Seroquel salesmen, Why?

bruce bowser

Sep 16, 2021, 5:56:26 PM9/16/21
Why do prescription drug companies need salesmen?

Bruce 3.2

Sep 16, 2021, 6:02:43 PM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:56:22 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
<bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Why do prescription drug companies need salesmen?

To sell the drugs to doctors?

John Kuthe

Sep 16, 2021, 6:14:57 PM9/16/21
Seroquel is insanely cheap! I get 90 25mg tabs for under $12 at BJC Pharmacy!

And YES drug companies' salespeople sell to MDs because MDs have prescriptive authority!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

bruce bowser

Sep 16, 2021, 6:26:35 PM9/16/21
Your greedy doctors actually get salesmen to sell that crap?

Hank Rogers

Sep 16, 2021, 7:25:08 PM9/16/21
You could too, if you got off your lazy ass, went back to school
and become a nurse practitioner.

Maybe it's best you don't. Just stick to being mayor of da LOO.

Mike Duffy

Sep 16, 2021, 8:49:28 PM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:14:54 -0700, John Kuthe wrote:

> Seroquel

John, did you or your doc ever consider lithium? The wiki entry
introductory section final paragraph says:

"Lithium is present in biological systems in trace amounts; its functions
are uncertain. Lithium salts have proven to be useful as a mood
stabilizer and antidepressant in the treatment of mental illness such as
bipolar disorder."

If you can, I have some experiments I would like you to perform for us
with your head directly between the biggest field coils of any speakers
you might have lying about in your basement. (You will also need to
orient your head facing magnetic north.)

Essentially, I want to operate the speakers at alpha brainwave
frequencies (8 to 12 Hz) at maximum volume.

NB: I expect you to wear earplugs; what I am interested in is any changes
in cognitive function caused by the EM radiation at brainwave
frequencies. If possible, trash the speakers and just put the coils on
each side your head.

I suspect that the nuclear spin of isotope 7 lithium can become entangled
with phosphorous nuclei in your synapses. This might make you super-
intelligent, or maybe telepathetic.

John Kuthe

Sep 16, 2021, 9:10:46 PM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 7:49:28 PM UTC-5, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:14:54 -0700, John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > Seroquel
>
> John, did you or your doc ever consider lithium?...

Nope! Seroquel works just fine for me.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 16, 2021, 9:50:23 PM9/16/21
On 9/16/2021 8:49 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:14:54 -0700, John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> Seroquel
>
> John, did you or your doc ever consider lithium? The wiki entry
> introductory section final paragraph says:
>
> "Lithium is present in biological systems in trace amounts; its functions
> are uncertain. Lithium salts have proven to be useful as a mood
> stabilizer and antidepressant in the treatment of mental illness such as
> bipolar disorder."
>

> If you can, I have some experiments I would like you to perform for us
> with your head directly between the biggest field coils of any speakers
> you might have lying about in your basement. (You will also need to
> orient your head facing magnetic north.)

Whoa, hold on. Are you suggesting replacing that corn cob with a stack
of lithium D cell batteries will help him?

Mike Duffy

Sep 16, 2021, 10:47:25 PM9/16/21
Even if you don't want to try out lithium, please check out these two
links and consider doing the experiment with seroquel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcranial_magnetic_stimulation

Of course, we would not be using the power levels of the second link. It
mentions some unpleasant side-effects, such as seizures & hypomania. We
certainly would not want you to become more disinhibited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomania

Hypomania (literally "under mania" or "less than mania")[1] is a mental
and behavioural disorder, [2] characterised essentially by an apparently
non-contextual elevation of mood (euphoria) which contributes to
persistently disinhibited behaviour.

The 'God Helmet' entry also suggests to look at the entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameral_mentality

I did actually read the book by Julian Jaynes. It was tedious and went
into the blue box afterwards. But I do believe I understand the point he
was trying to make, despite that I feel he was over-generalizing and
making personally biased assumptions.

Then again, I have never heard voices in my head nor otherwise felt the
presence of any external agencies except during dreams.

Ophelia

Sep 16, 2021, 10:57:20 PM9/16/21
Mike Duffy wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:10:43 -0700, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> John, did you or your doc ever consider lithium?...
> >
> > Nope! Seroquel works just fine for me.
> Even if you don't want to try out lithium, please check out these two
> links and consider doing the experiment with seroquel:

The only "experiment" we want Kuthe to do is one that leads to
the useless eater's DEATH ;)

lol

dsi1

Sep 17, 2021, 12:12:04 AM9/17/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 11:56:26 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> Why do prescription drug companies need salesmen?

