Bacon and Egg Pizza

Paul M. Cook

Sep 20, 2005, 4:51:29 PM9/20/05
In a word - incredible! I had this recently and it was so good. Making it
at home is turning out to be rather an ordeal. In the restaurant they use a
pizza oven which flash cooks the whole lot in like 8 minutes. But in my
oven it doesn't come out well. It takes too long for the dough to cook and
by the time it does the eggs are totally overcooked. I want it to be just
like I had, with the eggs a perfect over medium. Adding the eggs after the
dough has partially cooked helps but they tend to run all over the place
rather than stay in a tight form.

Any ideas?

Peter Aitken

Sep 20, 2005, 5:48:55 PM9/20/05
"Paul M. Cook" <pmBERMUDA_...@gte.net> wrote in message

It is often a hopeless task to try to duplicate something cooked in
specialized restaurant oven. You might try a pizza stone, heating it to 500
for half an hour before sliding the pizza onto it.

--
Peter Aitken

notbob

Sep 20, 2005, 7:22:54 PM9/20/05
On 2005-09-20, Peter Aitken <pai...@CRAPnc.rr.com> wrote:

> It is often a hopeless task to try to duplicate something cooked in
> specialized restaurant oven.

Sounds like it might have been one of the quartz halogen light ovens
invented about a dozen years ago.

http://www.selectappliance.com/exec/ce-product/vu_vfb12-1

You can pick up a used one for about $1K.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2E4255DB

Or, you can get yourself a GE Adavntium:

http://www.geappliances.com/advantium/home.htm

...which appears to be based on the same technology.

OR!!! ...you can just whip up a batch of notbob's Eggs Garp:

notbob's EGGS GARP In a No. 10 cast iron skillet, fry up a 1/2 lb of
BACON till crispy and remove, drain, and chop. Pour off all but 2-3 T
of bacon grease and saute in 1 bunch of chopped GREEN ONIONS, one
small (or 1/2 med) chopped WHITE ONION, couple of cloves of smashed
GARLIC, and 8 oz fresh sliced BUTTON MUSHROOMS. As soon as vegies are
cooked to tender, pour in 6-8 large mixed EGGS and procede to
scramble, using the eggs to deglaze skillet. When eggs start to set
up, add the chopped crispy bacon and about 1/2-3/4 cup of quality med
CHEDDAR CHEESE (med grate), continue scrambling. When cheese has
melted into eggs, add salt and pepper to taste and serve on warmed
plates.

......or warm up a Boboli pizza crust and pile on the garp ...or toss
the crust and enjoy the Garp by itself with a good hot sauce and a
coupla' beers. ;)

nb

Charles Gifford

Sep 20, 2005, 8:03:16 PM9/20/05

"notbob" <not...@nothome.com> wrote in message

> OR!!! ...you can just whip up a batch of notbob's Eggs Garp:

Golly notbob! This sounds wonderful! It should awaken the spiritually dead.
Damned new diet; else I'd be partaking of this edible good karma!

Charlie

Charlie

Pandora

Sep 21, 2005, 2:52:52 AM9/21/05

"Paul M. Cook" <pmBERMUDA_...@gte.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> [...]

I always make my pizza with eggs over. I call it Pizza Bismark.
I put the eggs about 5 minutes before the pizza is ready. Look at these
photos (this time I haven't put over mozzarella; only tomatoes, salt,
oregano).
http://tinypic.com/dwdyzn.jpg
http://tinypic.com/dwdz4i.jpg

To make a good pizza there are few secrets:
1)How you work the dough;
2) rising
3)Oven temperature (max for the first 5 minutes, then lower to 250° C
4) The oven's Heating must come from the low and from the high.
5) When you put the egg on your pizza , try to low again temperature to
200°C
Cheers
Pandora

Dennis B Peters

Sep 22, 2005, 11:28:04 AM9/22/05

> Try poching the eggs lightly in vinegared water and place them on the cooked pizza dough. Cook them to your liking.
Also fry and drain the bacon and place with eggs then just heat.

Paul M. Cook

Sep 23, 2005, 3:31:07 PM9/23/05

"Dennis B Peters" <dbpe...@tscnet.com> wrote in message

Hmmm ... poaching them might work and it's cheaper than a pizza oven.
Thanks.

Paul