great cooks are masters in shaping and enhancing flavor. They are also masters of thermal energy and design. A cook that has no concept of the flavor he's looking for and no skills on how to achieve it is just your below-average cook. In the big game, it's all about flavor enhancement.

dsi1

Oct 6, 2017, 4:16:29 PM10/6/17
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 8:32:43 AM UTC-10, Casa lo pensa wrote:

> I avoid most organ meats for similar reasons.
>
> Concentration of toxins makes for poor nutritive long term consumption
> choices.
>
> Imo...

I think you're right. OTOH, in the future, it might be that animals for food might be so rare and expensive that organ meat might be more readily acceptable. That's just my speculation.

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 4:16:40 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 13:13:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
Yes, with real ingredients, not with science projects. But if you feel
different, buy it, eat it, enjoy it. To each their own and you can
have my portion too.

dsi1

Oct 6, 2017, 4:33:19 PM10/6/17
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 9:11:52 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Brains. No brains for me.
>
> Hey, I thought about you at lunch. I had ramen in chicken
> bone broth with chicken and "Asian greens". The "Asian greens"
> turned out to be seaweed. There also were bean sprouts, enoki
> mushrooms, bamboo shoots, wood ear mushrooms, and a hard-
> boiled egg. The chicken had been very lightly dusted with
> flour and deep-fried.
>
> It came in a gigantic bowl. I was able to eat only about half
> of what they brought.
>
> I've no idea whether the ramen was top-shelf, but it certainly
> wasn't from an instant packet.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Hoo boy, that sounds pretty good. The Japanese, it seems, have a different idea about instant ramen. This is the stuff that I've been making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxvHlkZr31c

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 5:38:28 PM10/6/17
Oooh, that may well become a bit of a boutique subculture as the
misnomered "sweet breads" already have!

I 'll take my soylent green wafers, tnx...

dsi1

Oct 6, 2017, 5:43:47 PM10/6/17
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 10:16:40 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Yes, with real ingredients, not with science projects. But if you feel
> different, buy it, eat it, enjoy it. To each their own and you can
> have my portion too.

Thanks, I give you permission to eat whatever you want too. Enjoy living in your fantasy world where all foods are either fresh or preserved by salt, drying, or pickling. My guess is you're be whining about the lack of variety and flavor of the foods you eat within a fortnight.

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 5:49:31 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 14:43:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
What a strange idea that science projects from the money grabbing food
industry add variety and flavour to food. You've got it all backwards.
Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy eating all those products and may that
3rd testicle start growing in a discrete spot.

Does it really matter?

Oct 6, 2017, 6:12:41 PM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 11:30, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 03:15:59 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I plan to make pork chops tomorrow. Salt and pepper for seasoning. Also some
>> fried apples. Not sure on the veg and other sides. Might do some Mexican
>> rice and some of those beans that I got from HEB. I'm not into pork chops
>> but will eat the beans and rice.
>
> Nah, nobody in your house would like that.
>
> -sw

There's an HEB's in Washington state?

dsi1

Oct 6, 2017, 6:22:00 PM10/6/17
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 11:49:31 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> What a strange idea that science projects from the money grabbing food
> industry add variety and flavour to food. You've got it all backwards.
> Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy eating all those products and may that
> 3rd testicle start growing in a discrete spot.

Effective and proven technology is not a science project. It's a freakin' modern day miracle. Preserving food and making it taste better is a good and worthwhile endeavor.

Cheri

Oct 6, 2017, 6:48:27 PM10/6/17
"dsi1" <dsi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
======

LOL, I'm sure it would be "the sky is falling" about something.

Cheri

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 7:18:33 PM10/6/17
I require we place him on the kippered herring ONLY diet.

The neighborhood cats may be an issue...

;-0

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 7:20:57 PM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 3:49 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 14:43:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 10:16:40 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, with real ingredients, not with science projects. But if you feel
>>> different, buy it, eat it, enjoy it. To each their own and you can
>>> have my portion too.
>>
>> Thanks, I give you permission to eat whatever you want too. Enjoy living in your fantasy world where all foods are either fresh or preserved by salt, drying, or pickling. My guess is you're be whining about the lack of variety and flavor of the foods you eat within a fortnight.
>
> What a strange idea that science projects from the money grabbing food
> industry add variety and flavour to food.

Imagine, IFF must have a bad business model...

https://secure.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/IFF

KEY DATA
OPEN
$146.59
DAY RANGE
144.9600 - 146.8450
52 WEEK RANGE
113.1600 - 147.5000
MARKET CAP
$11.63B
SHARES OUTSTANDING
78.98M
PUBLIC FLOAT
78.71M
BETA
1.02
REV. PER EMPLOYEE
$465.32K
P/E RATIO
29.42
EPS
$4.95
YIELD
1.90%
DIVIDEND
$0.69
EX-DIVIDEND DATE
Sep 22, 2017
SHORT INTEREST
1.47M 09/15/17
% OF FLOAT SHORTED
1.87%
AVERAGE VOLUME
355.78K
PERFORMANCE
5 Day
1.90%
1 Month
2.68%
3 Month
10.43%
YTD
23.59%
1 Year
5.97%

> You've got it all backwards.

You need an icepick rammed in your forehead.

> Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy eating all those products and may that
> 3rd testicle start growing in a discrete spot.

Says the nutless nancy boy griper...

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 7:22:00 PM10/6/17
IFF sure thinks so:

https://secure.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/IFF

International Flavors and Fragrances Trades at a Premium to Its Peers
Sep. 28, 2017 at 4:04 p.m. ET on MarketRealist.com

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 7:22:47 PM10/6/17
Has anyone mentioned "corn dogs" to him?

:-)))

Bruce

Oct 6, 2017, 7:25:00 PM10/6/17
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:21:57 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
Making it taste better... lol.

Casa lo pensa

Oct 6, 2017, 7:35:09 PM10/6/17
BBQ Lays - mmm!

jmcquown

Oct 6, 2017, 7:54:01 PM10/6/17
On 10/6/2017 9:40 AM, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I plan to make pork chops tomorrow. Salt and pepper for seasoning. Also some
>> fried apples. Not sure on the veg and other sides. Might do some Mexican
>> rice and some of those beans that I got from HEB. I'm not into pork chops
>> but will eat the beans and rice.
>
> Ya know Julie...I've always wondered about many of your cooking
> posts. How can you possibly cook well for others when you don't
> even like what you are cooking? When I cook, I'll taste
> occasionally and adjust ingredients but if you don't like it to
> start with - that almost sounds like a guaranteed fail to me.

It sure does sound like a guaranteed fail. Of course you know how I
feel about it. If her family doesn't like what she cooks they can darn
well cook their own dinner. They won't, so it's a moot point.

Pork chops with nothing more than S&P for seasoning will be rather
bland. Mexican rice & beans doesn't sound like it goes with pork chops
and fried apples but that's just me. Chances are that's all she'll eat
anyway.

> One more thing. If you are cooking pork chops, try deglazing the
> pan with a tiny bit of water and some butter and cooking fried
> pears instead. Pears go very well with pork.

Hmmmm. I'm not a big fan of pears (it's a texture rather than taste
thing) so I probably wouldn't try it.

Jill
It is loading more messages.