This house is ready for the 21st Century and so am I!

John Kuthe

Aug 9, 2020, 6:20:19 PM8/9/20
100% all electric! House, car, I'm READY!

True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change! It must! Fossil Fuels run out or get too expensive to use, but electricity will always be able to be generated somehow.

And my CHOICE to be Vegetarian is based on my ethics. We CAN grow meats without killing animals, we just don't right now because cultured meat is just too expensive to grow in quantity, but WE CAN DO IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4

Plus the immense PITA known as the Meat Industry!

John Kuthe...

Hank Rogers

Aug 9, 2020, 6:44:42 PM8/9/20
How nice! And Druce will be so proud of you.

jmcquown

Aug 9, 2020, 7:07:42 PM8/9/20
On 8/9/2020 6:20 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> 100% all electric! House, car
>
> True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change!
>
> John Kuthe...

Not in your lifetime.

Jill <--- always lived in an all electric house

John Kuthe

Aug 9, 2020, 7:35:04 PM8/9/20
Wanna bet? I come from 2nd Generation Germany Kuthe stock, and we Kuthes are long livers. I kicked MS' ass, I can live to be close to 100! I don't smoke, drink alcohol and I exercise! My father bicycled as exercise well into his 80's and was the oldest rider in his last RAGBRAI ride across Iowa! I mowed my whole lawn today, and I'm eating some food/fuel before I Nordictrack this evening!

And I'm back on my WinXP box now, immune to surveillance capitalism! What OS YOU running? ;-)

John Kuthe...

Taxed and Spent

Aug 9, 2020, 7:41:10 PM8/9/20
The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

jmcquown

Aug 9, 2020, 8:05:37 PM8/9/20
On 8/9/2020 7:34 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 6:07:42 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 8/9/2020 6:20 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> 100% all electric! House, car
>>>
>>> True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>
>> Not in your lifetime.
>>
>> Jill <--- always lived in an all electric house
>
> Wanna bet?

> John Kuthe...

Whatcha wanna bet? Do tell me what is *inside* my house that isn't
powered by electricity. Can't be the computer. LOL

I *can* tell you something I have outside my house that you don't.
Solar powered lights. They charge up during the day, turn themselves on
at dusk near the front door and out back. They turn themselves off
again four hours later and recharge when the sun comes up. Gee, I think
I just beat you at your "electricity" claim.

Jill

Taxed and Spent

Aug 9, 2020, 8:12:39 PM8/9/20
You set a pretty low bar for yourself, Jill.

Dave Smith

Aug 9, 2020, 8:17:08 PM8/9/20
It may be low for Jill, but Kuthe will trip over it.

Bruce

Aug 9, 2020, 8:37:09 PM8/9/20
And Dave Smith will crawl under it.

Hank Rogers

Aug 9, 2020, 8:42:08 PM8/9/20
You're trying to trick him into "assuming the position" for you!

John Kuthe

Aug 9, 2020, 9:34:11 PM8/9/20
> again four hours later and recharge when the sun comes up. ...

Yeah, I have a couple of those. Cheap Chinese crap! Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

John Kuthe...

Sqwertz

Aug 9, 2020, 11:16:51 PM8/9/20
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 15:20:15 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> 100% all electric! House, car, I'm READY!

To die destitute.

-sw

Sqwertz

Aug 9, 2020, 11:37:30 PM8/9/20
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 16:34:59 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> Wanna bet? I come from 2nd Generation Germany Kuthe stock, and we Kuthes ...

I thought we were all one race, the Human Race. Hypocrite.

-sw

John Kuthe

Aug 9, 2020, 11:55:59 PM8/9/20
WE are One Race, the Human race.

I am one individual.

John Kuthe...

Jeßus

Aug 10, 2020, 1:07:44 AM8/10/20
<johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>100% all electric! House, car, I'm READY!
>
>True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change!

When will it happen?

>It must!

It won't. At least not in your lifetime.

> Fossil Fuels run out or get too expensive to use, but electricity will always be able to be generated somehow.

Umm. We can't mine or harness electricity from the ether... despite
what Nikola Tesla thought.

