Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

O. T. --- "Deconstruction" Going on Across The Street --- O. T.

Visto 76 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

itsjoan...@webtv.net

no leída,
26 ene 2023, 21:11:4226/1/23

Do y'all remember me telling you about the guy across the street from
me tried to push my car back up the street on Thanksgiving Day? I think
I shared that he's bipolar and off his medication is the reason for his
bizarre behavior. Since Thanksgiving he's had interaction with the police
4 or 5 times for his behavior. Two weeks ago or so he burned down his
parents very nice storage shed.

Today I kept hearing 'machinery' noise and when I looked out the window
there is a smallish construction dumpster in their driveway. The machinery
noise was from a small bobcat taking the burned shell of the shed down.
I've not seen him for several days and hope he's off somewhere in a
psychiatric hospital.

GM

no leída,
26 ene 2023, 21:36:5026/1/23
Gosh, Joan, I didn't know you lived on Bellerive, across from John Kuthe...

;o)

--
GM

Sqwertz

no leída,
26 ene 2023, 21:55:4926/1/23
He's probably in jail.

I woke up to a tree chipper. A neighbor was taking down a few
50ft foot trees.

Fortunately the machine was on for less than 3 minutes, and 2
minutes of that it was idle. It was not your normal wood chipper.

https://banditchippers.com/product/3590-towable/

It was actually much quieter than the piddly things the power
companies use to trim around power lines.

-sw

Dave Smith

no leída,
26 ene 2023, 22:54:3726/1/23
That's the problem with some crazy who can't get proper help or won't
take their medication. They just get further and further out of control
until they have that inevitable police interaction. When that goes
badly and the person gets badly hurt or killed. Then all the armchair
quarterbacks dump on the police say they cops should be trained to deal
with the mentally ill and how they should de-escalate the situation, the
sort of things the trained professionals have been unable to manage.

Bruce

no leída,
26 ene 2023, 23:20:2526/1/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 22:54:32 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>That's the problem with some crazy who can't get proper help or won't
>take their medication. They just get further and further out of control
>until they have that inevitable police interaction. When that goes
>badly and the person gets badly hurt or killed. Then all the armchair
>quarterbacks dump on the police say they cops should be trained to deal
>with the mentally ill and how they should de-escalate the situation, the
>sort of things the trained professionals have been unable to manage.

Yeah, Dave, the cops never do anything wrong. They never use excessive
violence. They also never kill people who didn't pose a real threat to
them.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Leonard Blaisdell

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 0:25:0327/1/23
On 2023-01-27, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Yeah, Dave, the cops never do anything wrong. They never use excessive
> violence. They also never kill people who didn't pose a real threat to
> them.

And yet, every time they do their job and confront a stranger, who just
broke the law, the officer might get killed.
I don't have the constitution to do that and am glad that others do.
Every occupation has heroes, slugs and everyone in-between.
Unfortunately, prescience isn't a human capability, although a fortune
teller will disagree.

Bruce

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 0:58:3027/1/23
On 27 Jan 2023 05:24:57 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
I'm always on the side of the cop, except when they kill someone who
represents no threat to them. And that happens most often with non
whites.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

itsjoan...@webtv.net

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 1:13:1727/1/23
On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 8:55:49 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> He's probably in jail.

Wherever he is, I hope he stays there!

> I woke up to a tree chipper. A neighbor was taking down a few
> 50ft foot trees.
>
> Fortunately the machine was on for less than 3 minutes, and 2
> minutes of that it was idle. It was not your normal wood chipper.
>
> https://banditchippers.com/product/3590-towable/
>
> It was actually much quieter than the piddly things the power
> companies use to trim around power lines.
>
> -sw

They can be noisy. Were these trees near your house where they could have
done damage if one fell on your house or the tree branches would do roof
damage?

Leonard Blaisdell

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 2:04:5227/1/23
On 2023-01-27, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I'm always on the side of the cop, except when they kill someone who
> represents no threat to them. And that happens most often with non
> whites.

Google "Tyre Nichols".

Dave Smith

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 9:48:0627/1/23
On 2023-01-27 12:24 a.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
There is no doubt that there are some bad apples out there but even the
best of them must get fed up with dealing with the lowest levels of our
society day after day after day. There are some real whackos out there
they have to deal with. The village idiot seems to want to make this
about the police, but my point was about the crazy people whose
downward spiral leads to those interactions. There is a whole network of
friends and family who have let those people down. The mental health
care system has let them down. When no one else can handle them the
cops get called in and deal with it the way they are trained to...
getting the person under control without getting themselves injured.
And when things go badly the critics whine that they should have done it
the way mental health professionals would have.... you know... the
people who could not control them, which is why the cops were called in.