They introduce the physician to new drugs on the market and try to push their company's line of products. The office girls love the "detail man" because he brings them cute little trinkets like pens and scratch pads and candy and flowers on their birthday. For the doc, he has lots of free samples. The detail man has to schmooze the office staff because he/she has to get through them to see the doc. Well, that's what I've been told. The next time you're sitting in the doctor's waiting room and see a sharp dressed, attractive, woman or man come in through the door, that's the detail man.

dsi1

Sep 17, 2021, 12:20:36 AM9/17/21
My guess is that TMS is going to be a very big thing in the treatment of a wide range of mental disorders: depression, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, PTSD, et al.

https://www.med.unc.edu/psych/wp-content/uploads/sites/839/2019/07/TMS-2019.png

GM

Sep 17, 2021, 1:19:42 AM9/17/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 4:56:26 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> Why do prescription drug companies need salesmen?

Why do food producers need supermarkets, bb...???

--
GM

Gary

Sep 17, 2021, 7:58:10 AM9/17/21
That's true. The salesmen don't sell the drug to the doctor, they try to
sell the doctor on recommending the drug and leave them many free
samples to give to patients along with a prescription to buy more.

Gary

Sep 17, 2021, 8:04:02 AM9/17/21
"Not really," said the kangaroo.

Ophelia

Sep 17, 2021, 9:11:26 AM9/17/21
Several here who are alarmed by your unprofessional outbursts on this
group have reported you to the Board of Nursing - Missouri Division
of Professional Registration, I'm sure they'll come to the conclusion
that your posts here on rfc make "juicy" reading:

https://pr.mo.gov/nursing-complaint-form2.asp

MO Board of Nursing
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 656
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0656

Express Mail Address
3605 Missouri Boulevard
Jefferson City, MO 65109

573.751.0681 Telephone
573.751.0075 Fax
800.735.2966 TTY
800.735.2466 Voice Relay
nur...@pr.mo.gov
https://pr.mo.gov/nursing.asp

Dave Smith

Sep 17, 2021, 10:22:08 AM9/17/21
Those guys make pretty good money.

Dave Smith

Sep 17, 2021, 10:32:00 AM9/17/21
I had a good friend who was a doctor and he had cupboards and drawers
full of samples. If we were ailing with something instead of writing a
prescription for us he would just give us a bunch of his samples. I
don't think he had to spend much money on drugs for his family.

bruce bowser

Sep 17, 2021, 12:44:03 PM9/17/21
Damn, that's all way outta my league. I wonder if it works the same way with peddling Thorazine?

bruce bowser

Sep 17, 2021, 12:45:05 PM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 9:11:26 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 5:14:57 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 5:02:43 PM UTC-5, Bruce 3.2 wrote:

> > > To sell the drugs to doctors?
> > Seroquel is insanely cheap! I get 90 25mg tabs for under $12 at BJC Pharmacy!
> >
> > And YES drug companies' salespeople sell to MDs because MDs have prescriptive authority!
> >
> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> Several here who are alarmed by your unprofessional outbursts on this
> group have reported you to the Board of Nursing - Missouri Division
> of Professional Registration, I'm sure they'll come to the conclusion
> that your posts here on rfc make "juicy" reading:
>
> https://pr.mo.gov/nursing-complaint-form2.asp
>
> MO Board of Nursing

Hmmm, what does that stand for? Mofo board of nursing?

dsi1

Sep 17, 2021, 1:05:01 PM9/17/21
I think you're right about that. Those guys remind me of real estate agents - the successful ones anyway.

dsi1

Sep 17, 2021, 1:07:37 PM9/17/21
Beats me. I think it requires a special set of skills. Are you attractive enough? I certainly ain't!

Dave Smith

Sep 17, 2021, 1:26:14 PM9/17/21
True. There are a lot of people who get into those fields and never to
well, but then there are those who make a bundle. One of my brother's
best friends was a drug salesman and he was living the high life for
years. He got to travel all over the world, much of it free for
conventions and conferences, plus the paid travel for a large territory,
plus expensive personal vacations. He did well enough that he took an
early retirement and did what he always wanted to do. He became a
professional musician. He had always been a great pianist and now he is
getting paid to do what he loves. According to his web site he has been
at it for 20 years, so I guess that means he retired from the drug
business at about 53.