>And my CHOICE to be Vegetarian is based on my ethics.

Your CHOICE is to virtue-signal at every opportunity, you phoney.

>We CAN grow meats without killing animals, we just don't right now because cultured meat is just too expensive to grow in quantity, but WE CAN DO IT!

Or maybe we don't want nor need to?

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 10, 2020, 6:26:05 AM8/10/20
On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 6:20:19 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> 100% all electric! House, car, I'm READY!
>
> True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change! It must! Fossil Fuels run out or get too expensive to use, but electricity will always be able to be generated somehow.

Remember when they said that electricity generated by nuclear
power would be "too cheap to meter"?

Cindy Hamilton

jmcquown

Aug 10, 2020, 6:30:55 AM8/10/20
On 8/10/2020 1:07 AM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 15:20:15 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 100% all electric!
>> True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change!
>
> It won't. At least not in your lifetime.

Nope, and probably not in his son's lifetime, either.

>> We CAN grow meats without killing animals, we just don't right now because cultured meat is just too expensive to grow in quantity, but WE CAN DO IT!
>
> Or maybe we don't want nor need to?

Don't you just love the sound of "cultured meat"? Let's grow meat in a
petrie dish! Or better yet, let's try making fake meat out of
vegetables and a whole bunch of chemicals so it tastes like meat!

So far, none of his "vegetarian" meals sound good. He makes garlic
potatoes or baked beans, piles overcooked vegetables on top and thinks
that's good. I'll have the steak, thanks. :)

Jill

Bruce

Aug 10, 2020, 6:37:15 AM8/10/20
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 06:30:48 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 8/10/2020 1:07 AM, Je?us wrote:
>>
>> It won't. At least not in your lifetime.
>>
>Nope, and probably not in his son's lifetime, either.
>
>>> We CAN grow meats without killing animals, we just don't right now because cultured meat is just too expensive to grow in quantity, but WE CAN DO IT!
>>
>> Or maybe we don't want nor need to?
>>

>Don't you just love the sound of "cultured meat"? Let's grow meat in a
>petrie dish! Or better yet, let's try making fake meat out of
>vegetables and a whole bunch of chemicals so it tastes like meat!
>
>So far, none of his "vegetarian" meals sound good. He makes garlic
>potatoes or baked beans, piles overcooked vegetables on top and thinks
>that's good. I'll have the steak, thanks. :)

Did you break up with your imaginary SO? You're bitchier than ever
lately.

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 10, 2020, 6:42:34 AM8/10/20
He's ready to be a toothless old man.

I love vegetarian food. Just not John's STD meals.

Maybe it's time for another round of tofu bibimbap.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Aug 10, 2020, 7:02:10 AM8/10/20
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 03:42:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 6:30:55 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 8/10/2020 1:07 AM, Je?us wrote:

>> > It won't. At least not in your lifetime.
>> >
>> Nope, and probably not in his son's lifetime, either.

>> > Or maybe we don't want nor need to?
>> >

>> Don't you just love the sound of "cultured meat"? Let's grow meat in a
>> petrie dish! Or better yet, let's try making fake meat out of
>> vegetables and a whole bunch of chemicals so it tastes like meat!
>>
>> So far, none of his "vegetarian" meals sound good. He makes garlic
>> potatoes or baked beans, piles overcooked vegetables on top and thinks
>> that's good. I'll have the steak, thanks. :)
>>
>> Jill
>
>He's ready to be a toothless old man.

You're punching under your weight. Although I probably overestimated
your weight, in which case carry on and enjoy!

Taxed and Spent

Aug 10, 2020, 7:59:17 AM8/10/20
seems that you may be multiple individuals. scary.

Gary

Aug 10, 2020, 8:21:30 AM8/10/20
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Remember when they said that electricity generated by nuclear
> power would be "too cheap to meter"?

I use nuclear power here.

Looking at my last electric bill, the electricity itself
cost $21.30.