Dave Smith

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 9:54:3127/1/23
A few years back we had a branch from a maple tree snap off and land on
our house. It was a huge branch, bigger than a lot of trees. The thick
end of it was more than 2 feet in diameter. It was big enough that it
reached from the tree, across our front lawn and over the house. By the
time the insurance paid for a new roof, new shingles, fascia, soffits,
eavestroughs and gutter hard it was over $24,000.

Dave Smith

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 10:03:2227/1/23
That is a curious case. There has been lots of coverage of the case to
tell about how there were two different encounters, but not much about
why he was pulled over and what happened in his interactions with the
cops that led up to the really nasty ending. There are suggestions that
there was a beating reminiscent of the Rodney King beating. What they
didn't say about that one was that the version that was shown on
television was heavily edited to show only the things the cops were
doing to King and had cut out the assaults on the cops by King.

Sqwertz

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 10:31:2727/1/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 22:13:14 -0800 (PST),
itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 8:55:49 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> He's probably in jail.
>>
> Wherever he is, I hope he stays there!
>>
>> I woke up to a tree chipper. A neighbor was taking down a few
>> 50ft foot trees.
>>
>> Fortunately the machine was on for less than 3 minutes, and 2
>> minutes of that it was idle. It was not your normal wood chipper.
>>
>> https://banditchippers.com/product/3590-towable/
>>
>> It was actually much quieter than the piddly things the power
>> companies use to trim around power lines.
>>
> They can be noisy. Were these trees near your house where they could have
> done damage if one fell on your house or the tree branches would do roof
> damage?

We all have trees that can fall and reach out houses. But these
were sick trees, I suspect. They're selling their house now that
the market is sky high. No house on this street would sell for
less than $550K.

The machine ate up 150 feet of 24" trunk trees and their limbs in
less than 90 seconds. No high-pitched whirring, just grumbling.

Bruce

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 13:47:1527/1/23
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 09:31:23 -0600, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
wrote:
They should call their machine The Sqwertz.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 14:42:0627/1/23
There was a tree that fell on the top of the hill into our backyard. It took a while for the church that owned the tree to get it out of our yard. There's a second, taller, tree that was next to the fallen tree. I'm afraid of that one coming down on our house. In my phone call to the church I informed them that it looks like that tree could come down during the next storm. Of course, they declined to remove that tree. I'll have to figure out a way to have proof that they have been warned and thus bear responsibility for any damage/injury/death that may occur in that event. I shall write them a letter forthwith. I like that word, "forthwith."

S Viemeister

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 15:53:5127/1/23
Get the letter notarized.

Dave Smith

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 17:32:5427/1/23
I don't know how my insurance company made out out the town when that
branch fell on my house. A few years later a very large branch fell off
across the road and landed on the power lines. The force of that tore my
electrical stack off. I went after the town for that and they denied
liability and said that I had never complained about it.

So... two years ago when I realized that huge maple by the corner of my
yard was rotten inside I contacted the town by email to inform them,
reminded them of their previous rejection of my claim and advised that
they were now on notice about the hazard, so they would not be ducking
liabilty. They were out to check on it within a couple days and a tree
crew showed up to get started on the upper branches to reduce the stress
on the trunk and the extent of the damage it would do.

dsi1

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 17:56:0927/1/23
That's a very good suggestion. Thanks.

William Stickers

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 19:15:5827/1/23
Dave Smith wrote:
> I contacted the town by email to inform them,
> reminded them of their previous rejection of my claim and advised that
> they were now on notice about the hazard, so they would not be ducking
> liabilty.

They prolly heard about how you throw trash on your
advisories properties, while wearing your badge.

Mind if I call you Buford T?

Hank Rogers

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 19:59:2427/1/23
Uncle Tojo, see if you can get officer dave to assist. He knows
everything when it come to da law. Even on rocks.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 20:06:2627/1/23
Bravo!

When you whine officer dave, they sure hop to it.

I'm really impressed.

GM

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 23:13:0427/1/23
Barney Fife would be right proud of 'im...

--
GM

GM

no leída,
27 ene 2023, 23:17:1027/1/23
Just imagine...

If Unca Tojo had had Officer Dave during WW II we'd no doubt now all be speaking Nipponese...

--
GM

Bruce

no leída,
28 ene 2023, 2:16:5728/1/23
On 27 Jan 2023 07:04:44 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
Those cops should go to jail. But this doesn't change anything about
what I said above. Anecdotal, anecdotal.
0 mensajes nuevos