Michael Trew

Sep 17, 2021, 2:28:36 PM9/17/21
I did not expect to see that come from you.. I had to do a double take
on the name.. LOL

Bruce 3.2

Sep 17, 2021, 3:20:06 PM9/17/21
The attitude is like covid. It spreads.

Michael Trew

Sep 17, 2021, 4:02:19 PM9/17/21
It's kind of difficult to avoid here. I've caught myself reciprocating
it more times than I'd like to admit.

Bruce 3.2

Sep 17, 2021, 4:13:35 PM9/17/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:02:18 -0400, Michael Trew
I noticed :)

Mike Duffy

Sep 17, 2021, 4:24:27 PM9/17/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:02:18 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

> It's kind of difficult to avoid here. I've caught myself reciprocating
> it more times than I'd like to admit.

I'm guilty as well. As a self-imposed penance, I usually try to be nicer
in the future to the one I have humiliated. (Except Bruce, of course.)

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 17, 2021, 5:59:57 PM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 9:32:00 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> I had a good friend who was a doctor and he had cupboards and drawers
> full of samples. If we were ailing with something instead of writing a
> prescription for us he would just give us a bunch of his samples. I
> don't think he had to spend much money on drugs for his family.

My doctor is great about giving out the samples he receives from the
drug reps. If the drug worked then he'd write a prescription for it if it
was something that needed to be taken regularly.

Michael Trew

Sep 17, 2021, 6:56:26 PM9/17/21
haha

Bruce 3.2

Sep 17, 2021, 7:05:12 PM9/17/21
A dubious moment for enabling laughter.

Ophelia

Sep 18, 2021, 3:22:16 AM9/18/21
Liar

Bryan Simmons

Sep 18, 2021, 6:29:53 AM9/18/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 5:14:57 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 5:02:43 PM UTC-5, Bruce 3.2 wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:56:22 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > <bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Why do prescription drug companies need salesmen?
> > To sell the drugs to doctors?
> Seroquel is insanely cheap! I get 90 25mg tabs for under $12 at BJC Pharmacy!

At that price you could take as many as you want! You should take
all 90 at the same time.

> And YES drug companies' salespeople sell to MDs because MDs have prescriptive authority!
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN... BSDM

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Sep 18, 2021, 6:33:17 AM9/18/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 6:25:08 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 5:02:43 PM UTC-5, Bruce 3.2 wrote:

> >> To sell the drugs to doctors?
> >
> > Seroquel is insanely cheap! I get 90 25mg tabs for under $12 at BJC Pharmacy!
> >
> > And YES drug companies' salespeople sell to MDs because MDs have prescriptive authority!
> >
> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN... BSDM
> >
> You could too, if you got off your lazy ass, went back to school
> and become a nurse practitioner.

No, he couldn't. They'd do a background check.

> Maybe it's best you don't. Just stick to being mayor of da LOO.

Dammit, Hank! Pay attention. He merely wants to be mayor of Bel Nor.
It's not like he has delusions of grandeur.

--Bryan

Mike Duffy

Sep 18, 2021, 10:50:49 AM9/18/21
On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 03:33:13 -0700, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> Dammit, Hank! Pay attention. He merely wants to be mayor of Bel Nor.
> It's not like he has delusions of grandeur.

The only thing we cannot be sure of is the exact number of days into his
mayorality campaign before an upstanding vigilante citizen from the St.
Louis area follows him around on his free toffee tour with a megaphone
repeating ad nauseum all the disgusting stuff you have posted here.

I'll bet John will have no problem; he'll just buy an inverter for his
100% electric Nissan Leaf and install his Klipsch La Scalas, Klipsch
Heresies, powered by a McIntosh MC2105 105wpc power amp, two Bozak Urbans
powered by a Crown 200wpc power amp, and two 15" Dayton Subwoofers 15in a
truck box and a 1000w Dayton plate amp and then crank it up and yell:

THERE'S NO SECURITY ON USENET, I KNOW AS I HAVE THREE DEGREES !!

What we cannot be sure of is if his baffed-out batteries will have enough
charge to get him home after sluffing all their energy into phonons.

Paul

Feb 2, 2022, 1:12:58 AM2/2/22
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 4:56:26 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> Why do prescription drug companies need salesmen?

Yes, people aren't naturally inclined to eat what's best for them.