By time they listed all the other fees, taxes and surcharges,
my bill was for $56.97

bruce2...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2020, 8:37:39 AM8/10/20
Jill <--- could use an electric car, too

Gary

Aug 10, 2020, 8:52:51 AM8/10/20
I read a good book years ago but remember nothing about it
other than it was good. "Many Lives, Many Masters"

I think it was about reincarnation and many past lives.
I don't remember if it was fact or fiction.

bruce2...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2020, 10:07:02 AM8/10/20
You don't sound to sure of yourself.

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 10, 2020, 11:48:25 AM8/10/20
She has a car that she likes and runs well. So you say she should now s
pend $30,000 to get an electric one to save money and the environment?
What is the payback?

Taxed and Spent

Aug 10, 2020, 12:12:00 PM8/10/20
How much energy does it cost to smelt a car?

Hank Rogers

Aug 10, 2020, 2:25:18 PM8/10/20
Maybe she just needs a few good sniffs Druce. Take it away.

Jeßus

Aug 10, 2020, 4:31:53 PM8/10/20
And yet, you have them. You sent good American money back to China.

Jeßus

Aug 12, 2020, 4:44:39 PM8/12/20
wrote:

>On 8/10/2020 1:07 AM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 15:20:15 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 100% all electric!
>>> True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change!
>>
>> It won't. At least not in your lifetime.
>>
>Nope, and probably not in his son's lifetime, either.
>
>>> We CAN grow meats without killing animals, we just don't right now because cultured meat is just too expensive to grow in quantity, but WE CAN DO IT!
>>
>> Or maybe we don't want nor need to?
>>

>Don't you just love the sound of "cultured meat"? Let's grow meat in a
>petrie dish! Or better yet, let's try making fake meat out of
>vegetables and a whole bunch of chemicals so it tastes like meat!

I sometimes eat and enjoy food that you could classify as vegan or
vegetarian, but never, ever anything that is trying to be a meat
substitute... If I want meat, I'll eat meat. "cultured meat" maybe
something of more use as a protein supplement. But as an alternative
to actual meat? No thanks.

>So far, none of his "vegetarian" meals sound good. He makes garlic
>potatoes or baked beans, piles overcooked vegetables on top and thinks
>that's good. I'll have the steak, thanks. :)

We're going shopping today, I usually buy myself one really nice steak
and I guess that's what will be for dinner tonight (wife will prefer a
pork steak, beef doesn't agree with her).

Bruce

Aug 12, 2020, 4:49:42 PM8/12/20
On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 06:44:29 +1000, Jeßus <j...@j.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 06:30:48 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Don't you just love the sound of "cultured meat"? Let's grow meat in a
>>petrie dish! Or better yet, let's try making fake meat out of
>>vegetables and a whole bunch of chemicals so it tastes like meat!
>
>I sometimes eat and enjoy food that you could classify as vegan or
>vegetarian, but never, ever anything that is trying to be a meat
>substitute... If I want meat, I'll eat meat. "cultured meat" maybe
>something of more use as a protein supplement. But as an alternative
>to actual meat? No thanks.

That makes sense. Why would a corpse eater want a meat substitute?

>>So far, none of his "vegetarian" meals sound good. He makes garlic
>>potatoes or baked beans, piles overcooked vegetables on top and thinks
>>that's good. I'll have the steak, thanks. :)
>
>We're going shopping today, I usually buy myself one really nice steak
>and I guess that's what will be for dinner tonight (wife will prefer a
>pork steak, beef doesn't agree with her).

Did the cow say that?

ZZyXX

Aug 12, 2020, 9:54:28 PM8/12/20
On 8/9/20 3:20 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> 100% all electric! House, car, I'm READY!
>
> True most if not all electricity generated for STL is done so by burning Fossil Fuels, but that's gonna change! It must! Fossil Fuels run out or get too expensive to use, but electricity will always be able to be generated somehow.
>
> And my CHOICE to be Vegetarian is based on my ethics. We CAN grow meats without killing animals, we just don't right now because cultured meat is just too expensive to grow in quantity, but WE CAN DO IT!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4
>
> Plus the immense PITA known as the Meat Industry!
>
> John Kuthe...

just love your panic when the power lines fail

bruce2...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2020, 11:40:27 AM8/13/20
No panic with solar panels.